Generally speaking, how low can dealerships sell you a new car when paying cash...

Generally speaking, how low can dealerships sell you a new car when paying cash? I'm looking to buy a ford fiesta Eco boost and am wondering how much I should offer cash?

>ford shill thread.
Fuck off
Ecoboost a shit.

Nobody buys new cars here. They're too poor. Go to a different website.

i don't know about all dealerships, but most dealerships don't give a flying fuck about cash. in fact, not a one in my area prefers cash over financing.

additionally, we won't give you more off of a car no matter how you pay. it's $2,000 back of invoice for a camry and that's that, you fucking kike.

only boomers and retards, or people who purchase cars at buy here pay here lots think that cash is king.

take 10 minutes out of your day and fill out some of those forms online that go out to dealerships making them all call or email you endlessly.

make a real looking email and use it only for this purpose. don't put in your phone number or else they will not stop calling you. be polite and straight forward.

when you say that you have a better dealer from another offer, fucking forward that offer. include all of the details and again, be friendly and straight forward.

spotted the poorfag!

Thanks

additionally, while you can mention that you plan on paying by cash or check, don't bother with it. the people on the other end won't give a flying fuck and they'll probably make fun of you for being a dumb piece of shit who thinks that MUH CASH MUH KING.

just haggle, compare offers, ask for a dealership to match or beat an offer, tell them WHEN you plan on buying. also, if you don't need it right now, wait until the end-ish of the month. at some dealerships it doesn't matter, but at others, particularly smaller ones who struggle to hit their goals, it does matter and they will do more for you at the end of the month.

>buying a fiesta
>calls others poor
Kek

god i am sick of the fucking ecoboost

Idk senpai I saved 20% of the sale value paying cash on the spot

>TFW work for ford fleet partner
>TFW $2500-$3000 off most vehicles just by walking in the door

more advice:

use TrueCar, but don't mention that you want MUH TRUECAR PRICE, and don't be one of those fuckfaces who sees the national lowest given sale price and demands that. but, TrueCar will give you a decent-ish idea of where your deal stands and what should be possible to achieve within your area.

if you do the thing that i recommended, where you create a legit looking email account to deal with all of the different dealerships, also make sure to tell each one when they respond to you with their first offer that you are shopping different dealerships. don't be a god damned cock sucker and just say "MUH DEALERSHIPS", fucking let them all know who they're against. dealerships know what their competition sells cars for, so they'll know how low to send a second offer if you ask for one.

also, don't fucking ask for MUH BOTTOM DOLLAR HURRR. it pisses people off and it makes them hate you because it makes you sound like an entitled, lazy faggot. if you put in the little bit of work that it takes to respond to a few emails, you'll get a better price.

yeah some dealerships care about cash, some markets care more about cash, but most don't and fucking hate cash/check because it removes some of their back end. this usually causes the finance manager to try and fuck you harder with every warranty under the god damn sun because he isn't making anything from a lender for using them.

at my dealership we offer the exact same prices no matter how someone is paying.

>paying cash
>saving money

Mate, let me fill you in on a little secret. Dealerships make more money when you DONT pay cash. This country is built on financing and debt. Everyone makes more money when you agree to finance at some meme 4% rate. They also prefer you to finance because it's easier to play the psychological trick of monthly payments when trying to upsell you additional shit

>why not get GAP insurance? It's only an additional $3/month!
>why not get wheel & tire insurance? It's only an extra $7/month!

etc...

but gap insurance is actually something you want

Not really. Insurance company valuations are usually based in reality. if you have any gap at all it means oyu just got scammed by your dealership.

Or you bought a crappy car that depreciates faster than you can pay it off.

My stepdad owns his own business that used to do fairly well. Back in 2002 he walked into the local Toyota dealership to buy my mom a brand new Camry and dropped a briefcase full of cash on the salesman's desk thinking he was hot shit. He said all of the salesmen started walking by and looking in to see it. I don't know what a new Camry was back then, maybe in the low $30k? Not a shitload of cash but not many people have seen that much in person. Two days later two workers from the IRS showed up at his store to audit him. Evidently they thought he was laundering money or running some kind of shady operation. Once they started looking at the books and heard his side of the story though they realized that it was blown out of proportion and laughs were had all around.

not that low at all desu
they make a lot more money off you if you finance so cash buyers can fuck off for the most part

Anyone know when the 7th generation fiesta will be released?

yeah, that's another reason that people who bring in ACTUAL cash (most people say cash and mean checks) piss us off. we have to send anything over a certain amount to the IRS. it pisses the dealership off and if they're in a dealer network like mine is, it pisses corporate off lol

You do realize that cash is considered by the IRS to be any form of physical cash or cash equivalent, right?

i'm talking about dollar bills. we don't have to do much of anything special when people pay with a check, but when people pay with actual dollar bills, we have to do extra shit.

that's all that i'm talking about, not the fucking legal IRC definition of cash you god damned autistic faggot

i just punched myself in the feels by typing IRC instead of IRS.

i miss my IRC days.

a/s/l?

A dealership has to file a form 8300 on ANY cash payment over 10k you fucking retard. If you had half a brain and weren't some retarded tech or commission faggot you'd know what you were talking about. But please, by all means, pretend to know what you're talking about.
>IRC
Fucking idiot.

IRC was cool god damn it. i'm still a retard for typing IRC instead of IRS, but IRC was pretty great.

i'm not a commission or tech faggot at my dealership. i've literally never heard my finance manager bitch about checks (aside from loss of back end), and he bitches about almost everything, so i assumed that if he didn't bitch about having to fill out a form for a check vs having to fill out a form for bills, it must have been different.

i will concede that at this point i probably only have half of a brain.