/twg/- Total War General

WOOD ELVES NEVER Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?684262-Trapstila-Vandalarius-The-Exile-of-The-Romano-Gothic-Empire-Updated-March-13th&p=14421258&viewfull=1#post14421258
youtube.com/watch?v=yROppYcAKfA
etc.ancient.eu/photos/assyrian-lion-hunting-british-museum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HAHAHHA here we GO again, another round of stale memes and shitposting.
another round of tomb kangz,meme rats, meme goblins, le ebin vlad, and etcetera.

I'm fucking tired of this general, you autists are the absolute bane of this board, holy shit I would stomp every single one of you meme spouting neckbeards in a second with my bare hands.
For the love of god stop posting these memes, I'm tired, I just want to discuss Total War and not have to scroll trough a wall of memes.
Enough is enough.

Is this a copypasta?

Honestly, I think we need to admit defeat. We dreamed too hard, and got too far.

Look
If CA think that releasing content every 3 weeks is good enough they are fucking wrong.

I demand a wood elf teaser now.

I need a thick dose of wood_elf_teaser.png

What does /twg/ think of romans?

meme civilization

nth for the Vampire Coast

Why do people complain when they unveil dlc. From what i've seen here, you people are DLC fiends and are begging for it?!

Reminder that tomorrow is thursday newsday

WE'LL FIND OUT TOMORROW.

WOOD ELVES OR GREENSKIN/DWARF LORD PACK FIRST?

WILL CA DO A SWITCHEROO TO FUCK THE DATAMINE UP?

I hope not :(

Catamites and Pederasts, and nothing in between.

If only we had somebody here whose auntie or uncle worked at CA

I read the CA wiki page one day and I can confirm that wood elves are cancelled

400AD > 55BC > 15AD > 290AD > 100AD > 200AD

Well you are in luck my friend
Because I have an un

It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.

Why the segmentata is so sexy?

A-user? Did you have a stroke too?

HIROOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, WHERE IS TOMB KANGS, HERE'S A POORLY SHOPPED PIC OF EPIC FAIL MANNFRED, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

YOU MUST CHOOSE.

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?684262-Trapstila-Vandalarius-The-Exile-of-The-Romano-Gothic-Empire-Updated-March-13th&p=14421258&viewfull=1#post14421258

>ywn make a full campaign to post on twcenter and roleplay all of your generals from start to finish

why live

High elves > Wood elves > Dark elves

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a brilliant read, I'm about halfway through Act 1.

I choose America.

*shoots left control panel with Intervention*
*transitions to secondary 1887 lever action shotgun*
*shoots middle panel*
*knifes right panel*
heh.. no more elfs...

From all these campaigns, the High Elven one will be the best.

Start on an island, locked in constant naval combat with dark elves, unify ulthuan then sail towards naggaroth, beat malekith to a pulp and retake the first high elven territory in a long time.

Then after doing this assemble a gigantic fleet to sail to the old world.

cringe

>Lothern, greated city of the High Elves
>A money-grubbing seaport town where shekels are power
>Vast districts stand empty and abandoned because of depopulation
>foreigners almost outnumber the elves, and are the source of most of the city's remaining vitality

Nice faction lad

You sound like my niece. Every 3rd or 4th sentence out of her bratty mouth involves some variant of "ugh, cringe"

DARK ELVES

Simply because of pic related

>inb4 too many charlemagnes when naval combat is reintroduced.

Hmm... sounds like a certain historical faction doesn't it? ;-)

How will Naval Combat work with all these wild variants of ships?

Same way it worked before Empire, auto resolve

>Honorable Goblin

RARE
A
R
E

Edgy Elves >> Homo Elves >>>>>>> Hippie Elves

Britannia seemed a bit too crowded and Gaul had active legions guarding it so i sailed south to Iberia and found some unguarded Roman provinces that also contained iron and gold deposits. Set myself a nice colony along the western shoreline. Will soon have to fight over the control of my holdings since all my neighbours are christian and also culturally and religiously intolerant. Haven't managed to make any treaties with them no matter how much gold i try to rub on their face.

They were indeed pretty based.

How many teef do you think it'll cost the Wood Elf race pack?

It's a campaign pack. Not race pack so the same price as Call of the Beastmen.

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Whenever I see Lusitania I'm reminded of the boat what sank, and subsequently the Andrew Bird song
youtube.com/watch?v=yROppYcAKfA

Honestly wood elves.

Chilling out in nature, getting my dick sucked by teenage bretonnian bitches and having a couple of qt shotas to keep me warm at night.

Just chilling out and killing anybody that decides to walk into the forest.

Reverse the order and you've got it exactly right.

Oi' git! Da DLC iz goin' to be lots of teef

Weather that guy intended it or not, hes now the one thing he claimed to hate, a meme.

how to make Attila run better

Stop playing it on a toaster.

I have a fricking GTX 680 bud

>2016
>not running a GTX 770 or higher

Watch your language!

I have a 960 and it barely runs on 30 fps on quality.

The sad part is Attila runs a thousand times better then Rome 2 on launch.

Are there any good torrents for Attila? The ones in the Piratebay look shady as fuck with no comments nor trusted/VIP uploaders.

There's only like a max of 3-5 ships per faction and what ever flying units they can also have and that's more or less the Man O'War unit roster.

So it's really not that bad.

The size differences though... waow

You're not a child anymore
If you're too poor to afford it, then appreciate the character building of being deprived of a pleasure
If you can afford it, then buy it.

As long as they design it with that in mind it should be fine.

>Inbefore a Dark Elf Black Ark is no bigger than a Quadrireme

Nah I'll rather be a spoiled fuck who wants and maybe get all I want. I have Rome 2 and Warhammer but I want Attila so that I can rape Romans

It's on sale like every two weeks. Just buy it. It's a good game.

Then you will never achieve the inner tranquility that comes with living a good moral life.

>Black Ark get sunks by a High Elven ship with a magic battering ram

Bravo GW

>G2A
Its probably like $10 on there. Thats like an hour of low wage work, and you can feel good about not giving CA money if thats your thing.
Its worth the $10 not to have to bother with the bullshit that comes with pirating too.

Yeah but can anything even get near this? Let alone scratch it.

>75 aircraft which can destroy anything before it even sees the carrier
>two nuclear reactors which mean unlimited operational range
>CWIS guns that shred any incoming projectiles (not that anything in the warhammer universe can penetrate its unarmoured hull)
>on board hospital, gym, mess and recreational rooms
>literally a floating city
>complement of 4000 soldiers on board

Seriously, can anything even TOUCH this?

>elves are a dying race
>meanwhile High Elves have multiple Phoenix gates that hold 10,000 station troops
>Hundreds of thousands of dark elves always perish during major campaigns in Ulthuan either due to "le backstabbing culture XD" or being defeated/broken by High elves despite being equally if not better trained than their cousins

Bravo Gav Thorpe

NEET Elves > Slaver Elves > Tryhard Elves

Warhammer writing is terrible.
>every unit description is written like a self wank blog even for the most awful worthless units.

I liked that documentary about life on a carrier.

As far as Warhammer vs Modern Reality, I think it comes down to how powerful you perceive the magicks to be (and in that comparing magic in the lore vs magic on the table vs magic in the game)

>ancient empires still not released

What year will the setting start in for Ancient Empires? I haven't really been following it.

The date of the founding of the great city of Nineveh

IIRC it starts mid-to-late in the 2nd Punic War.

What does /twg/ think of the Assyrians? When I went to the British Museum one of the most impressive things to me was the Assyrian lions and hunting relief.
etc.ancient.eu/photos/assyrian-lion-hunting-british-museum/
There's a even a lion puking after being shot too much.

Assyrians? Never heard of them. Looks like some kind of araby/tomb kings mix.

>Grombindal is going to be in TWW
>Eventually Malekith will also be added with Dark Elves

Gotta admit, I'm pretty fuggin hyped.

Hey just doing some muckabout testing, what's the hardest charging unit in the game? I figure a Chaos Chariot maybe? Or is the cumulative charge of shock cavalry more significant than a Chariots Unit Charge?

>hardest charging unit in the game?
Khazrak with chariot.

There's a bit of a Chaos Dwarf influence if you look.

Yeah, I see the funny hats.

Best mod for Empire?

darthmod

Or Imperial Splendour, if you want less of a compilation clusterfuck than Darthmod

Their late campaign version is still wip, but good stuff

What's the difference between IS and Darthmod?

Men of the empire's pretty good.

G O B L I N S

thank goodness, I was waiting for you

Still alive, don't you fret

That doesn't sound so unbelievable. Swedes are a dying race, but I bet they could station 10,000 troops at multiple gates.

Besides the memes of elf demographics, what % of the total elvish population is each elf faction? Surely a third of the elven population isn't hiding in those shitty woods, right?

I always figured it was 40% high 40% dark 20% wood

>tuesday
>no annoucement
>thursday
>no announcement

i just want to kill knife ears and impregnate their women, throw me a fucking bone CA

I hope all Elf factions have a slow replenishment rate.

Or something to encourage the whole "WE'RE DYING OFF" thing.

Check both out on twc/youtube reforms you lazy fuck
As an example, IS has a streamlined, tier-based reform system for units while DM just spams your recruitment cues with tons of custom units from other packs
Basically it's about focused design vs. quantity of content

*youtube reviews

Time to hit the sack

>still no fucking damn announcement, trailer or leak

But its not thurday in bongland yet user

??????

>6:09am
>it's not Thursday yet

Alright, let me re-adjust my statement for people willfully misinterpreting it.

The time when they always make their daily announcements is still eight hours away.