/rlg/ - Roguelike General

New Demon release adds more Sanctums: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous Thread:

tolcuck shitters need to get the fuck out of /rlg/

who /orb/ here?

Third for Dispater
Thread theme

Out of all the people who need to get the fuck out of /rlg/, tolcucks are among the least annoying.
>pedophiles masturbating to child stomachs
>regular anime pedophiles
>wasps
>occasional /pol/tards

You know a general is shit when a dude fantasizing about sucking 2D horse penis is a better contributor than most of the rest.

Transpose Soul, the orb's second starting upgrade, is actually pretty good. It lets you choose ANY of the skills granted by a demon's modifier, so if you want a specific ability/passive/veil/whatever for a build you can get it really easily

>humble on floor 2
Literally broken

The ratio of demon OC to its player base is, I assume solely because user likes to edit up memes; yes?

>muh pedos

It's why it's above quick summon/unsummon. I can't justify it over LOADSAMONEY and the ability to walk away without fear though.

>not mask
>not scumming everything into rape tunnels
>not getting an extra wave of xp per level
>not picking off hordes one by one
>not summoning healers behind corners to avoid exposing Nero to angelic hordes
>not having fun

My progression went Mask->Orb->Fist but Orb was my favorite now that I've sated my lust for Soul Armors.

Max Magic Mindscream, My Man

Oh okay. I thought you were just saying "translator is good and the thing with it is so bad i'm not even mentioning it"

No I just couldn't remember the name at the time, I wonder though how many non-orb players pick Translator at level 5?

I pretty much always go for it except when I'm Dragon.

post rare tumtums

What's your favorite Roguelike and why?

I don't usually go for translator because I usually don't care about maxing out my PC's skill slots with early crap, and if I did, I would just go for Copy Saver and get to save on my demons for the rest of the game too

sil because of the superior lore

i love to edit meems
>not having a complete skill set before floor 3
>not enjoying the pleasures of dark/ice
Mask is the worst meme

also i was thinking about testing crown, any advice?

There are at least two people fantasizing about 2D horses here. The other one is straight — if only fantasizing about female 2D horses counts as straight anyway.

POUND

Demon. Loadsa abilities, loadsadank mythological flavor, satisfying mix of 'I'm so OP' and 'fugg this is hard.' Also I like drawing shitty comics for it, and it seems others inexplicably share this feeling.

Used to like DCSS, but now it's just feels too goddamn long and has too much popcorn tabbing interrupted by 'lolol RNG has threatened ur HP, will you use one of your 10,000 escape items or die stupidly!? DEEP TACTICS'

Brogue is aight, but the ID game doesn't appeal to me and I'm not gud so it feels too hard to survive and find enough ?enchant.

I fucking love DoomRL, but there's a shittty visual glitch with this new Crapintosh upgrade that makes a grid of dots overlay the entire screen and no solution seems to be forthcoming on the forums.

Are you counting the ponyposter as the straight one?
Because he wants to suck futa mare dick and that doesn't imply bisexuality and implies lack of homosexuality (in men).

Nah, he's the futa lover. I'm the other one — that had posted IWTCIRD and the Sweetie Belle ancestor of Hep once, for example.

most of crown's abilities feel kinda mediocre, but quick summon/dismiss combo is good

It was funny killing Turdak in literally two hits on my last character. Why is next to nothing weak to impact?

Ferret said he wanted physical attacks to feel more reliable, so he made physical types resisted/weaked less compared to magical types, and the resistance/weakness affects physical damage less as well.

How is demon compared to the old versions? Last I played is a build from february and I lost interest when I managed to win once. I don't know, you get the same early guys each game and then the late game ones aren't that exciting because you're at the end and can't use them anyway.

Light/Dark is viable now because of 'cannot fail' and the synergy skills.
Melee is viable because lmao.
The only non-viable runs are pure agi and pure buff/debuff because agi is garbage, buffs are fucking retarded and debuffs only work with dirty needles.

The game needs more branches imo

There's a lot more content and depending on the exact build you played, Currency might blow your mind, but your complaint about the early game being samey may still stand.

I mean, early game being a bit of a chore, that's pretty true of most roguelikes that you've gotten some skill at.

>tabbing through goblins and shit until you find something good

But we had TWO pure agi runs last thread (okay one was a buffer with max agility not a true scottish agi run but still)

>Melee is viable because lmao.
Oh, that's good. I remember trying the dragon eye and could never get anywhere.

Maybe I'll try a character that can actually fight, my win was mask/fire and I basically couldn't do any links that required killing things quickly.

I hate how demon tries hard to be "well designed" by limiting backtracking.

This kind of design means that you need to clear all levels or are likely to start falling behind and thus will have problems clearing levels, which in turn etc.
It already has heavy punishment for failure, it doesn't need to pile more crap on top.

If it was hard, this would make it really unfun.

come back when it's a distressingly furry ringmail

>L - a transparent robe
>the +1 robe of the Moon (worn) {Int-2}

Also Light/Dark has always been viable. Dark because everything is weak to it and it has fucking vigor siphon kiting, light because light dart is OP as fuck. Melee pre-strength buff was kinda shit excluding veil tanks. Buff wins have been done to death by ayayayayayaya, but yea pure debuffs are kinda shit

It still plays pretty much the same just as you described it. Currency when it was first implemented killed pretty much all party/player flexibility/variety compared to training points. Nu-currency makes copying abilities really cheap so it's better now.

It's not trying to be "well designed", backtracking was removed because stair-dancing trivialized the entire game, especially considering that new packs don't spawn and there's no hunger clock like in DCSS. "Falling behind" in later is actually fun and adds excitement. Further, you don't need to clear the entire level to have a chance of winning, I routinely skip levels if there's some faggot hero I don't want to deal with and it's fine.

>backtracking was removed because stair-dancing trivialized the entire game
Would be better to just disable stairdancing itself than making it impossible to grab niggers left behind.

Will an amulet of reflection stack with a shield of reflection?

Back in the days of yore, Demon used to have stairs, not portals

it was shit because since demons are both your opponents AND a major part of your rewards, you could have absolutely stupid garbage like gandayah stashing

the SH stacks but you get no bonus from having 2x reflection

>Would be better to just disable stairdancing itself than making it impossible to grab niggers left behind.
what
you mean have packs that you skipped reappear in a later floor?

Also the warlock mirror has superior reflection.

Would anyone be interested in a DCSS total conversion where instead of fighting dungeon critters and demons, you had to rape them, and they were monstergirls and demongirls?

I'm talking full on multi-choice descriptive rape scenes with individual flavor per monstergirl type.

That would be fun, right?

I mean being able to come back a level if you, for example, clear the current level. Or if the level has no "angry" monsters. Or if the nearest hostile monster is 10 tiles away.

Make stair transition take 20 turns.

Yeah. Maidensnow eve but with a friendly ui

Not unless it's CoC-level descriptive and has ponies.

Yes to lewd roguelikes

No to DCSS

>oh boy time to suck off 300 yaks by mashing tab

What's the change that would make you quit crawl for good? I think for me it would be letting monsters use stairs.

The change that made me mostly quit trunk already happened. It was the removal of ]
But I can still play 0.14 and sometimes a couple of later version games if I have a specific goal in mind.

brogue style stairs would be an improvement

thanks user now i can't breathe

Well it's your fault you got surrounded by yaks. Now tab.

But what the fuck did ] even do
Like really

How would magic even work? Would Firestorm be Dickstorm?

It shows the items that you have equipped, and lets you manipulate them. Basically mixed up % and i.
The reason was "meh, it's probably never used", even though the dev instantly got 2 messages from people who did use it.
After this I lost faith in the direction of the development.

Visions of cumming inside Rupert flood your mind! You cannot pull out of Rupert!

Squirtblast.

Honestly it was the change from being a bad player to being a good player that made me quit

The naga (male) tail-locks you!
The naga (male) squeezes you!
You come...

It's a cute idea but like in every sex and sex related game it would get boring fast.

All you do in those games is mash through the sex scenes to release your 'lust' when it gets too full or whatever. Wouldn't really be interesting beyond the mildly amusing tile swaps of big dicked imps and dildos instead of swords in your inventory I guess.

You bang Dowan like a drum!!! Dowan comes!
You hear a far-off scream of orgasm!

Norris comes into view.
Norris is wielding a Great Dildo of Anal Distortion.+
-more-
Norris shouts!

Sympathetically linked orgasms are the absolute most patrician fetish.

>my mediocre fetish is the most patrician thing ever
What did he mean by this?

The mottled dragon breathes liquid semen! You are covered in liquid semen!

Fool, for ye know not what ye speak of.

Obviously you need the sil penalty for being surrounded.

Then Mara the one man gangbang can truly shine.

>Usk now makes your enemies share their orgasms
>Hep now allows you to visualize your tulpa!

You can now thrust with the beat!
You can now pass through a line of partners!
Uskayaw prepares your partners for your solo!

>Semen Demonspawn
>Fluid Druids

The orb of flaming gyrates!
You gain an erection called priapism!

You thrust! The boggart has almost come!
The boggart blinks!
The death yak fucks you!
The death yak fucks you! x3
You come...

I'd rather have a giant mess than whatever that DCSS dev dreams of for a game

>Sigmund, wielding dick and wearing , comes into view!

Sigmund gestures at you! You feel wet!
You are too wet!
You are too wet!
You are too wet!
You hump the wall!
Sigmund fucks you!

>Trog's Handjob

2 blue balls come into view

is this what a /rlg/ moneyshot looks like?

this is what the death of the west looks like

But I see no headless anywhere nearby

Time to learn mandarin.

Handjobs are fine and all but when do they remove cBlink?

headless gives you head!
you feel refreshed!

You drink the sludgy green potion. It has a very clean taste. It was a potion of Emergency Contraception! Your penises shrink. You feel dry. You feel intelligent. Your urge to fuck disappears.

I must be missing something obvious, how do you win at pixel dungeon?

>pixel dungeon?
wus dat, that android RL?

Can one of these games come out with a universal magic resistance stat already?

I'm getting real sick and tired of juggling resistances, when has it ever been something that inspired any kind of interesting tactical choice or strategy?

the only good magic resistance stat is when it's set to 0 and can't be changed

retard

incursion is based on D&D so you can probably do it there if you manage to somehow acquire Spell Resistance

try polymorphing into a Rakshasa or something idk

Ok you FUCKING game. Atlas shall not slam me today, no sir!

i wish my internet wasn't complete garbage so i could actually download this and play it

GOD DAMMIT

JUST KILL ME

Have you died on the final floor to anything *other* than being slammed by an Atlas?

COME ON AND SLAM
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

mate it's 13mb, the average /v/ thread has that size.

Yep