Why are Kia cars so cheap?

Other than being from Korea of course.

I have been looking around and come across a few Kias when searching for a new DD. I am seriously thinking about buying a 2004 2.0L Saab 93 Ecotec for about 39 000 Kroner(ca 5000$) but I come across almost brand new Kias costing about twice as much in a reasonable package it seems.

Not necessarily thinking buying one of those instead since I donĀ“t have the cash, but are they as reliable as Jap cars? Are there any traits or faults in the cars that make them so cheap? Are the engines shit or as I suspect, build quality being shit.

Thoughts? Experience?

All of them except the Rio are fantastic cars. Pretty reliable, the non-SX trims are very fuel efficient, and they're a lot of fun to drive.
Go test drive some

My mother bought a 2007 sportage new and to this day it hasn't had any problems.

That shit looks like the product of ford and VW gangbang

That shit look clean man.

Wish we had that version in america.

>Ecotec
AVOID early European Ecotects at all cost, you're better off with that Kia

they're new forte hatchback actually doesn't look half bad. seems like the forte SX though which is supposed to be performance is pretty shit

Because they're shit. Case-hardened mild steel, parts that don't last, shitty electronics, cheap design.

Are the Kia Sportages any good?

AWD and decent MPGs, i like the way they look.

New 26k for what i want, but ill prob go for a far cheaper used model

Bought an 07 kia Sorento a few years back

It was a great car, perfect for a tame driver. The only car I could compare it to was my mercury milan

SX is a trim level.

The hatch, sedan, and coupe are available in the base (EX?) and the SX.

Go with a new KIA, that warranty will save you some headaches, trade in before warranty expires.

Third generation has terrible crash rating. 17s are ok, but for just a little more money you might as well go with a Sorento.

This is what people believe even if it isn't true.

Which is why they lose value quickly. Alot of people still think the kia's are the same vehicles they were in the 90 and early 2000's.

The Forte is getting a Refresh on the SX trim soon, with a IRS. The Thing with the Forte SX is the manual sucks, but with the Auto it can put down a 6.1s 0-60, making it a Warm hatch.

Its still behind the Hot hatches, but hopefully that will change, considering the Forte SX koup was originally suppose to be a GTI/SI fighter but hyundai said no, that It would harm sales of the at the time brand new Genesis koup.

LX / EX / SX

SX turbo gets 1.6 Turbo with 201hp and you can get it with a stick

I saw a 2 year old Kia soul with about 20000 kms on it and every exhaust hanger was rusted out. I have zero faith in their quality control and zero trust on their selection of materials.

2G Rio owner here. There was a recall for underbody coatings in Canada a while back because half their lineup was rusting to shit after a couple of winters.

It honestly like a Ford Focus ST, just 200000 Kroner cheaper... OP here btw

Yeah. Some of the gear selections seem laughable.

The auto was probably the better choice, but I fell for the /o meme.

I am looking into them for a friend. You don't see many of them on the road. They must have shit marketing.

Why? I was told on here that they are pretty reliable and fuel efficient. This one has a timing Chain aswell so GOAT

In America they are all over the place. There Is a user on here that has a 400 Hp First generation forte koup.

Is it a meme car? I like the way they look and some have decent engine Power + price. But as mentioned: Is the quality for interior or metal good? I live in Norway so it will see salted roads, Wind, rain and snow.

I just want to get rid of my 98 TT.

They are pretty good cars, they have good interior quality pretty much equal to a civic or a Corolla. But if you can get a SX they come with a pretty powerful engine for its price range and has push to start, with heated seats.

Is there an aftermarket parts market for these Things? Asking for myself now. Like most of you guys on here probably, I love cheap cars you can have fun in and do amazing shit to.

Probably why I can't stand bimmer-owners most of the time.

we once had a turbo-ed soul in the shop, so, i guess so

Nobody wants to buy them.

i have a hyundai accent rental right now and HOLY FUCK who would pay $15k new for that thing?

my back hurts

Yeah but that's a Hyundai.

Not the person you are commenting to, but from my experience Kia and Hyundai have a very similar build quality.

I am the guy that has the Forte.

The After market is hit or miss, you can find alot of stuff but not as much as say a Civic.

The hyundai accent and rio are the same platform. Which is a 13k car brand new, you can't except a 13k car to feel good, any 13k car.

A base civic starts at 20k

Damn these lowkey carbrands. They are so Limited, yet so fun and cheap. My Audi is an ass in repairs, which is why I am selling it. I want a Saab With five seats and a turbo. Something I can wrench on. Are these Kias good to wrench on?

I would take a low miles used Mazda or Honda over a new Hyundai or Kia any day

Im pushing almost 3 times the stock horsepower and its still running perfect. The engine can take a beating because it is based on the 4b11T in the EVO X

Was that an engine that was running With or without boost? If so then it is pretty impressive. What mods have you done to increase hp?

Garrett GTX3071R
DeatschWerks DW300 Fuel Pump and Return
Billet Fuel Rail
3" High Flow CAT
DVC-30 Meth kit

Mine was N/A at first

You must've been running something like 70hp to be getting thrice as much Power out of that lol

which Kia is this? I thought the Forte only came in 5 doors? Is this that cancerous cee'd thing? Looks almost like a Sirocco

173 hp stock, now getting 456 so around 2.7x the horsepower over stock.

Its a Cee apostrophe D. The sport version: Proceed. Gayest name ever if you ask me. Fucking Kongs, man.

not that user but did you notice any reliability issues? If I want to consider a Kia I need it to at least be a DD and not a shitbox garage queen. Can they take a moderate beating?

How much power is the turbo pushing to not blow up the engine? How long have you been running it?

lmao should've called it a Sirocc'o

Kek. That is so pretentious.

I've gone 60k boosted and so far no engine issues at all. My car is sitting at 80k miles in total.

It peaks at 24 pounds, with the meth kit, before the meth kit and tune I was running 12 pounds.

Do you have the first gen or the second gen? In your eyes, is there any difference?

t. park byeong sing

Would very much like to see pics of said car if possible

I have the First gen, The second gen is nice but I prefer the more aggressive style of the First gen.

The Second gen has better power in stock form then the first but it got more... soap barish. The 1st was based completely on the concept (except they removed the brembos and 300 hp turbo 2.0)

Both are good cars though, very much the underdogs

I own a 3rd gen hyundai elantra and my gf owns a 09 kia rio.

I love both of these cars. They are simple and easy to work on. Not to mention a great bargain because most people don't think they're worth much because "they're not a honda". They are good cars and make for reliable daily drivers.

They are cheap because they cut corners. I don't mind it though. I don't need my interior to be plush. And the plastic in the rio doesn't feel weak at all. I owned a 03 cavalier before and the plastic was brittle. It broke all the fucking time. The plastic in both my elantra and rio don't feel like that at all.