Mods are sleeping.... post aircraft.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V2D3k0sJ8HM
youtube.com/watch?v=mKP8xPTw_X8
youtube.com/watch?v=XM9cXN5Bsng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>spend 4 years trying to become a commercial pilot
>get my PPL and multi rating
>almost get my commercial license but have medical issues prior to the test, gets delayed by several months
>think about how much money I'm spending, how poorly I'm getting along with my peers, how unfit I am to be in such a position of responsibility, how much my passion has waned
>give up

At least it got me into the Air Force as an aircraft tech quicker, but I'm still regretful of all that wasted money and energy. Might pick it up again later now that I'm less autistic and incompetent.

Pic related is from my flight in the Rockies

what did you want to do?

I hate the FAA

I will be retiring from the military, and flying, in approximately 24 months. My professional background is in communications (network switching systems), safety (OSHA/FAA) and aviation (2,000+ rotary turbine hours), but I want nothing to do with any of the three.

Is the pilot profession that terrible?

>Mods are sleeping
>mod(s)

You mean our one "mod" who occasionally leans over to delete a thread whilst reaching for his cheetos?

>want to be a pilot
>tfw colour blind

I was very introverted and slightly autistic (obviously, I post here) and I found other pilots to be ultra-normalfags. I was unable to make friends with them, and didn't want to bore them in the cockpit. Being a pilot is obviously better if you're a cool, successful dude.

Though it can be terrible even if you have the right personality, ability, and attitude to be a pilot. You'll pay a lot of money to train, and get paid very little for the first decade (or so) of your career.

Boy you broke one of the rules. Bouta get banned

>you will never fly a combat sortie

>what really happened with the SDI program

>tfw no more sr-71 program
y liv tho

My toy

>tfw you do a VFR approach

We all do it for shits and giggles because fuck ILS that's why

>Brazilian engineering

heights and flying scare me too much

>Fautec just kicked in, bro

you know what i feel like dumping a bit.

[muffled sounds of burning nips in the distance]

well over thirty second wait times. fun.

turns out my other plane pics are on my other hard drive. have a motorcycle chariot instead. also end mini dump.

wakarimasen lol

You guys know what this is? Seen leaving Moffett

v22 osprey?

What is V-22 Osprey for $500

cool thanks. i thought it might've been something secret

If it was really something secret..... you wouldn't be alive.....

>you'll never uncrate a p-47
why even live

youtu.be/V2D3k0sJ8HM

I actually like the flying dynamics of the aircraft, the engines could use a bit of more power though, but that's me just bitching about something that I personally want to see in the next gen 170 series.

The yoke is rather awkward, but you get used to it, it is actually pretty nice after a while, but I prefer the 737 style yoke though.

The times I've gotten delayed due to an electrical gremlin is just beyond belief.

Helicopter at the hospital I work at

>tfw getting my A&P next year
>tfw commercial airline jobs are life suckers

All those techs look miserable. Those graveyard shifts take a fucking toll on these guys.

This thread has been up for nearly 5 hours as of this posting.

Proof that Veeky Forums mods are shit.

Maybe he is into planes also?

Look at this fuckin' qt

youtube.com/watch?v=mKP8xPTw_X8

Maybe he just knows that planes are mildly relevant.

>Veeky Forums
>mods

Also this thread has the least shitposts of any Veeky Forums thread in the catalog.

>tfw you will never fly half way around the world to drop a single WW2 era bomb on some argentinians

OP IS SLEEPING

POST TANKS INSTEAD

Eh. I'm a pilot and if you're not a total neckbeard other pilots are fine. I've watched anime with my peers. If you can hold a conversation about cars without using the word "niggrr" you can socialize with normies.

That said the job can suck in several important ways. Mostly the cost of entry is high and the pay is shit and the first jobs are all horribly boring.

Ifor anyone is serious about flying, you absolutely should try to get a military flying job. There's a lot of Bullshit attached to the military in general but no one else will pay you to fly shit that's so far above what you could dream of affording while your a student and a danger to yourself and others.

Christ I'm a fucking intj introvert but making friend or faking being social isn't that hard.
You're just an idiot.

tell that to Snowden

>Merlin engined B-17

Sexy. Didn't know that was a thing.

One of my goals is to make a hobby of building down scaled warbirds as ultralights

Imagine loading up with paintballs and getting into real dogfights

doesn't Veeky Forums sometimes have "ITT You live in the star wars universe" or something sometimes?

>BRRRRRRRT

>tfw will never own or even be able to fly a Be-210

>Mods are sleeping
irrelevant
planes are Veeky Forums

>tfw the f-15 is going away

bell-boeing marinekiller 9000

Delta is sexy.

p47 is fat

Here we see the majestic Osprey sunning itself on a rock as it digests its latest Marine victims.

Osprey has a far better record than say, a blackhawk.

Yeah, the gripen isn't half bad.But the Rafale is the best.

I know /k/ does

sea planes > all else

ekranoplans are also Veeky Forums

Go MRO/corporate if you can. Much better, and corporate opens up a lot of cushy private company potential

thank you for the keks

Anybody else into bigass helicopters?

Absolutely. If I had tons of money laying around, learning to fly helicopters would be my first move.

Can I swap a 5.7L Lycoming Flat-4 into a car?

Can I swap a 46L Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp into a car?

Can I swap a 127L XR-7755 into a car?

Fuck it, let's throw a GE90 in there.

IF you were 17 and wanted to be a pilot what branch would you join. What if your asvab score was a 87 what would you recommend to yourself? Hypothetically of course

>tfw no comfy honda jet

youtube.com/watch?v=XM9cXN5Bsng