youtube.com/watch?v=rYUiI_2qOFA
wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/9945332/
youtu.be/_0_eTbmcPWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yay!

thoughts on lr4 as an overland rig?

No

overpriced.

Good as long as your idea of overlanding is in city parks no more than 20 miles from a Land Rover dealership

Test

They're pretty good. Not my first choice, but they have all the necessary hardware. The most reliable Land Rovers, yet.

Stock zj fag reporting in

If you want to go into the wilderness, drive a Land Rover. If you want to come back, drive a Land Cruiser.

Stock YJ fag reporting in. Need to take some more pics when I get it back out on the ranch.

epic meme

Son, have you seen my Shop-Vac attachments?

I kinda wish I had a Wrangler to build into a badass crawler

kek

It's great. I love this thing, but it won't be turning into any badass crawler. Won't be any visible changes to it, but planning on putting an Eaton E-locker in the rear axle and maybe, just maybe getting some quick disconnect sway bars.

I'm pretty a newbie with offroad but i would ask: what is the very best off-road car in production?

Do you think 10 spline axles are a meme?

Build the Derge

Do you think the Discovery 3 and 4 have 10 spline axles anywhere?

Land Cruiser, Pajero, Patrol.

>brand whoring

The badge doesn't matter. What you build is what matters.

I sense bait

None.

"off road" covers a vast variety of activities each with a different set of preferred equipment and even within that driver preference plays a huge role.

Anyone that claims a badge makes something capable to any noteworthy degree is someone that does not know what they're talking about. These are the same people that think you NEED a Mac for any professional use of a computer including image, audio, or video editing. They also often claim that Toyotas are indestructible, Range Rovers are extremely capable, and Macs are immune to viruses.

>Macs are immune to viruses.
OS X makes it pretty hard to just get a virus, unlike Windows. You have to be very actively retarded.

You have to be actively retarded on Windows as well. I go for years at a time without AV and never have an issue.

The biggest reasons Macs don't get viruses as often is because most viruses are designed to infect the largest target, that being Windows.

But if you're retarded enough to get a virus on Windows you'll get one on a Mac as well. Just might take a little longer. The acts that expose you to viruses are habitual, not one time.

I need the dodge to haul whatever I build though

youtu.be/P5MtAle2NpE
youtu.be/TL7fyyUNRmA
>claim toyotas are indestructible
>matt farah's million mile lexus
They are friendo

Drive by malware is a thing on Windows. Unless something has changed since Windows 7.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

Million miles GM.

800k mile Suburban
youtube.com/watch?v=e3MIuJ8veX0
700k mile Suburban
youtube.com/watch?v=MpcR4Y4SLSE
500k mile Suburban
youtube.com/watch?v=rYUiI_2qOFA
500k mile Suburban
wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/9945332/

Now does this mean GMs in general are indestructible? Absolutely not. They've made some absolutely shit cars. It is however a pretty good indicator that they did a pretty good job with their full size truck platforms.

Definitely not stock MJ fag reporting in. Getting the rear Dana 35 rebuilt this weekend, since I'm able to get it done for under $180 parts and labor(!!!). Finding a new axle and having the perches welded would certainly cost more even installing it myself. I'll get a Chryco axle later when I need to tow stuff, I just want it back on the road again for now. The Chryco will require driveshaft work anyway. As soon as the thing drives again, next up is the speedo cable and shoring up the steering.

3wheeling my old subi. also have a vid of my trying to pull down a tree if anyone is interested.

Post vid plz. Me likey

youtu.be/_0_eTbmcPWo

Me very likey. Good job.

>jeep fag detected
Jeeps always ruin these threads.

Dumb turd. A lifted 4wd C/K1500 is a better off than anything in current production.

lol, nice one

Lol wut

>jeep fag
Did you not rear any part of my post? It wasn't specifically anti Toyota or anti Land Rover, it was anti brand whoring in general. Jeep isn't any better. No brand is any better. Brand is mostly irrelevant.

>Brand is mostly irrelevant.
This is the most retarded thing ive heard all week.

Nice Comanche

Toyotaphiles and weaboos are extremely hostile and perceive anything other than worshiping their car of choice to be a personal attack. It's most effective to just ignore their post.

Glad to see youre sticking to jeep approved trails

>jeepfags and amerilards are extremely hostile and perceive anything other than worshiping their car of choice to be a personal attack. It's most effective to just ignore their post
Ftfy

Just post your bus ticket, we won't judge.

Yup, completely stock and took it up the abandoned road to an old ranger tower at the top of that mountain. 2 feet of snow on the shadow side of the mountain

>on the shadow side
Pussy

bump

>want to offroad
>every club is either super serious business of has a dead forums with no-one posting
>no proper map of trails in region
>local facebook groups are basically about selling parts 99% of the time

I dont understand your criticism, are you only supposed to drive in the sun?

You don't want to associate with Jeepfags anyway

C'mon, feller. Why you gotta be like that?

I know that feel