Head Units that don't look like a Puerto Rican picked it out

Just like the title says

What head units are there that don't look like ricey garbage?

I want Aux, USB, bluetooth is optional, and being able to change the color would be nice so I could color match it to the rest of my dash.

Double DIN and single DIN are fine, as it is going into an NB1 miata.

If you guys have a certain headunit, post pics, as that will probably be the most helpful in figuring out what garbage I wanna slap in my shitbox

Other urls found in this thread:

crutchfield.com/S-7fGSzoHWTu0/p_158WXGT90B/Sony-WX-GT90BT.html?tp=5684
jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781
ebay.com/itm/Kienzle-MCR-1016BT-Autoradio-mit-SD-USB-AUX-Bluetooth-ohne-CD-Player-MCR1016-BT-/330593087790?hash=item4cf8e2312e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Single or double din?

I have the Pioneer Fh-X700BT, I love it.

either or is fine. I don't plan on hooking it up to subs or or some crazy sound system either. I just want something that's more modern than what I have.

Aux cassette adapters only go so far, ya know?

I have the pioneer DEH X4800BT
all i could really ask for is changing the color of the lighting
its pretty okay

I had one of these or something similar in my old Elantra, but I could change the colors. This is more like something I don't want though

just get a cheap one and spray paint it black if you're so anal about the lights

you could make up a square tray out of plastic that fits over the head unit and slides in it, cut out the aux/power/volume hole.
there you got the looks of one of those 500 dollar head units people always post on here for 30 bucks

Alpines are nice radios, the 4-6 blue button models (5 years old at most) look like they'd belong in any 1980-90s car

check out this maricón.
>blames other people for not being able to search properly
>has to be babyhanded on finding one that doesn't look "riced to shit"

oem or gtfo.

These were the last good looking head units.

>swap with ipad fagget.

People still buy aftermarket head units?

Getting a laser cut plate some point.
Also knobs

Any generic Kenwood head unit, if they piss you off that much just de-solder the LEDs.

>watch the autist get angry

trigger warning

do you know how radar detectors work?

Honestly, I'm not opposed to this sort of thing, I just don't know how to do it or what that part is called. Would it just be an aux input doodad?

This isn't the worst but it does look cheap. How do you like it? What is it called?

The LEDs don't piss me off, in fact, I want them. I just want to be able to color match them to the sickly green of the miata's dash.

I feel like there's a certain head unit that's always posted that is super simple looking, but didn't break the bank like that one Sony unit. I think it's German in origin. Do any of you know the name?

I'm rockin the Alpine UTE-92BT. Has all those features, and it's cheap considering the things it actually has.

Fuck off with you 15W pee-pee amp you retard, go drill some more oval holes into your Clio.

Pioneer has a good lineup in their +120$/€ lineup, you can get units with USB, BT, AUX, and RGB colors to match interior that look pretty standard. There's versions with USB and AUX in the back so you can run the lines into the glovebox and then there are units with USB and AUX in the faceplate. All have dimmer features, good bluetooth connectivity and come with two or three pairs of RCA outs in the back for amps.

LIterally any single DIN less than $100. Really anything Pioneer makes. My cousin bought this and it looks really nice and she likes it a lot.
crutchfield.com/S-7fGSzoHWTu0/p_158WXGT90B/Sony-WX-GT90BT.html?tp=5684

That doesn't look bad at all and the color customization is pretty extensive. I bookmarked that one, thank you.

I like this too, though I would prefer single DIN so I can put a shelf underneath it with aux and usb so my phone can sit in the shelf and not have a ton of wires coming off the front of my dash

No problem man. Forgot one thing, if you're gonna listen to the radio make sure you're antenna fits and/or get an adaptor cause at least my head unit was not supplied with any adaptors.

A lot. Especially if people appreciate music to any level, the HU is amongst the first to be invested in when people upgrade their components.

I feel ashamed for you

I forgot the name of the unit that looks like a life support machine, someone must know what I'm talking about

>2003+13
>not going full rice

jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781

>green backlight
>matches 90s shitbox interiors

There you go OP.

>out of stock

That's just the remote display. I mount mine in the visor because niggers.

ebay.com/itm/Kienzle-MCR-1016BT-Autoradio-mit-SD-USB-AUX-Bluetooth-ohne-CD-Player-MCR1016-BT-/330593087790?hash=item4cf8e2312e

>That's just the remote display. I mount mine in the visor because niggers.

You too? Welcome to the Klub. Before I replaced the factory unit (standard install), I asked about stealth and to leave the factory unit front there. The front faceplate is driven as part of the alpine LAN system. So low capacitance POS wiring was used to bring out connections to salvaged mounting tray that was then mounted on my visor. The alpine faceplate with all the gloss then went there. Of course it could still be removed. The car audio shop had to remove the driver's lit vanity mirror for enough space to do that but I don't use a vanity mirror. Because I'm not like alphonse who likes to look at his smiling Joker face every day.

The only drawback is that the light from the visor lights up my face at night so that other drivers can see me. I wonder if they think I am vain for that?

Anyways, it looks like I have a factory unit, but the controls are now a false panel that opens up if two of the side buttons (one button on left, one on right) are pushed in. It's those push to open type door buttons you see everywhere, so that is nice. Push to release is fairly standard of panels in car audio Meets. It makes for a clean look.

The panel is then removable as the bottom has a glued in pair of spikes to hold it to the dash once the upper part is unfastened from pushing the buttons.

The car burglar problem is pretty acute in the parking garages. They see something good, they smash the window then go in and crowbar and smash the dash open to get at bolts and screws to remove the aftermarket gear. BLM made them extra bold here. They get away with more with BLM around since businesses and police can't target only blacks and mexicans walking around. They don't shop (unless the go in to shoplift) and they don't drive (they have bikes elsewhere) and they don't eat at the restaurants. And they certainly don't have cars parked in the garage. So why are they there?

>weekly non shiny head unit i'll never buy thread

fuck off

Ironically both and have shiny head units but hid them due to crime rate. If your car appears "ricey" that means it has parts that can be stripped off and sold on ebay. That's why you CANNOT look ricey. It guarantees they break your windows to come in to strip out your amplifier and speakers. Your factory car alarm will never sound off.

You mean daily? These faggots want commercial vehicle looking head units, but don't want to pay the price, but also want all the properties of a multifunctional aftermarket unit for the average consumer. FUCK'S SAKE, and every day we suggest, just get a Pioneer DEH-series with custom RGB lighting so they can set the HU to their cars colors. But no, too much to ask for them to head over to ebay or any fucking place that sells head units and look for something to fit their needs. Then they go autistic and call everything that has features they don't need or shiny plastic "rice" and jerks off to shit like this Why are these faggots even asking these questions if they don't care about audio quality? Just get a tapedeck-aux adapter or FM-bluetooth thingy and enjoy distorded youtube playlists off the stock speakers, or stop being a fucking useless poorfag, get new speakers, new amp, wiring kits a shiny ricer headunit and enjoy the fucking audio instead of spazzing out about how a headunit made in 2016 doesn't look like it fits in your 1984 piece of shit truck.

>mfw these threads fill up with uptight morons

>mfw these threads fill up with uptight morons
Says the uptight autistic moron.

THIS IS THE ONE I FORGOT THE NAME OF

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I have a miata and I want a non flashy head unit so that no-one comes and cuts my soft top or breaks my windows just because I want to have an SD card or USB dongle loaded with SEB in my car.

You guys are getting more autistic than anyone in here, no one is making you post in this thread ya know

Not to mention I didn't say that I want a cheap one specifically, I just don't want the 1500 dollar Sony one that posted lol

My bad, i just read the thread title and posted that one lol.

>$800,000,000

I have over 1k in my car for car audio alone. You can see inside, but everything still looks stock because I know how to install the speakers without making new holes. The only thing aftermarket is the head unit, which is indistinguishable in style from a 60€ head unit from Pioneer despite it being a 160€ unit. Still take the faceplate off when parking outside though.

>400€ amp for subs
>300€ in 2 15" subs
>160€ 4ch amp for speakers
>200€ front speakers
>100€ rear speakers
>150€ AGM battery in the rear
>something something 1 or 1.5 farad condensator

And this is in a sub 1k car because I'm a huge faggot. In hindsight, I could have used the money a bit smarter. Pic related.

Guess what guys. All of these radios look aftermarket - therefore trashy.

Except these two

>IF ITS NOT THE BEST THEN ITS THE WORST!!!!
>YOU CANT HAVE ANYTHING LESS THAN THE ABSOLUTE BEST THING WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY!!!!!
>NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO SPEAKERS WITH SOUND COMING FROM THEM UNLESS ITS TOP OF THE LINE!!!!
>OTHERWISE ITS JUST NOISE, NOT SOUND!!!!

you're good senpai, at least you were trying to be helpful

So take the faceplate off if you park outside?

gonsidering that i live in an apartment complex, that'd be pretty annoying to have to do every time I get in and out of my car famalam.

>top of the line
>spend 500€ on a commercial unit for looks
>don't spend 150€ on a standard full-feature unit and maybe 100€ on new front speakers for a more refined experience
>top of the line

>spend $10 and acheive the same result.
Go ahead. Sperg out motherfucker.

>implies 15W is enough to drive any 5" speaker to its potential throughout the spectrum without getting massive clipping and distortion
>same result
go ahead and tell yourself that. Pee-pee amplifier boy.

>sperged as predicted
Hahahahahaha

Admit I am correct.

Sorry youre not.
But keep sperging.
Its entertaining.

>Why are these faggots even asking these questions

They do care, but they want as plain a front as possible so their cars don't get broken into by spics or niggers. Most mexicans don't act like spics. And there are still some blacks that don't act like niggers.

Unfortunately, the criminals are what force us to have plain ugly stereo fronts and to make these compromises. Sure, some of the people in the thread weren't articulate enough to pre-address or pre-anticipate your anger. So they didn't post any bloglike explanation why avoiding flashy rice is so bad. Or maybe they didn't want to sound racist.

I went the other way. I got my flashy unit but used stealth to hide it. That means THROWING LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY at the problem. I didn't like that, but I was fortunate to have a career job. Even with stealth, I still find hand prints or greasy face marks on my side windows. There's the occasionally greasy door handle from their dirty hands trying to open the door. After dirty doorhandle, I use wetwipe to clean my hands before touching my steering wheel. They prolly pick their ass with bare hands.

They check out my car at shopping malls and store parking lots. Damn, the criminals are bolder and more desperate nowadays. If I had rice, my windows would be broken. I am sure of it. So I avoid rice strongly due to criminals. Damn, why can't we just execute all the criminals making life so sucky and expensive? I want to have a car and stereo in peace.

You're a lazy motherfucker i live in an apartment complex filled with hobos and drug addicts and i have a FULL Alpine sound system. I always take off the face plate, i leave it on if im going to drive in a bit though, since i have guns and i park like 20ft from my house. Its really not that hard, your just making it sound harder than you think in your head. It becomes a routine by like the 3rd day.

That doesn't do a fucking thing. New face plates are really easy to come by.

I live in California and criminals are loved and more important here than the working class. It sounds like bullshit i know but its true i promise you. Liberals love criminal scum. Idk exactly why but it just is how it is

Yes. Wear the connectors out on your face plate so you have to buy a new every couple of years or a whole new unit when we discontinue it in 3 months. Whichever comes first.

I am tho. Ask anyone.

If you have something made in the last 10 years put fresh walmart speakers in it and run the factory head unit so some nigger doesn't smash your shit up.

You're just making excuses now. I live in i guarantee THE MOST GHETTO NEIGHBORHOOD ON Veeky Forums and my headunit has not been stolen yet (2years) i take my faceplate with me. Criminals tryna make a quick buck don't want to waste their time looking for the correct faceplate, that can cost money and time for them. Just get a cheap alarm that has a visible flashing LED, and don't be a pussy when it comesto confrontation. I had to pull out my 12 gauge on a couple of motherfuckers tinkering with my truck before. After that they all know not to touch my truck. You can literally hear them say
> Don't fuck with that truck that nigga will shoot you"
Pic related was taken 2 seconds ago. The homeless all live in our parking lots. That little truck pictured is one of there svraps they sell at metal yards and shit.

On my silverado its the same story. Its a cheap JVC headunit form walmart that we've had for a good 5 years and it has zero problems. Why do you keep spewing bullshit?

I don't believe you. If you pulled a 12 gauge on a dindu you'd be in jail.

>tripfag seeking attention
gee who would have guessed

No that's a remote display for my radar detector you idiot.

I use a 50x50x100w 2.1 amp board that is those two knobs

They didn't fucking report it, they're crackheads you think theyed call the police? It was 2am and me and my buddy were chilling at my house and i heard some noises outside (i was in the shitter ) i looked outside and i saw some nigga climbing into the bed of my truck. I went outside and racked the shotgun as loud as possible and those niggas all scattered (it was 3 of them) just because you live in the basement and have never had any confrontations in your life doesn't mean other people have faggot. This story is 100% true take it or leave i don't care. They weren't dindus they were mexicans btw

wow, this actually doesnt look like trash
my salary cant arrive soon enough

Literally overpriced meme shit for gullible audiophiles.

If I wanted to pay that much for a premium hi-fi stereo, The last place I'd want to put it is in a fucking car.

> replacing head unit
> anything but double din touch screen

Why pay out the ass for a few more watts and bluetooth when for a bit more you can get a touch screen unit with even more watts and potential for nav

I do the majority of my music listening in the car. Not the audiophile (pretentious elitist) poster, but a stereo with more power is necessary over stock in a lot of cases. Also stock speaker arrangement can be simple and missing certain ranges

>Wear the connectors out on your face plate so you have to buy a new every couple of years or a whole new unit when we discontinue it in 3 months.

It has a million cycle test rating. If I remove it once or twice a day, that is either 2 or 4 cycles per day. I will run out of years and die before then. The real problem is dropping it. So I always put it into a faceplate container BEFORE i leave the car. It's a rule I have and is 2nd nature now. I don't take the faceplate out until I am in the car with doors locked.

It's summer now so it's not so convenient. I miss winter when I can wear my jacket with the cellphone pocket inside. I put the faceplate case in that nice pocket. Teh cellphone is in the music player pocket. If it vibrates, I take out the bluetooth earpiece and put in the ear and press button. Good to go. When done, back into the pocket. Inobtrusive and I don't look like a target most of the time.

>he wants moar RMS
>gets 2din instead of an amp
Shoutings laughter why even waste the money? You're going to use the HU just as a thingie to input sound from your phone anyway, why does it need to be touchscreen 2din?

I have no problem with 2din touchscreen, but unless you are incorporating more than just audio, 2din is waste of money spent on something better to enhance the listening experience.

Because they generally look out of place when installed and have a bunch of features idgaf about.
If I want navigation I'll just use my smartphone and a windshield mount.

It's not out of want for more rms, it's because from what I've seen if you're buying brand new right now double din seems like a better value.
Also I like to run the front speakers off the head unit because running speaker wires is a piat

I'm speaking more about the individual sony unit itself. It costs a whopping $1500 just by itself with no amplifier to boot.

It would only make sense to purchase this unit if you already had a comprehensive car stereo system setup already or plan on buying/setting up one.

>I don't believe you. If you pulled a 12 gauge on a dindu you'd be in jail.

Even when breaking into your car, you almost cannot aim a gun at the car thieves or else you are charged with a crime. We don't have a stand your ground law here. So Black Lives Matter will file a racism suit against you if they ever see you use the word "dindu" on social media or any forum post. BLM has done a lot to offset the pro-gun culture here and made it somewhat dangerous for gun owners due to expensive lawsuits.

You see, BLM doesn't pay for the lawsuits. The federal gov't does. So you are spending your own money to fight the anti-racism laws. You will probably win in the end, but it will cost you many thousands of dollars. BLM knows that, and by making poster child examples of many gun owners, it has made fighting crime difficult here.

Please re-read your home insurance policy. Some will cover you if you are committing a crime. Some will not cover your lawsuit expenses if you are convicted of a felony of which hate crime qualifies. So if BLM succeeds in punishing you for your firearm brandish, you might actually lose the car and your house in order to pay off both the lawsuit and compensation money to the dindus. That's because we are NOT a stand your ground state. If we were, then my example is wrong.

In my gun safety and home defense course, we were taught to be sure that we were legal. I cannot shoot someone on or in my car just for that. I would be convicted of manslaughter. If they found "dindu" in my social media posts, it could be upgraded to murder.

Nah man, running wires in any car is an afternoon and a little bit of DIY spirit, just did a Saab 9-3 SS last friday, I don't get what the fuss is about.

I know it was illegal. My whole family gave me shit for doing it when i told them. But i was outnumbered i never pointed it at them. I just racked it really hard and kept it at low ready. I still see then around and they try to be all friendly with me now.

You're a pussy then. Kill niggers every day.

You did nothing wrong. I know a guy who heard racket in his yard and when his car alarm went off, he loaded his glock from his nightstand and went out naked with a flashlight looking for whoever broke in. This alone could have gotten him prisoned and made him lose his guns, rank and life, but everyone who ever heard of it considered it to have been the right thing to do. In this world we should have the legal right to kill people intruding on and breaking the law on our property. Niggers have ruined the world.

Thank you, California is cancer. I'm already saving up money, and fixing up all the things in my truck to move my ass to Utah or any other stand your ground state before 2018 (long before 2018 i hope) By 2018 my AR-15 will become an assualt rifle. So um outtie. Plus in tired of these criminals getting away with everything here. Criminals and homeless are LOVED here in California whilst the people working and supporting their own are considered Crazy for not allowing these scum to do what they want because "poor people just tryna get by however they can" fuck you people, stop doing drugs and get a job pieces of shit. Sorry my autism flared up, I'm just fucking tired of this shit...

No, you're a fucking autistic idiot.

Wait a second there sonny boy, you're the one who is challenging Ohm's and Joule's law, but I'm the idiot?

Try again, retard

sup interor bro

we are interior bros

Also, do you know what the slots are for in the shitty box over the AC controls?

I didn't say anything about Ohm's or Joule's laws.

I'm talking about you, personally, as a human being. You're a fucking autistic idiot. 50 years ago you would've been institutionalized for your own safety and given Thorazine every time you started ranting and foaming at the mouth. 100 years ago and older you'd have sperged out at the wrong person about their horse saddle or the wheels on their Model T and they'd have simply shot you.

If you're merely pretending to be an autistic retard, you should go work in Hollywood because you're putting on a masterful performance.

How's that? All I'm saying is that your pee-pee amp is useless and completely inferior choice to what the open market has to offer. You're the one here who has cognitive bias and is upset because I called you gay little mosfet doohicky useless in car audio.

>Wait a second there sonny boy
You should stop responding to the troll that keeps posting the high distortion tiny amplifier. He's either troll #2 or troll #3 that makes up the three troll sociopath group which including alphonse that posts the smiling or laughing faces. #2 and #3 like to post triggers and then use unilateral straw man insults. That seems to be their regular style. There's a different troll that likes one liners, but it's rare, so he's probably just one of those people blowing off steam after a difficult day.

These are sociopaths. The kind that poison things that other people like just to see others squirm. They might be hardcore druggies in real life or have some other impediment for success like a felony conviction, so they dump their hate on Veeky Forums. These sociopaths don't do well on moderated forums due to ban, and less well when they try to change numbers on wikipedia to be wrong because if they consistently do that, they can actually be arrested (the FBI has actually been called into homeland security cases because wikipedia is a valuable resource on which people actually do make use of numbers) due to potential harm if people use deliberately sabotaged info.

Now, if only Hiiro would cooperate and release the IP addresses for the trolls and alphonse to those here who can prove they are admins and mods of other major forums. We would crosscheck IP addresses and look for posting styles and narrow down online user names and finally their ISP accounts. That would stop what little of free speech occurs on Veeky Forums though. Look how stealerships erase their names from yelp and major forum sites with lawyer talk. Veeky Forums is one of the few places where even a dealer name can be mentioned as a stealership without the poster being prosecuted by the dealer for libel. And the only proof it is stealership would be a court conviction and that is pretty scanty. So stealerships continue to get away with coverups.

I have a pioneer deh-x8700. It does have a bit of the puerto rican look and feel but if you want something that doesn't you have to get either a marine unit (be sure to check it has the regular connections on tbe back), a heavy duty truck unit ($$$) or something from small unknown manufacturers which I can never find any good reviews for and always forget the names of.

>he thinks its a troll
>he hasnt even heard the amp play music
>he has no idea what he is saying
Wew

That's all plastic though, no? I fucking hate faux metal looks. Rugged/good plastic like pic related looks a jillion times better. I have no idea why the big manufacturers insist on using the cheap shitty flimsy plastics, I can't imagine the good stuff would cost more than $10 in added manufacturing cost. I'd gladly pay $30 more for good materials.

Pic related costs $360 unfortunately

>pioneer DEH X
YES

i have a old one they are great

I'm not tiny amp bro. You said "ask anyone". Maybe it sounds like shit, maybe it doesn't - I've never used it.

You're useless both on Veeky Forums and in real life. Please kill yourself - the sooner, the better. It'll make your mom happy not to carry plates of tendies down to the basement anymore.

I might be a sociopath. I don't shitpost on the regular though. Duckposter is Chris-chan levels of autism though.

This looks pretty awful (although it'll be massively improved if you can get all the shitty logos off)

Yeah the logos ruin the look a bit. But the plastic is "honest", if you know what I mean. It doesn't try to be glass or metal.

>$800,000,000

It might as well be. It's like putting gold leaf on a pizza then trying to charge $500 for it. I'm never going to pay that much so it might as well be infinity dollars.

>ebay.com/itm/Kienzle-MCR-1016BT-Autoradio-mit-SD-USB-AUX-Bluetooth-ohne-CD-Player-MCR1016-BT-/330593087790?hash=item4cf8e2312e
>no subwoofer output
>no HPF
>no LPF
So close.