Weekend projects

What did you work on this weekend, Veeky Forums?

Finished installing the front knuckles from a DA integra with new Hawk hp+ pads and rotors. SS lines are going on tomorrow because I didn't realize they arrived already. Also put on the front sway bar from a DA integra as well as new axles. Also fabbed up a couple brackets to get a racing bucket in but didn't quite finish. Also ordered new progress c2 coilovers with 350lbs rear and 350lbs front springs.

Pretty happy with the results. This is basically a low budget autocross/track build we're getting done for under 3k.

What did you guys do? Post your projects?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-MTC-Strut-Brace-Mount-Solid-Front-Driver-Side-Volvo-8666205-/131892300991
ebay.com/itm/NEW-MTC-Strut-Brace-Mount-Solid-Front-Passenger-Side-Volvo-8666204-/361665215517
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We decided to paint the sway bar yellow but it turned out better than I thought. The new coils are grey so it won't be McDonald's themed under there lol

This is the gay ricer shitbox it's went in to. Picked it up for $500 with a B20b swap (out of a japanese CRV which made 145 when it was new).

No one?

Pulling the engine on my '97 F150 to do a rebuild. From what I've heard and experienced so far, this engine's difficult to get out because of how far back it sits in the engine bay, and how surprisingly little room there is. The bell housing bolts are a real nightmare too. This is my first pull, so I realize I've pulled off a lot of parts that could have probably stayed on the engine, but if it makes the job easier, I don't mind the added time.

Labeled every hose and everything on the wiring harness with different colored electrical tape and pigment paint pens, and I've taken notes and tons of pictures detailing everything. All that's left are the torque converter bolts and a few bell housing bolts, and this motor should be ready to get taken out and put on a stand.

>mfw waiting for parts
1. rad
2. electric fan (belt-driven no more, yey)
3. bracket for delet a/c

My weekend project is selling my two Volvos.
One shitbox 855, and one S60.

Absolutely nothing. waiting a couple weeks for my k24a2. Going to swap my k20z3's head and transmission onto the 24 then probably build the head with drag cartel 3.2's and supertech valvetrain

Played phone tag with insurance figuring out exactly how much they are going to give me for my now submarine mazda 6

In the mean time I bought this.

I'm about to attempt to replace the straight pipe on my recently acquired 99 A32 with a OEM cat, also replace the broken D2 coilovers with some new cheap ones
first time working on this car, hope everything goes well

>automatic

Im trying to replace my brake shoes, but the chucklefucks at ford made the bolts that hold the drums on flatheads.
They are stuck in there and I cant get them out without stripping them.
Its bullshit.

I live in a major city. As much as I love to own a manual, I can't fucking stand it in traffic. It takes all of the joy out of it for me. At least the 7AT shifts like it has shit to do. I was pretty impressed.

I still intend to find a manual project car

What's it like never being happy?

Gonna clean the cheap out of the cup holders and hopefully get my pool ball shifter back on.

Change the oil, oil filter and air filter in my Toyota Aygo

oh, i want a shitbox aygo so bad, post pics user

They are a pretty decent auto actually. Will chirp second no problem.

Put a new boost gauge in and started to clean all the oil off the engine

Put some petrol in it. Civics are reliable.

Where's your cotter pin?

This car is pretty fucking good. I'm poking around the G37 forums and it's definitely making me feel like I made the right decision. No major issues as long as you do routine maintenance, plenty of power with 330hp/270tq, rwd, hydraulic steering, snappy transmission.

Only major issue is the state of the paint rn. Def needs to be shown some love with compound and polish. Otherwise a fucking steal for 12,050.

serviced 2012 Civic LX auto transmission and brake pads and rotors on a friends Dakota. Installed my magnafuel 750 pump on the rasekar. That's it.

inb4 Nissan Scum shitposter

Waiting for parts (4age head)

Not sure if i'm going to turbo it or not but i might just get agro cams and make a fun NA motor

Just replaced the wimpy stock horn on my '10 Yaris with some Hella Super tones.
I'll come back in the future and make a bracket to center them both in the upper grill.

Still rebuilding the motor in my 83' 4wd Terc'. Nothing happening with the truck.

Head unit install / some odometer resistor soldering in my 99 regal gs

where are you that is full of snow?

i changed my oil and cleaned out my trunk

I just accepted a long time ago that I no longer have a working odometer, I can't be fucked to replace anything in the dash.

I was going to buy a truck on Saturday but then the credit union employee processing my loan decided to wait until Monday to finish up... Everything was approved 2 hours before they closed and all she needed to do was email me the paperwork to electronically sign.

my mechanic and I are trying to get this to run.
we found a vacuum leak in the throttle body shafts. BOTH of them leaked, the primary and secondary. i thought it might be an o ring, he wanted to get another from a junkyard to try.

old cars with mechanical fuel injection suck

currently i work weekends, so this is what i've been up to midweek.

i've taken a cheap basic set of LML/Stella side panels/engine cowls like these,

filled them in, primed them , laid down some metallic silver, and stenciled 3 head drago sigils onto them, them went around the edges with rattle can matt black

whats left to do
fix a leak where the master cyl has a grommet that holds the reservoir. hard to find a new grommet

charge the AC and fix the wire to the compressor.

change the throttle body and tune the fuel mixture for once this time. now, the mixture is impossible to tune. it goes either rich or lean and it is nearly random

Who buys nissan shit when you can get a 335i that does all those things but isnt from a shit manufacturer?

Rebuilt viscous fan clutch on Landcruiser.

then red candy and 2k lacquer/clear coat

they've still to be flattened back, polished and waxed but i think they look the part on my 1984 Vespa PX125EFL.

over the next few days the headset/handlebars are getting sorted out, the front mudguard is going on and the tatty looking Saltire spare wheel cover is getting changed to something more in keeping.

What parts are you waiting for?

currently re-assembling my 86s 4AGE

gotta paint the bay, then i can start putting it back together

Nissan made the Skyline GT-R which BTFO anything BMW has.

Kalisi...

When did you get that?

the scooter's name is Dracarys, the unburnt, this is the spare wheel cover i'm having made at some point this week.

its my old Bitsa, had it for nearly 2 years now

this old pile of shite

this is another one i did for a pal during june and early july.

it started off as an old rusty white LML, an indian copy of the Vespa P range scooters

this is how it looked when it first came to the shed

I would totally rock a pimped up "Vespa". I saw a guy in Dumfries with the full blown mod look a while ago; mirrors, lights, roundels, suit, half helmet.

yeah , its a Mod thing, you either get it or you don't.

if you really fancy a vespa i can sort one out for you

trying to wash grease off plasti-dip, doing some hard launches on my finally-broken-in clutch

thats a pain in the dick but keep at it ive done a few. Just watch out for the trans lines on the side of the block and the powersteering lines that like to get hung up on the driver side if you have a cooler. Also fuck road salt and siezed ford starter bolts.broke off a hot lead and it twisted off the eyelet so needed a new starter and power cable.

did you have to do it the hard way
pic related

>stick wrench in
>proceed to turn an eighth of a turn
>flip wrench and turn another eighth of a turn

It's a long process.
>not the guy you quoted

you have the patience of a saint if you can do it that way
when that happens to me, i stop immediately, grab a beer. try to find a buddy to do this for me (i do this 80% of the time and make up an excuse like my back hurts)

I'd like one, but I'm sure they are rather more valuable than I would be willing to spend on a toy.

that's a shiny shift linkage you've got there

a mate has a 1986 pk125 he's off loading, been tweaked, got a 177 kit and a 32 mil carb goes like shit offa shovel. needs painted and tidied , i reckon 500 and it could be yours.

i'd buy but i'm too big for a small frame vespa and the missus wants a point n squirt

kinda like this

Would need to shift this heap first in any case!

XM estate?

haha yup, with a few extra extensions on there since I didn't take the transfer case off

transfer case? yours is awd?

hmm interdastin, could be up for some form of arrangement

whats the script with it?

Trips of truth.

Aye. VSX Turbo with a manual and lots of rust.

Put some spacers onto my dirty shitbox drifter's back wheels.

Then I helped a friend pull his brakes apart, grind off all the road dirt and shit and prepped the calipers for painting.
Only that the shop sold my buddy a bad can of caliper paint. This stuff must have been sitting around for years. Apparently all the paint had already settled down at the bottom with the little ball and hardened completely. Only after shaking the can for about 15 minutes the ball came loose and the can spat out nothing but little hardened chunks. That was saturday evening. No chance of getting a new can of paint on a sunday, so we'll be able to get the car rolling by tuesday, with luck. At least we had a few beers.

yeah, 330xi with >210k miles on it

I spent like $350 to get both driveshafts rebuilt too (i.e. the non-replaceable u-joints replaced)

plus $540 for the clutch/flywheel kit

I spend way too much on this thing

Low compression so boost it and it will make much better numbers. Or swap the head. Or just live with it because 145hp isn't all that bad.

That's a good car for 500. I've done worse

Neat car. This is the M52, right? How's the engine itself treating you with that mileage?

painted the trim on my car
because i hate the gray plastic
this color was a kind of camo

painting the engine cover made it look like a generator.

that's a big pipe

the downpipe is 3.5"
at least it is quiet

Volv/o/ brother

i hate those motors and trucks with a passion, everything is so god damn hard to get to. And dont even get me started on the spark plugs pulling threads or breaking off in the heads. Fuck those pieces of shit.

Atleast with a chevy if the engine does blow up its not nearly as hard to work on.

you should ditch the stock intake too. and get some of those strut bar conversion kits.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-MTC-Strut-Brace-Mount-Solid-Front-Driver-Side-Volvo-8666205-/131892300991

ebay.com/itm/NEW-MTC-Strut-Brace-Mount-Solid-Front-Passenger-Side-Volvo-8666204-/361665215517

Trying to wrestle a lower control arm into the saddle.

GM, never again. When purchasing I didn't think about the bailout. There's a fucking reason the company went under. Holy fuck.

Everything they produced apart from their flagship car is major piece of shit.

Ah, i would, if i wasnt going to sell it. Great car, decent reliability, and comfy seats, which you know.

>cant get lower control arm into saddle
>this cars a piece of shit

Please.

m54, it runs great but I do need to rebuild the vanos

p sweet dude I miss my S80. Any mods other than the intake?

Old pic, nothing new on my phone

you should hold on to it, you would miss it

I already fixed the DIC before, so no big deal

Put a 6AL box in my Olds, re-tuned carb / timing for it

Might decide to do an MSD Blaster 2 coil, don't know yet

Waiting for ring/pinion and assorted the other misc. accessories to come in.

Got some work done on my exhaust.

For (You)

I seam-sealed and sprayed interior ready for sound deadening and assembly.
Feel like a bitch cos I paid a shop to mount engine and trans/ shorten d-shaft.
Only thing I've ever paid to have done on a project, but my work hours have been through the fucking roof and I had a bunch of spare cash/no time to align shit properly.

Re-sealed the sump on my EP91 Starlet.

I would totally drink that

I refinished my headlights because they were so yellow and cloudy I might as well have had two jars of lightning bugs strapped to my front end.

It came out pretty decent I think. Pics to come.

Finished giving the Legacy GT exhaust after rebuilding the engine.

i wouldnt know, my car is manual and im not fat.
whats it like not being happy?

G37's typically are more reliable in terms of drivetrain. Little shit like trim chipping and window motors failing happen for frequently on G35/37

Pick your poison.

Bought a 1995 850 T5 for $30.

Needs fixing:
Position lamp - $10, 3 minutes.
Engine mount -$15, 2-5 minutes
Turbo isn't boosting -$0-$200 5 min-2 hours
Almost no rust at all.

Pic very related, looks exactly like the one I bought.

Finishing re wiring my fog lights on my Lancer today, Clay bar, polish, and wax next weekend. Winters coming

Did the HID's friday night. Still waiting for the H11's for my fog lights

55w 5000K

It's pretty simple. Might take an hour and a half at most

I fucked up my last harness removing the front fascia, Never got around to replacing it until now.

so why hid? i would rather go LED