What is your favourite Mustang?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes
caranddriver.com/reviews/1995-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-r-review
youtube.com/watch?v=SfSUeDJa9ls
youtube.com/watch?v=XHSEO7-AnmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2007-2009 Shelby GT500 convertible

I find it irresistible when Americans go "yeah, we don't normally do that kinda stuff because we think it's stupid but everyone else is doing it and it's working out for them so now we're going to try it, too" and in a way foreshadow the distant future of their own car industry but in a clumsy, out of place way. Like a turbocharged, electronically fuel injected four cylinder in a pony car in the early '80s.

Strangely enough, this one. Second place would be the current GT.

If we were speaking about classics, I would prefer a Torino or Falcon.

The LX is so much better looking tbhfam

SVO is my favourite looking Fox though

If i could somehow have 2005-2009 body with 2010-2012 front end id be sold. Coyote swap of course.

And glass roof

Had a brand new 5.0l 2017 Stang drive by me today

Look...

Good but Ford left a bad taste in my mouth.

1971 Mustang Mach 1 with the 429SCJ, Ram Air, Drag Pack, and a 4 speed manual.

I prefer the GT bumpers, familia. And these funky rear lights.

The King of them All

Fox Body and 1st Gen

youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

SN95
>dat 90s bubble styling

This one desu

S197 Coyote 5.0

Close second would be a 87 notchback with t tops.

>when you see the last-light before you are meant to die

Why are the headlights smaller than usual?

The only good mustangs of course. 03-04 Cobra, and the new GT350R

Apex knows.

1966 GT350

this one

My dad has one of those with a custom built 400cid engine made from Boss 351 parts. It's pretty nice.

did you drive it

Foxbody.

Tempted to buy one and use it as a DD.
Probably get an A/T

Holy fuck epic pic what ended up happening ...

Yup. It's surprisingly nice to drive. Don't know how they drive with stock chassis, though.

What does DD and A/T stand for ?

New to Veeky Forums

daily driver = DD

AT is automatic and MT is manual

Thanks .

The 89 Probe GT Turbo.

Lurk moar

>spoonfeeding

>>spoonfeeding

Fuck of to faggot

this aint your secret club pal

This. I also love 68 fastbacks.

This one

>mustang boss 429 (1969)
>185 000 dollar
>officiallly 385 HP, but tested 500 HP

The dream mustang.

It looks like a bigger porsche

is that matt farah's

I've always had a thing for the 1995 Cobra R. It wasn't even that mind blowing back then. I guess I liked the concept and the unique 351 motor.

so this mustang gets reposted a lot on Veeky Forums
who's car is it? whats been done to it?

so how well did they do on a track compared to say, a c5? i assume it had huge brakes right? did it have at least subframes?

I own a black 89 LX 5.0 but I'd love a black 70 boss 429.

None of them

>implying I like American garbage
This world would be better if you sorry cunts got glassed.

I think a regular C4 Corvette would probably beat this thing, a '96 C4 Grand Sport certainly would...to say nothing of a C5.

i dunno. i thought the R were not street legal were they, and you had to be in the scca to buy one?

sup you poor leb

my c4 handles unlike anything i've ever been in. certainly incomparable to a mustang, even with suspension mods worth the price of an entire c4.

Oops didn't answer the rest of your question.

It had stiffer springs, adjustable shocks, a strut tower brace, wider 255 section tires... no subframes as far as I know.

The engine was a 5.8L and the final drive ratio was upped to 3.27 from 3.08.

It did have a large 20 gallon fuel tank.

Relatively minor upgrades all things consider, but I thought the idea was fun.

I want one...

i would have thought subframes and maybe a rollcage was part of the deal. not even brembos?

I think they are street legal, but you are right Ford wouldn't sell this to you unless you had a license and intended to race it.

You can find mothballed examples of them for sale with super low miles.

i can kinda see a rollcage in it. maybe

Not that I can tell... I would have thought the same, so I went back and dug this up.

No subframes mentioned.

caranddriver.com/reviews/1995-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-r-review

sounds like the SVT was slacking.
any ford brother knows the first thing the car needs is subframes. even for street use they are very noticeable.

and why stick a bigger motor in and not give it bigger brakes?

Yeah I definitely don't know. Like I said, it wasn't even that spectacular back in 1995, but I just thought it was an interesting one-off.

The rotors were the same, but I'm willing to wager the pad compound was more aggressive.

Keeping the same rotor would lower the costs for a team or individual keeping this thing fielded through a season when you are burning through a set of pads and rotors on any given weekend... but I'm speculating.

I can see how the larger fuel tank and cooling would be important for track duty.

But yeah, I have not clue why they passed on subframes.

>only 300 made

How quick were these?

Low 13s/High 12s in the 1/4 mile, 0-60 in the mid/high 4s.

It had a 385hp/385tq 5.4L 4V motor. Not bad for the turn of the century.

Shelby from Gone in 60 s.

It was my first auditory encounter with a tru V8.
I almost cried.

thats pretty quick man. did randy pobst drive one?

my niggas

none because the camaro easily beats it in every single way possible.
youtube.com/watch?v=SfSUeDJa9ls

i like how nobody picked block's mustang.

i even like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=XHSEO7-AnmM

Its from before Fatt Farah was driving, built in 1989.

the flares are sheet metal, has IRS from a MN-12 thunderbird and currently has a '95 Cobra R spec 351w but in 1989 it had a 320" short deck Windsor

Is this a roush?

sounds like its faster than his then.

Fatt Farah's mustang isnt very fast...

well its not like i was wrong then.
its not like i wanted one anyway.

How good were these? better than 03 cobra?

>Had an 07 Mustang
>Got bored and sold it because I got sick of automatic after buying a manual Miata
>Fast forward 2 years, thinking of selling my 370z (which I replaced the Mustang with, still have the Miata and plan on keeping it) for a manual 2011 GT
How bad of an idea is this? Seems Ferd upgraded the shit out of everything including the handling, power and interior but I don't want to get fucked on depreciation. That and holy fuck these niggers are common.

haha epic where's the like button xd

>What is your favourite Mustang?

The ones with no solid rear axle

The Yenko Camaro is my favorite mustang

>as fast as the Ultimate Driving Machine

bump because bored

Gorgeous

69-70 Mach 1 or the 66 GT350.

Cobra type R like in OP.... drooool.... so much time spent in forza 1

That doesn't belong to anyone here, it's just cool because it's a foxbody dressed up as a V8 Interceptor Falcon.

>seeing all these sexy GT and Cobra pics and im just sitting here with a 2000 v6

Ken Block's mustang isn't really a mustang, it's a custom awd chassis with a mustang coupe body

The kind that can corner

< Heres a picture of one

t. Yuro butthurt because Mustangs provide better price/performance ratio (both off AND on track) than any Germoney car

I like Mustangs, and as an American, they can't corner. If you want a cornering pony car, you get an F-body. It's that simple. Sure, some models (cough80scough) weren't as fast as the Mustangs in a straight line, but the Mustang was always shown a set of F-body tail lights when the course got twisty.

You realize Mustangs newer than 2010 exist right.

f-body is sexy af, X100 if lowered with wheels sticking out a couple of inches.

and the 2010+ Camaro still outhandles it every time, the ONLY exception being the new Shelby GT350.
You know. Because the Camaro got an IRS as standard equipment on all models in 2010. The Mustang didn't get one standard on all models until 2015. That said, 2010-2015 Camaro's use the Zeta chassis and 2016+ use the Alpha chassis. Then again, the Mustang is on its fifth new chassis (64-73, 74-78, 79-04, 05-14, 15+) while the Camaro is only on its third.