/palg/ - Paladins General

Bounty Hunter Edition

>Previous Thread:

>Official site
paladins.com/

>Patch notes
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?11541-Closed-Beta-33-Patch-Notes-Fierce-Competition

>Forums
forums.paladins.com/

>Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Tutorials made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ about the game
>I'm working on the pastebin, maybe.

>Datamining
smitedatamining.com/category/paladins/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

Is Buck any good?

*frrrt*

Buck has potential, but as it stands, he's the weakest of the flankers. His reload speed is inexcusable, and despite his leap and sustain, he doesn't have the stopping power of other flankers.

I don't think so currently, from what I've heard. I haven't had the chance to play him yet, though.

Not really no. His shotgun is ass and hes without a doubt the weakest damage dealer/flanker.

POST GLORY TO FERNANDO IN THIS THREAD AND YOU SHALL GET GOOD TANKS IN YOUR NEXT ROUND OF PALADINS.

Is it just me or is this game incredibly easy?

I only started last night and played maybe 5 games in total but it's a fucking joke how bad others are. I'm playing Fernando most of the time because he's a big guy (but I hate his personality) and i just sit back and mow people down as they run into me and my team. I haven't lost a game yet. And I checked to see if I was clicking on "vs AI" but this is apparently PVP.

Also is there just one map and mode?

I WILL NOT DIE, AMIGO

you played against bots. Wait till you reach lvl 5.

With this latency? Fuck you.

Until level 5, you're playing bots. You'll know immediately once you hit real players and your shit starts getting pushed in. Theres more modes coming, and more maps already with more levels.

GLORY

How do I get good at ferny pls. I usually go to the point and activate my shield expecting my teammates to shoot at them, but they always stay back or go flank. So after the shield runs out I'm standing alone like a retard having killed nobody, and I try to rush into the enemy to W+M1 them but they all focus me and I die way faster than I've seen any Fern do.
You play against bots until you're level 5 lmao
I though I was good too

You'll need a support behind you or you will not be able to stay in a fight for long. Nando + grover is a annoying combo.

>Does more damage than one of our damage dealer
>Do 212 damage less than our second damage dealer
If it wasn't for our front line being aggressive we would have lost. Frustrating as hell.

Oh, good then. Because if this was it I'd be dissapointed.

Keep in mind you only play against bots, I think. Your teammates are people.

Though I'd hardly ever consider my teammates people.

60 tickrate servers?

>JEWISH TRIUMVITRATE TIER
Androxas, Evie, Fernando

>MOST LIKELY TO HAVE THE GAME INSTALLED ON AN SSD TIER
Cassie, Viktor, Skye

>CAN SUCCESSFULLY MAKE A BOWL OF CEREAL TIER
Barik, Makoa, Drogoz, Grover, Pip, Kinessa, Grohk

>MISTAKES GLUE STICKS FOR DEODORANT TIER
Ruckus, Bomb King

>PHOTOGRAPHS MONITOR TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS TIER
Buck

If only Evie actually looked like this in-game.

GLORY TO FERNANDO

So /palg/, which Champion do you maining is a fucking stupid idea

Can't they make a high resolution version for people with actual graphic cards?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>main
Most tell-tale sign of an actual waifufag and/or shitter.

>Which champion do you play
Androxus
>Maining is a fucking stupid idea

"No"

The game was made with Unreal 3, I believe. If we had a UE4 version of Paladins, I don't know what the fuck.

That's her Black Ice skin. Looks marginally better than the default.

Is Skye worth SSD tier?

>florence
nice taste

I mean in the face. Doesn't current Evie look a little older than she's supposed to sound?

Do you miss old Pip?

What the fuck was his old rightclick?

The days when Paladins tried to be its own game instead of Overwatch with a now crappy card system ;_;

>there's no character like Pip in Overwatch

feelsbadman

boo fucking hoo

Dropped a glue bomb that slowed enemies.

Back in the day character didn't have a rightclick.

>tfw you will never play Cassie "3 blast shower 1s CD" again
Feels bad

Paladins was always similar to Overwatch, even before it was announced. When OW was I believe it went through a phase were it tried to be different even though it was OW before OW, but decided to just go with what they originally wanted. I'm honestly very happy with current COTR, never played the early beta though.

Seriously, no takers?

another useless Kinessa, too

fucking kinessa shitters can go rot in hell they are USELESS

match history is so bugged it doesn't even show kda properly

Is the Fernando the only reason your team won?

How are you supposed to play Cassy? I play a hit and run, space control playstyle. I back up if I have no allies about, I support them with cover fire and damage so they can take the point a lot easier. Typically, I play the midrange game. Am I fucking up?

Yes, I'd just be behind his shield throwing axes and hitting q when needed. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, Viktor would be there and I'd use my ult on a big push. But other than that, Draggo was being shot out of the air and wanna be sniper was being counter sniped.

I suck as Grover, any tips?

>flank cries for help then calls us shit
now i've seen everthing

So I noticed in some gameplay videos enemies drop health when they die, but I've yet to actually see that at all yet.

Did they remove that?

no way dude look at this kdr lmao what a n00b he can't make any sick as fuck montages with that

That's my fault. Our damage dealers didn't stop any flanks.

hug tank butt
attack from a distance
don't be afraid to vine away or to a vantage point

No, you're playing Cassie perfectly. She's arguably the most versatile character in the game and the queen of midrange (king is Viktor). Your dodge roll is an instant boost of mobility AND buffs your next arrow shot. A lot of Cassie builds boost her dodge roll and the post-roll arrow. Also, her blast arrow is good for additional damage and reduced healing, and her ult's global vision can be handy at times.

Yes, health drops were very recently removed.

I was getting shit for it so I was curious how I was fucking up.

They probably didn't like that you weren't contesting the point alongside them. Everyone prefers if you were on the point.

Which roles should be capping the points? Only supports and tanks unless the enemy team is dead?

Will never get used to that arc on makoa weapon

YOU HAVE MADE FERNANDO ANGRY

In a perfect world, everyone is capping the point. Then again, everyone excels at different positions. At minimum, the frontline and support should be holding the point; everyone else should be covering the point with their avenues of fire or standing on the point next to them.

Can someone explain how I did shielding as Viktor? What the fuck?

For Cassie, is the health regen or the health debuff more important?

What do you mean? Do you mean burn cards?

Skye is nearly ineffective if one or 2 people get Illuminate and keep an eye out at the back

Why bother nerf

SHe has a card for blast shot to reduce healing and to self heal. Just wondering about the choice

To keep the heat off all the actually good champs for now, thats why

Not necessarily. The point cap speed maxes out with three people on point, and champions like Pip thrive above point throwing heals and damage down. Kinessa should almost never be on point, same for most flankers. Frontline and supports, along with a few of the damage dealers can hold point.

They've tried to make her look younger and this is what happen. So don't bring this up again.

Go for the knockback, self heal only if you have the space to spare.

>pretty good start in a match
>almost capped objective before dying
>suddenly retard support starts whining like crazy
>super spergy as shit blaming me for his deaths as if I had infinite shield on with no cooldown and 360 vision and I was his pocket tank or some shit
>match is lost then and there and I just fling shit back at him, he blames me and then everyone else too
>I went afk since he did that as well most of the time and the match was already thrown because of him
>I still had the most objective time even after quitting 60% through the game

I don't remeber when I've seen someone sperg that hard from so little in any game. He just completely went off after apparently dying a couple of times like it was my duty to protect him first and foremost as if he was some kind of VIP. All he needed to do was stay alive near me at the objective but nope he couldn't even do that and then spazzed out hard.

Only a woman could be as crazy as he was holy shit.

Coolio

HELP ME FIND SOME PIP R34 TO FAP TO /palg/

Took her big tits away...good thing they retconned that.

PASS DOWN FROM GENERAL TO GENERAL, A BELOVED GAME SHOW OF /smgen/ AND OTHERS ITS TIME TO BRING THE 100 YEAR STONG GAME TO /palg/!

ITS TIME FOR A ROUND OF!

GUESS

THAT

CHAMPION!!!!!!

I think the only people crying are those on Reddit who got gibbed by her ulti while standing in a group

I'm good friends with stolzey and smidgen ask me anything

I miss old Blast Arrow Cassie. That was insane.

Most people don't fuss with her Blast Arrow, because there's only so much you can do with it. I may try a Blast Arrow build later, just to see how it feels.

Buck

The face is unfortunate (mostly the eyes and large mouth), but I like the cursed ice arm she's got there.

Who isn't good friends with them lmao

If its not buck, its bomb king

Ooh, this is a fun game.

Viktor?

The king is Makoa.

Fernando

>You will never have an Evie orgy again

Do I take extra arrows then?

I miss old Cassie.

I used to be pretty well known in Paladins comp AMA

did you know that one eats his noenails?

Not going to say which one though

>run into a flanker on Evie

Can we just have an agreement to not fight, otherwise, we both have to waste our time fighting each other when neither of us has the capability to kill one another.

Oooh so close! It's no other than our resident edge lord! But all good choices nonetheless!

but seriously how in the fuck do you manage to get not even one elimination? You just tag someone for like a 1/4th of their health. How does a fucking Makoa manage to triple your damage output? What kind of nonsens is this?

Thank you for all that participated! Until Next Time Folks, there is definitely more to come!

Do i buy Skye or save up for Makoa?

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna try a Blast Shot Cassie build. How much trouble am I in for?

>not killing the shit out of everything that moves as evie

In ways I miss old Paladins. Everything was so hilariously broken, except for Ruckus, he was a pile of shit, but I still made him work.

Not using incitement 4 as Cassie is just being a scrub.

Anyone else wish you could change classes mid-match like in other class shooters?

Kind of annoying being stuck.

save for Makoa and get the free Skye skin which includes Skye for free.

The only people that have no business being on a capture point are flankers not called Buck and Kinessa.

I would hope that if they nerf her it'd only be her ult, the rest of her kit is fine providing you keep an eye out