/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 20th:
622 – Muhammad and Abu Bakr arrived in Medina
1187 – Saladin begins the Siege of Jerusalem.
1378 – Cardinal Robert of Geneva, called by some the "Butcher of Cesena", is elected as Avignon Pope Clement VII, beginning the Papal schism.
1857 – The Indian Rebellion of 1857 ends with the recapture of Delhi by troops loyal to the East India Company.
1942 – Holocaust in Letychiv, Ukraine. In the course of two days the German SS murders at least 3,000 Jews.

>News
CK2 - DD23
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-23-more-rules-less-lunatics.968680/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg
reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/53p6aj/we_need_to_do_something_about_gsg/
youtube.com/watch?v=m0v8CkbsC5w
youtube.com/watch?v=nxbV3RsyQwI
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

Reminder that R&I is a severely autistic and obsessed NEET, he seriously needs to seek psychological help of some kind, although preferably he should just be euthanized humanely.

He has been doing this months or years now: prepare /gsg/ threads every day, update them all the time, constantly check the current thread so he can make his own one about 20 posts early and then post the signature reply "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" which makes no sense since it's an oxymoron.

Just think about it, think about all the effort he's investing in a shitty general that could easily be maintained by just about anyone else, not to mention that pretty much everyone here hates him.

And he does this every day, multiple times a day even. Sometimes he does miss threads, but it's still ridiculously obsessive.

As I'm posting this he probably has already prepared a thread for later today and is anxiously waiting for this thread to reach the bumplimit so he can continue the cycle as always. He's clearly a NEET who probably hasn't done anything worth of any note in months or years, so he can afford to do this 24/7.

What a sad creature. Please put him out of his misery, anyone. No one deserves to live like this.

New ck2 patch when

Truly the best country in the world, no doubt.

Reposting from last thread, how do I ensure that I get the Western tech group when converting a save to EU4?

IIRC you need to be catholic group

Back to your containment board

Is that all? Good to know.

this tbf

So how should I change my army then? I have more than enough money to reorganize it, should I only use 4 regiments of cavalry per stack? So my stacks of inf/cal/art should look something like 16/4/10, since I have a width of 30?

Truly the second best country in the world, no doubt.

see >16/4/10, since I have a width of 30?
no no no.

Everyone is not in the front row.
Ideally you want 30 Infantry to match your 30 combat width.
Then you have 2 Cavalry on each flank.
Then 30 artillery firing from the back row.
Ideally.
Supply limits and such put a bit of hamper on that.

You shouldn't aim for Inf+Cav+Art=30 anyways.

>this is the kind of """""people""""" who criticize the US

you should uninstall.exe

Alright, so I'll try with a 25/4/15 stack, though I'm not sure how that's gonna work since not many of the provinces have that huge of a supply limit right now.
My force limit is at 102, should I make two big stacks, or one big and some small ones for reinforcement?

Yeah you can't go all in on the max limit of the army, but with nearby armies you can add them up into that size for a single battle.
Like if you have 2 provinces that are adjacent to another province.
Then you have enough in both of those provinces that fill your width and then move both of them in.
Thus avoiding attrition and keeping.

The stacks should be rearranged a bit depending on where you fight and who you fight.

Austria > Prussia

youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/53p6aj/we_need_to_do_something_about_gsg/

>trying to start a shitfest

NYPA

glorioustrotskyist17 is white and based

THIS TBQH
H
I
S

T
B
Q
H

does plague also kill those event troops?

Why didn't you just conquer Vienna instead of westernising?

Seek help.

@your posts
lmao kys dumb nigger

REAL THREAD

@155312375
omg go back to /B/ you fucking newfag

Guam hate thread.

How much do you fags hate this piece of shit non-existent failure of an "island" that shouldn't be here. I hate every single one of you in Guam and you should too.

>guam

Is that in europe?

t. Palau PRO

Even as an edgy anti-Prussiaboo, I have to admit that the Austrians were a pathetic excuse of an empire.

The only respectable Catholic power of the 19th and 20th centuries was France.

ur pathetic

What about Belgium

Because Austria was a bit too hard to attack at that point in time, I barely had 30k total army.

Okay, but what should the general ratio be? 1:1 for inf:art, and 4-10 cavalry?

>playing 7 Years mod as Mexico
>North German immigrants in Texas

Is the obvious revolution avoidable? Also, is it possible for me to diploannex New Granada?

>Belgium
>a real country

I'm sorry, but you have to be at least this much of a country to apply.

threadly reminder communism etc.

Literally the only thing Austria has over Prussia.

Wew

It has another thing going for it actually.
Germans live in it

>pontos
t. Alex Garand

>Okay, but what should the general ratio be? 1:1 for inf:art, and 4-10 cavalry?
The job of the infantry is to die, so you want more infantry than artillery.

If you have to have a general ratio, I'd say 1.5:1 inf:art or 1.25:1 For the armies as they enter combat.

You can have much more infantry as part of your standing army though.
I tend to train up to forcelimits while I'm capping manpower as to not waste it in case I'm not warring. So basically banking your manpower.

Brazil go and stay go

do i always have to post some picture so you niggers respond?

>Prussian-formed Germany stole the theme for their own national anthem

Sorry, but Austria really was pathetic, until they lost their empire and had to come to terms with being as irrelevant as Czechia.

>germanized slavs
>german

Is it illegal for them to join Germany democratically or do they just not want to?

But that's literally what a german is.

this general is truly pathetic, /twg/ and /mbg/ are the only historyfag generals of any quality

t. hammer and anvil pro
t. butter pro

>come to terms with being as irrelevant as Czechia.
More, actually.

Last time that happened didn't work out so well, and Austria does have their own history and identity.

Borders don't always have to follow languages.

t. Harlaus

Which one lads :^)

>Austria does have their own history and identity
Like Bavaria

And you have some separatist movements in Bavaria, not all that influential, but if the country wasn't integrated into Germany since the 19th century, they could be an irrelevant Austria-tier country too.

Germany is a social construct. [spoiler[like all countries[/spoiler]

army

Republic is the only way my dude

Reminder that Austria still exists as a sovereign country whereas Prussia was gently caressed by Stalin

Half of k_prussia, and most of her people, lived on into modern Germany.

All Stalin did was return rightfully Balto-Slav land to its proper owners.

>playing NWO mod
>Poland is 100% Polish

I bet people get banned at paradox forums for suggesting that isn't right.

It's culture not ethnicity

>play HPM
>not a single Pole assimilates into German for 100 years
Fuck sake, its Poles not Jews.

>the Germans left behind in Poland assimilated near-instantly

It's true
This is the final redpill

ethnicity is derived from culture

Sort of?

Some one can be ethnically Abyssinian and culturally German and vice versa.

Well it takes longer for bones but soft tissue starts to assimilate in a month or so.

Wrong.
Nigger can only be a nigger.

>pakistan
WE WUZ YUROPOORS N SHIIIIET

Wow what a fantastic post

really good content

From my heart to your mind user.

It actually starts with a shitload of Germans, there's a decision for the Soviet Union to expel them along with the ones of Kaliningrad or something like that.

That's only because of your preconceived notions. One hundred years from now there won't be anything odd about a black german, the same way we do not question the ethnicity of bulgars or turks, who are both caucasians yet are called after mongoloid people.

>One hundred years from now there won't be anything odd about a black german
How come there are African American in USA then?
>bulgars and turks
Protip - theyre not blacks.

African Americans exist as a distinct cultural group in the United States for a few unique reasons, whereas in places like Canada, long term families from other ethnicities have integrated pretty fully, such as many older-stock Asian in Vancouver.

t. bluepill PRO

not based

>have integrated pretty fully

> long term families from other ethnicities have integrated pretty fully
youtube.com/watch?v=m0v8CkbsC5w
Indeed they did. I really cannot tell them apart from other Canadians.

>Holocaust
good goy

>Random SE Asian OPM
>"allied with Makassar, Persia, Mecklenburg and Danish Mexico"

>What is reading comprehension

Note that I specified older families. Obviously the huge boom of Chinese immigrants in the last while haven't, but even many second generation immigrants (notably youths) are essentially culturally indistinguishable from Anglo-Canadians.

youtube.com/watch?v=nxbV3RsyQwI

>but even many second generation immigrants (notably youths) are essentially culturally indistinguishable from Anglo-Canadians.

How can there not be anything odd about a black German when black Germans don't exist?

>that Finland

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

What's the best non-Islamic West African country to blob with?

Do you think adding events/decisions to add the various Niger Delta cultures as accepted for states of the other cultures would be beyond the realm of plausibility?

Some nation building seems plausible to me, if they had a self-consciously Westernizing government.

Damn you common blob you stole prussian land from prussia. Does supporting rebels/other espionage stuff help them rebel to automatically come right back?

> essentially culturally indistinguishable from Anglo-Canadians
SHIEEEET

>it's a "Britain wastes a diplomatic relation maintaining an alliance with a native tribe right next to your colony for nearly 300 years" playthrough

Hong Tianguifu. You must allow your dynasty to truly establish Tianxia - all must be under heaven.

Afro-americans exist as a distinct cultural group because USA, instead of fully embracing them as citizens, sending them back to africa, or outright genociding them, has chosen the worst option: social ostracization which in turn created an ethnic identity based around resentment towards the dominant ethnic group.
neither did caucasian turks, yet here we are

Historically accurate

The anglo will go through great lengths to annoy you.

t. seven years war pro

>neither did caucasian turks
>after 400 years of Balkan mingling

No matter how many centuries pass black person will remain black.