/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

PURGE FILTH EDITION

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses
Previous Thread →
>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=811371374
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Posted just as new thread was made.

So I'm doing an Arcane focused HLMS.
Do I HAVE to go 25STR/50ARC, or can I sit at base STR? What is the reason for going 25/50 instead of base/50? I never understood this.

does the fightclub still happen regularly? I might drop in tonight to check out the pvp in this game

it happens every saturday night as it has for a long time and says two posts above you in the op champ

Yep, but it's only on Saturdays, although you can start an impromptu if you want

oh mb didnt see the
>saturday

> What is the reason for going 25/50 instead of base/50? I never understood this.

Because HMS is a STR/SKL//
ARC weapon, not a pure Arc weapon. Most of the melee swing damage comes from STR/SKL (Str has better scaling though) and only a fraction comes from Arc, but the moonbeams and a few special attacks are pure/mostly arcane. To fully realise the weapon you need 25/25/50 (or ideally 50/50/50) but it's not possible on a 98 build.

#
> explain Cold Abyssals

Scaling gems boost scaling, not saturation.

So without gems it's:

[100] + [100 * 1.00 * 0.85]

With +65 ARC scaling it becomes

[100] + [100 * 1.65 * 0.85]

Oh, shit, right. I'm retarded. Thanks for all the help.

Is the piercing rifle good for ANYTHING?
Does it have a longer range or something?

Single shot like pistols except pistols lose a lot of damage the farther the shot, the rifle has almost no damage fall off
Piercing rifle also pierces through enemies completely, it can hit as many fags that are in the line of fire
And despite what the description implies, it can still be used for parries, you'll just have a little bit harder of a time with the longer recoil animation

It does about the same damage as an evelyn, and since the evelyn has a lot less recoil you're better off using that more of the time, the rifle is more situational
But it looks hella baller too

As a level 50 Arcane master race build, should I bother with the Kos Parasite?

It looks so slow and sluggish (no pun intended).

It is a little slow but a dash attack spamming noodle user is one of the most annoying things because of the ridiculous range on those noodles
They just have retardedly good range, and the nuke L2 helps a lot

>implying anyone reads the OP, ever

Might as well make an ASCII cock and balls or something tbqhwy.

Actually, /bbg/'s probably the only general I've ever seen that's OP was actually useful. The only thing it's missing is docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=811371374

Also, should I bother with the triangular gems one or is the normal one (crescent moon) good enough?

Serious question: if I started that build, I could kill Amelia by BL30. Would there be anons willing to baby me through Ludwig and Maria so I could get Rakuyo ASAP? Probably around BL 40-something?

I'd help out. Low-level DLC coop is fun.

It's slow and the damage is probably only 50% of at most 75% of the damage you could get from a Ludgwigs Sword or a Moonlight Sword, unless you have some beast runes.

I'd say it's only worth it if you are doing a cosplay playthrough or if you are at NG+ with amazing tier runes.

Nah, go for uncanny or lost, a triangle for it is too good to not have

I'm working on the logistics of getting the Rakuyo out of the well. To get Shaman Bone Blades I either have to kill HMPH or farm a brainsucker. Any idea if the one behind Iosefka's Clinic can drop them?

Yeah it drops them

Any brainsucker can drop one, but it's apparently rare. You should be able to summon for the well though, right? I've never tried.

Sweet. Now I just have to resign myself to playing the entire game over again.

You can, but, I'd like to do as much of the work on my own as possible.

In Mergo's tower, I just remembered a hidden area from my first playthrough where you jump off an elevator midway, it's like right after Micolash. What's down there, item-wise? I remember those horrible brain enemies but not the items.

New game +++
BL 207
Ringing on Laurence.

An 18% physical droplet and a blood rock. Pretty valuable stuff.

Anybody wanna help me out on Laurence. Ive always had trouble fighting the cleric demon and this dude cranks it up to x10.

I use cane and blade of Mercy. My pass is mark if anybody wants to help

>HMPH
I'm probably a complete retard but what is this? I've seen the abbreviation a few times on here now.

Also doesn't the insight shop have shaman bone blades?

Pthumerian Descendant, coined after his signature "HMPH"

Insight shop sells them, but only after killing Central Pthumeru Descendant.

Oh fuck that's right, I can picture it all in my head now. Guess it's time to steel my scrotum for some brainy guys then.

BL?

The key to Laurence is "dodge left". 90% of his attacks and his entire second phase can be trivialized by dodging perpendicularly left of him.

"Hmph" is the onomatopoeia of the grunt Pthumerian Descendant makes when he attacks, so most anons have taken to calling him HMPH.

>No password

Guess you don't want help after all.

85, he's the last dude I gotta fight before I take on orphan of kos.

>perpendicularly left of him
laterally* left. Big difference.

Kek I guess I'm not as retarded as I was afraid I might be. Would never have figured that one out.

Does anyone know where I can find Rating 17 of Tempering Damp Blood Gems?

And what's the difference between gem rating and gem tier?

I bet Laurence is a serious fucking cunt on NG+++

oh sorry forgot

bbg123

I'll tag along

>Invading in Base Loft
>Find a guy with Saw Cleaver chilling on the stairs beneath the dogbird cage
>Never attacks, hardly moves, dogbird pecks at him and he heals when he gets low
>Three times
>Let's himself die

How high do I need to get my 'tinge before guns start being useful for anything other than parrying?

Shit like this is why I have to just quit playing for plural months.

>And what's the difference between gem rating and gem tier?
Tier is a looser summary of the Gem's strength. I think each tier can having something thing like three-four different Gem Ratings. Like, tier (6) can include Rating 17-20 IIRC.

>thinking you could just run past her
Come on, user. Half of this shit is just you falling for your own stupidity.

Anybody?

That little rape hallway holds some fond memories for me.

I wonder how many PS4 controllers its cost.

Thanks guys, I really appreciated, Laurence was a pain in the ass

That Arcane spam was glorious.

I'll come

Thanks man, I'll be here near the fog gate.

Hey thanks blaze, god I was useless during that fight. You pretty much did it for me.

Anybody?

People have done gun-only runs of the entire game. You just need to learn to use blood bullets a lot. If you get your gun to +3/+6/+9 as a priority, then it will be viable with whatever BLT is naturally aquirable at any given point in the game.

Have the Reiterpallache as your main weapon to parry, then use a stronger gun (buffed with BMA) to shoot them instead of visceral'ing. Super high damage.

As far as I'm concerned too much to be worth the levels if you're not using bloodletter or chikage

He ain't asking about a no-gun run.

Even at Noble Scion's starting 14 blt they can do noticeable damage to some lower-health enemies. Once you get the Evelyn at 18 blt, it'll only be doing more.

Anybody wanna help a poor fuck clear out Hemwick? It's so boring going by myself and pooping on witches. Password is lvl20

> He ain't asking about a no-gun run

And I want talking about a no-gun run either....

I said people have beaten the game with ONLY guns, so guns obviously can be viable for damage right from the start. Just keep it upgraded and level BLT as you would level STR on a melee character.

Yeah sorry, I meant to say gun-only run. And yes, a BLT is completely viable.

Nevermind on Hemwick, cleared it.

I don't like Mergo's Wet Nurse. It's an easy boss, and I KNOW it's an easy boss, but I still manage to find ways to die. Anyone else know that feel?

If I eat my umbilical cords, then die to Gehrman, I'm not fucked on my ending am I?

Once they're eaten, they're eaten, you can die as much as you want to Gehrman or MP.

I figured surely kek but saved online anyway.

Kos Parasite is objectively the best weapon.

>TFW an alcoholic bargain bin Ben Franklin will never drunk stream a fight club again in our time

abuse the dash+r1 attacks in both forms. For some reason they come out really fast, and go an absurd distance, and the untransformed one hits multiple times.

I could use some help with Logarius ringing at the fog pass is kosm if anyone is interested.

are there any happy endings in this game?

after gascoigne's daughter and arianna I'm feeling a little down

that nun just sits in the corner of the chapel giggling to herself all day

Nah m8 whole game is pretty grim tbqh

Grabby Grannies have to be one of the most unintentionally scary things in the game. Nothing sneaks up on me quite like they do.

Nope, it's a big Gothic tragedy turned up to 11, madness, disaster and death are the deal of the day.

I'd say maybe the player character actually gets a good deal in one ending, but that's absolutely it.

Thank Logarius always manages to give me hell unless I can get super lucky chaining vicerals for all of phase two

No problem. Logarius has become strangely fun after cooping him so much.

I feel you man. He's definitely one of the game's hardest bosses to me.

I just opened the Old Yharnam shortcut and I already need a break. Man I've played too much of this game lately.

Run's starting off well, at least.

One of the big problems for me is that I usually want to do him a fairly low levels so I can get the wheel or chikage on a builds that use them

I just fought him at BL90 and he put up more of a fight than Ludwig did. Of course, I used a Beast Blood Pellet and a Fire a Paper on Ludwig, but still.

I hate Logarius so much.

I was over leveled when I fought him the first time and it still took me forever.

whoa you killed the werewolf at the start with a backstab?????
fucking incredible

Wtf Moon Presence has an attack that brings you to 1hp and disables your healing? I thought he was supposed to be easy, goddamn.

My first time was on a pure blt build at about level 35 with only really vit leveled, after about 20-30 tries I managed to get the visceral timing down and get him solo and haven't ever managed to do him solo since.

That's actually two attacks - the eye beam thing brings you down to 1hp, the bloodfall thing disables healing and lasts for what seems a pretty long time.

Dude I know. I even beat Cleric Beast on my first try. Fuckin' pro, yo.

Kek I finally got one of my best friends to start this game and it took him like a dozen tries to kill the Cleric Beast. I really didn't think things were looking too good for him but then he beat Gascoigne on his second try.

Nice. Gascoigne slapped my shit once this run, and I was even using the tombstone exploit. Easy to forget how hard his transformed axe hits. Then again I've never really gotten gud at fighting him.

It got quiet in here. Bump?

first time playing through the game, chose the sunrise ending and didnt realize it would jump straight to NG unlike dark souls.

I missed a lot of bosses and the DLC, so it'll be fun playing through it a second time!

what are you up to?

So I noticed in a few of the things in the op that some ideal gem setups included scaling gems for pure arc conversions and pure phys with high str why is the same not true for skl or blt? or is it?

So I'm on my third play through and still never figured out where two doors open from. Can anyone help?

1. Immediately after exiting Iosefka's Clinic, to the right is a gate that says Closed By a Device. Never found this.

2. In the Cathedral Ward, from where you find the Monocular, head right, and past the Church Giant there are stairs down to a room full of Vases and a long hallway with a chest at the end. Directly to the left of the chest is a door that simply says Closed when trying to open it. Never found where this opens from.

Any help??

first one is accessed through a hidden area in the Forbidden Woods, look for some Dog Cages and your in the right area, eventually if you find the path it'll loop you back to Iosefka's Clinic behind that gate and you'll be able to open it

second one as far as I know never opens, is probably a shortcut that never got implemented in the final product for one reason or another(just like how there was originally going to be a door between the Great Bridge and another section of the game, and how that pit behind the Central Yharnam Boar was probably originally going to be an Elevator shortcut between CY and the Church of The Good Chalice)

1 is opened by taking the path in the Forbidden Woods back to the Clinic. You come out in the graveyard there and can pull a lever to open the door.

2 leads to the Great Bridge where you fight the Cleric Beast, and cannot be opened by any means. Cut content, I believe.

the dc is going to be a real wake up call for you on ng+

Im just killing people in menenenesis

>why is the same not true for skl or blt?
Skl has no +Scaling AFIK, and Bloodting's tops out in the 20s, making it useless.

The only Scaling gems worth using are Heavy (STR) and Cold (ARC) scaling gems that come from Headless Bloodletting Beast and Pthumurian Elder since they give +65 scaling. Unfortunately there is no Layer 3 boss that drops Warm or Sharp gems, so the best you can get is +25 (or something) scaling which is outclassed by % gems.