Financing Old Car

Where can I go to finance a private party sale 20+ year old car with 175k+ miles on it?

PenFed won't finance a car that has 125k+ miles.
Alliant won't finance a car older than 15 years.
DCU won't finance a car that's older than 12 years old at the end of the loan.
Not sure about Lightstream...although it's annoying that they don't have a phone number; so I can't talk to an actual human being at their company.

Don't forget jjbest

That ass tho

What is it, how much is it, why are you financing an old car

Please be bait.

wonga.com

1997 Miata. It's selling for $2,800

Financing because I don't have the cash

I'm getting a loan from my Credit union for a truck with 176k. The rate is kinda high at 7.5% but I'm not financing a huge amount anyway and will probably pay it off early so I'm not too worried about the rate.

Family is an option, if they trust you.

LOL

This is a really bad idea. If this is bait, great job. If this isn't, you should think about meeting with a financial advisor, or with someone from your bank.

This would smash

It's not a terrible idea if you're smart and are able to build up a savings account for the inevitable repairs. I'm buying a cheap truck with a loan, so that I can sell my more expensive car and actually afford build up savings. It's a bitch but better than owning something that's just putting me in more and more debt.

Keep riding the bus fag.

>wants to get a loan
>for a miata
>with 125k+ miles
>doesn't have $2800 in cash
holy shit user, i hope they fucking rape your ass with interest if you do pull out a loan for

Get a personal loan they don't care what its for but you will pay high interest

Personal loan rates are almost in line with credit cards though. But it definitely is an option for OP

a credit union

its the only institution that has to be totally transparent and they really bend the rules to help you

most small local credit unions will do older cars just fine, and at pretty low interest rates too as long as your work history is fine and your income is ok

get a 3k personal loan.

Personal loan through a credit union with or without collateral. It ain't pretty but I've done it. I have a great credit score and I still got like 9 percent interest with no collateral on a 5 years loan for like 5 grand.

Of course I paid it off in a month though, I just didn't have the cash just that minute but after I moved somethings around I got the 5k and paid it all off without any interest really.

It's a very short term solution and you'll be on crunch time to pay it off without getting raped by interest. Try navy federal credit union

>financing a $2800 20 year old miata with almost 200k on the clock

Don't do it.

>Where can I go to finance a private party sale 20+ year old car with 175k+ miles on it?

Your own credit union where you have an account will do it because they already see you have a job due to regular direct deposits and your typical expenses. Thus they can instantly have the computer calculate a cost number for you. But they will tell you not to for your sake.

They will say there are better deals elsewhere. If they don't, then that is a sucky credit union. My credit union loan advisor, if he wasn't able to convince me to give up, would probably have the floor manager of the loan section come out and say "Son, don't do it. While we like getting your business, we don't want to make profit from you this way. It's just a plain bad situation to finance this private party car with no warranty, 20+ years, and 175K miles. It's a bad deal. At least refinance your current bad deal with us and the monthly payments will be lower to give you breathing room. You'll have longer payments and more to pay, but you'll avoid that if you can recover and simply pay off the period delta principal in the next sixth months."

He'd probably then tell me to talk to one of their car deal financing coaches because the credit does have various short seminar classes on getting good loan deals, what is a bad deal to use loans on, and financial life planning.

There's enough huge black asses out there on the streets wearing dresses like that.

>That ass tho

Big asses don't get wiped properly and are dirty.

No thanks.

get a load of this virgin cuck

Truth. I opened up a savings account with 25 bucks to be a member because their rates were phenomenal. I've financed 3 vehicles there. Reeeeeally need to get the other accounts switched over soon.

you're not going to get an auto loan

get a personal loan from a bank

you're still dumb for doing this, but that's what you will have to do

Yeah but they are gross not the archetypal strong thick black women like in op