pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-J7q_52BAog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder this is the savior of anime.

>all characters have the same health
not intrinsically good.

youtube.com/watch?v=-J7q_52BAog

How come no game in 2016 comes even close to being as good as Samurai Showdown?

absolutely intrisically good

there is no justifiable reason to balance a character around health

SFV has guts you retard.

Who would you main in a Nutshack fighting game

Did you even read the picture

So is Urien any good?
Is there a particular advantage/disadvantage to depleting from the border of the screen as opposed to depleting from the middle?

in skullgirls, if you have the health lead, you get a leader tag above your health bars

>work production, come in at the same time, leave 8-16 hours later
>generally don't work weekends but some dumbass fucked up a machine so day off got taken away
>have a tournament on original day off
>no attendance points to spare
>ask for vacation but let it slip where I was actually going
>boss laughs it off

On a scale from 1 to take your black ass to work, how fucked am I?

best health bar with the bit at the end that tells you who has more health

read the image retard

sf5's health scaling is stupid, but its universal and not an extreme percentage of the damage

xrds is fucking moronic because of how severe it is and how inconsistent it is between characters

i dont know any game that has health bar depletions from the inside out

the reason outside to in makes more sense is that you'll be able to see both characters health ideally from the central focal point of the round timer

Kill yourself you illiterate cunt

Too much fundamentals.

Is it too late to learn this game?

Take your black ass to work and be thankful your job isn't being made obsolete by automation

Now tell SNK to put 14 on PC or I won't play it

sniffhime is better

This information layout honestly feels way to busy for me.
You could get rid of half this shit and make the actual fighting on screen more easy to follow.

My job is actually safe from automation. I babysit the machines that do all the work. That and I do alot of cleaning and whatnot

Pure fundamentals and spacing is too hard for 09ers and up

god fucking damn it, I never knew that there was an indicator to show which player has more health.

Why does Yuri look bad in XIV

>tfw my brother's a truck driver
He's going to have to find a new career in 5 years. Self-driving cares are coming and there is no stopping them.

Trying to pick my KOF team. I know I want to play Mature and Love Heart, but I can't decide on an anchor. I was thinking robert or andy but I don't know a lot about who the strong anchors are in this game. I don't want a super complex or execution heavy character, any advice?

>there is no justifiable reason to balance a character around health

Why not?

what fighting game character are those?????

because the thing that decides if a character is strong or not is their toolset alone

giving a character with shit tools lots of health never makes them not shit

giving a character great tools with shit health never makes them not great

Zenia, Elsa and I honestly can't tell who the other one is unless it's supposed to be Scharl with her hair down

Why exactly did they do health bars like that where it seems like you do a lot at toe start but then do less right when they're about to lose?

Is the way BlayzBloo does it okay?

I would think they are a long way off because they actually do the speed limit and people crash into them expecting them to go 5 over. I'm also leery on how they handle winter conditions

>pre-order sfv
>get ryu costume

>pre-order bbcf
>get demo

Hello???

Artificial hype

really makes you think

can't wait for six stars!!!!!!

#riseup

dumb weaboo, a demo is only temporary, a skin is forever, stop playing dead kusoge

Does anyone want to play a fighting game

>Game has consistently shitty balance
>all characters having the same amount of health is the right way to do it
>Health bars even mattering in KOF when people are just going to kill you in one combo anyways

Man that is one really stupid opinion.

How is it in Beybladebloose?

It's like why give mages low heath? Give them as much HP as warriors, but make their spells shittier.

Want to play me in Dota 2 mid only?

i could type up a hbr post but im playing pokemon.
the main reason for guts being higher in xrd is so players will have another reason to do supers.
guts kicks in at 50% health and scales at every 10% after. supers can skip scaling steps and blitz supers fart through it entirely.
every character has 420 health and characters are grouped into different defense tiers for balance reasons.

visually for the bar, a small tick starting at 50% and 60% and so on would be ideal.
kof lifebars look way too cheap imo

I award this post 4 and a half derps out of 5

Stop posting this gif.I don't want to rewatch it yet again.

play smash 4

>because i said so

Just learn three characters

>have another reason to do supers
Well that clearly didn't work

How's the input lag on the Hori RAP V?

No but thanks for asking

I don't want to beat my gf (elphelt)

Characters have different health values but they're not drastically different. In fact they increased the health of characters on the lower end in Central Fiction.

>want to play Revelator
>anime locals that used to meet on Friday stopped
>no Revelator on PC
>mfw
Why can't they just release it for PC already

sure what do you want to play?

>Want to play USF4
>it's dead
>want to play AC+R
>it's dead

I hate 2016

Health is a resource meant to be weighed against risk taking, having a higher amount of total health is a core concept for traditional grapplers who have high damage potential but really have to work for openings. Making everyone have the same amount of health would remove depth to how certain characters are played and homogenize the cast.

Although I agree that the visual scaling on health bars is annoying.

You make me post the list every time and never even reply

Xrd only sold 60k on PC despite being a very solid port priced at $20.

?

Anyone else grab a copy of Definitive Edition out there today?

New platinum Gargos comes with your gold skin

you're completely missing the point of my argument

i know this shouldnt need to be said explicitly but in case its not obvious: HEALTH BARS SHOULD SHOW YOUR CURRENT HEALTH AND GIVE YOU A GOOD IDEA OF HOW MANY MORE HITS YOU CAN TAKE BEFORE YOU RUN OUT OF HEALTH

lets say for example that every character in revelator is changed so that they have a fixed amount of health equivalent to the amount they get over the course of their life including guts and defence modifiers

>but super ignore guts

thats fine, thats completely besides the point, combos have damage scaling, you could easily implement the exact same thing by just having the supers ignore some degree of DAMAGE scaling rather than HEALTH scaling

That's the point, it's called a meme you dipshit.

>Mr.Karate juggling someone for a minute
>Look how great this health bar is. It is so easy to follow this ToD combo. Thanks SNK.

I think the maximum life should be for example 100 and character's who have less also have smaller bar in proportion to the amount, instead of the life going quicker.

no i will this time, just suggest some games, i'm fine with most games

>mr karate has long touch of death combos therefore an easily readable and consistent health bar is stupid

did you hit your head?

CAN SOMEONE POST THAT WEBM OF MAKOTO DOING A TOD COMBO ON A YANG FROM 3S PLEASE

Ok see me in PC xrd

no.
next?

That would make the UI ugly though for most of the cast since the Big McLargehuge character would be the 100% that everyone scales from.

k set up the lobby

>since the Big McLargehuge character would be the 100% that everyone scales from
So what's the problem exactly?

The health bar being readable means nothing if the characters kill you in one combo you moron.

GG's health system is the way it is for different balance reasons involved in the game, and it isn't that hard to read. Pro-tip if there health is above 0 then you want to keep doing damage.

I missed the WSO session with Urien is it worth watching?

>sfv
no lol

>EU players

No

you know you're famished for fg discussion when you start arguing about health bars. ne1 wanna play fightcade kusoji

I don't have time to read poorly made mspaint charts when I am playing fighting games.

this meme is really starting to get so very fucking annoying its not even funny anymore and my patience has been worn thin with you anime faggots coming to my general and shitting on my games fuck you

sure what do you want to play?

brick? i thoguht we were gonna play xrd

>delay:5f

your reaction is what makes it funny to other people
if you can't put yourself in other people's shoes, you autism, sorry

Invite me I have steam open

>my general

Haha, face it, fag, SFV can't sustain a general by itself. Without shitposting from both sides, /fgg/ wouldn't last a half a day.

i'm down for w/e

no you invite me please

Just play blazblue you sperg

make your own general then lmao
everyone doesn't have to like your latest capcom turd

>Clarice
>Chubby

not sure if want...

Play HnK like a real man

Chubby anime girls are a miracle, what the fuck is wrong with you.

>brick proceeds to wonder why nobody plays with him

brick? are we gonna play?

does this guy usually take this long to make a lobby wtf?

brick I already fucking told you internet has less to do with proximity and more to do with disparity between the two people's connection speeds. if both people have good internet, it will be good. it is this simple

you and your rollback fetish. you know teleporting's gay, right?

>/fgg/ - Job Blogs
Get the fuck out or play fighting games.

idk i see what you're saying, but also keep in mind guts is another way to try to make rounds longer, and also a comeback mechanic. (that can be circumvented by supers)
even if the lifebars showed you the exact health like with pot's bar being fuckhuge and chipps being nothing, there's still no good way to reward the late match super use unless you do it like it is now.

Dick/Dickman