How'd I do Veeky Forums?

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

03 z06

Are you happy with it? If so you did great senpai.

These LS1s manual?

Honestly great older motor and good chassis you did well mate.

Get a tune and you're laughing 350rwhp+

Heads and cams and you'll have an even greater time. Enjoy m8

Dis.

Auto or manual?

>fat merrican
Oh its auto

l m a o

wow!!!!!!

this guy HELLO

z06s are LS6s technically, rated 405 HP in 03-04.

They have slightly upped compression, better heads and cam, some handling stuff as well. They will make about 360+ whp with bolt ons. He probably paid 18-24 grand. They're all manual, and fixed roof coupes, as opposed to the other nonconvertible targa top with the shorter backend.

They have lighter titanium exhaust and are rated to pull a G, as it should with the wide ass tires it gets stock. Almost 50/50 weight balanced, maybe a percent or 2 more in the front.

Regular LS1 won't really make 350 wheel with JUST a tune.

This car holds its value well. Only downside i see, is that even though it has the upgraded parts I listed above, the aftermarket is still superior. Whether it be sways/shocks/springs, wider wheels and grippier tires, or even after market heads and cam. I'd take care of it, you could build a regular LS1 for cheaper and have more HP though.

That's the plan! It had longtubes, xpipe, intake and tune so it already moves. Cam and heads would be beast. Also considering coil overs.

I paid 19500. It has 62k miles and is pretty mint. Loving it so far

Better than $6k c4 guy that owes someone $700

Dat ass. I was going to get a C6 Z06 but didn't want to spend twice as much just to worry about an ls7 dropping valves.

I'm jealous

>plans on doing heads and cam
>worried about factory valve guides
bruh what

I have 20k extra to work on the car instead of needing to fix the car upon purchase.

>no ecoboost

Funny. I had a focus 2 years ago. Never again ford.

ford>chevy

ST*

Too bad ford doesn't make a bus for you m8

Show me a stock C5 and I'll show you a car owned by a dumbass boomer that never pushes it.

Stay mad.

Nice, trying to pick mine up by can't get a ride, fuck 29 palms.

Probably more like an extra 15k but that still gets you a lot of seat time and replacement parts.

If you actually plan on doing HPDE, don't fuck with the car until you've driven it a bit. You'll likely find out that you want to mess with the brakes & fluid cooling before anything else. These cars don't get great airflow through the nose and tend to run hot in factory form once you start pushing the car hard.

If you're just DDing it then do whatever you want and have fun with it.

10/10
Veeky Forums apporves

I will update cooling and suspension before power I'm sure. Also looking for a decent vented hood and dry sump to deal with heat issues.

Not too well.

>not too well
Just like the condition the corvette's engine is in before it completes a lap around the ring

Anderson composites (seibon) makes some decent ones. There are cut-in options but they look jank.

Dry sump will not help with oil temperature - it just mitigates oil starvation. The larger tank may help delay changes in oil temperature, but you're still going to hit the same steady state temps after a few laps. Higher flow oil pump may help but not as much as a better EOC and bigger radiator will. Splitter and vented hood will help but I'd start with the coolers since the aero options will mess with the balance of the car and aren't as idiot-proof.

Coilovers are really nice on these cars. There are some good options for drop in dampers and retaining the factory leaf springs, but it's hard to go wrong with a decent set of coilovers.

kek

Thanks for the tips! Is an EOC external oil cooler?

I love it m8. I had an LS1 camaro, but got rid of it because I know how much better the c5 platform was.

I figured this'd be a good place to ask, but I'm looking at buying a c5 z06, and found one local for $20k w/ 50k miles. It seams like a decent deal, and the dealership has a good reputation, but is there anything to look out for when buying one? any common problems that can be diagnosed before buying the car, or anything else I aught to know about these before purchasing one? I'm already searching around for common problems and such, just figured I'd see if any of you had insight on these cars.

Generally EOC is understood to be "engine oil cooler." That's to differentiate between the trans oil cooler and possibly diff oil cooler as well.

I'd check for DTCs. You can do that from the cluster on C5s by holding the options button down and pressing the fuel button 4 times quickly.

Also check the battery box for any signs of a battery leaking. There's a lot of wiring and electronics under the batter tray so a leaking battery can cause a lot of problems.

good to know I'll keep an eye out especially for the battery acid

Welcome vette br/o/! Looks nice!

Planning on buying a base c5 with targa tops myself to deliver pizza in. I'll be doing mostly city driving - should I install an oil cooler?

I aggressively drive my accord and had to fit a trans cooler on it to not destroy my transmission (again).

cuckphonse will get a kick out of it

>hit pot hole
>total car

There's a reason boomers don't drive them much

C5 a best. Almost looks italian.

Those wondering about oil temps I wouldn't too much. People have tracked them without, and the temp is stated from Chevrolet ok in terms of getting up to 270. I went canyon carving in mine last night (yes night will be much cooler) but it never got above 235 and I was running it pretty hard. I recently had to changes radiator fan assembly. One of my motors died and it would run hot in traffic. Changed to a spal fan assembly and love it. I've never sat in them as my z came with aftermarket seats but I hear the stockers aren't great for anything but cruising. I've had corbeau fx1 pros and now have corbeau a4s. I changed my shifter as well. Picked up a MGW shifter which changes both upper and lower boxes. A slight bit notchy but shifts like butter once I broke it in. Any questions just ask. I too came from an ls1 camaro

ZING! this is going to the front page

Kek 60k more than the Vette, 2 seconds faster around a single track

Go home Nissan you tried hahaha

T R I G G E R E D
R
I
G
G
E
R
D

breddy gud :DDDDD how much did you throw on it

Also check if it has the column lock lcm5 installed. It will fix the column lock fucking you over in the future. Also look out for leaking rear diff, and look under the radiator supports in the front. If there is a lot of damage, it lets you know the previous owner didn't care much about the car.

I'm looking at getting a new shift assembly. The stock one is too tall and the stock knob is huge. Which knob did you get?

The previous owner had a hurst knob in so I just left it for now. I'm debating about getting a c6z knob. I have both the c6 and c5 threads so I have a decent selection. There's a few shifter assemblies to choose from. I went with mgw because reading on the forums it was best all around consensus. Have you joined corvette forum? There is so much on there and they're all pretty helpful.

Yeah I've been browsing there for the last few years. Good way to pass the time lol

pretty average deal for a solid sub 100k z06.
gj user

Ok I had a heating problem I didn't even need to ask, just searched. What's all done to it? Did you get mod red interior? I would definitely get the radioflyer lights, both front and back.

>implying you can carry a full delivery route's worth of pizzas in a fucking corvette

i deliver pizzas in an LS1 Trans Am and i rarely need the backseat

I like the color

>photoshopped lap times
It isn't faster around willow

Black wheels is a great way to make the C5 look like less of a Boomer car. Nice.

Literally was hours away from buying a c5z last Friday but then this ta popped up for less than half the price and even more mint and less miles and i jumped on it. Kind of regretting it because I've had 4th gen fbodies before and really wanted to try the vette.
Great cars though. So multi functional from a performance standpoint

>6 hundredths of a second

Who gives a fuck

251 GHK

If I can get a c6 for just slightly more than a c5z with equal mileage, should I? or is the z06 a better value/ better car?

When did Mopar start spraying vettes?

they want to run hot. search around on ls1tech

>C5 Z06
>automatic
Pick one

If you're getting an ls2, no. If ls3 then possibly. I never got a chance to drive a c6 before I got my c5z, but a lot of people go back to a c5z after owning one. If you look around on the Internet it's one of the best bang for the bucks and has a "racecar" feel according to some. The c6 seems to be more... refined. That said once you go at the suspension it will alter greatly.

What's so bad about the ls2? I hear they can make a lot more power than they lay with bolt ons, not as much as an ls3 though.

how much you spend on it?

There's nothing inherently bad about the ls2, but I've always seen it as the middle child. It made its way into a few vehicles but the ls3 is slightly superior. 30+hp and tq. 6.0 vs 6.2. I believe the all ls3s came with the tr6060 and most if not all ls2s came with the t56. And for the most part the later years will be the most desirable. Supposedly the steering improved as well. That's not to say the ls2 isn't a good engine. But if it were me and my money, I'm holding out till I find a m6 ls3.

The previous owner did almost everything I wanted to do to the car.

XS Headers and catted X-Pipe
Radioflyer rears
LCM5
brass bushings on popups
replaced shitty coolant tank
heatshielded engine bay
replaced battery
interior tray
lift pucks

Radioflyer fronts and MGW shifter are my next mods. Also thinking about doing a valve spring upgrade for safety.

It also has a 160 degree thermo and a Vararam intake with tune.

If i were to ever get another Vette, it would be a c6 z06 or a c7 of some sorts.

Nice. I get a bonus from work next month I'll probably go headers. Just will have to work around ca smog. That's a decent starting list. I've yet to check my valve springs but I'm pretty sure they've been changed as one of the previous owners was a "gm engineer". Still want to peak at them.
I love the mgw, was definitely worth the money. If you got the cash, get the radioflyer fronts. The bi xenon pop up projector replacements. The cutoff is great and it is super bright in very far distance. Plus you can wire the normal lights to stay on with brights. The only downside is because the cutoff is so pronounced, you will hit some spots with no lights on any up down roads.

what are some of the best bolt-ons for the ls6?
cam? heads? headers? . . . . . . . . ?

paid 12.5k for mine
Heads
Cam
Full exhaust
Pfadt coilovers
Makes 430whp on motor

I saw an early Z06, the 385 hp version, at a local dealership for some stupidly low amount. 13k or some shit like that. I know the car is old now but I remember when the Z06 first came out and it was godlike, even just the 385. Part of me really really wanted to go take it for a spin but I could never see myself owning a C5 vette.

cam/springs
tune
should be around 420whp assuming it has a nice intake and full exhaust
stock heads are decent

>tfw I wish I had stock popups

WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOOSE

no seriously what wheels are those, they clean af

>>tfw I wish I had stock popups
do you not do a lot of night driving? I agree that the stock popups are the best if their down, but up they're horrendous

CCW classics race version without lightning holes in 18x11 front 18x12 rear.
Tires are 315/30/18 Falken drag radial RT615ks in rear and 275/35/18 Michelin pilot super sport in the front

CCW classics are the best looking wheel for the C5
I do some and yes the DEPO fixed lights I have are great for that. Also they save about 40lbs from all the shit that is needed for headlights to move.
On the silver car they are not that bad because they dont stand out but on like a red or black c5 they look really really bad

Bought my 01 Z06 for $15k, had 60k miles, full bolt-ons and a cam. Made 433rwhp and 400rwtq.

It had a bunch of small and not so small issues though, needed a battery, tires, an alignment, leaking clutch master cylinder, had DTCs for the ABS control module and lean conditions on both banks.

Damn I want a set of Classics.

how many miles?how much you pay?

my depos fucked up, glue seperated, let water in, lights heated the water and fucked up the light plug

>Those headlights

they are gone now

it's a shame it's so hard to find flush non pupups