/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Best Monster Edition

>News
-gematsu.com/2016/09/monster-hunter-hollywood-movie-announced
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

First for get naked!

>illegal charms
Nah it just shows the gear you need like I found a tenderizer 5 attack 7 ooo. You can tell ASS to build a set around that etc

>poison spike

Couldn't it just do a kick?
I guess Capcom really doesn't care.

idk it could be a coding error or something, i was confused as to why the TA memeset isnt even the best, because i asked for the TA memeset
can you import charms from actual savedata? would 100% be worth to do that shit then

It's me, the faggot from earlier who didn't want to solo C.Beard Uragaan. Will not label as "Gathering" room.

17-5922-7016-2891, pw: 7243

you can import your charms if you can dump your savedata, yeah. also, athena's sometimes says that charms are hacked when they're found in-game, but it's no big deal.

absolutely unacceptable

you cant fucking ride monsters

>not labeling as gathering
>still has the password

why do you even post here

What's a good set for gunlance? I'm currently HR5 and I started unlocking the S armors in the smithy. Any lance is fine, but I do prefer normal type.

Besides Coal Hearted are there any other ways to farm ancient shards? All I wamt are some worn dbs and the game won't let me have them.

Seltas Armor gives you Razor Sharp, Hero Shield, and Artillery Expert right out the gate. And it looks pretty damn cool.

gonna use the deviljho gun for RF dragon, is it worth dropping element attack up for to get trueshot? it has 5 dragon s 2's as internal, but they won't be my main source of ammo.

set:
dragon attack +2
bonus shot
ammo saver

Create one :^).

>input meme set in ass
>get 1 result
>but you can just cheat in better charms to get CE+3 or bonus AuS? that's the set I wanted

new thread is off to a great start boys.

I'm aware IG is shit in gen but I want to craft some pretty glaives.
Problem is insects are trash thanks to nerfing effect extend.

>Should I go for full speed insect?
>Do I even bother with stamina nectar?
>Guild or aerial?

>tfw beating Out of the Fry Pan first try with Bow
10 minutes killing Jho while terrified of getting hit once
15 minutes playing with the fence while kiting Tigrex
5 minutes shooting Narga 'Who gets hit by this thing' cuga

Pretty fun desu senpai

Oh yeah I got seltas back in 4u. It showed up, but I was hoping the S version would so I could jump straight to that.

There's no low rank Seltas, if that's what you mean. The one and only armor available is high rank.

Aerial is fun for shitting on monsters
And you vault forward instead

Ah sweet, thanks!

IG isn't shit. Kinsects aren't trash.

Guild is standard. Striker is okay, Aerial is "fun", Adept is unsettling. It's your preference.

Full speed kinsect is standard. Balanced is fine. The rest are eh.

I believe Seltas Queen is first fought in HR6 this time

I did pretty alright just clinging onto full LR Rathalos until then

Yead I just killed one. I've been using Astalos, but there's a huge amount of people using it now, and most of them are pretty bad players (myself included)

Shit, a group of my old classmates are trying to get a full seltas-sentai squad going. Their mentality is fucking awful though; they go into games with low hr and armor, and tell the higher players they're gonna mine so they don't get carted, which the higher players agree to.

>He is a solo hunter

>IG isn't shit.
I mean what they represent, along with balancing it caused it to be pretty average overall.

>Kinsects aren't trash.
But they aren't anything more than a mean to procure extracts.
Outside gimmick setups for them you only want them to get the boosts and start dancing under monster's scrotum for as much time possible.
Anyway, thanks for the info.

has anyone actually had gen crash on them? if I stick around in the offline hub i'll hard crash sometimes, started happening last week

X crashes way more than 4u did, especially transitioning from online/offline

Is palico level capped at 35 if you're in hr7?

>tell the higher players they're gonna mine so they don't get carted, which the higher players agree to

What the fuck, why? They can get fucktons of ore on the side during sakura charm runs and not fighting the monster goes against the entire point of the goddamn series.

If people don't enjoy fighting monsters then there's fucking better skinnerboxes out there for that kind of shit, christ.

That's how kinsects always were. You don't depend on kinsect for damage unless you're doing a gimmick kinsect only run.

? i dont understand

Yeah, I'm an awful player that gets carted, but I try my damn best not to when fighting monsters. They don't even know how skills work, they had roughly 15 different skills at 1-3 points with all sorts of assorted decorations, and only one of them out of the 4 have done any village quests.

i made a monhun comic a while back but i can't remember if i ever posted it

>runs it with cheated charms
>it gives more options
no shit

point is that 105% or 110% affinity don't do shit and that's why sharp5ooo is the memeset because no one is retarded enough to cheat for an extra 5% affinity in the worst case scenario.

other than you ofc.

I assume the last empty panel is meant for the obligatory exaggerated reaction face? The comic is quite luvverly as it is now, especially the git gud panel.

tilt your screen back

What's the difference of this thing and the monhun index?

There's no such thing as cheated charms, just really rare two skilled charms.

Never had any MH game crash on me.

Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit. I did not see that one coming.

CE+3 is 10% more affinity over CE+2 in this game, but otherwise yes it's not really a big deal

If that's what you choose to believe it's perfectly fine. You would be wrong but you have every right to be.

>finally get my feather
>go back to being a narga slut because all the sets you can make with the feather are ugly

doomed to Fashion Hunter

Yeah, I finished my MemeSol set, but I'm never taking that shit online
I'm perfectly content with crabslut set for gang-raping monsters to death

Wanna get into HHing

What's a good HH and set to try out?

No deviants

The same set as for any other raw damaging weapon

i literally asked if ASS was using cheated charms, theyre not charms i input
this was the entire basis of my confusion
0 clues
so the charms ARE legit?

>Generally only play solo
>Actively avoid hunting with others
>But I don't think I can deal with these hyper quests lasting 30+ minutes a piece
>Realize that deep down, I'm probably just afraid and that anxiety is what drives me to avoid carrying out many activities with other people.

It's not wrong. You literally cannot force impossible charms in the game because it reverts anything past the threshold to zero.

Yes you can save edit charms to make it easier to attain a rare charm with desired stats that completes your set and you can call the method of attaining that charm "cheating", but there are no illegal charms in Generations.

Yes. ASS will not produce results that require an "illegal" charm, they just give you the best possible results with the query given (up to two skilled charms with slots being the most rare).

I was stuck in SnS/IG mode. They cap with oil/bug + hellblade has 5%.

the charms can drop. if you see one however it has most certainly been cheated.

>cheating is perfectly fine and if I keep making these posts everyone else will think so too
fuck off.

>Finally got my sharpness+5ooo
>It has tenderizer-1

You can continue to be a little child with this "if I don't have it no one can" attitude, but the fact is you literally have no proof other than severe paranoia.

Get over it.

Post your horrible game mechanic ideas for MH5.

You can now have up to 4 large monsters in a map at the same time.

Underwater

-Remove styles
-Allow Gunlance to guard point normally
-Keep both the triple poke and the downward slam (with a different input obviously) so you can keep poking safely if you want or can go for big deeps on large openings.

You would love God Eater

>Legitimate quadruple Rajang quests

Genius.

Wouldn't be overly bad if shit was tweaked here and there.

Would I? Is it exactly the same as monster hunter (including armor and weapon crafting) but with up to 4 large monsters in a map at the same time?

Well 3 monsters but yeah there's weapon crafting. Not armor though, it's 100% fashion. All of your combat attributes are loaded into your weapon which has a melee, ranged, and shield component.

You can ride monsters :^)

>Allow Gunlance to guard point normally

So, like 4U or Gen GPs?

I guess so. I haven't played 4U, only other MH I played was FU like 6 or 7 years ago so I have no point of reference for that game.

Keep verticality

So what is your favourite blademaster armour for both stats and look? I hate the dull "just plate atmour" look that some of them has.

Astalos looks cool as fuck, especially with verdent rapier with Destroyer Oil, holy shit. Only sad that my character is literally hidden entirely beneath that bulky armour.

Monster pins are a reversed minigame of mounting, with your stamina bar being the limit to how long you can struggle at a time. The higher the rank of the monster the better they are at the minigame.
And the only item that can get you out of a pin automatically is a 2-stack item you can only buy for resource points.

Certain monsters only attack you if you attack them first, otherwise they continue to ignore you and minding their own business.
Certain captured monsters (obtained by using special traps or by completing certain quests) can now be placed at your house as a pet, but only one at a time.

Drilltusk Tetsucabra armor is my favorite overall. I use Seltas right now since I'm on a gunlance binge and it looks cool as hell. I use Glavenus otherwise at least until I get the Drilltusk set put together. I wish Drilltusk gave a different pair of abilities though. Tenderizer is great and Guardis alright but I'm not too keen on Scavenger and Adrendaline.

toka and silverwind give you lots of meme crit stuff and dont look half bad

thats all i can think of, unfortunately

>not keen on adrenaline
P U S S Y

And the Scavenger half of the Drilltusk skill is actually pretty nice, if you're a resource jew like I am. The fact that it can proc off of ANYTHING INCLUDING STAMINA INCREASING ITEMS that you 'consume' gives you multiple chances at the start of a hunt to top off your stamina. I have multiple stacks of mega dash juice that I have sitting in my box for a rainy day, since I can just pop a (purchaseable) energy drink, hot/cold drink, potion, or psychoserum at the start of a hunt for a ~25% roll for an 25 stamina

3 types of cheaters
>don't give a fuck
>knows it's wrong and will bait noncheaters at every opportunity
>pathetic little cunts

last one is you

Took you over half an hour to come with that shit? Give it a rest.

Man I want to do Heroics hunts and kill deviants and hypers in like 30 seconds while being at 1 HP but I'm just not at that level yet.

The Scavenger thing is pretty interesting though. I'm not often at a loss for stamina anyway since I always eat and carry energy drinks but it would make saving Mega Dash Juice easier. Although the reason for having MDJ in the first place is to make guarding easier more than anything.

I am starting to like Hammar after a few arena run.
Is Tigrex Hammer the go-to raw hammer?

>get Focus +5 OOO
>make great GS set
>don't actually know how to GS
I hope nobody notices these awful times.

if you're ever gonna get a handle on Adrenaline, Drilltusk is the set to do it with. Guard+2 means that any Drilltusk user is most likely Lance, GL, or CB maybe madmen SnS as well? ; all of which save SnS have beefy blocking and turtle options. Play conservatively and get a feel for how much extra defense Adrenaline gives you and learn when you can use that extra 30% total damage to lay into the mon and ruin its day.

I suggest you make Grimclaw armor with the Focus OOO. With the Tigrex GS with one slot (the only one you should use anyways), you can get Crit Draw, Destroyer, Grimclaw Soul (HG plugs + Speed Eating 2), and Focus.

>theme is dynamic environment
>open world
>day night cycle of course
>weathers that include snowstorm and heavy rain
>environment hazards like thunder and avalanche
>snow and mud slowing you down, slippery wet rocks and ice, etc.
>monsters digging will change the ground, can break down tress, etc.
>mounts
>mounted combat
>caravan that go with you into the wild along with some stamina limit system
>large docile herbivores that are actually tough
>story AI hunters
>ancient powered armor
>vengeance system, certain tough monsters can run away and will always prey after you in future hunts
>random NPC hunters you can help in the wild

You can't go too wrong with GS.
Hit the weakzone and don't flip people up to the air.

how hard is silver rathalos? whats different from normal? what to hit, where i bounce, etc?

Yeah I'm building it actually. Still doesn't help me know where to position myself.

Element weaknesses are totally different. Head is super shitty don't hit it. Get the back if you can or wings/legs otherwise.

Different hitzones and weaknesses. Go for the wings and legs, use water element weapons. Same shit otherwise.

Cracking water wyvern, Zenaserisu

Oh yeah, if you ever knock it down, wail on his back for massive damage. If you're shooting him then you can just pop him in the legs.

Mounting is replaced by being able to grapple and hang onto a monster whenever and wherever you want.
Food and eating is turned into a minigame where skill activation and buff strength is determined by your success.
PvP quests where you are 1v1'ng or 2v2'ng to deliver a captured monster to your sides base camp.

Yes. Tiggy for very good raw, steve for auto sharpness.

Looks like that sky demon from jackie chan adventures.

>to have a slay cephadrome in hr you have to do tons of stupid shit
being a shitter sucks

Color Waterfall??? Not sure about the translation here.

>All of the Deviant armor sets follow a certain theme (Hellblade, Crystalbeard, Arzuros) or are geared towards using a specific type of weapon or strategy (Drilltusk, Dreadqueen, Grimclaw, Silverwind)
>Dreadking armor is the most generic "good stuff" armor set in the game while somehow managing to be the shittiest looking Deviant set and one of the shittiest looking sets period.

post sluts!

>thunderlord is fucking useless
Capcom why.

looks fine to me, unless were talking male set?

Every time I get a (you), I'll remove a piece of armor!