/scg/edg/ Citizen Dangerous: Elite Star General #55 supposedly (I don't believe it)

Cancer Edition
Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=soR5XR5Sybc

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSXcdvd-ME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no Bannerlord
>tfw no Sc

xth for falseflag hate attempt when I enjoy our /scg/ comfy threadbuddies

Post best ship!

but its not a drake

You could do the same job with a bunch of light cruises and cheaper too

>live on desert planet
>do your dead level best to farm, fix up shit for people in nearby town
>fight off player land pirates on dragonflys with your space rifle

I'm OP and I'm actually a /scultist/ but I feel like we've been dominating the thread recently, and we usually have the op pic. I just thought it was funny.

>doing bounty hunting in RES
>find a small imperial eagle quickly with my Vulture
>he wants to take my shit
>notices i don't have anything and fly away
>i scan him with kill warrant
>he's wanted
>shoot him ded
>police arrive
>nothing really happens
>federal gunship comes from the other side
>start scanning it
>get fucking MURDERED by the police
>don't understand
>look through what happened later
>i had a dormant 160 credit bounty for when i accidentally scraped one of them with my multicannon while shooting bounties
>WHICH ALSO RESULTED IN THEM KILLING ME
fuck bounty hunting, this is bullshit

what is this neutron star boost everyone is going on about in e:d? haven;t played in literally over a year.

Xth for if it smells like bait it is bait; Don't reply to it.

I want this meme to stop but it's the only thing keeping these threads alive

they really need to do something about this.

The cops should only aggro to you after a certain damage threshold is reached.

It's even worse when this happens to you in a CZ

>best ship

Best shipfu coming through

Fear is what this one is for
real fighting is for support vessels

even fucking rogue squadron on the n64 would give you a few "hey, watch it!" warnings before they'd turn on you, this is such a basic feature.

I was looking at a video of Terra assets and there's docks down by the water.

You guys think we'll get boats or space ship boats ala the Bebop in SC?

I liked the old clear canopy, dirty police stencil Avenger better.

My GOD, we had this debate with Nemo and Helios, its just stupid senpai.

If you two left your parents basement you'd realise cops don't take kindly to damaging their shit. But I dare you to prove me wrong.

what do you guys think about women in space? Should they be allowed to fly space-ships?

Since we're getting oceans on procedural planets then we should expect small!l boating craft for aqua exploration. I don't think rovers are amphibious.

Post future boats

>Cop accidentally bumps the other cop during a heated foot chase
>bumped cop pulls his gun out and murders his partner in cold blood for going rogue

Yeah dude just like real life

Stop just stop your inventing shit that
Will never be

Best.

Didn't give me time to jump away or anything, literally saw the notice and then instantly got murdered.
Why does a dormant bounty even do anything? They killed me once already and I can't pay it off.

sounds like a bug to me desu senpai, baka

>all pips to WEP

asking for it

Doesn't really matter, the shields went out like toilet paper anyway.
Also I hadn't started shooting.

>the shields went out like toilet paper anyway.
having no pips to SYS is why your shields went out like toilet paper

I had that happen in my fuckengineered corvette against 2 condas even

>doesn't really matter

Shows how much you know. All pips in shield is like a 300% increase in strength. That + being fucking awake and popping an SCB while boosting and highwaking out would probably have saved you. At least given you a chance.

Someone told me having pips to shields only changed how fast they recharged.

Dream with me.

shields regen as fixed rate. 1MJ/s for standard, 1.8MJ/s for bi-weave.

pips to shields increase shield reistances and decreases enemy weapon effectiveness. With 4 pips to shields you have 200% effective shields increase

So it's the other way around?
Fuck, I've been doing it wrong all the time

no you couldn't, a star "destroyer" is more like a carrier/battleship hybrid, entirely self sufficient power projection apparatus

it could probably be smaller in exchange for firepower or fighter complement, but that's it

>main reactor: somewhere in the 18 decks covered by this circle
well that is helpful.

no that's how big it is minimum, it sticks out partway at the bottom, which is the dome you see

Member when Star Citizen was supposed to be about flying around space-ships shooting pirates and looking at stars instead of Chris Robert's personal jerk-off pipe-dream?

Inb4 that shitposter user who says "looks like shit" at everything that gets posted which isn't made by CIG.

looks like shit

It still is. Ironically at the moment that is all you can do.

>pipe-dream
what?

mercedes? its probably gonna rust, even in space

yeah. And not even that feels good.

Movement = clunky

Space combat = shit and boring

Exploration = lol

3.0 my nigga. Did you see the new fps movement? It's still an alpha but it's getting there.

a pipe-dream is something that isn't real as opposed to the pipe I laid in your mom lol

>star citizen already looks realer than real life

whoa...

This really doesn't look nice. The avenger colour scheme doesn't work. The shape of the stick and throttle are weird, the thumb switches look gimmicky and that display panel probably won't even have fidelity on it, it's likely to just be some LED number display or whatever.

really it was his dream game from the beginning and even a lot of the early stretch goals are things that people are complaining about now like they just decided to do it that way

There's a reason we haven't heard of it since then.

>best ship!

>people are able to jump 250 LY by supercharging at neutron stars
>FD says the boost is an accident and it should only be 25%

Fucking lol. They add an actual good feature to the game that would make Jacques much more usable and it by mistake.

>being casual

now I understand, thanks user

stop pretending that 3.0 is a finished game

It isn't a finished game but it's gonna add some crazy new stuff.

copying the movement code from crysis isn't a feature

Wanting to take less than 10 hours to get somewhere isnt casual.

I'm a glass is half full kinda guy.

>cherrypicking one face that's already been redone

Yeah but I got more (you)s than you did.

fast travel is a casual feature

>colonize planet
>build medieval player society with knights and castles

Man we better be able to use swords and fists.

I dont think you know what "fast travel" means.

>already been redone
Can you give me a source for that, dude?

lord I hope logitech buying saitek means they'll kill that shitty spring and cup centering set up.

So I'm looking to splurge hard since I got a pretty nice raise. I like Elite, I find it relaxing, and as such I'm looking for a good HOTAS and also a VR headset to accompany it.
So Vive or Oculus, and what spacestick is good?
Price is not an issue.

>Vive or Oculus
If you're going to get an Oculus, get EVE Valkyrie too. Also have a look at CDF Starfighter. Also Descent: Underground has VR.

they've shown more recent reworks of the face, but I can't recall where I saw them, so I won't be able to provide I'm afraid.

They put out so much information on what they're doing that it's pretty hard to remember a certain source. It was probably in an Around the Verse episode around the time of that particular trailer.

OK, I deleted my beowulf pic anyway. It's not entirely fair on them for comparing them to a dedicated uncanny valley movie. I believe you that they've reworked the mo-cap stuff.

>even considering the Zogulus
if money isn't an issue get the Vive, it's much better hardware, has better and more open supporting software and it's not owned by corporate masters pushing fucking hardware DRM.

Only reason I was split was that I heard the Vive has issues in Elite, looking blurry and shit.

Either buy the new thrustmaster hotas or get a CH throttle and CH combat/fighter stick. Avoid both Thrustermaster's and CH's pedals though.

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf

Get on my fuckin level

star wars was a mistake

One of the ugliest ship.

There is literally nothing inherently wrong with Star Wars, as long as you accept it's a popcorn flick and nothing more. Star Wars fanboys are definitely awful, though.

Don't forget Hollywood Accounting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

I assumed you were providing a source on Oldman face, but I see no such thing in there.

Why not try providing a source to the Gary Oldman face being re-worked? That was the point of my asking for source; he claimed the image was cherry-picked because it was re-worked.

Meh, fucking thing looks like the Avenger.

>make an Anvil Avenger design
>decide to change the manufacturer to Anvil officially
>scrap the design and do something else

>just turn your brain off lmao

The Jump Point he linked says this:
>Let’s talk a bit about Morrow Tour! Remember how I mentioned getting a pipeline developed for having a few people implement hundreds of heads? Well, that was really the test of the pipeline in its earliest stage. The characters in Morrow Tour were raw deliveries (that were never considered finished by any stretch) .
>NO character in S42 will end up looking like those did, since all the characters have already had much more time spent on them to work out the last 20%.
I guess the assumption is that this also applies to Bishop. It would make sense considering how much better Miles Eckhart looked

>Morrow Tour!
I guess since I don't even know what this is, it's why I missed what you are talking about.

I actually thought that the Bishop speech was 100% legit finished cutscene to be used in the game and for marketing.

They pretty much said that Bishop was still WIP right after they revealed the trailer.

>Didn't read page 51

You guys literally retarded or some shit? They go over that they have like 3 tiers of facial models with each one being more improved then the last. The Bishop speech used a Tier 0 model, the latest Tier 3 model has been vastly improved and if I'm not mistaken they say that Bishop is now a tier 2 or 3 model now.

Try reading before shit posting as much, faggots.

Pic related, its the inside of your recently blasted anus.

That statement applies to every single space movie ever created, save possibly 2001:ASE. So yeah, relax, you fag.

they fucked up by talking up Bishop so much and saying that trailer was their standard maker for quality, without really being clear it wasn't finished. I recall them really hyping up that Bishop was gonna be their gold standard, and then they showed that mess. doesn't help that Oldman is apparently a chinless uggo these days, and import to cryengine probably did him no favours in that regard; they always seem to come out just a little funny with features that are not quite 100% accurate.

Wew. It looks like best ship.

>link 64 page document without any context
>you retarded? you didn't even read page 51, paragraph 3, subclause 2.a, which tangentially refers to the topic of this conversation

>almost everything is dogshit so you shouldn't point that out and you should watch shit without complaining
classic /utg/ post

imo, Mark Hamil looked better.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSXcdvd-ME

Hamill is definitely top tier. Rhys Davies looks pretty good too, can't wait to see more of him being a rusty old codger.