Enclave edition every edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>Mods and Patches
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV
>Fallout 1.5: Resurrection
resurrection.cz/en/

>Fallout: New Vegas
>General Information, Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy (Updates in progress)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>Fallout Online
fonline-reloaded.net/
>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cfogad

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

www89.zippyshare.com/v/ldptMtic/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IJcep_l4388
youtu.be/1DD_NCM_RJs
youtube.com/watch?v=38a9ijYI1Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=V2VTulxEDig
youtube.com/watch?v=mpqwcsFSoxs
youtu.be/L6_M5n4KWrE
youtube.com/watch?v=AB-oJLq5rWo
strawpoll.me/11283648
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR EXPLOSIVES

2nd for my wife

>watching the rocket fly into a mutie and turn it into confetti

Big guns are actually way funner in classic Fallout's perspective.

What in the goddamn?

Boone needs to get out

More Traits

www89.zippyshare.com/v/ldptMtic/file.html

tell me what you like and don't like. I can easily change it. All feedback is much appreciated.

Gibs and animations are better.

Watching someone's torso get ripped open by a crit is way more satisfying than all their limbs blowing off in Gamebryo

As for the Merchant/Citizen story, it's a good bit less involved. They guy has seen a lot of the world, and genuinely thinks the Legion might be what the Wasteland needs.

He would be that 'PR' guy we talked about last thread, the type who wants to help the Legion soften their blows when it comes to the common person, but still thinks raiders, all other slavers, and other immoral types need to hang from a cross.

I personally think the Legionnaire one is a bit more compelling.

desertion is punishable by death. so there would absolutely need to be a big pardon on behalf of Caesar. Also, the thing is that they also send Legion assassins after them so the only way for that to work is that they would need to move and hide all the time because he can't kill any of them because it would let Caesar know he's still alive.

it would be much easier if the Legion just thought he was dead.

>So the Courier can do a little quest to get him to side with whatever faction they side with, and help him find the purpose he desires while choosing what's best for his new home.
i love this idea.

Frank Horrigan is a big guy.

That was pretty much the start of his quest. A Legion guy asks you to help with the search, and our hero realizes they're actually looking for him. This starts his thought that he might be actually able to go back, as Caesar has issued a decree that since they were merely following the orders of the now dead general, any of the former Legionnaires who return will not be harmed for their loyalty.

The sale of the Legion soldiers happened around the time of the First Battle for the Dam, so many of the soldiers were overlooked in the casualties.

Hey y'all, I'm looking to do my first RP Legion play-through as well. It's the only faction I have not done it for.

One aspect of my character is that he is very religious, and he carries around the scripture that Joshua gave him everywhere. This combined with some event in his life makes him morally strict and harshly anti-degenerate.

Could you reconcile being a hardcore old-school Christian and being a Legion supporter? I figured he could pull a lot from the old testament to justify things that the legion does.

How should I handle Joshua Graham as well? How would any legion character deal with him, not just mine?

>old school christian
>legion supporter

i don't understand how you can sell people as bodyguards. You volunteer and get paid after. Unless they weren't supposed to question the orders of their superiors. But it's still very loose and I'm having trouble tying this all together.

Wouldn't the men know better that what they're doing is not for Caesar or the Legion? What would prevent them from refusing and then going back and telling others what happened here?

Just spitballing user. I don't see any other faction cracking down on sin except the legion, even if they do it from a secular/pagan position.

I believe I read something JE Saywer posted, which basically said that very few in the Legion question their orders, as refusing to obey usually means death. These guys just knew that they were told to follow these merchants to their destination, and wait for their boss to call them back once they got there.

They were sold more as slave guards, rather than temporary bodyguards. I know the specifics of this idea is a bit fishy, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'd say just be a super fundie but
raises a good point in that a hardcore Christian like you're envisioning wouldn't take too well to the whole "son of Mars" thing. Joshua's faith saved him after he fell, it's not necessarily something that was at the front of his mind when he was the Malpais Legate.

True enough. I don't know what faction to pick then other than Legion. House is a no go for being a peddler of filth. NCR is possibly redeemable, but I have done them so many times I'd prefer not to.

does the "sold as slaves" idea need to be kept? is that an important detail that you need?

you would also need to explain his views on slaves while still as a member of the Legion and you would need to know if he was from a conquered tribe or was born into the Legion.

i also liked the concept of having his worldview changed by living in New Vegas compared to in the Legion and you should include examples of good and bad.

Joshua never really swore to Caesar anyhow. His god was always that of Mormon Jesus

I guess you could approach it from the KKK mindset, but the idolatry and crucifixion would be a pretty hard pill for most "Christian" type people to swallow.

Well, one of the few confirmed Christians in the FO-verse is in the NCR military.

If I can't do both at the same time I'll pick the Christian part.

Alright. Was trying to keep the posts down, but seeing as I've at least peaked your interest, I'll go ahead.

Our guy was from a tribe he was too young, which is why he has the massive culture shock yet lacks the full feeling of belonging. His view of slavery was that this was simply your price and role to play, in making the Wasteland a civilized place and doing Caesar's will.

The slave thing was the only thing I could come up with for a reason he would unwillingly leave the Legion and be forced to get used to freedom, while not holding a grudge against Caesar and his followers.

It was that, or a hilarious bit of incompetence where he and his scouting party go out, get slaughter, he becomes the sole survivor, and essentially gets lost for about four years with the Legion less than 20 miles away the whole time.

And yeah, he sees all the factions in both a good and bad light light, which is why he needs your help to make up his mind. I was even thinking about making him DLC compatible, at least Honest Hearts, so that way you could hear his normally calm and composed self freak the hell out upon meeting the Malpais Legate. And then become inspired by the tale of Randall Clark.

>His view of slavery was that this was simply your price and role to play, in making the Wasteland a civilized place
okay. i like this.

>It was that, or a hilarious bit of incompetence where he and his scouting party go out, get slaughter, he becomes the sole survivor, and essentially gets lost for about four years with the Legion less than 20 miles away the whole time.
How about his superior wanted a quick promotion in the ranks of the Legion so he sent in his men including the companion to die so he can go back to them and lie about being the sole survivor?

The companion was the last man standing and was brought to health by the Followers of the Apocalypse. There he learned about all their ways and including Caesar himself. His allusions to Caesar's Legion were shattered and he tries to wrestle in his mind what is truly best for humanity.

That works well. And it might explain why Caesar doesn't kill him immediately if he tries to come back, given his fondness for the Followers.

Shit, thanks user, this works pretty well.

but then you would have to explain how he realized that he was walking into a death trap and i currently don't have any ideas. Also, who would they be fighting?

Also, do you want him to know more about other factions in New Vegas? Because quite often you come across an NPC and they have all this dialogue on their opinions of a ton of different factions.

And you also need to know the timetable played out up until the moment they meet the Courier.

It's a fair enough skeleton. He doesn't even have to realize he was walking into a trap, it's a typical story telling cliche to simply have the hero be badass enough to survive.

And yeah, he's gonna know a good bit about Vegas. He's enamored with how the tribes became the Chairmen, and has a slight interest in what the Desert Rangers once were, but there's not many people there to tell the tale. But for the most part, he'd be neutral to every faction save the Followers, who nursed him back to health.

Wheres mp5 guy at?!

>He doesn't even have to realize he was walking into a trap
i think it's important so that he can see the parallels of incompetency in the Legion and NCR.

>it's a typical story telling cliche to simply have the hero be badass enough to survive.
and it's great. You mentioned earlier you wanted to take him to Honest Hearts and meet Joshua Graham?

>He's enamored with how the tribes became the Chairmen
but I thought the Legion despises gambling, drugs, and all sorts of degeneracy so you would have to explain that. Also the Legion sees all tribes as inferior. Maybe his opinions changed over time and that he can cut back a little on the vices and that it's not up to the Legion to decide how any person wants to live their life?

>and has a slight interest in what the Desert Rangers once were
there should definitely be a mutual respect somewhere

I think there should be a companion quest in there where you take him to different locations so he can make up his mind. Especially with the Brotherhood of Steel. He can either see them as noble and with good cause or cowardly and self-suiting.

Enamored not with their lifestyle, but more of from an anthropological structure. He's from the Legion, and he's watching tribals become civilized, and it's both horrifying and amazing to him all at once because it's everything the Legion said couldn't and shouldn't happen.

As for the companion quest, I was trying to make it something similar to Niner's / Raul's, where it's not too obstructive, and kinda just happens as the player moves along their story, yet at the same time they can fast travel spam if they want.

>Enamored not with their lifestyle, but more of from an anthropological structure. He's from the Legion, and he's watching tribals become civilized, and it's both horrifying and amazing to him all at once because it's everything the Legion said couldn't and shouldn't happen.
oh i see. that's a great point that definitely needs to be explored.

And as for the cutting back on vices thing I mentioned earlier, I think it would make sense for him to have personal preference after dismissing whatever he was taught in the Legion about why things were banned and considered degenerate. He understands why they are good and bad now.

Also explains why he doesn't freak out if you use a stimpak on him.

Cool, thanks for helping me get this all sorted. I'll start writing up some drafts for the quest, and hopefully poke back in thread when I've got shit to show.

there is so much lore and depth that needs to be put into a character into making him believable so that they can actually exist.

The trick with staying consistent is that you needed to be constantly reminded about every detail at the same time while making decisions. Almost like going through a list of check boxes.

I honestly don't know how Chris Avellone or Josh Sawyer do it. But they're expert tabletop RPers and even Dungeon Masters. Their creativity is beyond what I can imagine myself doing.

/fog/ I want you all to know your like a family to me
And if the rumors are true... I'll miss you

Most important step is to write everything down. Never leave anything up to memory, that way you can remember what you need to add, and what can be removed. And if you need to, you have notes to look back to as they change as a character.

"Johnny Guitar" Johnny guitar plays even more frequently. But Johnny guitar also plays more frequently.

THEREEE WAS NEVER A MAAAN

At your duty post AND awake.
Excellent!

No! Me not care anymore. Me kick you ass.

posting best track in New Vegas

youtube.com/watch?v=IJcep_l4388

Mom?

So out of curiousity would you all be ok with Obsidian making fallout "side games" a la New Vegas basically every time Bethesda releases a new one?

Why not? it's more Fallout , and I'm a huge fallout fanboy

Of course I would want that, but Bethesda isn't going to let it happen again. They likely view New Vegas as a failure.

I'm at navarro, I want to grab the vertibird plans, but I'm not given any dialogue options with Raul, Quincy or the scientists to bring it up. Anyone know why?

That happened to me too.

I already talked to him. I got Snookie out of it, but still no other dialogue options.

Old World Blues has inspired some of the weirdest fanart in the series

youtu.be/1DD_NCM_RJs

What i will never understand about Old World Blues is why people only remember it for it being wacky and zany, which people either absolutely loved or ferociously hated, and not for the plot twist.

Everyone I talked to who hated Old World Blues never beat it or just skipped through the dialogue or is just plain illiterate.

I try and convince people who skipped the DLC to give it another chance and they all want me to spoil the plot for them so they would even consider it. I think people shouldn't be playing role-playing games if they don't have the attention-span for it, but I give everyone a chance anyways.

I hope the rest of the world, and /cfog/ for that matter, is not categorized in that same stupidity as those poor souls.

I read every terminal and note, listen to each holodisk, and never skip dialogue

youtube.com/watch?v=38a9ijYI1Bg

curretnly playing it. So far it's allright. It's the plot twist really that good?

And the most hated track
youtube.com/watch?v=V2VTulxEDig

>lock all the doors in an enemy's lair
>plant dynamite on her bodyguard
>open combat by shredding her with an assault rifle's burst

PUT ME IN A RUBBER ROOM AND THROW AWAY THE KEY

this track sums up the entirety of Old World Blues

youtube.com/watch?v=mpqwcsFSoxs

Sure, the plot twist is interesting, but that's it.

OWB is really 99% "look le wacky dialogue hahaha penises XDD", I know why it's here in the first place but having this shit forced down your throat for a whole fucking DLC becomes fucking annoying, it's like they made the DLC for the Fallout 3 audience.

You're talking like the plot twist is THE absolute big thing. It doesn't make up for the fact that virtually every quest in this DLC is "go there, pick up the holodisk and go back". It's probably why I hate this DLC the most, the progression is slow and you are just told to pick shit up for several hours while having to fight off enemies at every corner possible.

I hate to aound like I'm shamelessly promoing a mod I'm making, but I want somr ideas for bee unique weapnns in new vegas. Names, weapon types, etc. I already made a few, (textured all of them,) and woukd like some more ideas, if anyone has them.

On a side note, which name sounds best for a unique riot shotgun?
Au Revoir! or La Terrible Escopeta?

Yes.

I don't know why Bethesda calls it Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. New Vegas is pretty blatantly the actual Fallout sequel. It's not like the numbers will make the game sell any better.

Imagine if Alien vs Predator's movie was called "Alien 5" and the new Alien movie had to settle for something like "Alien: Prometheus"

On a side note, locations fir said weapons would also be a handy. If anyone is interested in what I have completed so far, just say so.

>"look le wacky dialogue hahaha penises XDD"
that was explained in the plot twist

>It doesn't make up for the fact that virtually every quest in this DLC is "go there, pick up the holodisk and go back"
true. but you actually needed them to leave.

don't make any more ballistic weapons. there is more than enough.

what you need to be making is Energy Weapons. Energy Weapons. Energy Weapons. I cannot stress that enough. Energy Weapons.

I'm mostly trying to cover weapons that have no unique variants. What sort of unique energy weapons are we talking about here? I had plans for a unique Heavy Incinerator and Tri-Beam Laser rifle.

youtu.be/L6_M5n4KWrE

This one is better. I always associate it with Mobius' voice while the Roboscorpions attack you

I was okay with Fallout 4, so I'd be hard-pressed to imagine *not* being okay with another Obsidian Fallout.

but i was talking about OWB as a whole. Not just entire parts.

Recharger Rifle for starters. The gun is total shit. It should be a decent starting weapons but by the time you find one, it's completely worthless. Just like repairing the 9mm. Like who gives a shit when you have the 10mm.

Plasma Pistol, Plasma Defender, Laser RCW, and the MultiPlas Rifle do not have uniques.

Something about the various grenades, mines, and launchers in Fallout games arouses me greatly.

>that star-war tier blaster after followers' upgrade

It only occurred to me last time it was posted in this thread that the Laser RCW is a Tommy Gun that shoots lasers

That's fucking fantastic and I'm doing a run with one as my only weapon after I finish this one and the one after it that I have planned

You did get the best ending, r-right /v/?

I would never betray house, you snake in the grass

>siding with a literal corpse who views you as an errand boy

Top cuck

Fallout 3. any idea why anything isn't working I did a fresh install?

Steam, Windows 10

youtube.com/watch?v=AB-oJLq5rWo

HIROSHIMA
NAGASAKI
ALAMOGORDO
BIKINI

Only if they weren't rushed to hell and back AND they had as much Black Isle/Interplay as possible.

Nah, they view it as better than their games, which it is, but rather than admit it, they make trash and market it like crazy to make people think it's good.

>implying that isn't some hot shit

You're expecting Fallout 3 to run on Windows 10, that's why it's not working.

I just purchased New Vegas for PC and installed mods that my friend recommended, and holy shit, I'm already blown away.

I'd only played Fallout 4, and I never found it satisfying. Coming to this game with the quests, dialogue, plus the modded features that already put it on F4's level gameplay wise... why do people say this game is bad again? How can anyone play 4 after this?

>why do people say this game is bad again
Who the fuck says NV is bad.

>How can anyone play 4 after this?
They fell for marketing "hype", like waifus and minecraft and have shit taste.

A fair portion of the other thread.
Are you stupid?

What did your friend recommend you?

Project Nevada
Nevada Skies
Fallout Character Overhaul
Poco Bueno texture pack
Spice of life
EVE
Plus a bunch of other bug and crash fixes.

I'm new to modding so he had to walk me through it, I was primarily a console person until very recently, and actually experiencing mods versus just hearing about them has been an experience.

Pretty good selection
Have fun, user

Your friend has good taste, enjoy your playthrough.

If you're looking to mod further, there's plenty in the pastebin in the OP.

strawpoll.me/11283648
strawpoll.me/11283648
strawpoll.me/11283648
strawpoll.me/11283648

>the other thread.
>Are you stupid?
No, but they are.

That goes without saying.

I'm waiting for one of you to waste your vote on Johnny Guitar

Forgot to add, if you choose other please post it here, didn't want the list to be long as my forearm.

I haven't been to the other thread, how are they stupid?

I haven't heard it yet, what's so bad about it?

>I haven't been to the other thread, how are they stupid?
They're not exclusively stupid, but a fair portion of them think that New Vegas is a horrible game and that 4 is an excellent Fallout game.
It's a shit Fallout game, but an above current avereage game which isn't saying much

If you want to talk Fallout 4, head there.

it's an alright song but the radio plays it too damn much. I just want to listen to the other songs.

Can't you just delete it from your music folder?

There's a mod that fixes it, user.
I can't play without it.

There's also a version that re-introduces the two songs Sawyer wrote and recorded for the game which only don't play because of the same glitch that makes Johnny Guitar play so often.
It actually plays over where they should be playing.

They're actually really comfy songs too.

I'll go check out the version with Sawyer's songs
Thanks man