Just bought a mustang v6 2004 (automatic)

Just bought a mustang v6 2004 (automatic)
> inb4 automatic faggot...

Im ready to mod the car...

Goal is to make it into a drifter
> inb4 automatics cant drift...

So what should i start by modifying
>in before changinging car or changing transmissions

Also getting rid of the fake ass hood scoop and eiffel rower antenna

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM
youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly these are terrible.

Get a v8 swap

So what makes them tettible it has low milage so still holds the 190hp and good amount of torque also it is my first car...

>So what should i start by modifying
your thought process

sell the shit heap, and buy a Miata or 240sx

Top fucking kek miata fucking miata jesus hang yourself and your faggot looking car fucking getting hit on by gay guys and have your arm toumd the ground as you drive....

I gave nothing against the 240sx but i wanted to stay away from japanese cars.

as a drift car the little fairy princess shitbox is miles better than your faggot-tier Mustang.

>190hp
Plenty to learn on but having grown up with 210hp+ cars they start to feel slow pretty quick especially auto's

>Mustang
>V6
>auto

How do you fuck up this bad?

Listen buddy drifting is an art so getting that peice of shit and drifting with it is like that 18 yearold cunt saying i can pull the hand break on a corner... try drifting with a mustang you cunt ....

And also you just admitted its a fairy Princes piece of faggotry...

its his first car and ive had worse
>1983 cressida gl
>a whopping 150hp when brand new

Pls user tell me what you own ... or are you just like the faggots on /b/ who posts a pic of lisa ann and says r8 my gf...

Then again i want time stamps

>try drifting with a mustang you cunt ....
I have, a SN95 GT. It doesn't have the power to hold a line, and I had to throw it at corners to even get it to slide

>again implying I have a Miata
Don't be mad at me that you're a fucking idiot teenager

lol OP ignore them mate

save up and get a LS1 Turd gen to replace this hunk of shit but unil them run it into the ground and enjoy it for what it is

Personally i'd stick mud tyres on it and go rallying/offraoding after u chuck a LSD in it with 4.1 gears hahah

Op here thx user

For shits and giggles go get a old diesel turbo and weld some brackets up or get a kit off ebay and see how long it lasts

>if I inb4 any legitimate criticism my car will magically stop being shit

The car was a gift... if i had that cash id take my time

>swap
Swap it

What's stopping you from selling it

No way on fucking warth in buying an ls1 third gen are you fucking stupid...

Was probably a senpai gift its what happened to me.

lil nigguh is only 19
Not a yankfag so i'd actually welcome one just because its something different.

Now a days automatic can shift faster than any professional driver

Now a days the idea that manual saves gas is pretty much dead...

Companies got this shit to a milli second.

I find it disrespectfull and being ungrateful

What ?

Then if that's the case he should leave the bitch alone, save up his money, and then sell it after some time has passed and buy a better car.

^

....that first part of your post...

For fucks sake

>I find it disrespectfull and being ungrateful
True.

That said nothing stopping you from putting a 5.0l out of a donor car in it tho rite?

>shove cam in it
>???
Tools dont cost that much and its the first thing i recommend you buy apart from a decent jack ofc

like dis

youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM

Its the truth....

Literally makes less power than a civic with a 3.8L V6, has the worst fucking clutch, and in general is a clanky piece of shit.

Why put money into it? Drive it as it is and figure out what a good car is.

OP really needs to get rid of this car if he cant get a cheap swap or 5.x v8 conversion i'd junk it for irsurnace.

Horrible horrible cars

1998-2003 is literally the worst fords ever made the world over

Ive asked engineers and they told me because its a automatic it makes it really fucking tough... and out of curiosity how much does the engine cost and what what other parts wouldni have to buy...

A civic 3.8 v6 dafuq are uou talking about...

Because ford autos are literally fucking horrible shit

i have had 3 BTR fords blow on me (4sp too) torque converter and bands all died the same way

Slowly burn oil and bang dead even after changing oil.

Worst trans ive ever seen in a car honestly.

.Should have got a fox body manual or something more interesting like a turbo fox

>drifting
>with an old autotragic v6 mustang putting out
>190 hp new

Just save your money and eventually sell that pos for something nicer. You can't do anything meaningful to the shitty v6 in that model, and shit-tier transmission would destroy if you ever did.

Op here i just came...some day after i graduate.

Get a basic modchip or flashtune and dyno for the shitgen if you want moar power a CAI (OTR preffered) and Exaughst should give you 200rwhp with some patience

Thx for being honest ....

I will save my money ... what do you suggest i buy.

I assume it will still be worth 7 grand (cnd)... then ill maybe have an extra 3 to 4 if not 5

I like american and drift...

You will be lucky to get 4000 in a year or so fords devalue worse than dogshit

>2004 mustang
>v6
>automatic
>drift car
wat

Oh fuck ...

I might be able to get a bmw 325 xi 2006... soon should i do it ?

Sell it asap

Dont stop BELIEVING

I CAN MAKE IT DRIFT WHILE I HAVE THE INITIAL D OST CD PLAYING ON MY MACH SOUND SYSTEM.

why the fuck do you type like a uneducated boomer with ellipses after every sentence?

it makes you sound retarded.

just fucking drive your comfortable new daily, enjoy what you have, and stop trying to pretend it is anything more than it is.

also ignore falcunt. he's the newest generation of absolutely braindead tripfags. filter him for a better Veeky Forums experience.

ive been here since 2009 fag

screenshot your filter list

>pretending to be from 2009
>thinking that's old
>thinking that matters

wander off and die in the outback please

Am person you replied to.

Don't get all panicky or whatever. Just enjoy your shitbox till its time to sell/junk it. By then you'll probably know more about what you want and can afford.

this.
It's your first car. Just wait and learn. We all climb this ladder

Do V6 Mustangs even have LSDs? You ain't gonna do much drifting with an open one.

Op.

Start with better suspension. Or sway bars. Or a hydraulic handbrake + the extra set of calipers.

Weight reduction.

Decat.

Any power mods you can afford.

And some shitty tyres.

Oh and definitely a new diff/LSD or just weld the current one.

Then change it to a manual gearbox faggot.

Eugghhh Falcunts still here? I thought you fucked off a while ago you potato headed motherfucker

If you were from 2009, name the fat Ausfag (posted mid to late '09) who drove the yellow Lancer and claimed he went drifting at Mount Panorama in his brothers Ute/Was always full of shit.

>dafuq
And he was talking about the Mustang making less power than a civic even with its 3.8 liter v6

Having watched people try to drift Foxes I understand why they're not popular in that role.

On their first tries they'll plow pretty hard and just keep pushing straight ahead. After a while the driver decides to use the power and then the tail end just zips right out but there's not enough steering angle available to keep it in check and they merely spin out. After a while of that they give up and get something else. In theory a Fox should be a hell of a drift machine but it's that lousy max steering angle that limits how steep a drift it can maintain and to change it would require changing the entire front end so it's not worth it.

>dumping all that work into a v6 auto
LMAO NO
Just sell and buy a v8 or better yet a car that can actually drift.

>implying a v6 auto can't drift

It never was worth $7k, I've flipped 20-30 mustangs. They just aren't very expensive. I'm surprised you paid more than 5k for an 04 v6 auto.

Foxbodys are actually going up in price now. If you grab a foxbody and only clean it up, no mods, in a year you'll be able to sell it for a lot more than what you pay now.

swap a coyote from an f150

>swap a ecoboost from an f150
ftfy

Lemme get this straight, you wanted a drift car, so you bought a V6 Autostang or had a V6 Autostang and wanted a drift car?

I come back just to make o mad

>190 hp
My minivan pushes more you gay retard
>mustang drifting
Just make sure you do it next to crowds of people.

gg you bought an average mom/commuter car disguised as a muscle car

Shit meant to reply to

what the fuck kind of minivan do you have ?
also it was a gift read the fucking thread you fucking summerfag.

its a fucking gift.

V6 auto mustangs are for women, but so long as you don't mind people thinking you're a woman or gay, it's a fine first car. Gut it, put it in 2nd, weld the diff, pump the tires up to 50psi, and skids for days

Veeky Forums logic

miatas arent gay

but a v6 mustang is

an/o/ns are fucking gay from the core.

what do you drive user ?

Cmon man as a first car thats good, its a rwd car with 190hp, my first and current car is a Celica from 86 with fwd and a whopping 86 hp..

thx man all this criticism was getting to me ...

i would sell it but it was a gift.. it would be pretty disrespectful and ungrateful.

youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

i would fucking kill for that car and shit my pants continuously while driving it ...

You will not make it a drift car, but you can hustle some people like I do with my '05 V6..

get rid of that shitty Y pipe exhaust system. Get yourself an X pipe in there.

also you need a racing intake manifold and cold air intake.

Fuck one wheel burnouts, get a limited slip diff.

Turbo/Supercharging is expensive, and I'm guessin you don't have the money, considering you bought a V6. Nitrous. Cheap and effective.

Also, to make your mods valuable and not break the car you need to have it tuned.

thx buddy

Put some money on a sound system and play eurobeat.
Your best shot at drifting a v6 auto Mustang.

What you say about manuals is true but only applies to high end transmissions. Your car has a shitty slushbox.

it comes with a great sound system MACH Sound System... I will be playing that Eurobeat all over Montreal while my back tires force themselves out of the pot holes

>Turbo/Supercharging is expensive
I dunno, I slapped a turbo onto a 2003 Tacoma for like $300.

ya i know i was just trying to make the other user be quiet... just defending the automatic that i got...

>Get a LSD cheap
>???
Open peggers DONT drift

sorry but whats an open pegger ?

>buys an automatic v6 mustang
>calling anyone gay
>clearly a butthurt 16 year old that has the automotive knowledge of the teenage girl that she is

I'm sure certain anons feel your auto pain.

Don't be down on manuals because some elitists own them. They are really fun to drive. Save up some paychecks and put a 5 speed in from a junkyard, you will love it, I promise

He's talking about the differential.
An open differential will sit there and spin one tire while the other sits motionless.
A limited slip will spin both, but will allow one to turn faster than the other in situations such as turning.
A locker will always spin both at the same speed, usually resulting in your outer wheel dragging a bit when you turn.

This.

Get a 'locking' diff which means both wheels will spin

Good luck OP welcome to carfagland

Definitely drop in a V8. More aftermarket and a V6 Mustang is silly.

i begged my driving school to teach me on a manual but that bitch of a woman liked me as her student and didn't want me to go to the asian dude who teaches manual driving...
i started driving at 14, and she told me she was sick of niggers who couldn't drive so my driving kind of gave her break cuz she trusted me. she even fell asleep when she took me out for practice.

Op find a cheap 8.8 rear from a gt and swap it in. Get 3.73s or higher. Bam, quicker gearing and a limited slip. Those year v6s had a 7.5 rear stock and its hard to find a lsd for them.
Do some breathing mods and get a ratchet shifter if you can find one for that model, any way to control gear changes

ok so ill go ahead and say it i was never much of the car guy but i need to learn this and its enjoyable.

what is the difference between LSD systems and Traction control.

so LSD is so that one wheel that isn't getting enough friction gets all the power; hence distributing the power to the other wheel.

&

Traction control is when one wheel is spinning loosely the other kicks in to balance out the car so it stays balanced

Therefore

both are distributing power so that car isnt flailing around.

plz help.

Listen there is no way you're gonna have a drift car with a v6.
For the tranny an auto,especially the 4r70w will be good enough for this application, if you wanted to be serious you would need a manual and a different car.
You can either get another car or v8 swap it. The 4.6 and 5.4 modular motors will both work in it and are pretty easy to make work since, pretty cheap too considering the 4.6 was in crown vics and the 5.4 was in a fuckton of Vans.

can anybody please refer me to a supercharge or turbo kit to a V6 Mustang 2004

you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread you are posting in a troll thread

www.google.com
Happy to help :)

they are very difficult to find ... all i was able to find was 03 for 3.8L v6 and they are saying the 03 arent compatible with the 04 model.

The most powerful Civic sold in the U.S. from '99-'04 made 160hp.

you own a shitty car, face it. you were on Veeky Forums before you owned a car, face it.

Ls swap you won't regret it my friend.

The 86 celica was rwd

Weld the diff, lower it, and look up how to modify your steering for more lock if you get ambitious.