Mods:
nexusmods.com/starbound/?

community.playstarbound.com/resources/

steamcommunity.com/app/211820/workshop/

QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Mod Guide:
(feel free to add mods there)

docs.google.com/document/d/1bogJqITtx6qLy0QAP-93Q4ndD8yWWsHDKZl7SZXlJzs/edit?usp=sharing

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Mod plans: ideaguying thread. Let's make Starbound great together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Last Thread: →

first for "I fucked up the previous thread link"

Fluffy wings.

I don't think it's got enough going on to sustain a general, man. I mean, it's a nice place to make sure you're up to speed with Cutebound and ACT, but... Pretty soon we're going to be the only guys playing it.

I remember a mod that adds platforms inside open hatches. I can't find it anymore, though.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and can point me to it?

wait, Cutebound is made by hdoomguy? Hdoomguy is in here RIGHT NOW?

I feel starstruck mayne

I see the point, but hell - there are certainly more pathetic generals on this board (though maybe not as much activity-wise).

Ah, it's mostly Barb's project - I'm the help, but I'm definitely invested in doing stuff for it.

I've really been meaning to try HDOOM but I've never really figured out how to make WADs work, or even get vanilla Doom to run on here, even though I know all it'd take is like, DOS-box or something similar. I'm too scared of fucking things up because it's all dark sorcery to me. It's why I don't fuck with the lua code in Starbound.And I know you probably made it idiot-proof, but I'm still worried I'll find SOME way of fucking up.

Is there a way to get another of an item I dont know the itemname of?

I have a mining laser from frackin universe but would like two, but can't spawn it because I dont know the name

Hey, at least we aren't dying like /dfg/. They're slowly dying because some normie fotm game is stealing part of their audience

Ah, just check the 'how to' button on my page, should have everything you need to run.

Well, to be fair, Dwarf Fort is fucking labyrinthine in its methods and operation. So some people who like the concept but aren't smart enough might like a watered down version, with graphics instead of ascii.
I'll give it a shot, as I liked what you were doing with it.
Was first exposed to it on /monster/, so you know why I checked it out.

What game?

please respond

I only float around /dfg/ once in a while, but I think it's Rimworld

Also known as this game right here

I can't seem to find it. Have you looked on Steam?

I have, but it doesn't seem to be there. I can't remember if I saw it on steam or on the forums.

I guess I'm going to look through it a second time

well fuck, I just found it. Turns out google can't find shit on the steam workshop, but the search bar on the steam workshop itself works flawlessly.

It's simply called Platform Hatches if anyone cares for it

Update of the poster conversion I showed last thread. Gonna be using this to replace that circlejerky 'Mole Man' 'in-joke' poster that is featured ingame.

So how are those projects coming?

If you're swapping out movie posters, there's always old Sci-Fi games you can use as well as the cheesy old movies with their giant mantises and stuff.

>tfw was about to start a project but the college quarter started back up and I have shit to do

Isn't that about prisons?

fuck if I know. my understanding is that it's a somewhat watered down dwarf fortress about building space colonies with normie-friendly graphics

>not posting poptops to keep threads alive
>still making more threads
I dont get you, guys.

I have sung the song of my people to the queen of poptops. Are you happy now?

Barb and I are taking care of some unfinished business leftover from the vanilla assets before starting on new races. He's doing new NPC portraits while I'm messing about with various other assets.

Well I'll bump. I've been a total autist and have been taking screens for a rp journal

Good, but the poptops should sing along as well.

did she not look good with the side of her head shaved?

She looked like a degenerate.

Nobody does.

nice

What do you guys got done so far in terms of NPCs? All I've seen so far is the ugly old dyke with the sword you remade into a qt and this one

>Keeping the degenerates in your hub city

Barb's taking care of doing the portraits one at a time. He did a Hylotl character too so far.

>That turd ghost monster
Hmm..Really causes my neural cells to depolarize by opening gated channels in the membrane and passively diffusing potassium ions out of the cytoplasm down its concentration gradient leading to a sequence of action potentials to stimulate in accord with long term potentiation pathways developed through the release of seratonin at key moments of sensory input. What were the dunderheads at chucklefuck thinking making that ugly thing.

Are there any mods out there that turn the assface ghost into something actually interesting?

I wouldn't know. Quit Starbound after 70 hours playing that laughable 'release'. I'm surprised people still play it and poor modders are wasting time making awesome ideas only for it to get shit on by a new patch. If it wasn't for qt florans I would have forgotten thie mess still exists.

Have a free nostalgic hump as I check to see if I am still b&.

My God, there's like a 3000% improvement.

It'd probably be more beneficial if the fucking clowns would just stop updating the game at this point.

Couldn't you just craft another mining laser with one of the FU stations?

I'm not too keen on Barb's art style, but that does look a whole lot better. What are you gonna do for the big birb?

leaked concept art

Good old McQuack.

How can one game fail so hard.

Well, it didn't die as a stillborn, so there's that. Not that the deformed hunchback it came out to be is anything to write home over.

Well first you need to understand that the devs who made Starbound are reject Terraria devs, yet they claim their game is a superior Terraria successor.

I think that alone should give you an idea how.

Not even devs. Tiy's an "artist" who probably got fired for lifting Final Fantasy sprites to use as "placeholders" that ended up in the final version.

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

This game really needs free floating space stations and/or wrecked ships to go explore as some sort of end game difficulty spike. I'm talking enemies/traps within that are difficult for small groups in the current top gear to clear, yet still possible for single player if you take it slow.

>good design
You would be unwelcome on the staff. They have an artistic vision, you see, and any sort of reasonable outcomes of their own world are unwelcome in it.

Dear ACTguy,

The 1.1.1 update added a new node to .monstertype files. Your monsters break the game currently.

/spawnitem rarebroadsword 1 '{"level":10,"seed":0,"rarity":"legendary","shortdescription":"Sanic Katana","inventoryIcon":"/items/active/weapons/bossdrop/soluskatana/soluskatanaicon.png","animationParts":{"handle":"/items/active/weapons/bossdrop/soluskatana/handle.png","blade":""},"elementalType":"fire","primaryAbility":{"fireTime":0.2,"stances":{"idle":{"armRotation":-40,"weaponRotation":-10,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true},"fire1":{"duration":0.01,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true},"fire2":{"duration":0.01,"armRotation":70,"weaponRotation":-190,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":false},"fire3":{"duration":0.01,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":false}}},"altAbilityType":"travelingslash","altAbility":{"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":40,"projectileType":"firespinswoosh"}}'

/spawnitem raredagger 1 '{"level":10,"seed":0,"rarity":"legendary","shortdescription":"Sanic Kunai","inventoryIcon":"/items/throwables/throwingkunai.png","largeImage":"/items/throwables/throwingkunai.png","animationParts":{"handle":"","blade":"/items/throwables/throwingkunai.png"},"elementalType":"poison","primaryAbility":{"fireTime":0.05,"stances":{"idle":{"armRotation":0,"weaponRotation":-120,"weaponOffset":[0.6,-0.1],"allowRotate" :true,"allowFlip":true},"windup":{"armRotation":40,"weaponRotation":0,"weaponOffset":[0.6,-0.1],"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true},"fire":{"duration":0.01,"armRotation":-75,"weaponRotation":0,"weaponOffset":[0.6,-0.1],"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true}}}}'

>censoring NPCs
I love that meme

Look, I've done some things. Just looking out for my crew that's all.

>tfw your mixtape is fire

>journal
Cool
>requiring screens
Curious but apprehensive

I don't know what i'll do for the birb man but i already have a concept for Esther

Just remove her.

She'll be a "ara ara" cute grandma hopefully
i guess changing her dialogues would be a good thing too

Seems like the only good thing Starbound can ever produce is cute things.

And it works pretty well

I'm not opposed to adorable stuff but soon the gimmick would grow stale. Wish there would be a mod that brings in the Corruption and Crimson.

Cute girls fighting creepy things is great actually

But there are no creepy things in Starbound though. And when these talentless hacks try it looks terrible like

It shouldn't be too hard to add monsters, FU does it

what were the devs thinking when they designed this shit ?

Looks really like a poor mans fucked version of Crimson scalemail.

I thought it was somewhat nice back when it was actually black.

Somebody's got the image floating around, I'm sure.

As a costum set ok but as a top tier armor it does look weird as fuck

So going through the assets I can see some items have different colors like the wooden crates.
However, in-game I can't paint or dye them.

But, there must be some way to spawn them in with one of their predefined colors.
For example a red woodencrate1.

I've tried a few different changes in the spawn commands but they don't seem to be changing anything (haven't yet done hex color replacement but I've done that for clothes).

Any advice?

Why bother?