V6 2007 Mustang

I have 7k for a car, need to buy from dealer to finance it.

I looked for 3 hours, realized I won't be able to get a classic muscle car for that price.

I can somewhat afford a V6 2007 mustang, if I can be honest I thinks a good looking car but it also makes you look like a shit head.

Thoughts on buying this guys?
I'm fucking poor and cant afford maintenance

Other urls found in this thread:

sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/5679471035.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then don't buy a shitty car. Get a 2008 accord best decision you'll ever make.

>2008 accord
What am I a fag user?

I want it somewhat look like a sports car, jesus christ

Well you're the fag who's poor and can't afford maintenance. Who's the fag now fagboy?

>I'm fucking poor and cant afford maintenance
You'll have to forget cool cars for a while.

Dude if you're gonna get a mustang from before 2011, get a gt or get something else. It'll be disappointing, and unless you supercharge the car, it's going to be slow.

Get a new edge gt, or a foxbody, or get a bmw, or a g35, or a subaru legacy

Youre getting a V6 mustang, that's pretty faggy to me desu

>beta trying to be a chad with a 2008 accord

is Veeky Forums actually this gay

this would be my first car

From what I've seen online the 2007 mustangs arent bad on maintenance, am I wrong?

And if maintenance is a big issue

Volvo s60r

Can you get GT's for under 8k?

Yeah everyone gives the v6 shit, is it just kind of a my dicks bigger then your dick thing or what
does it actually make the car that bad?

You don't buy a 1911 to shoot a .22 do you?

You could get a corvette for 8k bruh

2007 GT mustang owner, 2 months of ownership on a 59K mile car

>Parking brake cable snapped
>Worn tie rod ends and leaking pinion seals
>door trim peeling off from excessive outside temperatures

Oh and I pretty much had to get an aftermarket clutch/flywheel, swaybar, shocks, struts, and springs because the stock suspension setup is horrible and you could fit the entire city of detroit in the wheel wells

New edges yeah

You're on Veeky Forums without a car. If anything you're being the faggor here. And then you're asking if you should get a v6 mustang as your FIRST car. remember high school is only 4 years. Just Get something that's actually worth the money instead of trying to appeal to the girls who won't ride your dick

I'm not typing this out for the 100th time so I'll give you the cliffnotes version

1. V6, especially on pre-2011 models is slow as fuck and heavy
2. It is the epitome of a girl's car; flashy styling and no performance or other metrics (such as muh feelz) to back it up, people only buy them for attention
3. Everybody will view you as the aforementioned retard who doesn't know anything about cars
4. You'll regret not buying a V8 VERY quickly; it'll nag you every time you drive it.
5. There are a thousand better cars for the price

Honestly dude, I've never driven a car besides in a parking lot so I'm not that hung up on speed.
I would like it to go fast but I don't think I'll be racing this bitch
Also people call 1911 gay all the fucking time

What year should I be looking at?
Honestly user Mustang 2007 somewhat look like old muscle cars but most 00's cars look like shit to me

But thats anecdotal shit, is the car known for being bad?

what?

ITT: retards with money making bad decisions.

You are actually considering buying that girl's car?

If you knew anything about cars you would buy a mach1 for the same price

Yeah, it's not my fucking hobby faggot.
I want a car that I like the look of, which is exclusively old muscle cars but this is somewhat of a compromise.
I read the 5k car and the first car list oyu guys post and they all look awful

Yeah, you're not wrong. It's almost like I cannot get a good looking car for under 8k man, it's rough

What would you suggest?

I know theres better buys, but they all look like shitty 90s car man. Maybe I should just hold out for a 60s car

Not at all, only after 2005, before that looks like shit.

You should consider buying a 94-97 miata instead, Its going to be a better experience than any mustang for you at this point in your skills, and budget.

Parts are cheap, the miata is barebones as a car and VERY VERY easy to work on, so you can improve it while improving yourself leisurely. Turbo is only 4000 dollars, the car is around 3000 so you can do it asap if you wanted.

Insurance will be only around 30 dollars a month

Its RWD and manual the two biggest components to fun, it has popup lights, and its a convertible, along with perfectly tuned for flying through corners.

>before that looks like shit
>says the faggot that wants to get a v6

>Yeah, you're not wrong. It's almost like I cannot get a good looking car for under 8k man, it's rough
While I disagree and it's subjective, you can. Hold onto your cash and buy a V8 when you're ready or look elsewhere.

For the money he has an NB would be a far better choice considering it's a DIRECT upgrade from the NA.

Also I'd really recommend not fucking around with forced induction, especially on your first and only car.

The engine is bulletproof and reliable

Everything else is made of glass, get the manual for god sakes the ford auto transmissions are held together with sand. If the door trimming starts to bubble up get that fixed asap or it gets annoying, and with the high heat, upholstery shops have long waits because of this specific issue. The parking brake is a known issue too, Honestly I'd buy a backup e brake assembly as soon as you can just to have it because it will break.

>I'm fucking poor and cant afford maintenance
>But i want to buy something that isn't Japanese made

Dude, trust me when i say this. No mems at all here. By something like a camry, or yes even a civic. I know not buying what you want sucks , but if you cant afford maintenance/can't wrench then you need something with a warranty/reliable. Or buy a 4-5 civic or toyota, buy a haynes manual and learn to wrench yourself.

If you go with that mustang you WILL deplete your finances trying to fix that shit at the dealer.

>2004 camry with 190k miles
>bought at 160k miles for a few grand
>only maintenance it's needed has been standard
>run the shit out of it
>literally no problems

Honestly when I see someone driving an american car I just laugh

>highway driving
>pass brand new camaro on the side of the road smoking
>few miles down a dodge dart is stranded
>all accidents I see are by american cars

It's great

Also you will get harassed by takata recalls

I like the NA over the NB, and its not like he would have to go all the way with the forced induction and max the psi to the mechanical threshhold, he could just boost it for an additional 40 to 60 or so putting the car a bit under 200 hp safely for daily driving.

>shit that never happened and/or confirmation bias: the post

Oh I know I used to drive a BMW and I never had any problems and when I did have one problem, it was catastrophic and the car was totaled from engine failure

It's still worth mentioning the NB handles better, is faster, has a way better interior, is better built, more reliable and in my opinion looks better than the NA while still falling in his budget.

My dad had one, and my friend has one, idk it feels so unfun man.
I think I dislike jap cars

I cannot tell if V6 is actually that shitty or you faggots are like pc gamers who get triggered if you buy a 1060

What are your thoughts on trying buy a 64-70 mustang with my budget? just not possible?

But overall is the car known for being unreliable?
It would actually make me depressed to have to buy a boring car like a camry man
idk

Well If I had 7k, I would rather just get a built 240sx instead of any miata.

>Imagine being so retarded that you think anecdotal evidence even somewhat matters

Everyone is gonna say the same thing. BUY J A P A N E S E
Like honestly why spend money on something inferior. Even if it's just for looks that doesn't make up for being stupid with your money. A v6 family sedan will be just as fast and surprise surprise, it's actually comfortable and doesn't have a plastic wasteland of an interior. In 2025 when you have more money you can get a mustang that doesn't suck herniated balls

>What are your thoughts on trying buy a 64-70 mustang with my budget? just not possible?
For one that isn't falling apart you'd be spending double that thanks to boomer taxes and it's not really realistic to DD one of those anyway.

No but yes. It's really a gamble

Substance over style in the world of automotive shit young man.

If you had a flashy fast car and it lost to a beat to shit turd because of mechanical inefficiency or poor driving skills you would feel bad about it and they would hound you.

If you bring your v6 mustang out instead of looking cool you will turn into a joke if someone decides to do so.

It's not even so much substance so much as it is having your car trying be something it's not. The V6 is a slow piece of shit that's a laughing stock however nobody will care about generic econobox with similar performance specs.

>If you had a flashy fast car and it lost to a beat to shit turd because of mechanical inefficiency or poor driving skills you would feel bad about it and they would hound you.

No I wouldn't.
I don't give a fuck at all
This is how much of a fag I am user, I would love to buy a old VW bug, MG or Karmann gia
I like older cars and the look of cars, as long as it doesn't break on me I couldn't really care if I win or lose a race.

Yeah thats rough, I'm worried about buy one and then if anything goes wrong I dont have the money to fix it

If this isn't a b8 thread, how much do you actually have to put down? How much do you make a month? Do you have any fucking credit?

>feels so unfun man

Have you actually driven one?

Bruh, if your hearts in that v6 get that bitch. Half these fags prolly rolling in a civic with no AC. The GT is nice of course, but Mustang has a big aftermarket for bolt on thats can easily get you the horsepower to keep up with stock or slightly modified GTs and pretty much anything else out there you'd normally see.

3k to put down, parents are financing the rest. They have good credit.
Is the V6 really b8 thread shit? or was it the credit?
I dont make any cash but I have cash coming in when I turn 21, so my plan is to pay them back.
Kind of trying to buy a car soon like within the next 4-6 months because Im tired of taking public transportation to school
I just meant it's kind of a bland small car, small is somewhat of a downside to me, I do like that the mustang weights 3600lbs

Thanks man, kind of what I'm thinking. The only downside is I'm not absolutely in love with the 2007 mustang and I still have late 60s muscle car dreams but I think theyre almost dead.

>>No.15549880
Now if you dont get it 5-spd then your a major fag.

v6 mustangs are actually pretty reliable econoboxes with a lot of merging torque but crap topspeed ironically

I use one on a rebuilt title for pizza delivery, It hasn't broke yet and I don't change the oil or do any maintenance to it, but Id rather have a 94 sentra or something

Def. has to be a manual tho.

>Singles out the one post telling him to get a V6
It's obvious you're set on it and looking for validation but it's a terrible choice. For the record my cars combined are worth 25-30k (to quell the HURRDURR POORFAG NONSENSE) but even if I was a poorfag, that doesn't mean the V6 isn't a terrible choice.

>It's obvious you're set on it and looking for validation but it's a terrible choice.

My real thoughts user on the car are that it's kind of bland, it doesnt have much character to it.
I've always wanted a late 60s car and from what I've seen I wont be able to afford them.
This car is the closest looking thing to a classic that I can afford, I was hoping you guys were going to tell me I could afford some classic shit if I bought right and that it wouldnt be that much of a piece of shit

Seen hella new edge stangs running well into 200k+

Classic shit - you could find yourself a PROJECT for that much. Get your hands dirty and restore it self. I'm from the DFW area and all classic shit, is fully restored vehicles from 16K+ and up.

I called about
sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/5679471035.html

but it was already gone, so I think there might be some out there.

My friend has a 65 he payed 6.7k for and he says its broken down 12 times since hes had it (which seems like a lie).

Maybe I should say fuck it and get a old VW or MG because I really dont give a fuck about performance that much

Honestly, I like being helpful which is why I'm trying to save you the trouble and embarrassment of a V6. Honestly just look up what others have to say about V6s online and then sit on it for a while.

I've been dead-set on some cars, waited on it for a week then realized I've been being a retard and yes that includes a V6 Mustang.

Buy a civic for 3k and fuck off. Imaginary money doesn't exist. Get a credit card and build credit. By then you could actually get a good car.

Also for a fun, good-looking car that for 7k that isn't a Miata you might want to look into an SW20 MR2.

I appreciate it man, I'm not gonna buy a car within the next month. I've only been looking these past 4-5 days.
My only concern with the V6 criticism is that I don't mind what you guys dislike about it.
That being said I havent really driven a car yet so maybe as I'm getting my license I'll want to not have such a fag car

what the fuck are you even talking about faggot

Go ahead and get that old grandpa piece of shit you desire so bad, you deserve to be in financial ruin cunt

The irony in your post is hilarious.

Youre limiting your driving experience and life because of things someone says online. Get behind the wheel I bet its not that bad. Sounds like a insecurity stemming deeper from somewhere.

>That being said I havent really driven a car yet so maybe as I'm getting my license I'll want to not have such a fag car
That's another thing, when I started driving I didn't give half a fuck what I drove. That changed about two months later then for the following years I got REALLY into cars.

>Retarded, obnoxious faggots who think their slow piece of shit is a sports car
To be fair that's applicable to both V6 Mustangs and Accords.

Thanks man

I'm kind of with you on 2015 mustangs not being as cool, I think 2007 is a good year for them look wise

Opposite actually, people use the internet to avoid making mistakes such as dumping money into an unfun, shitty car. We get that you took a week of PSY101 but playing armchair psychologist does not constitute a factual argument.

The only shit heads are the people who have an issue with the car you purchase.

Enjoy your Mustang, OP.

V6 mustangs are for faggots who want instant gratification. Who aren't diligent enough to save until they can actually afford the V8. Or they're women who only like the looks.

This "money you get when you turn 21" is bullshit because it doesn't exist yet.

Buy a civic in cash, enjoy having no debt, get a job and save money to put down on a lightly used GT.

Okay so your mom dont have bomb ass pussy even tho your dumbass popped out of her? Have you driven a v6 stang? New Edge? 05+?

v6/v8 nowadays fall in the same price range if you buying preowned the more modern argument is getting the most bang for you buck while gas prices rice.

Chill, bro. It will be all right.

Nice quads.

You can afford a muscle car if you wanted to. Go on Craigslist and look at old AMCs or a duster or GM A body. You can find these under 7k in decent condition.

My brothers first car was a 69 cutlass that he purchased for 6k. The issue with old muscle cars is that you must be an enthusiast to own one. They break down often and carbs (my favorite part) can be a hassle too. if you do not enjoy working on cars, you will be very frustrated at owning one that is over 70 years old.

If I were you I would buy a c4 corvette. They are cheap, fast enough, good handling, and make you look richer than you are in high school.

Yeah your right, I'm being a faggot about this honestly

>This "money you get when you turn 21" is bullshit because it doesn't exist yet.

It does exist, I have no idea why your speculating on this
even if I was lying why does it matter

Just looked up 1968 AMC and I like the look
I know nothing about cars and Im not sure how my parents can finance from a non dealer car

An old mg or vee-dub are fun cars but require maintenance that old cars deserve. They are fun cars to learn on, but if you don't enjoy cars you will be angered at electrical issues and valve adjustments

Retardedly high insurance until your 25
if you ger a convertible its even more. if u do get the gt, rate will go up even more...

By all means get the mustang. Hopefully you'll wrap it around a tree and kill yourself before you reproduce.

You can get an automotive loan from a bank for financing.

Things to remember, I don't know where you live, but northern and Midwestern old cars have a lot of rust. Look under the car at the floor, the fenders, quarter panels, and the rocker panels for rust. Also put a magnet in a sock and bring it against rust prone areas of the car. If the magnet does not stick to the car in those areas that means the Previous owner used bondo and it is a big red flag!

Also when you first buy the car, change all the fluids like oil and coolant because you never know when they were last changed.

I live in Northern CA.
Before I bought any car I'd take it to a mechanic to have them check it out.

So you can get financing for a car to buy it from a private owner?

>first car
>16 years old
>ameribro
>wants to buy v6 mustang

sorry but you're obviously 15 or 16

underage b&
mods

I have a 2006 v6 mustang and desu it's shit. V8 mpg, v6 power, it's the same engine from the ranger. I'm swapping in the 5.0 this winter because I only got the v6 for insurance reasons and it only had 75k miles. Or I'm getting a focus svt idk

>Heavier is more fun
>Miata is bland
This is bait

Miata isn't bland, it's just not that great looking imo.

Heavier isn't better but I don't mind the look of long bigger cars like a old impala
Miatas just arent a fun car to me, small and foreign doesn't seem like something I like
I just like the look of it honestly

I love mine famalam, but it really is soul-sucking having the v6. The looks and fun phases off around 3 months. The only benefit to it is winter is a cakewalk with the v6

>98-02 trans an
>third gen GTA or iroc z
>00 cobra
You can go fast for 7k user, get a "muscle" car that may not be a classic today, but will be in a few years

Bought one for 9k, do your research better you fucking faggot.
Those v6s are worth about 5k, not 7.
And they fucking suck, i know because i had one.

Go for a V6 only and ONLY if they have the 3.7 liter v6 and a manual transmission.

>Swaping a 5.0
Hope you are talking about the old 5.0 and not the New coyote since that is a shitshow.
You'll spend more doing that than actually huying a 2011 mustang gt.