/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Did not avert eyes:
>Vicar/Redditslayer event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD
imgur.com/h96Luo2

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

First for the gurgling noise Gavlan makes when he drinks

xth for DLC will be god tier and we've seen nothing in the trailers so far

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

Not even laughing anymore

PURGE THE HERETICS

Would Gavlan and Logarius be friends?

>Ashes of Ariandel will soon arrive

Are you ready to bleed and suffer, wither away and die over and over and over again?

yo waddup

no, but i'm sure as fuck ready for a paired gladius weapon, throwing spears and barefoot scythe wielding boss girl

What about just removing "Vicar" from the host's name? Give them less warning before the impending counter-gank ganking.

>Bloodshades designed around fighting ganks
>BC when they actually encounter ganks
>Just die when they fight someone 1v1 even when they turn on cheats

Stream some BLOODSHADE KILLINGS.
Don't forget to put it in the name of stream for maximum salt.
>BLOODSHADE EZ FRAG FARM

I think it looks great, can't wait. The gameplay footage really got me excited. Frost infusion and resins are basicly confirmed, right?

It's already awesome judging by the latest footage.

Why do some people say she's Velka ?

I never played STR/FAI, anyone got a sample build for memecars?
Pic unrelated

>instead of this golden str/fth meme convenant we could have gone full nazi or slave owner with niglet summons mode

Man, I sure hope the DLC fixes hexes.

>nine spells
>one basic projectile, one close quarters spell, and one weird-ass spell that's hard to dodge
>literally zero nuke spells, can't kill for shit
>best you can do is 500 damage on a lucky Dark Edge
>go ahead, try to cast crystal soul spear or WoG with only 40int/fth and a catalyst that's only good for hexes

I want Climax back. Make it cost two slots and all your FP, I don't even care. And then two other giga nuke hexes, one per school.

I just want hexes to not be absolute dogshit.

Is there a high-quality version of the trailer somewhere?

#
I really don't think more than one more covenant will surface. Once you've got around 2k health and soothing sunlight with good weapons, you don't really need anything else as a ganker. What's going to happen is people are going to make builds that can only invade vicars, only to realize that they stand even less a chance of winning than before since now they're fighting organized tanks with heals and never any randos. The host advantage is too strong for a countar vicar cov to succeed. Chances are they'll level up their current 140's to do it too, thus getting rid of all the SL140 characters. Getting them to do that is essentially the plan I think. Then everyone else can just hop off their 170's and blood 2.0 won't get invasions.

look at the velka statue in the sewer

>being even edgier than bloodshades

4 spells in the dlc

it was all building up to this

But we can't bleed, our blood will freeze as soon as it touches the air.

Because she looks awfully similar to the statue of velka.

>being even edgier than bloodshades

thatsthepoint.jpeg

Are you all NEET's, oldfags, art majors, or high schoolers? I can't figure out how you all have enough time to actually play this game for more than one hour every two days during the week.

Can't wait for ENB's reaction.

>her design is identical to the design of velka statue
>miyazaki himself confirmed that dlc happens in painted world, and those have strong connection to Velka
>she calls Allfather Lloyd her father

I've seen a new axe that looks almost identical to existing axes and has the same generic R1s
I've seen a spear with a javelin toss attack, though it's not clear if it was the WA or just an R2.
I've seen a boss with a scythe literally recycle the Wolf Leap WA animation as an attack, and inevitably the player will get this as a boss weapon with the attack as well.
And, of course, they'll no doubt count the Torch 2.0 as one of their 15 new weapons.

My expectations are appropriately tempered. Only two bosses is a goddamn tragedy and I have yet to see a single weapon that interests me. I suppose the giant wolf boss all but confirms that we'll be getting some kind of wacky, zaney new farron wolf's blood weapon but until I actually see it in action I won't get my hopes up for anything actually worth using.

Yes

Most of us are investment bankers.

I only play during the weekend.

Veeky Forums is 50% neets 25% underage 25% rejects

>it needs to be saved
The playerbase sure looks pretty stable compared to 1 and 2 user

poise

Are all the vicar dudes in ng+?

REPLY TO THIS POST IF YOU PLAY DARK SOULS 3 ON PS4

Big M confirmed only 4 spells, and we already know that one is a faith destructodisc and another is a frost cloud sorcery. There's also footage of what may or may not be a pyromancy in the trailer.

Odds are we'll get one of each spell type, so look forward to your singular hex. 5 bucks says it'll be some buff/debuff from one of the previous games dragged back to lazily fill the spell quota.

I believe your issue is that you actually expected to see tons of content

Common sense tells me they will save ALL of the juicy stuff for release

We didnt even get a glimpse of the arena, and oh boy we want that shit

I play on PC, can I still reply?

Maybe Gilded Hosts and Vicar summons

>calls the allfather her father
what the fuck else do you call an allfather?

Shiteaters exist everywhere, and shiteaters prop this game up.

We finally went hollow.

This is it.

I invested in stocks early now i got the rest of my life ahead of me

The statue wears a different looking robe, though. And when was that guy confirmed to be Lloyd ? Did I miss something ?

>Most of us are unemployed investment bankers who just got fired from Wells Fargo.
FTFY

I'm innaarmy so I play in the barracks

If he's distant enough to be considered a primordial human i sure as fuck won't call him my father.

Philosophy major living off VA checks.

I go to college twice a week for 1:20 a day, and seven years from now I'll write a book.

Oh right I forgot that the people propping up games like DS2 were upstanding individuals

all 500 of them, dickeater

>4 spells in the dlc

That's the boomerang, the cryo mist, and pyrobuff, possibly one more dark spell and most likely shit.

Reporting in

lies

>And when was that guy confirmed to be Lloyd ? Did I miss something ?
Japanese subtitles during her speech say "Godfather (Allfather), don't worry. There's no need for the whip again"

Active duty here.

Yes yes user. Its all just a lie

Mechanical engineering major hanging onto that 3.0 GPA like a piece of shit

Also I've run into 2 bloodshade hackers so far. One with inf stamina and one was obviously toggling. Ate an astora charge to the face and didn't flinch.

Am I doing it right

>And, of course, they'll no doubt count the Torch 2.0 as one of their 15 new weapons.
The torch blower dudes drink some kind of stuff before shooting fire, and in the other trailer the player does it too. So, probably a consumable.

>Big M confirmed only 4 spells, and we already know that one is a faith destructodisc and another is a frost cloud sorcery. There's also footage of what may or may not be a pyromancy in the trailer.
Aw shit, you're right. Hopefully the next DLC is Londor or whatever.

Bloodshade Dalpt is toggling infinite iframes

>its the same assblasted "boy who cried b-but DS2!" in every thread

Innanavy at your beautiful DLI post. Great place yall got here.

>login into 50SL
>14/15 invasions over all locations are 3-4 people gank squads
yep

Funny, isn't it? We use hacks to kill their hackers, and now they're calling us hackers and using hacks on us.

It's so adorably retarded.

>pastaposter complaining about redundancy
I guess you need to have a thing for that flavor to tolerate DS2's bosses

>The new zone is called "The Painted World of Ariandel."
>"However, there are some connections between this Painted World and the one from the original Dark Souls."
So, is Ariandel the apprentice of Ariamis ?

please tell the names of all cheating shades so i would curse them on sight

Use a canvas talisman instead of the sunlight talisman

>quality

No

The Japanese subs for that were 教父様 which translates to Godfather, or the priest kind of Father.

I'd go to 45 faith for soothing instead of bountiful

I have no idea I don't pay attention to names. And they're all so generic that I lose track. Will try to from now on.

Some of them are just lagging tho so don't jump the gun.

>will soon arrive
HAHAHAH.... why

I dont care what anyone says

Magic/Spellcaster builds are fucking broken.
B R O K E N
R
O
K
E
N

>snowy forest area
I FUCKING CAN'T WAIT
THERE'S SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY TO USE THE OBSCURING RING IN INVASIONS AND SHIT

Thanks, didn't know that.

Is that a longsword or some kind of a sabre?

Another day in the life of an invader.

I won this one but shit... It feels unfair to always be against 3 people.

Anyway where should I put my summon sign for this Vicar thing? I have a SL 165 who I can retrofit!

H-HE'S FAST

Let's not forget all the features they removed / made worse in DS3:
>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death
>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character
>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character
>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.
>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina
>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina
>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill
>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for broader variety of weapons
>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3
>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build
>Fun PvP and PvE covenants that were unique
>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun
>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Retards like you are why soul stream got nerfed

Just get more Estus, the key is to outheal everybody.

BB's dlc promos basically showed me enough for me to be satisfied with my purchase. DaS2's promos didn't, but the fact that they loaded most of the dlc movesets and content into the files months beforehand and let wizards show it off for us was functionally a preview of everything I needed to see.

DaS3 has done neither. The trailers show very little beyond pieces of a singular, samey environment and unremarkable weapons. The fact that two bosses-only has been confirmed worries me immensely because I know that after one or two playthroughs I'll be literally walking through them and just having less do to in total is rather disappointing.

I'm sure they ran into the challenge during development that in order to make a boss difficult for an endgame character with 15+10 estus, the boss either has to be so punishingly aggressive that it can interrupt healing attempts and kill players before they get a chance to use their estus, or otherwise must last so incredibly long that there's a realistic chance of running out of estus throughout the duration. The strength of 3's rolling makes the former impractical, and so it's no surprise that they seem to be focusing on the latter, turning fights into extended multi-phase, multi-boss endurance gauntlets because it's the only way to match the player's healing resources.

I want to get DMB for my vicar. Fastest level to?

collector edition some ears

Hopefully this Gascoigne's upwards uppercut is available to player.

Present.

CE

It looks too long and thin to be a sabre, and is also hiltless. To me it looks like a katana, but it's not used like one.

Will probably be a curved sword and with some description alluding to the Painting Guardians since that weapon art thing the enemy does resembles the monscim's dancing WA.

ps4, pls give level ranges

Dodge. That's it, just dodge. Congratulations, you killed the mage.

Oddly enough, the best way to learn the dodge timings on spells is to make a spell caster yourself and watch when the non-idiots roll through your everything and kill you.

It already is, user. That's the uncharged 2nd R2 of warcried axes.

Both of the bosses look far more impressive and fun to fight than anything in DS2 dlcs.
It's basically 3 or even 4 bosses in two boss battles if you count the guy as a boss.

Don't bother then, nobody will Vicar on PS4. Who the hell would level to 170 through normal means?

>that flash of the lion head as a particle effect coming off the shield
Neat.

Also, considering that player showed earlier in the trailer to have virtually infinite stamina, the fact that he actually got guardbroken is a pretty big deal.

40-60 add me on psn
Kn_ght

Only part about weapons are good in your walls. Everything else is double standard bitching.
>The fact that two bosses-only has been confirmed worries me immensely because I know that after one or two playthroughs I'll be literally walking through them and just having less do to in total is rather disappointing.
Like in fuckin ToS, right?