Hey auto

Hey auto,
was wondering what the forum felt would be the better of the two.
2010 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe (Black ext & int)
or....
2001 Lexus RX300 (weird metallic gold color ext and beige int)

they're my parents cars and when they buy a new one in a year or so, I get to choose one.

I'm a full time student, no wife or serious gf.
I'm a fan of black cars but I'm worried that a small coupe and no turbo on the engine aren't going to satisfy my love of going fast. On the other hand the Lexus has a nice v6 noise and a turbo (isn't a speed demon tho)

i dunno, looking for genuine constructive feedback.

forgot to mention, both are automatic transmissions :( sorry

here's the lexus, these aren't the actual cars, just stock images.
i keep both cars immaculately clean tho

Pick the more valuable one, sell it, and buy what you want.

the roof on the honda comes really close to my head, and the driving position of the lexus is super awkward. The speedometer on the honda is impossible to see clearly because of how you sit and the position of the wheel.

ugh, these are my only two options for a car Veeky Forums

i wish, i knew someone was gonna say that. i really wish i could but my parents would kill me.

these are literally my only two options in the entire world

bump
genuinely interested in Veeky Forums's opinion between these two cars

I used to have an RX300. hands down one of the most satisfying cars to own and drive, I am considering buying another. ama

>i get to choose one
Parents really don't do their job nowadays. If I were them I'd stick you with the Lex

that exact Lexus model has a defective transmission needs changing every 50-80k

stick me with the lex because it's worse than the honda?

to the lexus owner, do you find you're able to keep a good distance between your body and the wheel? i like to have a lot of room for my knees, plus im paranoid of body position in the event of an accident

how do you sit in your car? up close to the wheel or further back?

also, do you find it a stable car in high winds? around corners?

it's interesting you say that, for awhile when i drove it the rpms were at 5000 for 75 mph when they normally should be at 3000
also noticed increased fuel consumption

but god a turbo v-6 sounds like sex

It drives just like a Camry because its the same platform. Imagine how a raised Camry would handle that's the RX300.

yeah. you sit in it like you sit in any suv. mostly upright but it depends on your body position. there's tons of room though

>do you find it stable in winds
yeah it was pretty stable at the limiter (112mph) which I used to hit quite often. it's a beefy car so wind doesn't make it its bitch

>corners
I mean it is a mom SUV, but it can hustle pretty well. not bad at all. pretty good brakes as well

that's not turbo'd... just a regular 3.0L V6.

thanks for the replies guys

i take it no one is really inspired by the honda, which i normally would not be except it's the perfect color scheme (black on black)
also it's a bit more grounded and nimble than the mom suv lexus

i dunno, the lexus has the better engine but the honda has better paint

the lexus isnt turbo'd? b-b-b-but overdrive? i checked on axle-geeks and wikipedia, they said it was turbo, plus you get a beautiful sound/acceleration when you hold your foot down

ah actually you're probably right, wikipedia doesn't mention it after all, so axlegeeks might be wrong

the engine does sound nice tho

ok guys, really leaning towards the civic

so....

most important thing...will people make fun of me for driving a civic? is it an "unmanly car"?

it's a 1MZ-FE, with VVT-i. It is front wheel drive, and had about 240hp. It'll scoot along with a 7.5-8s 0-60.

I'm all for the RX since I love the ES, which is the same thing except not bulbous. I'm unsure of the user who mentioned transmissions... it's just a 2001 camry 4-speed auto. it was in a lot of vehicles and I don't recall any issues with them and I didn't have any issues with mine, despite the fact my ES had 160k on it. I've seen them with 290k, so I'm really kinda skeptical of that claim.

also you mention overdrive. you didn't turn overdrive off ("O/D Off" light) while on the highway, did you? that prevents it from going into 4th gear like it should and it'll run higher RPMs on the highway.

mine was awd. shit was cash.

not it is not turbo. it's a n/a 3.0l V6

then get the civic. both are unmanly, but odds are people will make fun of you for being you more than whatever car you buy.

the upside is you can tell bitches you drive a lexus.

excellent points from everyone, thanks alot guys
great to know theres such a helpful board

always a plus when i can tell bitches i drive a lexus

You can change both the height og the wheel and the seat you know. I drive one and there's not such problem