Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Shine_NYC/status/777611974381334528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you.

Cute squirrel dude

Play SFV!

Who are some characters that you wish were good, but they just suck?

Litchi or nine would have been a better op.

New bread that wasn't made early. This might be a good thread

Is getting to gold just a matter of grinding enough matches? Been stuck at 1200 for the longest time then suddenly I get a 10 win streak and now sitting at 1500.

so what's the deal with anakaris? isn't he literal bottom tier? how does mightymar to with that?

a good thread

He's bottom tier only because he's missing system mechanics (no push block, no throws/teching throws, no guard cancel).
He's not like Victor who's bottom tier because he's just plain bad.

The Urien showcase was ass :^)

Old games gave even bad characters a varied set of tools that good players can use to overcome bad matchups.

Reminder

Anyone wanna play Cyberbots?

It's ok.

Litchi's good too i guess, but it's not like there are any bad choices in BB

or are there

sniff blazblue

>that desperate for 150 entrants
>meanwhile melee breaks that much in weeklies

At first I didn’t want to do this post because I usually like to stay out of discussions / conflicts but I just really wanted to get this out of my chest.
First and foremost…
HEY!! MY NAME IS “ZAYLAH” and I’m relatively new to Blazblue, I was introduced to it by a good interwebz friend of mine that runs a fighting game club / gaming café in Sweden because I was looking for a new series of games to play or as an alternative a Visual Novel and wadda ya know, Blazblue has the best of both words, sweet.
This was a year ago and I've been loving it until the 24th of of August.
Lulzy enough I started with the anime and the way he got me to play the game as with… Simple pushy everyday nudges, since he knows I have a ponytail fetish he showed me a lot… And I mean a lot of Celica from pictures to videos, and then in his troll like Hazama manner he told me of the rather confusing and hard to follow story, which I love, and I was hooked, super duper hooked.
Now to be completely honest I was very, super, hyper skeptical about the dub because… Ya know, usually when animes get dubbed they are pure and utter garbage. Thankfully this was not the case.

Melee is a much more accessible game which is why it is like that.

Platinum.

You shut your whore mouth, platinum is a miracle

I was talking about Rachel

What's a game with an overhead projectile.

BlazBlue

Rachel second worst.

K U N Z I T E
U
N
Z
I
T
E

blazblue

Why do BBfags feel the need to shitpost so much?

juri is canonically a comfort woman

do unblockable projectiles count? because nrs games sprinkles some of those in. otherwise, loli robot 4d swords in blazblue

persona

>no push block, no throws/teching throws, no guard cancel
Who thought this was okay

>Nu
>loli
What?

I mean technically he has a guard cancel, but it's ex only and punishable on hit.
Yep.
On HIT.

I want a NA Central Fiction demo now!

stop avatarfagging

he's high tier in 98UMFE

Cause it's the only way to get attention for their shitty game.

Isn't he only mid

>Capcom meant for the game to be shit, just suck it up!

Is LI Joe the biggest piss drinker in the fgc?

maybe, but wrestling fans are definitely the new bronies

>Tomorrow

Someone wanna explain why sf5 is very fun at locals but a complete shit experience online?

More like old bronies.
Because you are having fun with your friends.
It doesn't matter if the game is boring.

because online has latency and locals don't

I have fun in both so Idk.

Did SNK really fix the KoF14 netcode after just one week?

Because you haven't played many fighting games?

If I'm playing with people in the same room I can enjoy even fucking league of legends

They didn't have to change anything significant, just all but one game mode had a desync bug.

i've seen him in mid tier at worst, usually he's ranked high. the neutral game buffs he got in UM + the new combo routes he gained in FE make him pretty strong.

>Aegis memes are beat clean by V reversal
So barring a gamebreaking bug Urien confirmed shit tier?

Does it have better netcode than SFV now?

>Alex is a worse Mika
>Guile is a worse Nash
>Juri is a worse Ryu
>Balrog is a worse Necalli
>Ibuki is a worse Karin
>Urien is a worse Laura
Why did this have to happen

idk, somehow you managed to fail every single analogy, that was impressive

Debatable. It's stable and has felt better than SFIV for me but it's still not rollback, however janky and unreliable that rollback may be.

Biggest problems with KoFXIV online are just things like disconnect freeze bugs and search not working the way you want, not netcode, anyways.

DLC characters are supposed to be overpowered to make money, not shit. Did Capcom learn nothing from ArcSys?

What went wrong? They can't even manage to make fighting games anymore.

Is it called Street Fighter V because the game took 5 updates to finally be good?

They learned their lesson from the Resident Evil series.
Fans will buy whatever half assed slop they put out. They might complain but you will still get their money.

>Fans will buy whatever half assed slop they put out.
But SFV isn't selling well at all.

>Urien is a worse Laura

how'd you make that connection

The market for games has changed as well. Nobody feels like committing time to learning a game and losing a shit ton before winning. That's why RTS is dead and team based shit like ASSFAGGOTS and Overwatch are popular.

it's time to start your day bruh

Reminder SF4 fags think cheater buttons are ok

MKX sold fine. Tekken 7 will probably sell millions aswell. It's not the market so much as SFV being an unappealing game.

Are they all wired to select

I saw this shit at evo and I was so confused. Apparently this helps a shitton with his c viper execution

post combos

So is yoshimitsu the same guy, or different guys?

I at the very least applaud him for going out of his way to adjust to his playstyle.

I still don't understand what they're all for

All the same guy

There was this one Street Fighter spinoff game where you basically just watched some Street Fighter movie or cartoon and interacted with it then it upgraded your abilities and then you played as some Shadaloo robot who stole Ryu's moves or some shit?
Does anyone know what this game was called, or what this robot character is called?

fuck that im going 2 bed

Street Fighter II MOVIE

Absolutely, netcode is up there with Revelator

Capcom is really getting outdone by everyone these days, don't they? I find it funny how the more niche fighting games come out with far better content and production values than one of the biggest fighting series of all times.

Revelator netcode isnt that great though. If someones on wifi its unplayable and anything beyond 3f is not fun to play on.

These are really good until you realize they're actually a shit tier snack

He doesn't suck. He's not great but he doesn't suck.

I'm starting to noticing more of these set-ups from Juri:

twitter.com/Shine_NYC/status/777611974381334528

Juri shitters getting blown the fuck up?

Did Urien have no cross-ups in 3S too?

can't keep being laid off

Crossups may as well not exist in 3rd Strike because if you block the wrong way you just parry

Yes, that's a nice set-up to beat a training dummy with. Now do it against a real player that knows Juri's fireball isn't a low.

>implying the way the fireball has to be guarded has anything to do with combo'ing off an instant overhead
I mean I'd have to test it to see if it is safe on block and/or you can combo low short into heavier normals because of the fireball in which case it's good but only if you have a good enough non-backroll setup to justify anyone ever letting you do it.

Does Kolin hve o pleasure Urien and Gill?

She's a secretary, Gill and Urien have dedicated whores who've trained for years.

So we can all agree that KoF14 turned out better than people thought it would?