What would you rather have for $15,000:

What would you rather have for $15,000:

Lexus LS430 with 100,000 miles

or

Brand new entry level econobox

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/675496854/overview/
autotrader.nl/klassieker/lexus-ls/1996/helmond/735nx/lexus-ls-ls400-600-pk-zeer-snelle-auto/
youtube.com/watch?v=dCTGHurWA1c
carmax.com/cars/lexus/ls-430/2006/13151180
clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-present/729449-ls430-vs-ls460.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you can get 430s with less miles for half that price

oh, cool, show me one. sounds like a great deal.

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/675496854/overview/

Miata

Nice. All the ones that cheap around here are abused and sold by shady Al's Car Mart type places.

Change the Lexus for a W124 and it's a deal.

Something to consider with cars in this mileage range is that the timing belt is scheduled for 90k and it's not cheap. Based on if it was done or not, you may be paying the price difference soon after you buy it.

keep in mind normies rule the market, new and used

normies see a used car and think it'll be unreliable, see it as "too old"

a normie would absolutely buy a brand new fucking nissan versa note shitstain instead of an Ls430, even though the LS will probably be cheaper to maintain honestly

>>you can get 430s with less miles for half that price
>>cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/675496854/overview/

'01-03's are pretty undesirable. '03-06 is what you want. i also guarantee that vehicle needs a timing belt so tack $1k onto it.

i picked up an '06 with 105k for $11k.

>>a normie would absolutely buy a brand new fucking nissan versa note shitstain instead of an Ls430, even though the LS will probably be cheaper to maintain honestly

for sure. after the timing belt, my 430 has cost me nothing but oil and filters.

I wouldn't want either for 15k desu senpai.
I'll take a slightly rusty W202 for 1800 every day though.

07 is more desirable my dude

lexi
100k miles is nothing

I'd rather have ls400 for 1k and blow the rest bags and wheels

lexus

they are just simply amazing even after 10+ years
tires are expensive though

I'll take an old ls400 with 100k miles and keep the money left over for whisky

1k? More like $2500 for the dealer to do it.

07 isn't a 430. The 460 was built more to a cost than the 400 and 430.

Would you like an expensive luxury car for a budget price or a brand new econobox with considerably less manteinance expenses?

Only a retarded american can ask stupid questions like this.

Wildcard: 600hp single turbo LS400 for 12500 EUR (approx 14K USD).

autotrader.nl/klassieker/lexus-ls/1996/helmond/735nx/lexus-ls-ls400-600-pk-zeer-snelle-auto/

You can have the mintiest of minty LS400 for 10K, with low miles, the exact color you'd want (I'd go for green or blue with a black interior), with factory air. You'd probably have to replace the bags and get a controller, but you'd be set after that.

I wonder how much a modern transmission swap like a ZF8HP or 8L90 would cost. The stock four speed is the only thing that's keeping me away.

Only a Euro would think luxury cars are meant to break constantly. As if German and Italian QC/QA incompetence was a feature of luxury.

Friend bought one of these as a dd while he 1jz swaps his 240. Shit is soo comfy.

any source for that? I looked at both LS460s and LS430s and they were equal in comfort but the 460 had more power and some modern tech.

>looking up the timing belt procedure on youtube
>it's basically just pulling the bumper and some cooling system bits
what, that's it? why is this $1k?

Because this is Veeky Forums these kids have never touched a wrench in their lives let alone know how to work on cars. Just look at this thread "I want an old luxury car from a stealership at 10k USD when I could get the same car on Craigslist for 3-4k"

the thing is with cars like this, people want to see a signed maintenance log, at least for the major milestone services

saying "i did it myself, youtube taught me" will not impress potential future buyers

I would rather spend $5k on a clean civic and spend some of the remaining money on mods + a nice dinner/date

youtube.com/watch?v=dCTGHurWA1c
alright, it's actually decently involved, but probably still a weekend job and a couple hundred bucks in belts and tensioners

why are 01-03 undesirable?

I almost picked up an almost-new versa S from a buyers remorse case (guy is fat).

Was I right to pass it up?

Not the Lexus, so boring. Econobox isn't viable option either.

I remember reading that the versa was the most regrettable car purchase in the last few years (don't know if I worded that right but hopefully you know what I mean)

My friend drives on and hates it.

I dig.
I don't feel so bad now. The car itself was already covered in crumbs and the like, and smelled like stale food after only maybe half a year. The disgust kind of drove me away, even though a weekend of cleaning should have gotten rid of most of the nasty bits.

Lexus has an online maintenance log now, so you dont even have to keep records if you get it done at the dealer

carmax.com/cars/lexus/ls-430/2006/13151180

I know you laugh at Carmax, but seriously, this is a new car, right? With nearly 250k miles left on it?

Would you?

yehhhh buddy well-maintained Lexacunt KKKlub

lookin "mature" as fuck until i turn on the purple LED DRLs and illegal HIDz

Lexi are inherently seen as safe conservative "boring" cars so you gotta have some edgy flair, fine balance so you don't look TOO tacky/cheap but still something to look not 100% decaying grandpa body rolling over in grave

k? More like $2500 for the dealer to do it.

nah a toyota dealership will do it for $750-1k or you can have a local shop do it. it's an easy job and toyota dealerships have enough experiencing doing belts on other UZ blocks that they'd be able to handle it just fine.

>>what, that's it? why is this $1k?

it's a 4-6 hour job. i paid $750 to have it done at a local shop for parts + labor, which i thought was pretty reasonable.

>>why are 01-03 undesirable?

the LS430 was refreshed for '04-06 with an updated front end with HIDs, a knee airbag, and a 6 speed automatic instead of a 5 speed. it's just as reliable but looks a lot better, is a little more efficient and a little faster because of the 6 speed. look up pictures of the '01-03 and then '04-06 and you'll be able to tell them apart instantly, and just about everyone thinks the refreshed model looks much better.

C5

ls430
Sure 100k sucks but having had 7 Lexus's in my ownership I know I can count on them with just regular maintanence, and that build quality, ride quality, everything quality. I've rode in some new shitboxes and shit literally doesn't compare to even a 1999 Lexus any model

Fuck I wanted a face lifted (pre face lifted is fine too) ls400 for the longest time

clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-present/729449-ls430-vs-ls460.html

This whole thread. There's not a huge difference, but it's noticeable.