Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

I'm planning to become a faggot and to get a miata because fuck it, I like how it looks and I want to drive top down

Thing is, I got a volvo 740 (pic very very related) and don't quite want to sell it. Since I can't garage it, i'd still be forced to do it

Redpill me on doing it, I still love the vulva but the fun brought by the miata is really tempting

Keep both and use a car cover.

can't keep two cars. I'm a consultant so i'm moving a lot through the country

>moving a lot
>wants a miata
K

isn't it reliable ?
I don't carry a lot of stuff, btw. nothing that doesn't fit a sportsbag

Is it a turbo?

>isn't it reliable
Yup.
Figured you would have more stuff.
But its not comfy on the freeway for long distances. It will cruise at 4000rpm and be buzzy and noisy as fug.

Buy the Miata and sell me your Volvo because you don't deserve it.

the volvo is not a tarbo. it's a 2.0 NA

yeah, yeah, it's not like I haven't rebuilt the motor/trans/interior after buying it for nothing, heh

Sell the volvo.

Give me the volvo Ill keep it safe.

>2.0 NA
Throw that shit away

>I'm planning to become a faggot
You already are ;)

Post twink

meh. at least it's fucking cheap to operate, since I tuned the Kjet to run with ethanol... but yeah, it's slow AF

sure !

See if a friend will buy it off you or store it for you.

That way if you ever want it back in the future it's still around.

>pre-heat hose still attached
What wizard did you consult to make that happen?

I just bought a new one
not that I think it matters, it's just for the satisfaction to have the car complete

I feel ya, I replaced it on my 240 and it ended up being ripped off. Then bought a new 240 and it was gone on that one.

They're pretty pointless but it still bugs the fuck out of me seeing those pipe outlets sitting there with nothing running to them.

Miata is a fun little city cruiser (for gays and whores)

Drive that low, cramped uncomfortable shit for an hour and you'll hate it

It's not a commuter at all and you are making a terrible mistake

Honestly get a newer Volvo, like the 1st gen S60, it's a great commuter because it's extremely safe and quite reliable

that's the spirit
wow, a S60 ? i'm not ready to put more than 1000$ on a car yet

but yeah, I should have precised, I don't commute with the car. As I'm a faggot, I bike to work erryday, I use the car to travel far/to have fun

What lights are those? I have a 940 and really dig the look

Oh, you're looking for a shitbox. Doesn't matter then anyway but the Miata still isn't a car to drive long distances.

Thought about an older hatchback? Clios are fun to handle too.

these are some old no-brand long range lights. Got them for nearly free

They are quite easy to mount, I rigged them to be triggered by a button and the high beams. I think you should be able to find some Cibié almost everywhere

Clios ? no thanks. If I sell the volvo that's for a RWD convertible or nothing !

The girlfriend rides an old 205 though, it's quite fun

Is that a tranny?

lol no

it's not the first time I hear that here though

stop driving around in my cornfields

Have you actually seen corn in real life senpai?

>2.0 NA
The fuck, I didn't even know they came with engines that small, I thought the redblock was a 1.9 MINIMUM with a 2.3 going into the 7-series?

Is it a diesel or something?

I just completely ripped off the heat shield and that pipe thing, just wasting space under the hood.
I also removed the ac compressor, power steering pump, cruise control module, ac hoses and ac condenser.
All that useless shit under the hood fuck all that noise.

looks like a tranny

nah it's a gas variant. But I'm in France, where a volvo 740 is a giant car and where a 2.0 petrol is a big engine (some coworker told me that the car was '''''''''''''''''''''really fast''''''''''''''''''''''''.... we're so used to small diesel shitboxes)

do you know how the power steering works ? because removing the pump is only step one of a few others

maybe, heh

user your car is sexy (gf too)

i own a 940 and plan to drive it until one of us dies

Keep the Volvo, man. Sure the Miata might be reliable by current day standards, but old Volvos will do 500,000km without significant problems.

Hell, my father's 850 had a million km before the engine finally needed a rebuild, and my mother's is still going strong at 700,000.

If you want another car but can't keep the Volvo then you really have no choice but to sell it.

If you were sure of buying the MX5, you would have done it already.

Have you driven the MX5?
Drive one first, and make your decision easier.

Also, unlike Americans you have like half a dozen options for a small RWD cabriolet under €4000 so you are not limited to just the MX5.

>do you know how the power steering works ? because removing the pump is only step one of a few others
Yeah I know how it works, I just don't care.
Sure, it's really hard to steer now but it doesn't bother me.

Good color. Beige is always nice, especially on bigger cars.

neat
well, the budget was an issue as I was only a student, now that I work I'm considering the thing.

But I might stay with the volvo, who knows, I might have somewhere to garage it in a year or so, I'll see then

This girl has to be the least photogenic person I've seen.

I can tell that she's not bad looking in person, but I can't help being reminded of pic related.

>and I want to drive top down

>unironically not making your Volvo a Kiruna cab