/rwg/ - RimWorld General

"Don't let the wargs eat this thread again" Edition

>About
RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

Leave suggestions for the OP as replies to this post.

>Links
Official site: rimworldgame.com/
FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Recommended mods: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Where to get mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Last thread (mauled by wargs):

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.1395
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26151
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck, I quoted the wrong thread for last thread, but considering it's dead since some time, the link is as useful as a convent child sheriff...

Anyway. I tidied a bit the OP, what do you think?

RIP Thread

>manhunter boomalope pack
>they fuck off into the corner of the map as my gunners set up on the sandbags
>friendly caravan comes in the same corner, gets blown up
>becomes hostile
>remaining 2 boomalopes die of starvation

So. I wanted to sell my excellent chairs, but it looks like not even exotic traders want to buy them. I decided to deconstruct them, but not before screencapping their art. Enjoy.

You can't sell chairs?

No...

Looks better than mine did, at least.

They used to but don't anymore. I know they'll buy beds and stools but not tables though, if you're just looking to swap your wood for silver.

It was a waste dismantling all those good chairs, just because I got masterwork/legendary ones already. But oh well, it's not like I'm in an urgent need of silver, got 32k already from crack, sculptures and weapons/apparel "borrowed" from raiders.

NOICE
I was afraid she died. Zard would get pissed.

I got a colonist berserking because he was cheated on. What should I do?
...he has painstopper BTW.

Solved.
AND YOU STILL WONDER WHY SHE LEFT YOU? Now you're going to be jailed until you give up this shit.

How to make the game run smoother? I've been lagging a lot.

Better hardware.

Besides the obvious answer, is there anything ingame I can do? Like, killing all plants or shit like that?

Killing all plants helps a bit, but I won't do much as they grow back.

I don't understand, why does being an explosives expert suddenly mean you're incapable of picking things up or sweeping a broom? This incapable system itself is neat, but over half the class things are just pure nonsense.

Well, I can floor the space though.

It's just a shitty explanation on why she won't haul/clean. Basically a "I'm an expert on my field, leave this low job for the apprentices".

And I agree, but there should have some distinction between "dislike" and "cannot do", and certain combinations (as convent child sheriff) should be disallowed.

Still waiting a raid to test my new elephants.

do flat maps simply have less available steel than maps with hills.

how do you deal with it

>certain combinations (as convent child sheriff) should be disallowed.
At this point someone should make a personality trait just called "FAGGOT"
Effectively the worst of them combine with nothing good. They may only commit violent acts but are unable to use the ranged weapon and have half the hitpoints of anyone else.

Yes. Grow crops and trade with other villages. Specifically bulk traders.

>install lung
>cut up patient's arm, leg, jaw, and pelvis
>"Strong Expert"

Worst part of the convent child-sheriff combo is, sheriffs are supposed to be able to use violence, but convent children cannot. So how exactly did the convent child became a sheriff?

I had a lvl19 doc doing shit like that. I savescummed because fuck that.

ded thred

go home

Real life friends colony is going well

Own quite a few grizzly bears

medics should be the first ones to receive bionic arms and eyes. Even a level 14 medic with enough bionics will have over 100% chance of successful surgery. Then you use standard medicine in a sterile room with hospital beds, vital monitors and a sun lamp to stack the odds.

7 years and I haven't had a single surgery failure

enjoy your bugs

You need to have STRONG light
Nobody operate in darkness

My gettho doctors do, a bed and some shitty red light is all they need to remove organs from captured raider, haven't found a best way to level them (and the money is nice).

Still i'm wondering if the beer+smokeleaf debuff affect the operation outcome.

>not cooking any human being alive (be it wanderer/visitor/raider...etc) by trapping them in a scorching 110 c room or a -260 c room

my cannibal village is doing just fine

>Setting up a research outpost with a full psychotic team for drug and bionic experimentation
>wallace has joined your colony
>fuck it he has good stats he can stay
>Wallace makes friends,starts a garden and lives happily
>find caskets full of injured pawns and capture them for medical care
>Harvest thier organs and feed the rest to the dog
>extreme break risk
I think wallace is the main character, the everyman who uncovered a dark secret.

How tedious is it to play this game? Does it have hours and hours of boring ass resource gathering, like Don't Starve?

no, actually I long for shit to NOT constantly happen so I just have some slow building / harvesting time

>nudists get muscle parasites

Serves them right.

most hated disease?

gut worms

The herpes I got from your girlfriend.

>implying i have a girlfriend

>cotton 70% grown
>cold snap
i guess i wont be getting carpets soon

YES

Carpets are for FAGS
Men uses MANpets

You know, like genetically modified Catgirls and stuff

fucking plague

Is rough cass just fucking with me? Events are as follows
>wanderer joins
>1 man tribal raid
>labradors join
>flashstorm in the desert
>huskies join
I have like a dozen fucking dogs the're eating everything!

so eat them

>colonists only slow down for the first tile of sandbags they walk on
>the next tiles will be 100% speed

huh.

>prison break

Hard to say, gutworms and muscle parasites are awful due to the debuff, but i think sleeping sickness makes the race solely because it takes for fucking ever to develope immunity and colonists like to sleep away the day instead of doing their jobs at reduced effectivity.

They're walking on the bloody things.

magical

What happened? Spontaneous combustion?

There's a corpse dumping zone there, l just drop them there and have someone lit them up, as soon as the corpses start disappearing, the pawns fill it with more bodies

mega or torr?

What is the best arrangement of hydrobasins for 1 sunlamp?

24 hydroponics nazi symbol

this game is shit

YOU'RE SHIT

>(Dead)
Did you mean:

I lost 3 colonist to plague on a playthrough because it hit me early game and I was out of medicine. Shit sucks. Luckily I found some ancient cryosleep caskets and got some pretty sweet colonist recruited shortly after.

DADS GONNA FREAK

I'm guessing you load saves when your wooden house catches on fire? not that I'd blame you.

I love the prison breaks with the savage prisoners mod. I get to thin the herd, and do a little bit of natural selection. Anyone who's arms or legs get torn off by my cyborg security chief gets two peg legs, hook hands and an eyepatch, then kicked the fuck out to weaken their own faction. Anyone whose extremities can resist the tearing power of advanced power arms gets moved to the nice cellblock. Luck is an important stat in my future meatshields.

Never had a fire i could not fight

If you get a prisoner to like you then send them back to their shithole, will they still attack you?

Best prison break I had the prisoner ran to my storage area picked up molotov cocktail and proceeds to set fire to everything I owed. I was laughing pretty hard.

That's why I usually forbid my medicine unless I need it. Colonists got scratches and bruises, they can be treated without med. Bad gunshots,illness or infection I undorbid.

Yea I learned that the hard way this playthrough. Doing the same ow it helps.

So this just came to me.

In Dwarf Fortress, they are called "urist"
In RW, "colonist"

Why aren't we just calling them "ist"?

needs more turbines

a couple questions

how do I fix the EPOE bug where a colonist rests forever?

I can't seem to find the hauler/cleaner bot mod, where can I find it for A15?

are there any furniture building station mods?

I've never had that bug that sucks.

Man playing without phi-server feels really different.

epoe is fixed easily by save editing
you have to delete this line for the colonist from the save
Down
there are only 2 healthstates, dead or down, a normal living colonist lacks this line
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.1395
at the bottom is the post where i got this information

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
this is the mod that adds robots, there is a sub mod made by a different guy who adds the ability to craft the hauler/cleaner robots
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26151
but this also adds some extra bots, i personally use it only for the ability to craft my own haulers/cleaners, dont like the idea for the others

>double advanced power arms

They'd only have a good relationship with your warden, and they're still bound to their faction which hates you. I want them to come back as raiders, because they'll take the place of a functional raider and contribute next to nothing to the assault.

danke schon user

why the fuck are these cunts literally digging through my fucking base. death penalty for them.

My 11x11 freezer and 11x11 kitchen were overflowing, so I decided to move the drug labs to its own place. Wood simply got moved to the main depot...

...yes, I know plenty people will consider the design ugly, but "so pretty".

More like "Pawn" or "Lumi".

Get trading spot, set up for a place OUTSIDE your base where they probably won't go, enjoy.

downloaded both and after loading them I got a pretty big error. might be because I'm on 1282 instead of 1284.

I have it. I think they were just scared the last caravan got decimated by a pack of 40 manhunter boomrats.

Ah.

Well, I also get seriously pissed at those fuckheads completely ignoring a door is forbidden and still going through, but at least they don't eat my crops anymore.

>survival rifle bullet from a trigger-happy pirate 30 squares away finds my colonist peeking around a wall and blows off leg
>blasting a pirate in the face with a shotgun blast at point blank range only takes out his jaw

b-boom, headshot

>1284 not on tpb
welp
fuck my life

Heh, my sniper rifle guy took four shots at a spear wielding raider in the open running towards him and missed, and then at less than 10 tiles the only shot that hit took his head clean off.

How hard is modding/scenario making?
I want to make a sort of tribal scenario where you're basically commanding a pack of niggers - you have no ability to research past neolithic but special, new technologies are provided available such as a stone age drug lab.
New traits would be needed like Kleptomania (colonist steal items and they disappear for good)
Or maybe one that gives people a major social debuff (like ugly) but assigned to anyone lighter than a certain skin color.

You'd be reliant on stealing guns from other factions or selling drugs to get money to buy them. A win condition could be to make a building out of gold and store X amount of drugs inside while having a tribe of say 20 people?
>So how exactly did the convent child became a sheriff?
Several Ways.
Nepotism
they were good at being a yesman/brown noser.
They slept with someone high up to get their position.
Maybe the local mafia needed a moron to look important but, not actually do anything so they got the job.

>parking muffalo on healroot plot

I've had them parking their muffalos on a DEVILSTRAND plot. They never left it alive.

did you load the mods in the correct order ?
misc core needs to be above the other robot mods, i think the crafting robots mod from the other guy needs to be after the misc mods in general

What does incapable of scary mean?

No firefight.

Which plant should I farm for food? Rice?

You numbnuts need to learn to plant your crops in long, 1 tile thin lines so any localized events won't wipe out a single crop type.

I thought that said incapable of firefighting were that the case

Hydroponically, rice.

On fertile soil, corn.

On gravel, potatoes.

Reminds me of a time where my self insert got a headshot from one lucky raider with a charge rifle. And it was going to well...

>Brain destroy

loaded em right. the crafting is there but I haven't crafted one yet so I'm not 100% in the clear yet.

>risking your self insert
>not chilling in the rec room with a beer while others are dying outside

gottem