/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 21th:
1217 – Livonian Crusade: The Estonian leader Lembitu and Livonian leader Kaupo the Accursed are killed in Battle of Matthew's Day.
1792 – French Revolution: The National Convention declares France a republic and abolishes the absolute monarchy.
1860 – Second Opium War: An Anglo-French force defeats Chinese troops at the Battle of Palikao.
1896 – Mahdist War: British forces under the command of Horatio Kitchener takes Dongola in the Sudan.
1937 – J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit is published.

>News
CK2 - DD23
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-23-more-rules-less-lunatics.968680/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdB6HUf9ewMGJNAuJP99jm1k7hRu-gvEODUH71vr4wOsPQu1w/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=9We-55z-1Fk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

threadly reminder that there's literally nothing wrong with international communism

New ck2 patch when

who likes hearts of iron 4?

Absolutely based.

>Dongola
haha lol

Hey lads, remember me? I'm making the final adjustments.

On a side note, I've saved over 50 times while making this and used over 1100 console commands to pull this out.

So what's the appropriate choice here as India?

Threadly reminder that bosnia is white and based

Leddit survey, you know what to do lads
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdB6HUf9ewMGJNAuJP99jm1k7hRu-gvEODUH71vr4wOsPQu1w/viewform

>Habsburgs reclaim Constantinople while based Persia cleanses the entire ME of Sunni filth
MUH
FUGGEN
DICK

Sure I do, I just told them of you asking us to raid their poll.

Does it counts as incest if it's not officially my daughter?

Only the most holy animal can defeat hell

>only savescumming 50 times
Get on my level fag

>Roman Republic in 1066
The REAL Romans did it all the way back in 509BC. Try again until you aren't this pathetic

POO IN THE LOO

poo in big loo

>what gender do you identify as?
dropped there. my fault for following something that was reddit related though.

Nice falseflag attempt, discordgroup.

Reminder that R&I is a severely autistic and obsessed NEET, he seriously needs to seek psychological help of some kind, although preferably he should just be euthanized humanely.

He has been doing this months or years now: prepare /gsg/ threads every day, update them all the time, constantly check the current thread so he can make his own one about 20 posts early and then post the signature reply "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" which makes no sense since it's an oxymoron.

Just think about it, think about all the effort he's investing in a shitty general that could easily be maintained by just about anyone else, not to mention that pretty much everyone here hates him.

And he does this every day, multiple times a day even. Sometimes he does miss threads, but it's still ridiculously obsessive.

As I'm posting this he probably has already prepared a thread for later today and is anxiously waiting for this thread to reach the bumplimit so he can continue the cycle as always. He's clearly a NEET who probably hasn't done anything worth of any note in months or years, so he can afford to do this 24/7.

What a sad creature. Please put him out of his misery, anyone. No one deserves to live like this.

I am the High King of Autism.

Can't get myself to start anything in CK2, because firstly I plan the game on paper and set goals for my dynasty. I'm super concerned about realism even though the game is going to be an alternative universe, I just have to decide the point I cut the history and make it my own.

I really want to have a difficult game, but at the same time, have control over Europe. I think I can't have both.

I have planned my game for 6 hours now and I have achieved absolutely nothing, I just know a bit more about Eric Bloodaxe and Zunism. God damn I hate this. I really love to play but I can't even figure out a realistic and cool name for my dynasty. It bothers me so much that I can't create cadet brances because when I change culture, I want to start a new dynasty. I do some console jumps with add_trait bastard and play char_id, but it's still annoying because again, I have autism. pls help

I want cool and realistic dynasty names for norse, norman and english characters and it fits them all without having to change it mid-game.

pic unrelated

the real romans were warmongering criminals

Lads whats the HPM command for converting pops culture?

Some stout rope and a chair should effectively solve all the problems you're having .

Why is slavery immoral?

because jesus says so

Have you even read the bible?

>playing norse, norman and english characters
Threadly reminder that if you haven't restored the Persian empire with at least Karen, you should go kill yourself.

morality is pointless to ponder on

slavery is a poor basis on which to build a state

>not restoring it as Zunbil

epic meme faith

>restoring
Zunbils never went outside of their shitty afghan holdings user
not to mention it's easy as shit

>there are people in this thread that would claim that egalitarianism isn't one of the basic tenants of christanity just because they're edgy /pol/tards that want to own niggers

wew

Poland always grabs the TO lands I need before I can form Prussia is it better just to stay as Brandenburg?

>not restoring the Persian Empire with norse, norman and english characters

My autism doesn't triggered very often, but that's just so fucking retarded.
Why not just make it a fucking Scot while you're at it and use the meme schiltron tactics.
God fucking damn

you got a single fact to back that up buddy?

>it doesn't even take video game related shit to start some autistic debate about philosophy/politics anymore

IN

WHAT

VIDEO

GAME

>grand strategy
>nothing to do with philosophy/religion/politics
WEW
LAD

At least English isn't a dead culture.

I actually quit a Polandblob game because one of my vassal republics managed to turn several counties Roman, even with slow conversion.

>only playing video games
what sort of a boring loser are you?

I really hate the vic 2 fans. Vic 2 has a whole host of problems and in reality it's not that complex. The game boils down to rushing certain techs, building certain factories and promoting certain pops. Pops in and of them selves could be interesting but they're not exactly the most incredible invention of all time. They just consume stuff that is made how hard is it for people to understand and depending on the numbers they also produce so much of a certain good.

Vic 2 is a bad game in good games clothes and is very shallow once figured out. There is almost no stratrgy in it and ALL the time you will want to make the same choices in it everytime if you're trying to do well.

I welcome a new attempt with new ideas and if it's bad it's bad but to think that vic2 is soo much more complex than eu4 or hoi4 is just absurdity and paradox can quite easily do a good job with it

>one of my vassal republics managed to turn several counties Roman

Just go for the -ings for Norse characters

ex:

Yngvar = Yngling
Sigurd = Sigurding
Knyt = Knytling

That's how Norse dynasties used to work then

>in and of them selves
what did he mean by this

>playing anything other than a catholic character in CRUSADER kings

My first GROßGERMANIUS game.
Can you guys give me a rundown on how to form the reich ASAP and which countrys can be inherited?

>countrys

>playing anything other than a non-catholic

>Yngvar = Yngling
Ing is a norse god(dess) and that means Ynglings are descendants of Ing.
Yngvarr means a warrior of Ing. -Arr = warrior

>Can you guys give me a rundown on how to form the reich ASAP and which countrys can be inherited?

Cease the memes of production

>austria still has germanspherelings
Do something

I never really looked into the origins of the Yngling dysnasty so I just supposed it came from Yngvar,thanks for the tip

Republic vassals get crown focuses even if they're some shitty 2-county duke.

Going through the duchy history, at some point the non-merchant republic system decided it would be a great idea to have a Roman court physician as leader, and that Roman's heir was a Roman and so on until they'd used their focus to flip several provinces.

It'd be mildly interesting if it had happened in 600 AD, not 1000 AD.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

So where's a good place to start to play as a bigger nation/more important character for CK2? All I really play as are dukes and kings in the British isles. I never venture beyond that because I feel like I'll get steamrolled or won't know which direction I should go. What's a good nation or character to play as?

Irish count.

Blobbing in India.

So, my expansion has been blocked by Aquitaine and Karling conquests in Tunisia. In good news, Andalusia is now almost completely under Catholic control. Seville and Granada are both held by strong Norse rulers with ties to my dynasty, and Leon and Galicia are both allied to me by marriage.

Besides achieving the red borders, what should my goals be?

Try playing as the Duke of Aquitaine. You're the most powerful vassal in France, giving you the option of playing the vassal game, or of going independent early on.

One of the 1066 Jimena kings is the other noob starting option

What start?
Byzantines are a good example of powerful but somewhat difficult to manage.
I'd say they're moderately difficult from what your experience sounds like.

Killing yourself.
Aside from that, conquer Mali and get that ezy emperor title.

1066 start, anything before that takes to fucking long. The only good thing about an early start is tribal government to me

>starting next to mudslime country
>noob

Byzantines then, it'll give you a taste of what it's like to have a large empire and large threats (seljuks), while giving you clear targets to acheive (crush muslims, retake italy, restore empire.)
Also, the best thing about early start dates is that you can get to about 100-200 years ahead in tech for any character. Although it could also be considered one of the worst things about it as well.

In 1066? It's one of the easiest starts in the game user.
Although this could be another option for

Literally free land grab on infidels.

Is there a population limit when it comes to Add Puppet CBs in Victoria 2?

>the well-endowed charmer
Looks like everyone knows about the BBC

I think it's 6M, at least in HPM

Roman Republic > Roman Empire

t. Turkslayer

t. Butthurt senator

1860s Europe > Roman anything

t. paedophile buttfucking emperor

t. brutus

1914 best Europe borders

there's literally nothing wrong with fucking boys

So is conclave undoubtedly the shittiest DLC for CK2? It's the only one I don't have, and I'm safe to assume I don't need it because it's literally utter shit, correct?

Sunset Invasion exists.

you're forgetting sunset invasion, a DLC so abominable and garbage people have left it disabled for so long they forgot it exists

Aside from SI and if you don't like RD, yeah, revert to 2.4.5.
Otherwise, it's mediocre with RD.

As Byzantium how my retinues should be composed?

Pure Cataphract.

No horse archers at all?

Woah
This guy...

doesn't matter since unless you're literally retarded or fighting the mongols, you win every war by default

He's really good and stole my pic

Or unless his commanders are Greek.
Oh wait.

Cute

Pure cataphracts were pretty shitty for the points last I checked, but I guess when your Arab border is basically a mess of mountains you can get mileage out of the reduced supply cost.

I miss pre-2.4 longbows.

So there's a cap for lovers? Fuck.

Jesus fucking fuck

>1840
>German Reich doesn't span from Brittany to Kamchatka
What the fuck are you doing?

For the points? I suppose so, but I find them to be amazing against the Muslims and they work well with levies as well.

The limit is much lower in vanilla, like five or something. Nice meme mod.

youtube.com/watch?v=9We-55z-1Fk

why are you faggots so obsessed with that fucking song?

rap is for niggers

>nightcore
we are soldiers cover is pretty good

What do you think of this new world? That's the Ottomans up in Alaska, by the way. I'm thinking of giving that to the French when I declare another crusade against the Turks.

How the fuck are you supposed to deal with all the civil wars, I got pretty far in a game where i was destroying any duchy that couldn't be reformed, but then i got a jihad called on Anatolia which fucked everything.