I am going to walk into a car dealership and say, "Give me your cheapest car, please."

I am going to walk into a car dealership and say, "Give me your cheapest car, please."

Which dealership am I headed to? Who offers THE best base model, manual, simple car?

Jetta? Corolla? Civic?

if you want something cheap why would you go to a dealership

this

I'm assuming you're american.
So I don't know for real, but for us is the Mazda 2 or Honda Fit, maybe try those?

Please don't start with the $3,000 Civic stuff. I asked specifically about a new car.

What you just posted is equivalent to replying to, "What's the best fast food hamburger?" with:

>Well, if you want good food, you should go to a 3-star Michelin restaurant!

Honda fit
Toyota yaris
Mazda2
Ford Fiesta
Chevy spark
Mitsubishi mirage
Nissan Versa Note

All of these are their bottom-tier cars. Look for a previous year model in an unpopular color, maybe even a "demo model".

i didnt mention anything about hamburgers
if you want a cheap car dont go to a place designed to make you pay more than a car is actually worth

You can buy a brand new Nissan Versa S sedan in Virginia for $7500 right now.

No it's more answering "what's the best ready meal" with "you can get a much better meal for the same cost if you cook yourself"

BMW the 228i is fantastic

you didn't ask about a new car thought
you just said cheapest car

Actually, you didn't specifically ask about a new car. I don't see the word new in your original post at all.

Everything you said after the new car comment is incoherent and illustrates why you are stupid enough to be limited to the cheapest of cheap.

>someone will really spend 10k on a plastic shitbox with manual windows, no vanity mirrors, no interior lights just because it's new

Well, if it wasn't derailed by "3k civic," it was derailed by pedantry. You know what I was implying.

Thanks to the people who tried to answer. I'll look into those models.

you know poor people buy these
because they need a cheap reliable car nothing more

>God I really love paying $10,000 for a brand spanking new Nissan Note
>I'm so much smarter than those idiots that buy faster, more efficent and more comfortable cars for half the price

True. That's a valid point and worth the money.
But god damn... transportation is not cheap.

So buy a 10 year old civic for a quarter of the price

Literally the only reason to buy a new economy car is because you can't scrape together $3000 for a used civic

>pedantry
are the words cheapest and new synonymous in whatever universe you live in?

Kia Rios are cheap as fuck. It can be very basic no automatic locks or windows. It probably comes in stick

have fun at the stealership

This is literally the automotive "install gentoo." Guess what, I want to buy my computer at Best Buy, as it were. That's my decision with my personal money that I earned.

I didn't ask what you would do, unless you want to buy the vehicle for me.

Not everyone is as invested in searching for the perfect used vehicle as yourself. It's not a matter of intelligence or fiscal responsibility. It's simply my preference.

>tell people you want to eat shit
>get surprised when people tell you that isnt a good idea

>GOD I JUST LOVE EATING SHIT AND YOU CANT STOP ME

We're not telling you not to, we're calling you a fucking moron for making an objectively stupid decision

>at the shop every 3 months
>looks and feels like shit

Hey im a Macbook Pro die hard but even I buy CPO vehicles

>I have no idea how to inspect a used vehicle and do not know how to use youtube
>I also have no concept of a wrench nor how to use simple hand tools

Do you also phone a handyman to put up a shelf, and hire a maid to wash your dishes?

I mentioned a dealership specifically.

I think it's safe to assume I wasn't asking strangers about the hypothetical used trade-in inventory of my local dealership.

By process of elimination, that leaves the new inventory.

>every single person in the world should be able do these things just to buy a commuter
Stupid logic. A person is better off spending 10k on a new or newish shitbox than a 3-5k older shitbox prone to problems

>I should go my entire life never learning basic life skills because it would take a modicum of effort and half an hour a month

>I said dealership
>EXCEPT NO USED CARS FROM DEALERSHIPS EVEN THOUGH THEY FIT WHAT I AM ASKING FOR
what the fuck do you want dude go out and buy your 15k plastic shitbox with button covers already

Hyundai
You'll get an Accent with a radio, a 5 speed thats it
no power anything
Or if you're like me and live in Canada. You go to Nissan dealer and get a micra
all in they cost about 10 500, which is cheaper than the Accent, better built too.
t. Hyundai employee

Appraising a used car is a life skill?

It's okay to have a hobby that you enjoy. It's odd to assume all 7 billion other people on the planet care as much as yourself.

>Who offers THE best base model, manual, simple car?
Nissan. Versa. Sedan.
Literally the cheapest new car you can buy.

IIRC, even the radio is an option.

>stop disliking what I like!

Being able to look at a car and say "yep that's a piece of shit" is a basic life skill, yes

You don't need to be a master mechanic, but you should be able to tell when a hose is about to break, or that the car having no service history is probably a bad thing

>STOP HAVING HOBBIES, NO ONE SHOULD HAVE FUN EVER
>YOU SHOULD ALL BE MISERABLE AND POOR LIKE ME

if youre too stupid to check for rust and the usual problems with used cars, why are you on Veeky Forums?
theres no /mechanicallyimpaired/ general, so what the fuck are you doing here?

No. You get a Micra.
They're even cheaper than the versa sedan
they start under 10k

Micra isn't available in Amerifat. And with no options, period, a Versa sedan base is under 10k.

My mom has one
Shit has fucking roll up windows

What's your price range?

If you get a good one you'll have one unexpected repair a year. Brakes, suspension, fluids, spark plugs and coils are all wear items. You buy a civic for 3k, spend a few hundred bucks each have year tops, you'll be ahead of buying a shitty new car that loses half it's value in 5 years. This allows you to save and buy a newer, nicer, non-econobox car next time.

Damn
here in Canada they start at 9988 CAD
which is 7.6k USD
they're cheap and basic, i know a couple people who bought them as winter beaters

>implying roll up windows are bad

There you are OP, hop across the border and buy a Nissan Versa

Then you can love your BRAND NEW $7000 shitbox, with no options, no radio, manual windows, minimal insulation (for max road noise) and a WHOPPING NINTEY SEVEN HORSEPOWER

honda fit is good if you're fat.

More like answering "where can I buy a good hot dog around here?" with "go buy a pack of them from Costco, they're just as good as anywhere else and you can get ten for the same price"