/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpWmlRNfLck
shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58342
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for guerrilla warfare

2nd for already page 8

Played the Blue Revolver demo today, game looks really bad desu. I don't like the movement, bullet color and huge-pixel-indie-graphics. Meh.

3rd for autistic retard japs who won't share any strats because they live by the code of the samurai.

4th for rng bullshit

5th for fishing

5th for autistic farm shills

3rd for input lag

7th for ovr

8th for I am so sick of the sh*tty attitude on this forum, this is supposed to be a positive thread to promote the game.

Just drew a nice sketch of Rosalie, and then my pc crashed while trying to stream and I didn't save the image.. Fuck

fuck off banana

Dunno, I think he was right.
The only thing Banana does is complaining. About everything.

Hisa @diamond_fairy_ 16h16 hours ago
@endoKarbSTG @gusyphus losers are always looking for excuses. you 2 must realize yourselves you are worthless players so no worth to share.

random jap appears out of nowhere and destroys gus LMAO

alright lets have a tentative list of accomplished guerrillas who have been public in dethroning a Japanese record or otherwise pushing it further down securing Western supremacy:

1. Gus (debatable)
2. ProjectAKo
3. abschüssig (formerly)
4. cactu
5. Sakurei
6. chum
7. MegaPulse
8. Japow

>to promote the game.
What game?

>The only thing Banana does is complaining. About everything.

Yeah he has big balls behind his alias but as soon as he's invited to speak on stg weekly it's all "b-b-b-but i d-d-d-don't like my voice" absolute faggatron 4000.

I cleared Mushi Original with a life left, have any of the japs managed that yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=dpWmlRNfLck

*goes to one of several local arcades and learns from players irl*

yes

all these players must realize they are worthless have no worth to share.

reminder that all WRs are void without video proof.

>What game?
DFK

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58342

anyone else feeling the dfk meh?

why is gus even chimping out?

because it's gorilla warfare

It does put meh in mecha.

what did the japs do to him? not respect him enough or what?

It's mostly the DP/DDP guys refusing to upload replays.

why?

So gus is angry because they didn't upload their own replays?!
WTF???

You know, I've known Bananamatic for a long time on youtube, but I don't remember what for.

I'm just now finding out that he's supposedly a somewhat known STG player.

They have some secret strats that dramatically increase the scoring potential.

That's no reason to yell at them and treat them like trash. This guy sounds like a psychopath.

Hm, I must be retarded, because every upload by his is some hardcore shit that I'd never watch someone else play.
Weird.

I didn't like it either, really disappointing.
Banana is a worthless memespouter.

he's known for his shitposting not as a player

>7. MegaPulse
The only person with anything to offer.

I've been playing Mushihime as my first real shmup and I like it a lot. What was your first shmup and how did you progress from there in terms of what games you played? Also, best way to practice for 1ccs?

Err, where did this happen?

I was mixing him up with Bananasaurus.

On the twitter. He called them scared bitches ect

Why doesn't he just get good and find out the strats himself then? They're not obligated to stream or upload replays or do jack shit.

Exactly my thoughts. I for one actually find it cool when they don't reveal their secrets. Shmups are puzzles too, not just about execution.

>Also, best way to practice for 1ccs?
Do single stages in practice mode until you can no miss them
Use save states if you're emulating

So many of the "good" shmup players just rip off replays rather than learning the game themselves. It's certainly more efficient but also very unimpressive.

It took nearly 20 years of the game being out before anyone found these new strats. If everyone had the same attitude we'd still be cavemen.

Holy shit, this retard actually really thinks he is Che Guevara

Who says they don't have the attitude to share? I guess they just don't want to share it with everyone, which is totally fine.

Well, too bad for those that are unable to find them then. They'll have to wait until the WR replay is "officially" revealed or something. Not everybody is meant to be a super-player and hold a WR.

Sounds like an excuse to not try.

because he's the biggest attention whore in shmupdom

unfortunately for him he's a worthless player with nothing of worth to share

How is that fine? It's literal elitism.

Why would you share your strats with others when it only can cause you to get outplayed?
Sharing WR strats is actually pretty stupid desu.

Why do you think you deserve to see the strategies they worked so hard to come up with? Figure it out yourself and maybe you'll earn some respect instead of begging for handouts like a retard.

It's not an excuse for anything. People who bitch about someone having more knowledge and skill than them should just get good and keep trying, or shut the fuck up.

I imagine a WR isn't valid until a replay/video gets posted anyway, so all they have to do is wait for that if they absolutely can't do it.

I thought Gus quit shmups to lift and shove stuff up his butt

>Mushihime as my first real shmup
Same.
>how did you progress from there
Mushi Original 1cc -> Mushi Maniac 1cc
Currently practicing Sengoku Ace

>best way to practice for 1ccs?
Save states > practice mode > credit feeding

We don't even know what it is.
Whatever it is it took 20 years for someone to find, possibly by complete accident.

desu, the only people that think you should make your own wr routes are shitters that are never gonna attempt anything hard, so they can just impose unrealistic standards on those who do.
Some people also seem to think that replicating the strats in a highscoring replay is simple, which just shows they never tried anything like it

>unrealistic standards on those who do.
And yet someone managed to create them.

nobody said you should make your own
its just retarded to demand from ppl to share strats

Assuming that they built everything from scratch as the work of a lone genius, which is almost certainly not the case.

same

I wonder what went so terribly wrong with resurrection that they can't commit to a release date yet. October is next week for fucks sake. I'm feeling the meh. This thing has all the signs of a trainwreck.

Debatable. The portal to Gilverado opens when they're in mortal danger, but the criteria for that is a bit inconsistent.

For Rosa and Follett, it only opened when they were on the border of death. Rosa from a car accident that left her body broken and comatose, and Follett from falling in a river and freezing to near-death.

Windia, however, seemed to have her portal open when she was only in fear for her life, rather than actually damaged to the point of near-death. She actually got a whole drama CD chapter dedicated to what happened to her. I've listened to it but I don't understand Jap very well so I can only guess as to what was going on. It seems she was kidnapped off the street by the mafia, I don't know why, and after a bunch of other stuff happened, eventually someone pulled a knife on her. It sounded like they were cutting through her clothes and then the portal opened.

Casper and Sakura's situations are too vague to draw any solid conclusions on. All we know of Casper's is that she was kidnapped, locked up, and that they "tried to kill" her. She doesn't seem to have any bodily scars, so I might assume it's similar to Windia's where she was teleported at the threat of dying rather than being damaged to near-death. Also to note is that Casper has amnesia of her entire life prior to Gilverado, this incident included. Possibly repressed memories from the traumatic experience? I dunno, I'm not a psychologist.

Sakura's unique in that her parents were also transported with her through the portal. All we know officially is that they were involved in a car accident which resulted in the portal opening. What I kind of assume is that somehow Sakura's car drove off a cliff or something and the portal opened and took the entire car and family to Gilverado before they hit the ground. That would explain why the entire family was taken there, as well as the car itself (shown at the end of the Swamp stage).

Hashtag DeathsmilesLore

>Also to note is that Casper has amnesia of her entire life prior to Gilverado, this incident included.
Then how does she know what's going on when she returns to the real world?

desu the only people begging for strats are shitters who will never accomplish anything great because they never learned how to think

Boot up a shmup and practice at least 1 hour right now, /shmupg/!

The ending says that once Casper returns and sees the place and the people that kidnapped her, her memories suddenly returned to her.

B-but I just practiced...

I did that this morning!

anime is shit

anime is life

>desu, the only people that think you should make your own wr routes are shitters that are never gonna attempt anything hard, so they can just impose unrealistic standards on those who do.
>Some people also seem to think that replicating the strats in a highscoring replay is simple, which just shows they never tried anything like it

I agree with you gus I mean in speedrunning for example there are guys who don't play but dedicate to finding new strats ingames to share with the players etc, the community will generate more players and shit if everyone plays a part and contributes to the cause.

My belief in everything i've ever done is if you want not ever be copied then achieve something to difficult to be imitated simples.

>Why would you share your strats with others when it only can cause you to get outplayed?
>Sharing WR strats is actually pretty stupid desu.
bullshit sharing strats doesn't give someone the skill to execute them only the knowledge that it exists. Super sekret japs are the biggest saddest weirdest bunch of cunts i've ever witnessed desu... OH NOES SATOSHI FILTHY GAIJIN HAVE LEARNED YOUR STRATS IN THAT 15 YR OLD GAME THAT 3 PPL PLAY IN THE WORLD, dumb as fuck.

. MegaPulse
>The only person with anything to offer.
endless insights to his crippling depression from video game addiction?

>bullshit sharing strats doesn't give someone the skill to execute them only the knowledge that it exists
Finding the right strats is the most difficult part about high level play you fucktard. And I never said you everyone will be able to copy them, but the one or other definitely will.

>but the one or other definitely will.
Wrong there can only be one wr holder so to hold the strats back is an act of cowardice but hey if they get boners for having wrs with secret strats then keeping the video and everything else private then so be it as no one else gives a flying fuck. It's clearly a minority to like i said NO ONE holds back strats in speedrunning and hardly anyone does in shmups either I mean look at mat mouse stream etc it's just a handfull of elliot rodgers in nip land being pathetic as fuck, like i said if you don't want to be copied then achieve something to hard to be otherwise your achievement only exists on a biased in your favour platform held together by secrets and fear of being 2nd. Pussy as fuck! I wanna see players that say "these are my top strats asshole now try copying them if u can gaijin pleb fuck with fat tits".

not even gonna replay to this gibberish. You have mental problems Gus. seek help from your parents

You're dumb as fuck for putting speed running games made for children on the same level as arcade shooting games made for the elite.

Speedrunning games have more difficulty range sure but some instances have equal difficulty and player effort for example furiouspaul has put more into his castlevania 4 record than almost any shmup player has on anything in the west literally thousands and thousands of hours, don't be ignorant not everyone is a dumb pleb.

Who cares? Some retard played Bubsy 3D for 3000 hours, this is not a joke or exaggeration, it doesn't change the fact that they're pathetic games made for children. They have a skill ceiling lower than reaching a top 500 score in any half decent shmup.

>They have a skill ceiling lower than reaching a top 500 score in any half decent shmup.
On a clear level maybe but not on a speedrunning level you fucking idiot thus why records take so long to get, go on go get a semi decent cv4 time i dare you I bet you can't spastic bitch.

>on a speedrunning level
The competition in speedrunning is pathetic, compared to arcade shmups. Why do you think guys like Aquas can get a speedrunning WR in a game as popular as Ghouls n Ghosts? BECAUSE NO ASS DOES SPEEDRUNNING EXCEPT FOR EDGY CHILDREN!!!

I agree for most games but not all, it's the same difference as 1ccing a shmup compared to wr scoring it.

Just a heads up for the 2hufags here.

Speedrunning is a joke. Records take "so long to get" because the games have extremely low skill ceilings you dumb fuck, that's why it's appealing to plebs. They don't have to work hard and overcome extremely difficult challenges, they can merely grind their easy games until """"THE RUN""""" aka get lucky and shave off that .1 second for """"""""""""""WR""""""""""""""" that nobody gives a fuck about because they're forcing competition into games that weren't made to be competitive.

Speed running is the most cancerous thing to happen to video games

i'm too old for scoring

>guys like Aquas
he should go full shmup with guwange desu, not sure why he stopped seeing he loved it so much.

Again some games but not all.

>Speed running is the most cancerous thing to happen to video games
Nah that'd be kraut.

>not sure why he stopped seeing he loved it so much.
why work hard on a shmup when you can grind some fucking NES game for a memerunning world record

anyone else feeling the dfk meh?

>why work hard on a shmup when you can grind some fucking NES game for a memerunning world record
Because the sense of self satisfaction is greater with the former. Honestly i reckon he only went memerunning for the community.

that was a rhetorical question mate

yeah, i'm feeling the dfk meh

Before I got into shmups, I thought DFK looked like the hypest shit ever, and if I could play it I would do so forever.

Nowadays I tend to forget it exists.

cudnae give a cows cunt mate.

Daifukkatsu is the best DDP game 2bh.

I understand what you're saying for games where time saves are down to a few frames however that is not the case even for some of the most popular speedrun games. Take super mario 64 for example. The WR for 120 stars is 2 minutes off of the player's sum of best segments. This is despite hundreds of people playing the game and top players having hundreds or thousands of hours in the game. And that's only optimization in the current route the WR uses. The fastest TAS of the game is 20 minutes faster than the WR. Obviously some of the TAS strats would be humanly impossible but regardless there is still a shit ton of optimization which can be done.

I agree that most games are not very good for speedrunning, as they are not designed for it. However that does not mean speedrunning as a whole is bad.

Honestly the shmup community needs to get off its high horse and realize that it's not the greatest thing ever. Otherwise it will fade into obscurity and then there will be no shmup community.