ZL1 - 650hp / 650tq

Poor ford

Other urls found in this thread:

automobile-catalog.com/make/chevrolet_usa/citation/citation_hatchback_coupe/1980.html
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs-2015-ford-mustang-gt-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gm still hasn't topped the 662 HP of the shelby GT500 from 3 years ago
lel

The new camaros are cool and all but on paper, the mustangs still look better. Same for in person too.

>I think there is a noticeable difference between an engine rated at 650hp and 662hp on two completely different chassis.
>laughinganimegirls.jpeg

>gm can't top an engine that was designed in 2012

>muh horsepower wars
>muh angry angsty teen racer cars with gunslit windows and many many horsepowers

God damn the zl1 is literally gonna obliterate the gt350r and its going to be beautiful

What the fuck is wrong with GM designers?

>OH NO! The new mustang is doing well
>lets make our car even angrier looking
>and give it a predator grill like lexus
>AND MORE CREASES GODDAMMIT
>JUST FUCKING DO IT

Kek and here I am with a measly 300hp lsjuan struggling to get back end to hook

Will it overheat like the vette?

The camaro looks uglier than ever, even the generic transformers body one looks better

All that power in something that weighs 5tons and you can't see out of.

Who really gives a shit.

Honestly looks good, I bet it looks even better irl.
Although the mustang is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely the "prettier" car. I see the camaro as having a loyal, vicious animal

A zl1 beats a 911 gt3 at nurburgring. That speaks volumes... and it's not even the z28

>A 'x with lots of power' beats a 'x with less power' on a circuit with a massive uphill section and extremely long straight under the best possible conditions almost certainly with slicks that were gone after 1 lap
Again, who gives a shit. Actually attempt to use it on a nice mountain road and it'll burn the power away when you go near the throttle and you'll be slow around corners because you can't see the fucking road.

When will this giant grill meme end?

>a 2 ton pony car meant for the masses beats a strict track only car created for enthusiasts

Meh, the visibility isn't that bad if you're a decent driver.

that grille couldn't possibly be nastier looking

Ew, no the mustang is terrible looking. Way too heavy. At least the camaro lost weight

The Camaro SS and GT weigh nearly the same, dumbass.

I like it but
>that parking job

Citation needed

>Ford Transmissions
>Not Overheating and grenading
To Be honest id rather have a overheating trans than a engine that shat itself

$200 oil cooler is the same as a aftermarket $200 trans cooler pretty much of a muchness

Both heavier than citation

Someone should post the funny
drawing of them talking about reducing the size of the windows every year....

Whoever parked that got really lucky.

>on a circuit with a massive uphill section and extremely long straight

There are a lot of turns on the Nurburgring and the ZL1 is only 1 second slower than the Veyron a car with 1000+ HP and $20,000 (per wheel) tires that only last a single high-speed run.

>almost certainly with slicks that were gone after 1 lap

The kind of tires used on the ZL1 were no different than what can be found on Porsche sports-cars.

Was this pic taken off of 287 between Ft Collins and Loveland?

Except everything points to the 650 as being underrated by GM/

Good airflow isn't a meme.

they could make it look a little more subtle but it's the hot design meme.
every 70hp shitbox has it too and i doubt they need the airflow

>supercharger

Nothing to see here folks.

They still haven't topped it.

looks better without that stupid Civic SI spoiler

Trips is right
>reference weights: shipping weight 1096 kg / 2417 lbs base curb weight: 1121 kg / 2471 lbs
automobile-catalog.com/make/chevrolet_usa/citation/citation_hatchback_coupe/1980.html
>Camaro - 3760 pounds
>Mustang - 3817 pounds
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs-2015-ford-mustang-gt-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

>supercharged
pic related triggers the gm cuckold

Ford fangirl here. Only one triggered is you

Why would I be?

>Corvette engineers come out with a "fix" to the cooling issue after Camaro and V engineers have a whack at the LT4

Honestly why buy a Vette anymore when Cadillac and GM's redneck step brother build an all around better car for the money

wat? aren't both those cars NA?

>supercharged

>I have no idea how the real world works
are you unemployed or do you work somewhere where stupidity helps?

>or do you work somewhere where stupidity helps?
kek
He probably works at a ford dealership where stupidity helps him to communicate better with the average customer

they have but they choose to say the engine is 650 for some reason.

No, they haven't. If chevrolet doesn't say otherwise they haven't topped it. Fuck you and your opinion.

Yeah, when it doesent explode:^)

You actually sound like you're gonna cry mate :(

Dynos aren't opinions unless they used magic to loss only like 5% through the drive train.

>muh dyno
Yea, no. Stay BTFO.

You're so fucking dumb
yfw you find out Ford and GM worked together to develop that 10 speed transmission

"Dynos don't count because the results upset me"

>no evidence
kek

Is that the transmission that makes the gt500 weight 4200lbs?

You haven't even posted the dyno numbers idiots.
Wat?

GT500 cannot turn with the old chassis to compete with a 500 horsepower car at lime rock or laguna. It's a fat bull where they tried to pump out the last few units before finally giving in that the underpinnings needed a severe revamp. They can definitely usurp the Z28 or new ZL1 if the set up the way it balances in the apex better and I hope they do because I want competition to trickle down to the pedestrian versions. To say that 662 number on a track is worth the Buffalo shit on a nickel is ridiculous. Nice b8 though.

Camaro needs all those torques to haul its fat ass around.

Took ford over 40 years to figure out how to top a single cam pushrod V8. I'm sure ol Henry is proud of his butthurt blue oval boys.

>"oh please, spoonfeed me mommy!"

>moves goalposts
Thanks for admitting GM literally cannot top the number.

kek, btfo

This, it's the real reason I will never own a modern camero

>no evidence
LMAO

Except the super snake is 950hp
Just not considered "factory" because it has to go to Shelby after you purchase it for mods.
But its still warrantied.

Oh, and the Shelby 1,000 is 1,150hp in 49 state trim.

GM BTFO!!!

>All that power in something that weighs 5tons and you can't see out of.
camaro confirmed for supercar

[GRILLE INTENSIFIES]

Autist 14yo who doesn't understand cars and OEMs

Same. To me the new Camaro is basically perfect except thr fact you can't see shit out of it. Hopefully sometime through the 6th gen GM gives it actual windows but for now it's a dealbreaker.

To bad ohv is reaching its engineering limits. All gm has as a power adder left is displacement. if ferd ever ups the sizes of their refular engines gm will be kill. Apparently a non flatplane crank 5.2 can still hit the 500hp mark

>gm literally cannot top the GT500's engine power
How will they ever recover?

All I said was the it took ford 4 goddamn decades to be able to surpass the pushrod engine. I can admit the flat plane crank is a gorgeous piece of America, but don't sit there and say that 6 years ago you would be sitting on your high horse with a shitty pig of a 5.4 iron Block in the gt500 trying to break into the 11s with drag radials and a bump to the stock boost number with tuning. That bottom end was total dogshit compared to this coyote setup. Yes the new mill is finally solid and makes for the fun competition everyone wants but to only make it a fucking race 4 years out of 40 is stupid to brag about. After all of this I'm sure the ZL1 will overheat too on every test, kek.

12 horsepower advantage and no magnetic suspension? I'm sure the passing contest will end with 30 people ran over and another 14 in ICU

>literally admits they don't make more power
BTFO!!

>I can admit the flat plane crank is a gorgeous piece of America,
you mean france?
america developed the crossplane. caddilac specifically

Is Kumin your waifu?

Maybe.

meanwhile Ford has never made 650 lb-ft of torque

>muh torque
>moving goalposts
BTFO!!

Camaro is 60 pounds lighter
this is pretty negligible until you take the power advantage of the camaro into account. 20 more HP and 50 more ft-lbs.

hpsellscarstorquewinsraces.jpeg

see

Ford makes the best high performance Accord.

Damn that thing is ugly! Definitely not a fan of neither of those but at lest my eyes don't hurt when I look at the mustang.

shit taste

my thoughts exactly. The angles on the sides look like the new mustang and that front grill just cuck my shit up senpai.

They're going to have to stop using pushcuck engines and actually innovate for once.

I hate the way the camaro looks but it doesn't look nearly as busy in person.

I have this