What's more autistic?

What's more autistic?

Shifting from 3rd to 2nd to 1st before stopping, or
Driving an automatic because it's "faster" in a straight line and gently coasting to a stop

>tfw downshift to stop

My heel toe is perfect, but my upshifts will forever be shit

how is that even possible

Making this thread is far and away the most autistic thing.

I'm impatient

Enjoy your future knee surgery Manuel cucks

why?

Studies suggest ~60% of people who drive Manuels will develop fucked up clutch knee

studies suggest 100% of automatic drivers are cucks

Wouldn't driving an automatic fuck up your right knee?

W.e faggot when you're old and in a wheel chair you're going to rage seeing g gramps in his wrx taking the sluts for a cruise

an automatic wrx?
lol

>Flexing your foot to use the clutch
>not stomping and sidestepping

Readjust your chair and clutch-grinding habits

You don't have to shift all the way down to a stop, I rarely downshift below 3rd gear unless i'm coming fast off a highway ramp to a stop.

Why couldn't that fucker even trim the nubs off the fingers jeezus this triggers me. If hes going to battle damage the damn thing a few minutes with some sandpaper wouldn't be so hard

>downshifting into 1st gear

I just downshift as the speed-limit drops and put it into neutral if I'm coming up on a stop. I drive a lightweight sedan, not an 18 wheeler. Brake pads are expendable.

>What's more autistic?
Not running the red light because you are a pussy.
When in doubt, Flat out.

>drive on any gear with manual
>predict stop
>put in neutral
>control stopping solely by brake pedal
???

Fuck you.

i said this to my father as well before i tried this method and im liking it so far.

>distant light turns yellow
>coast in gear til rpms reach idle
>clutch in to neutral
>you've saved gas
>profit

Not all cars cut fuel while coasting, so that doesn't apply to all, but most modern cars do.

Translation:
>a faster wrx? lol

Yes

I downshift every from every gear till I get to the stop, and gently push the brake for 0.1ms to fully stop. My shitbox has no problem with that you autistic piece of fucking steaming bullshit of an OPs whore mom

i heard rolling in neutral saves very and very little, almost unnoticeable, amount of fuel

Do people actually downshift before they stop? I usually just coast in whatever gear I'm in while gently petting the brakes until the RPMs drop bellow 1000 at which point I pop in neutral.

I've heard a few people saying that an instructor forced them to do it every time when they were getting their licence.
So maybe some people that don't know much about driving do it because they were taught to.

>see you'll need to stop
>cut gas
>revs drop
>clutch in + brake + neutral

as someone who has drivers license for 3 months only, i can tell you its true. my driver instructor didnt let me roll in neutral, reason is because car become somewhat unstable, especially rolling downhill

It doesn't.
A couple if months ago my exhaust fell off and my car ended up basically straight piped.

I found out that when coasting downhill it doesn't matter if you're in gear or neutral.
Both times the exhaust note is quiet, even though the engine is spinning at four times the RPM when in gear.

This means that when you coast in gear, no extra fuel is actually going into the engine and you are just going on built up momentum.
If it were using fuel, a lot more sound would be coming out of the exhaust.

wut. You still steer as normal, you can still brake as normal. It's just a more lazy way of going to a complete stop, as long as you know you are going to a complete stop. It also saves a little bit of gas by the fact you aren't using any on rev matching.

Cops where I live are huge assholes aboutred lights and take advantage of the fact that they change from green to red absurdly quickly.

I have ~$500 in red light running tickets, now I just go under the speed limit when around these lights and just slam on the brakes when they turn yellow.

I failed my first driving test for coasting in neutral to a light.

Downshifting is the proper way. Its a good habit to pick up.
Slowing down using the brakes only is a stupid thing.

You dont ever need to downshift to first though. Thats only for starting from a dead stop.

When slowing to a dead stop from 5th I brake while in gear then shift into 3rd and continue braking. When 3rd is about to stall I use the clutch and keep on the brakes. You can use just the brakes when you're going slow.

If I have a long stretch to slow down I go down trough all the gears and let the car slow naturally.

In an emergency when I need to stop quick I go into second.
If a corner is coming I go into third.

I bet you also double clutch in cars with synchronised tranny

I don't.

just asking this question is autistic enough

in my country ze police (gestapo) take away your Driver's License and you have to suck refugee cock

I read once that somewhere in Europe they had purposely shortened the yellow light to get more red light ticket revenue. They got busted and got in pretty big trouble.

You wear your brakes more

>Not meme shifting just because you can.

Why even drive?

i just put it in neutral because i'm bored of changing gears
next car is going to be auto

what if I downshift my automatic before stopping

>what's more autistic, driving properly for your transmission or driving properly for your transmission?
This is why Veeky Forums is shit. It's like /v/ here.

That's only partly accurate. AWD in natural do become less responsive but most people don't care. I know I don't what it saves me at the pumps over the years is worth a little less stability for a few seconds. In a straight line it's hard if not impossible to tell but toss a AWD into a tight turn in neutral then again under power you'll see. There's a reason you drive by throttle in AWD. FWD and RWD don't seem to care but can't comment on it for sure as I've always had open diff's in those to...

eventually, /v/ ruins every board

wait, I've been driving manuel for just over a year now, but I've just coasted in neutral to brake desu

So I'm supposed to brake, downshift to fourth, while still braking or just engine braking? Then when the revs get low, downshift again to third, etc?

Do I just rev match, or heel toe? send help i want to learn to drive better

A lot of people say coasting in neutral is dangerous because you get less control, so i wouldnt do it that way.
What i usually do if i need to slow down quickly for a roundabout or something, is just brake and shift into third when the speed matches the gear.

implying clutch doesnt wear out

the proper way to brake (told by my driving instructor):
>if drive 40km/h and above (i.e. 3rd gear and higher)
>start appyling brakes without touching anything else
>continue pressing brake until its enough for your or your situation
>if its not a dead stop, you just put in fitting gear and continue driving
>if its a dead stop then proceed braking until you reach 30km/h and below (basically car starts rattling) then apply clutch and continue braking with clutch pressed
>when youre close to object in front of you (or rolling at

>what's more autistic?

This thread

driving with pressed clutch is the same as coasting in neutral, except you're wearing out more your clutch
your instructior is a fucking idiot

> .... then apply clutch and continue braking with clutch pressed
>when youre close to object in front of you (or rolling at

You press the clutch only when the engine is about to stall.
And no, it won't hurt the clutch. Neither will keeping your clutch in at the traffic lights.

The thrust bearing can handle hundreds of thousands of miles and it almost never fails before the actual clutch or pressure plate do.

I guess the most autistic thing would be to shitpost on Veeky Forums about something stupid and trivial

I like how we never see manual drivers shitpost autos.

But sour grapes auto cuck posters will get so butthurt about their inability to the point of shitposting on some Taiwanese Doraemon BBS.

Auto posters, how does it feel to know that even women can do something you're too stupid to do?

Try double clutching you impatient son of a bitch

>The thrust bearing can handle hundreds of thousands of miles and it almost never fails before the actual clutch or pressure plate do.

'Throwout' bearings are designed for intermittent use only. If it's all the same to you, I'd rather slip it into neutral and give the clutch a rest.

There's shitposting from both "sides" but it's mainly just one or two autistic fucks who have never even sat in a driver's seat in their life false-flagging.

>What's more autistic?
Coming to a Mongolian cave drawing board asking questions like "What's more autistic?" when you get butthurt about something you don't like.

I mostly made this thread to see how butthurt other people would get actually

It's a ukrainian horse deoderant forum and you will check your privilege you fucking silly willy.

The second. I don't give a shit about the convenience of automatic, or whatever DCT transmissions do. But it takes a special sort of fag to insist his slushbox is for performance.

>HAHA I was only pretending to be retarded! Take the b8 m8 XDDDDD

>Shifting from 3rd to 2nd to 1st before stopping

No one fucking does this. That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Go learn to drive then come back.

Automatics don't even do this.

I normally just coast in neutral and apply brakes as needed to stop. I only downshift through all the gears when I'm just bored.

Yes they do. What kind of fucked up automatic transmissions have you been driving?

kek, I used to do the 3rd-2nd-1st before stopping. Now 3rd is the lowest I go, neutral the rest of the way.

>he doesn't heel toe revmatch all the way down to first 100% of the time

if you're engine is running while in neutral then it is definitely using fuel.

the most autistic thing is driving with power steering

How about I just get a hella light flywheel and stall every day forever

>clutch knee

I've never heard of anyone getting this that wasn't an old school trucker. Most people don't drive antique 10 speed 18 wheelers and adjust their seats so they can properly stomp on the clutch, so, if anything, operating the gas and brake is going to stress your right knee the most.

Ha jokes on you my knees already fucked up

>tfw my car cuts ignition instead

The crackling on engine braking and gunshot-esque backfires are worth it