/owg/ - Overwatch General

Meidition

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749157415

>The Dumb ARG Meme Club
amomentincrime.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11276699
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hana song

Jamison Fawkes!

Canon!

I notced something interesting;
when going to Nepal or somewhere else you fly to you can hear Athena (I think) talking in the background;
it looks like she's saying something about humans but I never got what exactly she said
anyone ever caught it?
I always wonder who she's arguing with

Reaper!

Is it weird if I consistently outheal Lucios on KOTH? Or are these just godly Lucios who are staying on speed half the time, running down targets with Reapers in tow?

Cutest and best pairing

Being a Lucio main and only playing solo queue is so god damn unrewarding. No matter how good I am or how hard I am to hit or how well timed my ults are I just can't carry. Not to say I'm perfect, I'm relatively bad but I can only do so much with a team that can't hit shit.

>be shitter in the 2400s
>wish I had a team to play with just because the game is more fun that way
>people looking for teams are all good at the game

Sorry, should've mentioned that I'm doing this as Zen, if it wasn't already obvious

Might as well keep the poll going until the visual novel drops.

What do you think?
strawpoll.me/11276699

real life friends

play of the game

Blizz wouldn't be bold enough to do it
I guarantee you that the gay characters will either be attractive lesbians or people that have no relevance to the main plotline of Overwatch

yeah, Blizzard doesn't have the balls
they're too scared gamerbro's will chicken out because
>no homo

>Blizz wouldn't be bold enough to do it

Elaborate? I know they've mentioned they want to be progressive with this one. One of the main characters is already on the autism spectrum for example.

>have exactly 50% win rate after 120 games
>200 SR rating lower than my initial placement
Nice game blizztards

Fucking internet fanbases.

Lets talk about buffing Pharah.

1. Her lack of quick mobility in the air without cover makes her the easiest target for hitscans, and even projectiles as slow as firestrike
2. While being an offensive character, she very much lacks DPS outside of direct hits with her rockets. Her E, Shift, and passive do nothing to increase her damage output.
3. She is paper thin with only 200 health and no real mobility unless her long cooldown (that got her in the air in the first place) are ready.
4. Without another ult to help, her ult is almost always shut down before it can be useful. It also can't be use anywhere near any surface because its massive random spread will kill you with self-damage you can't control

Here is how we fix that:

- make concussion missile deal 15 damage and give 2% ult meter for anyone in its radius. 4% ult if you get an environmental kill.

- Change Concussion Rocket to Right Click, Make E new ability

- make E the opposite of Shift(Jump Jet), a downward propulsion into a ground pound when contacting with ground. Same damage scaling as Winston's splash
>Reuse victory pose animation
>Uses Fuel from Hover passive, deals damage relative to the amount of fuel you have, 40 minimum, 95 maximum.
>8 second cooldown

- gain +25 extra Armor for duration of ult similar to bastions tank form that instantly decays after ult

- No self-damage from ult

- health is now 150 HP + 50 shields

There now phariah is useful

Her ult is now no longer a free kill give its weak startup damage and locked movement, she is more mobile in the air and has some options to get more DPS with ground pound and small damage with Concussion, and she is a little more survivable while being a flying snail in a game with large hitboxes and hitscan.

Enjoy the amazing new Pharah.

>strawpoll.me/11276699
It doesn't have the option I would vote for

>have 55% winrate over 150 games
>only 68 SR higher than my placement rank
I don't think climbing is possible unless something clicks one day and you genuinely git gud

Gay is Hanzo like 100%
Lucio might be the other candidate, but it would be boring.

Being autistc is not the same as being gay. No one gives a shit about autists

My gains are always around 17-25 and losses at least 28-30. The only real way to grind ranks is to go on winstreaks, once you start on a 4-5 game streak you can easily get 45-60 points a game.

Hanzo does read as gay to me, although I don't know why exactly

I've heard her say something on Ilios though I can't make it out at all
Does anyone know what she's saying?

Yes, no and maybe are plenty for a yes or no question.

I saw plenty of threads about it and obnoxious twitter posts when it dropped though.

I'm yer fuckleberry

How many of those were "i don't want to play the game with an autistic person in it"?

whoa there

how about no to all of that
then lower e c/d to 10s
and then maybe talk about making her ult shoot a little faster so it isnt a 3s channel
and thats it, those two things alone instead of completely fucking over a character to cater them to your specific flaws because you want another genji-tier get out of jail free character

>Yes, no and maybe are plenty for a yes or no question.
Have you stopped diddling kids every morning? Answer quickly with only yes, no or maybe, faggot

What game modes would you like to see in the future?

>playing Zenyatta
>theres a Mercy on my team
>I'm doing pretty good, got golds in almost everything
>Mercy constantly just damage boosts and never heals
>We win
>I get 7 votes for top healing
>Mercy gets upset that she didn't get recognized at all
>"You guys wouldn't have won if it weren't for me!"
>leaves game shortly after

I was actually excited to have another healer on my team when the game started. What's the point in playing Mercy if you're not going to heal someone nor defend yourself if someone else is attacking you?

5cp, seems like it could be a far more balanced competitive mode.

On /v/ yes and then they evolved into "I want to fuck my autismo poo in the loo".

Honestly when was the last time you saw a game with a gay or bi main character that caused an enormous shit storm? There have been a few over the past year and all of them did nothing but drum up plenty of marketing.

Yes

>my kdr on all of my comp chars keep getting higher
>my rank stays the same
why do I keep getting paired up with shitters

Domination, like in UT. Which is how the Arathi Basin is played

>playing Lucio
>we have a Mercy
>"this team sucks you're letting your healer die every time"
>I haven't died once
This happens bizarrely often too; they seem to think that Lucio isn't a real healer

Not those anons, but Blizzard's already come under fire (sort of) from SJWs for not being progressive enough for their liking - and bear in mind that the most vocal among these are often the kind of people who see minority characters written as humans instead of checklists and take it as some horrible slight against said minority. I doubt Blizzard is going to make that same mistake twice, so they'll likely go with the safest option, which is to make the gay character bland and flawless as a means of virtue signalling. 76 and Reaper have flaws and are relatively multi-dimensional, so making them the gay characters would be """"problematic"""" because it suggests that gay people are awful... or something like that. I wouldn't mind if they were, though. It'd set them apart from the "assembly-line main character and his rival/foil" archetype.

You will be reported to the authorities for child abuse. You are advised again leaving the country

Post your most recent sessions

I like to keep them short and sweet.

that's because Lucio can actually defend himself and maybe you're not utilizing your AoE properly. Try to take note when and why sometimes other healers outheal you and try to work with that.

Other healers never outheal me unless it's a very short match and Zen used transcendence though

you know in your heart that neither zen nor mercy players deserve recognition, since neither requires any mechanical skill or game sense beyond heal this person or spam orbs at that person

LUCIO players deserve votes for putting themselves through the torture of blizzard's most helpful and least tantalizing video game character ever, all in the name of team work

A bad Zen requires no mechanical skill, sure. A good Zen is headshotting nerds across the map

pretty much this. No way any of the 'evil' or 'morally grey' characters will be gay. so prepare for the reveal that Lucio is the token fag. If they wanna play it even safer it's gonna be a woman. So Tracer probably.

>76 and Reaper have flaws and are relatively multi-dimensional, so making them the gay characters would be """"problematic"""" because it suggests that gay people are awful... or something like that.

Except, we don't know what either was like. November should hopefully shed light on that. In the beginning they both seemed rather bland though, if that's the standard you want to work off of. Both were hard working soldiers that valued their positions. And this is going off the art of Reyes when he was made standing commander of the newly formed Overwatch.

If you think that's the angle that's needed, they certainly have room to be written that way. And Reaper even has the advantage of playing the "victim" as the reason for all of his malicious behavior.

I play 2 games per day, but for some reason overbuff isn't showing more than one session.
The last 4 days have been only victories.

Wall riding and his m2 make Lucio much less of a chore to play than Mercy if you ask me

How can such an impactful toon be so boring to play?

He is a lot more fun than mercy though.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with it if Blizzard revealed that one or both of them were gay. I just don't EXPECT it. I agree we can only judge based on what they're like now, though, so you definitely have a point there.

THE WORLD IS ON FIRE

You'd climb the ranks faster if you worked on your positioning more, your other stats are fine.

>toon

How do I climb ranks?

My elims, top 6%; my objective kills, top 3%; and damage, top 14%. I keep getting paired up with people who don't know how to DPS even though I'm tanking like a fucking german panzer and killing lots of things. However I keep losing ranks, please halp

play DPS then
a good rein is worthless if your dps cant get kills

2 or 3 man groups.

Solo queue is all about how lucky you are with your draw of teammates, it has nothing to do with how well you play. If you want to reliably rank up then you need to group up and win games that way, the 1 or 2 other people in your party essentially secure 1 team slot is a good player and lowers how many potential bad players can be on your team.

The only thing I expect is, if a romantic bond wasn't part of the problem, that Reaper receives proper motivation for his actions. Petty jealously would cheapen and even make his character stupidly comical unless they create a friendship were, at one point, those two would live and die for each other. And even then, that is a type of love in itself.

Right now my assumption is Reyes trusted Morrison with everything he had and then felt as though the rug had been pulled out from under him when Morrison took his coveted position. Unless they were extremely close, Reyes shouldn't have reacted so negatively especially considering the incredible job Morrison did. The mature response would to be proud of him but instead he was childish. At least that's how it appears if they end up just being friends.

This all seems trivial except for the fact that their feud right now is the biggest turning point in the story. Everything that happened and the way many of the characters are the way they are now is due to the feud and the lines it drew between characters. If the motivation ends up being half-assed, I can bet you the rest of the story will only go downwards from there.

November may be the lore dump that decides if its even worth following afterwards.

>problems with finding people for qp
dead game

Don't you start getting matched with 5 or 6 stacks in turn though

its 2am senpai and you're probably bad

They all went back to Battleborn obv

That's very well-put, thank you. Regardless of how Blizzard handles their relationship, I hope it's done well.

what about RoadRat?

Got a question regarding mercy's damage boost /owg/,

If i boost a junkrat laying a trap/throwing a mine - will that damage be boosted?

Same scenario but this time i disconnect the beam after he lays them - is the damage still boosted?

Same scenario but this time i connect after he lays them - is the damage still boosted?

too bad all of my friends I usually qp with are really bad. I'm talking never speed boost lucio, suicide charge rein, zenyatta who ults the first thing he does in battle. You know things like that. Shitter things

Not if you max out at 3, you will only see 5 or 6 man groups if yours hits 4 or more.

>solo q ranked
>remind myself to stay positive
>be that fag that introduces himself to the team
>don't bitch about picks
>suggest improvements
>win
>win streak
>5 wins in a row
>playing with this 5 stack
>hold a nice defense, good communication
>wanna join our group?
>sure i guess
>find out too late they're extreme idiots and i was carrying them the whole time last game
>we start to lose
>one of them suggest 'maybe if we play the same classes as them'
>hightail it out of there

Despite the bullshit about leavers, solo que is honestly a lot better than playing grouped with randoms.

>mercy's eyes are red
I fucking knew she was a slut and now on top of it she smokes drugs as well. shit tier waifu right here

yes
yes
no

I don't think that would be a problem. The problem would be that even with all this "progressiveness", gays are still a big no-no in the video game industry, mostly due to insecure teenaagers.
Blizzard will most likely choose the safest route and that is to make one of the women a lesbian (lesbians are more than ok for teen male audiences) and maybe one of the guys bisexual. (My bet is on lucio)
A bisexual character allows them to have their cake and eat it too, they can go on about how progressive they are and at the same time never having to show any icky gay stuff about said hero.

I am pretty certain this is how it's going to be.

I always try to stay positive, but that actually attracts more shitters like you said. Last night I was on a losing streak trying to play tanks and I finally had enough. I told DPS really nicely that I'd really like to DPS. I got to play Reaper and then we proceeded to win. Just after I pull off a team wipe ult one of the guys who were trying to DPS before says "hey wanna queue up after". I agreed and then proceeded to carry the two following games until I realized like you that they were shitters getting carried by me and I was just lucky to have really shitty opponents.

Everyone's playing battlerite senpai

>I don't think that would be a problem. The problem would be that even with all this "progressiveness", gays are still a big no-no in the video game industry, mostly due to insecure teenaagers.

Except the teenagers you're concerned about don't care about the lore. In fact, the lore is irrelevant to the game. The key here is, a former romance. Reaper and Soldier 76 will still be warring as hard and edgy as ever in the present time the game is held. Unless they take the time to buy and read the visual novel, the audience you're referring to probably don't even know there are comics outside of their twitch and esport drama. Presumably.

the reason kdr and medals in elims mean nothing is because you could get a shitload of elims but never get an elim that really matters

like say you never put their healers in respawn, or you don't take part in the big team fights over the point, but you got a lot of assist elims or solo kills off the point

it won't mean much to the team

Why are so many master level players such faggots?

Because we spend all day getting total shitters put into our games and it ruins all potential enjoyment.

Unlikely in my opinion. It's got the same potential for being deemed problematic as Reaper76, only magnified about a million times over because both Junkrat and Roadhog have WAY more obvious flaws. At best Junkrat is morally gray comic relief (which is still a no-no, because making a comic relief character gay implies that gay people are a joke), and at worst he's one leg into outright villain territory. Roadhog, maybe, and that's a big maybe depending on what further characterization we get on him, but at face value he's still a morally bankrupt killer. Their interactions kind of play into this too - while a lot of what Roadhog says can be easily read as a sort of grudging, half-masked concern for Junkrat's well-being, ships have been called triggering and abusive for much less (see Dragon Age Inquisition). I know it'd make some shippers very happy to see Roadrat become canon, but I can just about guarantee you that the majority of the people Blizzard is trying to appease here would shit themselves into the sixth dimension if this were the case.

That's a fair point. I actually wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it played out exactly like that, to be honest.

>yesterday, ilios, decided to play reaper
>I was like hard countered, once I got back in the obj WOAH THERE, headshoot fan died
>lost round 30-100
>next round rein switches
>[Genjimain]: TAAAANK?
>switch to d.va
>red team literally cannot do shit
>win round 100-0 with my team spawncamping them
>next round, barely died once, won round 100-16, enemy again couldn't do shit. one time they destroyed the mech, I 1v2d their mccree and zen as little girls mode d.va

hana song es numero uno

They don't care about the lore, but they sure as hell will care about one of their favorite edgelords being a fag.
And face it, even though 90% of the audience will never see the comic, they sure as hell are going to see the "XY IN THIS GAME LIKES DICK, SUCH WOW, MANY PROGRESSIVE" threads, reddit discussions, gaming press articles it is going to spawn.

Blizzard isn't dumb, they are a huge corporation and they will continue trying to maximize their profits by trying to alienate the smallest amount of people while also trying to get the highest amount of positive media coverage.
They will not take risks, and making the central characters of their first large background lore comic faggots would be a very big risk.

>2016
>not blazing it

That's why I went with the one that's actually pure.

a pure emotionless corpse

>get placed at 2200 after playing support for a friend throughout placements
>team is half of the time composed of shitters
>cannot get to platinum unless I play zarya and I can't play zarya
>pay someone to play for me till 2600
>start playing from there and get to 3200 in a week

sure elo hell is not a real thing

>Blizzard isn't dumb, they are a huge corporation and they will continue trying to maximize their profits by trying to alienate the smallest amount of people while also trying to get the highest amount of positive media coverage.

See this is the point where I'm not following you. If Overwatch was struggling (inb4 ded gaem) I would agree with you. But Overwatch has been, and continues to be, insanely successful with it's lore being mainly outside of the game using other sources of media to represent it. That being the case, they are honestly open to do whatever they please.
Anything that gets Overwatch noticed on the front page of click bait gaming media outlets would only serve to aid them, especially if they have the helm of social justice behind them.

This is the first time a Blizzard game has been in this position. The lore is literally like putty in their hands. Which is why they've said they are still building most of it as time goes on. Whether that's actually a good thing is left to be said.

Then just play scrims instead of comp

Oh wait you can't because you're too shit to be on a real team.

>usually one of the top performers on my teams
>winrate around 55%
>good enough to give my team a slightly higher chance of winning but not good enough to make matches one-sided with my presence
>climbed only 100 SR from placements
Feels stagnant

>pay someone to play for me

But why

But as I said, they can do that WITHOUT taking any risks.
Someone being attracted to dicks while also possessing one is still a huge deal in gaming media and Overwatch is popular so anyone they choose for it will end up getting plastered all over the internet.

So why wouldn't they go with someone they can easily afford to "lose", or is otherwise a more suitable candidate for actually hiding their gayness? You, me, maybe even the artists and the writers might care about doing something new and interesting but the shareholders will only care about profit, and at this size even one or two percent difference in sales means a huge difference to them.

You're average, so of course you're stagnating. Get better, make a bigger impact on the match, maybe learn more heroes well. Gotta put in effort not to stagnate.

Not that guy, but I do have IRL friends playing the game and I would not recommend it because you can't get angry at them if they're shitters. Just try to add good players and make friends through the game.

because I did not want to be stuck in that hellhole where I can't enjoy the game because I have to carry torb symmetra and widow on Dorado attack. It is not fun. and the fact that I went on and got to diamond in a week after that proves my point.

If it were Hanzo do you think people would finally stop picking him unless they'd put a lot of practice into him already and were actually good with him?

what if soldier's biotic field also denied enemy heals within it

Rude.
They are just numbed, Amélie is still deep inside there.

>widowmaker will never murder you by farting on your face

>Scrims

The whole point is to have fun, not grind against the same 6 players for 8 hours at a time.

Why is it taking so long to get in a game now?