/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #422

"Today, page 47. Some in the future, the cover." Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings (NEXT EDITION WHEN):
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/lisataiga
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=NmefFcRJbXE
youtube.com/watch?v=yFxoQb5Qkhw&index=5&list=PLdnswrTubyrKi0WQFJAK7EZu3tRW5iVkb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Woah Chloe is left handed I never knew this

Max is #1

The one true Queen.

She also has a navel piercing.

what really??

oh wow that art is gorgeous, please link the artist!

>Chloe is a southpaw

Yet another reason she's the best.

Yep.

instagram.com/lisataiga

Amazing! It's crazy because that's pretty much the only type of piercing I actually like ( I like ear piercings too but they're very common anyway) and I usually don't like tattoos but Chloe's one didn't bother me in the slightest and in fact I really liked her tattoo, it's probably the most aesthetic tattoo I've ever seen in my life.

Chloe really is one hell of a gal.

Thank you for the source! I'm disappointed that that's all we have though... but she only drew that Chloe pic 5 days ago, maybe we could ask her for more? She's very talented. I'd love to see more... Could anyone contact her and ask her?

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Chloe should get a nose ring.

I'm not particularly for or against piercings anywhere, but a navel piercing is indeed one of the nicest ones. And Chloe is indeed a pretty cool gal.

No problem. ...But why don't you ask?

Max is adorable!

I'm very shy online and find it hard to request things from people especially who have made a name for themselves.

Chloe wins.

Chloe is a fuckin' awesome chick. I may see Max as my type but wew Chloe is really something else. She's someone I grew stronger feelings for after the game when contemplating about her. I mean I loved her while playing too but the feelings became something else, she's like a blue haired angel. She's amazing.

She's adorkable

hail to the queen

Well, you can do so anonymously and I'm sure you'll find the people are rather nice, especially if you say about their art things of the nature you do in here!

That said, I can mail her if you really don't want to.

Duh. What do you think have people been going on about all this time. Max and Chloe are pretty amazing, and the only thing more amazing about them is how well they fit and work together.

Even anonymously I'll make a big fool of myself and stumble over and talk with way too much admiration and giddiness. I'd appreciate it if you could do it! you wouldn't go overboard like I would, I even find it embarrassing to post here kek.

I've been here for months and I know what everyone has been going on about and I really love it. I have this feeling of wanting to protect? preserve? I dunno what word I want to use for this but I really want Chloe to heal and be happy and I really want Max and Chloe to be happy together. Very passionate about it.

How many times did you rewind that scene /lesg/?

a-about 4-5 times

How can she be so perfect

OH NO! CHLOE IS ABOUT TO GET SNEAK ATTACKED BY SNEAKY MAX! SHOULD WE WARN HER?

SHE'S GETTING CLOSER!

GULP

TOO LATE ;-;

Oh I'm sure you could handle it. But I did it for you this time!

Let's see if and what I hear back.

We all are. That's why we're here. Well, most of us anyway.

But of course, re-affirmation of that fact is also why we are here. I get you, I feel the same thing. Keeping them alive, capturing their spirit - which is to preserve and protect them.

>"It was none of our business, anyway."
>"It shouldn't have been. But now it is strictly ours... Eh, everything is but an idea, spirit - this story, Max and Chloe, are ideas and spirits. They go on, somewhere. Without us, I guess. Sometimes, when someone here nails an idea just right, he captures that spirit and for a moment we are with them again. Capturing them in words, artistically, musically, ..."

She has Max back with her is how!

Warning is of no use. It is inevitable.

I never realised just how happy Max was to see Chloe. Have you ever seen a more excited smile in your life? Jesus it's so filled with love.

This scene was so beautiful I really got tears in my eyes all over again. thanks a lot user.

She just is. That's Chloe Elizabeth Price for you. She's amazing.

I watched her smiling and happily running to her to hug her but I never saw it as clearly as I did in the screenshots above which plucked all my heart strings.

I feel like they really do exist, they're fiction, sure but they're a memory to us, they're alive in our minds and our hearts. They will always be a part of us.

It's why the end of the game hurts so bad. I never wanted to part company with Chloe and Max ;_;

Me neither man, me neither.

I found this comic but when I try to open the artist's page it says it doesn't exist anymore, does anyone have the rest of the comic?

I think Max is 21 here

I post this here a while ago, but I guess I'll post it one more time in case anyone might be interested.

Its an idea I had for a possible game sequel featuring Max and Chloe. If anyone wants to use this for fic ideas go ahead. I don't write fanfics and I know that DONTNOD will never do anything like this, so what the hell.

And if you think this idea sucks that's fine too. Idea in picture.

>We also have the anniversary of when Chloe and Max reunited.
Quite true! That is indeed a day worth celebrating. As is a general commemoration of various events throughout the week. Culminating in marking the anniversary Max and Chloe drove off to face the future together.

Chloe's only destiny is to live a long and happy life with Max!

Why wasnt Wide Eyes in the game? It would fit great, and they already have Mt. Washington in.

youtube.com/watch?v=NmefFcRJbXE

Sometimes I think people who make stuff like this have a death fetish. Or just like glorifying the idea of Chloe dying in the worst possible way, at the worst possible point in her life.

saved. thank you for posting.

A lot of these artworks were made after episode 4 actually and there was a huuuuuuge gap so people made emotional pictures of Chloe's death there. I gotta say I really like these because they also give me feels about how Max must have been feeling and that whole desperation to save her. Max wasn't concerned a single bit for her own life all she wanted to do while tied up in the dark room was to save Chloe.

Now if that ain't love, I don't know what love is.

You're welcome.

I think Max was probably at least a little concerned for her own life. Chloe may have been her higher priority, but she was probably afraid to die too.

I don't know. You could look at it at that if she was going to die, at least she was going to be with Chloe.
Max didn't know for sure she would survive and only some convenient timing from David saved her. Otherwise Max was going to die and she was not crying or begging for mercy, she was looking death in the face and fiercely calling it a motherfucker.

She faced death right in the face and told him to eat shit. She did not give a single fuck at that moment about anything but Chloe and you know it. She hardly panicked

My man.

Well, she did start crying and said please don't do this...

That's always the first step, to try to appeal to emotion and make your abductor feel bad. But once it's clear that's not going to work then you need to move on to other means. Max navigated through all that very well and bought just enough time for help to get there.
Max could probably be a hostage negotiator if photography doesn't pan out for whatever reason. She has a natural talent for appealing to people and calming them down. Even if things goes to shit, she can rewind to retry the situation.

that doesn't mean anything

She did also have a superpower that gave her a potential means of escape. Without it Max probably wouldn't be much calmer than Victoria.

That doesn't matter in the end she completely kept her calm and her only mission was to save Chloe. It's insane, even in a time like that she got out by prioritising Chloe. Without that determination she probably wouldn't have done as well at all. She was furious and not scared at all during that time. it's just amazing how much strength all that love gave her.

I guess that more than half the players didn't see it that way...

barely. And so many people are just stupid so who cares.

Agreed.

Sadly this is also true. Not that 'If you disagree with my specific interpretation then you're stupid', but some people are just delusional or oblivious when it comes to some things in the game. But that rarely pops up on /lisg/, thankfully, and when it does it usually ends pretty quickly.

I want to hug Chloe!

We know, Max.

Max is going to go far. It will start with small articles in magazines and getting hired by some local people, then it will turn into being featured in galleries and winning contests, at point in the future she will be renowned for her works and perhaps even end up teaching others with a similar passion at Blackwell.
Every step of the way Chloe will be by her side. Supporting, inspiring, and loving her.

>As is a general commemoration of various events throughout the week. Culminating in marking the anniversary Max and Chloe drove off to face the future together.

Please let this be a thing.

There are lots of songs by artists featured in the game that would have fit well. I like to imagine Chloe listening to contrast and compare sometime before the events of the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=yFxoQb5Qkhw&index=5&list=PLdnswrTubyrKi0WQFJAK7EZu3tRW5iVkb

I like the idea of Max teaching at Blackwell too but I doubt she'd ever wan't to go back there. Too many bad memories.

Ahh damn I'm late by a day :(

I was drawing this, since it was Max's special day yesterday. I'm not very good at drawing (D in High school Art lol) but anyways its worth a shot.

Here's my sketch. I might add color but i dunno. Any suggestions are welcomed since its pencil so far.

That's why I think she would want to go back there. To overpower the bad memories with good ones.
It was her dream for a long time to go there and it would be a shame if she forever had to associate the school she wanted to go to with things like Jefferson and Nathan. No, she should return there after a time and when she is much stronger. To show that Jefferson did not win, Max did not lose her innocence or passion for photography and she WILL move on and win.
Plus if Chloe goes into the field of Social Work (As some here, including myself, like the idea of) then she could get a position at Blackwell as the school's counselor. Then they both get to work doing jobs they enjoy and the students will see their love. They're not running from their pasts and their fears, they're embracing them and conquering them.

Of course Max will like those! Chloe, you dork!

I remember you saying you were having problems with the face. But I think you managed it decently and it all works together as a style. As for coloring it, I'd leave that one a sketch. Or scan it onto your computer and print a copy that you can practice coloring with pencils or painting.

The whole point of the ending was to move on and not look back. Arcadia Bay and Blackwell are better off buried.

>bought the expensive one
>didnt even remove the price tag
thats my Chloe. Nice touch.

>problems with the face
yea i tried to draw a proper face, spent an hour, then gave up, and decided to go with the cartoon-style. it looks okay i guess.

>scan onto your computer
I'd love to move it to my iPad Pro and do more work since I have one, or photoshop it a bit. But idk if my uni has a scanner aside from staff offices. i should break in Max style and scan it

I missed it too. Oh man, we'll have to it up to Max sometime later this week.

Add color to that sketch user, it's hella cute.

>The whole point of the ending was to move on and not look back.

Not quite. It was more about accepting your mistakes and imperfections. Examining the things you wish you could change about your life is healthy, dwelling on them isn't. I think Max and Chloe would have the strength to work and prosper at Blackwell. But I think they would rather carve out a new life for themselves somewhere new. Even if I personally like the idea of them living in Arcadia bay.

I don't think that was the ending message.
I think it was more about accepting the past, because that's all you can do, and not worrying about "what ifs" that may appear in the future.

I don't think there would be any issues with using a scanner and then emailing it to yourself.

Them living in Arcadia Bay is at odds with their entire goal. Chloe wanted to leave the town her whole life. And just a month after coming back there for the first time in years Max was pretty eager to ditch the place as well.

I also like the idea of them living in Arcadia Bay. But they would have to work up to it:
-Living with Max's parents in Seattle for a while
-Eventually returning to stay with Joyce and David at times when they're not with Ryan and Vanessa
-Buying their own small apartment in Seattle
-Maybe a phase of going around in an RV and seeing the country
-Ultimately buying a nice house by the shore in Arcadia Bay from which they can commute to work at Blackwell.

It would take years of time for them to fully settle down there. Both Max and Chloe want to explore the world together and see what it has to offer. But Arcadia Bay is their home and where many of their memories, friends, and family reside. They will return to it eventually.

Chloe wanted to get away, but not for the reasons she originally thought. With Rachel she was convinced she wanted a life in a big city and probably full of parties. She associated Arcadia Bay with the negative things in her life. Her father's death, Max leaving, Joyce marrying David, etc.
But throughout the week she realizes she actually didn't want to leave Arcadia Bay, she just didn't want to be away from Max. If Max and her had to be separate then Chloe wanted to be somewhere where there would be no memories of anyone in that place. Once Max returns, Chloe warms up to staying in Arcadia Bay. Her own words were even "I've been trying to get out of here since basically you left".
It's not that Chloe hates the town, it's that she forgot why she lives there. Leaving the physical borders of Arcadia Bay would not have fixed her problems.

Little confused here user. You pretty much just re-worded what I said.

All good points user. Who knows really. I mean they both change so much over the course of the game week. Who's to say what they'll be like in ten years.

Glad we both share similar head-cannon (what a weird word) though.

Goodnight, /lisg/
ILU

Love you too user!

>sail the seas of Dreamland, having tons of adventures, finding treasures, and discovering secluded romantic spots.

Wowsers, that sounds like the best thing ever. May visions of blue haired tokers and freckled wonders grace your dreams tonight.

Repost from previous thread.
>Does anyone have a high-res of Max's Everyday Heroes contest photo? I love it and I want to put it on my cork-board.

Good night.

Wow, this is amazing art. There's something a bit uncanny valley about it, but the detail is awesome.

Switching up the characters is actually a really clever way to make Max and Chloe the protagonists again without it being repetitive. Chloe's development could sit on the side burner and Max could be developed more.

>FOALS poster
>spanish sahara plays on the bay ending
rude desu