1st time poster on Veeky Forums

Is it possible to have a crazy engine under the hood of a crappy car body like for example a honda civic and do crazy shit like in initial-d?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QwomLgwYi4
youtube.com/watch?v=vjE-wHsjZ_E
youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1129330793.htm
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1131317505.htm
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1125239413.htm
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1133014293.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=G3KU0_5UrD4
youtube.com/watch?v=WGljFQUWLzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ff

What is 'ff'?

Kys

the fuck that doesnt even make sense

I love weaboos

No OP, that's only possible in chinese cartoons

cool vibrations

I can see your future.

I want to know a serious answer, Im actually interested in cars for the first time thinking about this, imagine everyone thinking your car is a pile of dogshit and then >you push the turbo

sounds like a fuckin meme but im serious, also costs would be appreciated too.

p.s do engines work like graphic cards? >branding just bumps up price not actual quality of engine itself

fuck off /v/

>p.s do engines work like graphic cards?

No.

lol, turbos don't work from a button push
and there is no point in having a very powerful engine in a front wheel drive car like the civic, look at rear wheel drive cars for mad engine swaps.

I'm guessing you don't have a car yet. If you're looking into mad engine swaps, don't look into civics. Are in the US or are you a euro?

>Is it possible to have a crazy engine under the hood of a crappy car body
Yes

See
>The Farm Truck

how old are you ?
just ask your dad about it
did you ever drove a car ?

Short answer: Yes.

Slightly longer answer: Yes, but how easy it is depends on the car and the engine. Some you can swap with minimal modification, other combinations may take some serious custom work.

Not from /v/

How does the actual turbo meme work? In movies they open a valve or something which connects to something else and then they go faster. How does it actually work in real life?

Yeah I dont have an actual car yet
>Dont look into civics.
Is there any recommendations for shitty looking cars that you can change engines with
>US/Euro
Im from oceania (newzealand)

parents are asian
I haven't driven a car but obviously its easy

Can you show me some stuff people have done maybe? youtube videos or anything of the sort, this looks really fun

will do

Yes, even with a crappy gazoil 65 hp clio

youtube.com/watch?v=0QwomLgwYi4

Ok it was rainy..

Yes if you do it right

What happens if you do it wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=vjE-wHsjZ_E

>civics are shitty looking cars
Man you're seriously asking to get blown the fuck up
You literally are from /v/, fuck off

He's right. CRX or bust.

If you're legitimately interested in the mechanics of how it's done, watch this series:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s

He's right though, civics are dogshit.

I think you may be mixing up nitrous oxide with turbo. They push buttons in movies to launch NOS

Its a Civic kid
Uh huh. Dont you have a bus you need to ride

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1129330793.htm

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1131317505.htm

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1125239413.htm

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1133014293.htm

You know what you must do.

>I haven't driven a car but obviously its easy
>Wants first car to be a sleeper

Op, you literally might kill yourself.

Yeah, but a bretty cool civic to be fair.
Shitposts aside, Civics are good for A to B, and the odd hoon. Most, anyway.

Yes but it costs nearly as much as a car that's not shit once you've swapped the engine and transmission in and upgraded the suspension, plus all the wiring and mounting that entails if it's not a bolt-on swap (as good swaps rarely are).

Saying "ff" or "fwd" while being disdainful is 'i know nothing about cars: the meme'

They think FWD can only understeer and is guaranteed to get wheel hop any time it accelerates through a corner

he probably hasn't even driven a manual
he has no idea how much this will cost

No you piece of shit you're fucking wrong. Civics are fantastic daily drivers and they're great for when you want to do some aggressive driving to take off stress of getting ass pounded in life. They're so fucking light you can swap out your tires/wheels and go to the track and just fucking GO.
IDIOT!
They're FUN daily drivers you dipshit moron. You're so fucking wrong

Pretty much. He's that guy that buys an AE86 and then promptly crashes it trying to drift.

You best be trolling.

>you push the turbo
the fuck?

lol, im from Veeky Forums Veeky Forums /a/ /pol/ Veeky Forums
why are you so obsessed with /v/?

Technical stuff aside, would "I" have to actually make the modifications and stuff myself? Like get a weilder, a hammer etc and learn how to install this stuff? Seems really hard and don't have enough time

Whats wrong with that?
"Sleepers" seem fucking cool

How much would it cost roughly?

Like the other user pointed out, I was thinking about NO gas thing for a boost, but what is 'turbo' then?

But scramble boost

You don't have to make it yourself but it'd be even more expensive

ok serious answer since everyone else is being a fucking cunt.

they're called sleepers mate, google them. they exist, they're a tuff fucking thing, but you're gonna need a lot of money to do an engine swap.

and unlike computers, brand name really matters. ebay parts are shit, you want quality parts from trusted names.

tl:dr google sleepers and have fun

How much is "expensive"? Obviously Im not going to try put the engine of a ferrari in it or something but something that can replicate the initial-d type scenario

Listen, a civic is a fun DD that you can mess around with and have a fantastic time . Just don't put any fart cans or rice. You can drive aggressive on deserted back roads or take it to a track and do decent. Accept it and move on asshole.

>Whats wrong with that?
>"Sleepers" seem fucking cool

Attempting to drive/race a high-powered car when you are new to driving is a bad idea. Sleepers can be great but not in the hands of an inexperienced driver. Like I said before you are either going to total your car or kill yourself.

Lol, you've never driven an actually fun car. Feel sorry for u

$40000 minimum

Have a (you).

Holy fuck. You are one triggered Hondafag.

>would "I" have to actually make the modifications and stuff myself?
It depends on the swap and the car. Combinations that are popular you can buy everything you need off the shelf, and some manufacturers make things interchangeable enough that there's not as much work to do to begin with.

Go google K-swaps. Honda is your best option because everyone and their mother already does what you're looking to do, and there are tons of parts to do it. And it's not expensive either.

>branding just bumps up price not actual quality of engine itself

This is true, For example, the Corvette Z06 engine is unreliable and overheats all the time for no good reason. Its competitor, the GTR, has a much better engine.

Here we fucking go again, brace for spreadsheet spam

He isn't wrong

Boogity Boogity Boogity!!! Let's Go BenchRacin' Boys!!!!

how stupid are you to not realize what hes doing

Just watched youtube.com/watch?v=G3KU0_5UrD4

1:37 & 4:13

HOLY SHIT YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT THIS RIGHT HERE

I think I found a hobby thats actually fun in life

holy shit is this a lower or upper bound? thats fucked, is this a hobby for millionaires or something

Lesson learned, OP. Lurk on Veeky Forums for a long time before posting here

>assmad GM fangirl detected

>You're only mad because you know it's true

Better version

OP, again I implore you to learn more about driving and cars in general before you attempt to build a car like this. If you have never driven a car before you should not be hooning around in something that puts out 600hp. It's just not a good idea.

>corvette
roflmao

Literally cannot compete

KEK! GM BTFO!

Not nearly as hard as the corvette's engine

Lesson learned, OP: Never buy GM products. This knowledge will take you far as you learn more about cars.

This kills the man

roflmao

Veeky Forums sucks

Even /r/cars has better discussions

Don't come here

Lel

OP here, is GM really that bad? It sounds like they make shoddy cars that try to compete on price alone, sorta like AMD.

gm is such garbage

Yes

Yes and no. All of the shit you are seeing now is just Alphonse shitposting before he has to go back to school. To make a long story short; every car has its problems, but some GM's cars tend to have a lot more.

No, ignore Alphonse and his disciples

Veeky Forums has the most obnoxious and persistent shitposters of any board.

>assmad GM fangirl detected

I'm a Ferd guy

Ignore

>alphonse
pls dont mention that bustas name around me

Who's Alphonse?

Someone who causes immense anal damage to gm fans

An underage fag who shitposts about various car related things including but not limited to: The GT-R, the Ford EcoBoost engine, and front-wheel drive.

Don't forget Corey

Ignore these posters. They're liars.

Will do, I have a good natural feel for things anyway I guess theres a reason to actually get my restricted licence now

If you see meme-looking posts with the following red flags:
>Nissan GT-R
>Corvette
>Ecoboost (Ford engine design)
>FWD (front wheel drive)
>Umaru
>KEK
>BTFO
>______ cucks on suicide watch

Ignore the posts and find a new thread. Don't report them, because our mods are shitposters too. Assuming we have mods at least.

Oh, and pictures of smug anime girls/laughing 3DPD girls

>I have a good natural feel for things anyway

Good, just develop that further and do some research. Lurk on Veeky Forums but remember that Veeky Forums is 100% autistic. Good luck.

>Oh, and pictures of smug anime girls

Assblasted gm fangirls

Holy, calm down man, if you asctually got a proper job, you could get something better than a shitvic and not be mad about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WGljFQUWLzw

>Posting anime on Veeky Forums

Fuck off faggot. I'm faster in my Civic than you in anything you can get your cock-mongling hands on. I can set a better lap than you in your own car. Even your route 69 bus, headed to no-car-land.

you're not faster than me though.
Unless your civic is rwd/awd converted and has at least 400hp

You realize that was the joke right? Did you actually read the post?

>not

>do engines work like graphic cards? >branding just bumps up price not actual quality of engine itself

But it does matter, EVGA makes the best cards and you can't prove otherwise.

> EVGA makes the best cards and you can't prove otherwise.
You mean MSI.