/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Mou Sugoi Kaga-san edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Patch 5.11(LIVE):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0511/

>British cruisers announcement (SOON™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/

>Imperial Japanese Navy destroyer tech tree rework (WEEBS™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/new-jpn-dd/

RUMOR MILL (SUBS)
forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/96120-submarines-are-coming/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
na.wows-numbers.com/

>Useful Information:
pastebin.com/ec862KsG (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (poi) (embed) (botes) (; _ ;)

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Ubermensch Clan:
NA: [HURTU]: na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000010943/

>Untermensch Clans:
NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
NA: [NTR]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007315/
EU: [NOFUN]: eu.wargaming.net/clans/50001123

Last thread:

Respond to this if you want Anu to neck himself.

Do mods even exist? What does your picture have anything to do with the game

Off to a good start I see

Yes please

Friendly reminder that battleshit players should just fucking kill themselves.

Please make a new thread as well, this one's garbage.

agreed

>We added more ranks to making it of comfortable for you
>also you don't get to keep stars for losing in first place anymore because it was hurting peoples feelings
The number one complaint about last season was how fucking long it took to get to 1, and they have the genius idea to extend it in every way possible. This isn't going to magically make people start playing cruisers either, it'll still be 2BB5DD per match. With this, the battleship armor changes, and the lack of the BBs in smoke meta being changed yet, I can tell it's going to be the worst season. Guess they really regret the Flint.

t.Anumati

i'm pretty sure german battleships don't have good AA, it's why they have amazing secondaries to begin with

It's like they don't even fucking play their own game

B-BBBUT MUH CARRIER LOST 2 PLANES IN EXCHANGE FOR 75% OF BB HP

this new rudder upgrade is gonna make cruisers invincible on the battlefield

fucking WG does it again!

>Have to give up concealment

eh

>using concealment when you can become a destroyer

who the fuck is going to hit you?

rudder upgrade doesnt change the fact that you can get gangbanged from multiple directions by battleships. Maneuver as much as you want but good BB players will still hit you with ease

>Become a destroyer
>No concealment
???????????????

Oh the salt is too funny. Only one person posts Kaga right? On an anonymous imageboard dedicated to anime.
You fuckers are easy as fuck to dupe.
Instead of posting offtopic, why don't you focus on the game.

you really need to check this out because you are literally maneuvering as if you're a destroyer

this is not a fucking meme

why don't you do us all a favor and post a streamable of this "maneuvering"

or are you playing on a toaster

Not that guy, but I just installed both steering mods on NO to satisfy my curiosity and I found that you can get the rudder shift down to 3.3 s. I think it was 4.5 s with just the new mod, which would allow you to run Prop Mod 2.

>thanks for killing battleships wg everyone is going to snipe now
>""""""Brawling""""""" bow on and beached on an island without a push is dead and I'll never play battleships again
>It's impossible to brawl or even do well without exploiting autobounce mechanics
>when will wg buff belt armor to 500mm so battleships are usable and fun again?

Go to the Warships forums with the other barely sentient shitters. Alternatively, get fucking good and learn to actually play the game.

I cant wait to see the tears on the live server.

>cant go bow on and complain everywhere
>"Guess I'll go back to sniping"

>5k profit, 700 base xp for a win without dying

Hopefully they go back to cruisers. The balance has been fucked up with all the people in battleships either for the meta or the new line.

Go develop a game called world of bunkers or something.

F U N
U
N

Ok, now go crying in a corner Anu.
You will never be Kaga the BBC queen.

Who are you quoting, nigger?

this looks pretty dank but there's no way I'm replacing all my concealment modules with that shit. Not worth.

I think he's quoting the babbies from the forums, complaining they can't bow on meme through a game anymore.

Do you seriously think making T8-10 BB's armor effectively useless at sub 10km range against other BB AP is actually going to make them more likely to go into close range?
Or do you think when people are presented with a choice between having anything with a 16" gun nuke them straight through the front of their ship or just sitting at the back of the map and just taking the XP loss, they're going to take the option where they die.
People aren't complaining about this change because it nerfs 'sitting at the back of the map bow-on' (well maybe some of them are but they're idiots), people are pointing out that all this is going to do is encourage BBs to get into brawling range even less than they did before because that's what it punishes more than anything else.

>WG spent time and money working on making Prinz Eugen, a straight up
>They could have been making a premium CL Mogami class sister ship instead

Seriously man, CL Mogami was fun as fuck. It needed some balancing))) done because it was a little OP, but it still would be a fun as fuck bote.

>end of the webm is him getting hit by shells because he's detected

Problem is that people would complain that they're taking free content out of the game so they can make people pay for it.

aaaay how bout them agility buff to CAsuals?

Bow armor helps both good and bad players, i don't get why it should be a issue for bad players only.
If anything it punishes good players who actively push and get involved in fights where bow armor actually matters.

No one would fucking say that; CL Mogami is is artificially nerfed to make it worse than the CA version.

A Mogami balanced around the CL config would be better.

It's pretty cool, and I think it's a good idea, but it seems like the stealth one will still be better because not getting spotted in the first place is a better thing than having a better opportunity to dodge stuff
Idk, maybe I'm wrong and the rudder will be REALLY good

I guarantee people would complain that they intentionally made tech-tree Mogami CL suck ass permanently to get people to buy a premium version of something that was kind of already in the game.

No, they wouldn't.

Please add Disable Collision Avoidance System to the OP.

That damn thing costs me so many kills.

>no 5th skill Cpts

Should I just Norcar in ranked?

Didn't realize they removed the whole not losing a star for top XP thing. This saved my ass more than once, but otoh I saw some blatant gaming of this by DDs at the first sign of trouble in a round

And how do you know? Even just in these threads people are constantly talking about how jewish WG is and how they're looking for whatever methods possible to get people to pay them money.
As you said they're intentionally keeping CL Mogami as bad as possible, why couldn't they just make it balanced instead of charging like $60 or whatever to play a version of the ship that was already in the game before they took it away?

>no 15pt captains

use your dragon flags with confederate flags on daily doubles and get a 15 pt captain before ranked starts

should be ez pz if you aren't a potato

im gonna pair it with the acceleration buff instead of more rudder shift time. possibly means ill have no speed bleedtrhu when eurobeat happens

D:

I could probably see it working on ships that don't need both CE and the stealth mod to be able to invisifire, I think I remember the Ibuki only needing one to get something like a 2km invisifiring window (I never got CE by the time I moved on for mine) and you could probably run CE and the rudder mod for some sick nasty drifts for if you do get spotted.

If only I wasn't having to wait a million years to try it out because I haven't updated my test server client in absolutely ages

I will be on PT server as of tomorrow.

t. donaldtrump

True.

I never move Captains so it's going to take some work.

I'm undecided between NC and Bisko

rev up those des moines boys

NC - if there are cruisers/carriers in queue
Bismarck - if there are battleships in queue

not that hard

wg is willing to nerf invisifire

so i wouldnt be surprised if eurobeat is the only solution left asides choosing when to engage

I figured as much, as someone who really enjoys playing invisible flamethrowers that shit is total cancer and I have to imagine they're going to get rid of it eventually
Funnily enough I actually mentioned here a few days ago that I think buffs to maneuverability and maybe to HP/survivability for the higher tier CAs would probably do a lot to help, seems like WG agrees

>A for profit company is looking for ways to get people to give them their money!
What an astute observation. You know, Saipan used to be in the tech tree too. Also, Atago goes for $48, and Mikhail for $46. Really makes you think.

So, why is no one whining about Mikhail? It's essentially a copy of Chapayev. Oh but it has a gimmick, something a premium CL Mogami could also have. No one whines about Tirpitz now that her sister is in game. $55 for quad torpedo tubes? Wow! What a deal.

There is a history of premium ships that are near identical to a free tech tree counterpart but that come with a gimmick. No one complains about their Jewery. In fact, people regularly recommend both of them.

No one will complain about a buffed CL Mogami premium. Only whiney niggers will.

Thing is, the Concealment upgrade/CE use is not limited to only invisifiring. The concealment itself is very useful for getting the jump on an unaware ship, getting away out of difficult situations by holding your fire, and to know when an enemy DD is stalking you, and help narrow down their location. Which is why CE and the upgrade are useful even on battleships, and why I don't think the new rudder upgrade is worth it.

o7 chomp ;_;

At least we were on the same side this time.

>Only whiney niggers will.
That makes up a pretty substantial part of the playerbase.
And the MK and Tirpitz pre-dated their tech tree lines by quite a bit of time so there was some purpose to them being premium ships. It's not about being similar to something that's in the game, it's about actively taking something out of the game so they can then charge money for what people already had for free.

Yeah, as I said it seems like it might just be limited to a fun option rather than the most actually useful one. Although it would make sense in a world where they're intending to get rid of invisifiring as it is now.

>I never move Captains

chapayev's rudder is 4.6 sec with the new upgrade while tashkent is 6 sec

>test client launcher downloads the patches at like 1/5th the speed of the regular updates
>I have like half a year of updates to go
fug

goddamn I really can't wait to get on there now
I want to see what I can make a Moskva do

mogami also has some absurd sub 5 sec swift time

truly we have reached absurd arcade levels for the sake of balance

i tried it with the moskva earlier, it's almost like WG nerfed khaba, put this new upgrade in the game just to transform moskva into the new khaba

no fucking joke, it is OP

is there a Veeky Forums chat on the test server?

No, those are just normally whiney people. Whiney niggers are more like you.

>it's about actively taking something out of the game so they can then charge money for what people already had for free.
just
saipan

The order of appearance is fucking irrelevant. Whether or not the ships is different enough to warrant it is.

To be honest m8 I really don't care if they do or don't put a premium Mogami CL in the game, I never played it when it was OP and I don't really feel the need to play it now
But if you seriously think people wouldn't throw a massive tantrum about them essentially making a ship unusable in order to sell it for the highest price range then you're delusional

I made one, but no one uses it.
Veeky Forums
vidya

interested on this as well

Post boats.
Wows really needs a drawfag

I made one. People regularly use it.

Did you even bother searching the channels? Jeez.

Nope
But mostly because I can't get on to the test server yet because my client is taking forever to update with my 3rd world internet
I was just curious to know because I never bothered to check last time I was on there

>CA-35 USS Indianapolis
>No dual 5"/38s
>No 16" individually sleeved guns
The fuck is this? Everyone knows Indianapolis had the same guns and turrets as the Iowas. Get this shit outta here.

the passworded channel is gone and t we once again have the same thing NA had, copies of channels by different autists from vg

LOL

so click on all of them whats so hard about this?

IJN cruisers already reach sub-5 seconds on live.

This module is tailor-made to make Soviet cruisers hard to hit at long range.

KM might profit from using the rudder shift booster because you can just keep zig-zagging while shitting out shells.
USN, no idea really. Probably cloaking device so you can get your Dank Memes into position.
IJN can keep the cloaking device to invisfire all day.

>tfw hanging out in other threads at the same time and they have loads of drawfags
>whatever ones we had at some point are long gone

Friendly reminder that cruisers dont have the turn radius that destroyers do so they will still be cucked.

WHERE ARE MY FUCKING FLAGS

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HAVE 10 ONLY? WHERE ARE THE FUCKING FLAGS

I am so fucking sick of this shit, it says the 19th September but its the 20th

GIVE THE FUCKING FLAGS ALREADY NIKO, YOU FUCKING FAT FUCK

>It gets better -- if you meet the following milestones on September 16, you'll get the following rewards after September 19:
>after September 19:
>after

What makes you think the new module was specifically made to give soviet cruiser an advantage?

Haguro has the best voicepack in the entire fucking game.

>not using russian voice pack

fuck off

>that shitty squeaky voice
>good

Kirishima has the only bearable one

>Not using the best anime voicepack.
Fuck off
>Kirishima
It's fucking Iona, you faggot.

>using the anime voicepack.

you have to be 18+ to be here kid

You're all wrong. Angry Bongo has the best voicepack.

Not him but the concealment mod is functionally useful on all other nation's CAs. I doubt Zaos or DMs will trade their stealth for quicker rudder shift. Meanwhile the Moskva can be seen from space when it fires, which actually makes taking steering gears mod 3 a viable option.

what

There is no real Kirishima voicepack, it's using Iona for her.

>Roon in secondaries meme.
Thank WG for existence of Public test

There is. It was added 1 or 2 patches after the ship was released on NA. Same for Haruna.

I think it's overrated, cruisers have a huge turning radious, which makes their evasive maneouvres inherently bad.

EU getting personal offers for 25% off Lo Yang

Anyone on NA get this?

Haruna is Haruna
Kirishima is Iona.

DROP THE WALLET GOY

Ever wondered why your 'Kirishima' says "crash dive!" at the beginning of the match?