/ovg/ - Fair and Balanced Edition

/ovgt1/ race start: 20 UTC Sat
/ovg/ Indycar race start: 22 UTC Sat

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/431600/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651939391
youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM
youtube.com/watch?v=7QZC07CyQNE),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for gnik bops

Second for understeer-inducing rear downforce

3rd for zones of fairness

4th for bring SJ home 4 da land

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK DOESN'T IT

delet

Hey guys I just installed Assetto Corsa to compete in Hot Version II and everytime i launch it i get this error, can someone help me troubleshoot this?

>gmotor2
ah, glorious assetto corsa
best ISI-based game ever made

Guys!

Could anyone please gimme links to rfactor mod websites? I searched a lot and all seem confused to me.

store.steampowered.com/app/431600/

what the fuck, it was -20% off yesterday
how evil does one have to be to end promotion after one day

you seem incredibly mad, did james fuck your mom/sister/girlfriend or what's wrong with you? yes he's not 100% correct sometimes, but most of the stuff he has published was spot on.

>trump sticker
>prc sticker
>those stupid eyes on the tailgate

why even defend an insufferable faggot?

ps i love you mikey

Most of it is just commentating on what's happen or spelling out the writing on the wall. James' issue is he enjoys the drama he creates and will do whatever it takes to create it. Why else did he buy into a retarded rumor from some poo in the loo kid.

But his rants about "where are all the drivers online" then to turn around and complain that only one other driver on the grid wasn't a complete shitter in his pick up and race2play races are great. No wonder why everyone drives offline racing against AI. Better than having your name posted on a blog and being acknowledged as a shit driver.

nice

How could one anime poster be more WRONG and STUPID? James' predictions are always right, he is a prophet. OVG is just so bitter because they can't win real races or be right on everything like James is.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651939391

Get hype faggots

FUCK YEAH

youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM

Is this the Goat Simulator of racing sims?

No, it's an accurate simulation of dealing with a trash car.

If by comparing it to goat simulator you mean it being a half assed "ironic" game, sorta.

You actually do put the car together by yourself and its for the most part pretty in depth. That's personally what I like most about the game.

is James a manlet

define manlet

anyone under 6'0

Below 6ft

under 6'5
under 6'0 is turbo manlet

>not wanting to have an advantage in single seaters

do people even use the mumble?

I'd like to join it but i'm just starting with sim racing and everyone here on /ovg/ has simply made fun of me when i tried to ask simple things, instead of making fun of me and then explaining.

thanks

Do you like memes and shitposting? If so mumblr will be perfect for you!

Why does my car drive like shit in rfactor? I can't even do a corner properly. I press up button and the car hit somehwere.

i do enjoy memes and shitposting

what i don't enjoy is elitism

if you become elite then you'll enjoy elitism

are we gonna run the next touge at 100% grip or just keep at 80% so stiguy can cheat with his car?

Grip will be at "old", and don't worry. I de-russian'd stiguy's car.

Also, irohazaka will be cat and mouse, but I haven't decided if it will be sudden death yet.

I want to try and race with you guys on sunday but
but

I've never driven touge things
and I've never watched initial D either
what's it all about? I'm just a regular track guy ;_;

What questions did you even ask?

>irohazaka
I didn't know there was a map for this in AC but now I'm extremely interested.

>I've never driven touge things
>and I've never watched initial D either
>what's it all about?
Running fast down narrow ass twisty Japanese roads. Contrary to track racing, 80-100mph is considered fast as fuck because if you're doing that you're probably about to slide into a guard rail.

Cars race in a cat and mouse fashion. One follows, one leads. If the leader pulls away, follower loses. If follower passes, leader loses. If they make it to the bottom at the same time, then they swap positions and run again until a winner is found.

It's also downhill so power isn't as much of a factor as weight is, which means we can use underpowered shitboxes and still go fast.

There is but it needs fixing as nothing is clipped but the road

Nyowa volunteers to fix it.

Alright I'll practice a bit on the track and sign up if I don't have to do shit on sunday

I ran it yesterday. The guardrails and walls worked as intended.

>was going to join up for hot version 2
>find out dad is dying
well guys, i think i'll be waiting for hot version 3 fellas

unless you made it have 20hp and weighs 2tons, it's still gonna be OP

STi made me think it made somewhere short of 400 hp. But then he told me he gave it 1.6 bar of boost, and looking at the ini, it had 160% more horsepower, which means he is pushing 560hp, but it's still legal so I didn't mind. Anyway, yesterday I fixed his car. I gave it a durable clutch and shifting times that were not like the 40 ms it had. in comparison, a semi-auto 430 scuderia has a shift time of 60ms(youtube.com/watch?v=7QZC07CyQNE), and the imp with a manual 6 speed would shift faster than that. I also added diff values, so the car wont have a way too unrealistic entry and exit speed, and v7 tyres, so now when it will understeer, and it will because now it has actual diffs, the tyres will heat up and drop grip. Also, since I mentioned tyres, all cars will be forced to use the version 7 ones.

Hang in there bro.

Hey guys,

Can you suggest me car games that are under 5GB in size?

Thanks

Absolute Drift, Beam NG, Destruction Derby 2 and Demolition Racer on a PS1 emulator

Can i pirate assetto corsa?

no it is against the law

okay i just bought it

rip gas budget

seei bought it officer

please dont shoot my dog

kek

But if you do that you won't be able to play nordscheife simulator 2016 online!

So... basically it's your typical col de turini tier rally with an opponent?

Provisional server with irohazaka is up. If you have the carpack, you only need the updated impreza and the RX7 from my slot. Carlist is also on the doc in the irohazaka column.

Goodbye ovg, Tracer got some brand new items and I must grind them

3 week date with my waifu

also you will need the night time weather which is in the irohazaka column.

Night time filters are garbo it just makes it all dark and look dumb

>night time
>AC

what did he mean by this?

GIVE BACK THE TORCH

>Tracer
>Waifu

Wow, that's almost as bad as having Kirino as your waifu.

I don't know who the fuck tracer is, but no one in /ovg/ gets away with insulting Kirino.

I have a bf you nerd!

What the fuck have you faggots done to Marko?

Who changed his name back?

>sneaky jews trying to divide based srpska

wow, this has never happened before

>He unironically used a reaction pic because he got mad.

Videogames and animes with all their waifus belong in the trash. Deal with it nerd.

Quickly /ovg/ I need your strongest drifts to help my drifto withdrawal

drift a shit :^)

Unless it's on a snowy hairpin

>those brakes emitting light in darkness
i love modern vidya technology

I wish the snowflakes would reflect off the light when the car was going the other way too and the glowing brakes(?) were on both sides, but fuck, that was beautiful.

Some shitty photos in forza 6, horizon 3 hype doe boys

And I still have no idea where to preorder it for PC.

H Y P E

So this kid drives FWD shitboxes around in circles in the middle of ass fuck no where Canada and that is the experience he goes on to tell if a sim is decent or not? I agreed with everything he said when he first started but it seems that he just likes the attention he gets now and wants to stir shit a la Keemstar. He needs to remember that he's playing video games not driving in the WEC or NASCAR. People that act like idiots or companies that continue to push a shit product will go away eventually, all he's doing is looking like a fool and becoming the villain.

What game is this..?

So night mode in AC with the vintage filter is pretty fucking comfy.

>WEC or NASCAR
mention two literally who series and not F1? youre just as retarded as james.

ok kiddo

james is too fat to fit in a single seater let alone drive one

his cavalier has a single seat try again

that looks noice

dude what

Just wait for his next 'real racing is cheaper' article, where he spins it so it sounds like people sim race to avoid real human bean interaction at their local events, rather than to get a taste of a FIA-tier race weekend, experience a car worth more than their whole life, or anything else that >>>>simulation

Lights don't project any light though, so it's kinda horrible to look at.

that car has the best skins

Yeah, headlights wont work magically now that it's darker. That's the best we got. Deal with it.

Then just play at sunset or sunrise, looks better than fake night. The game doesn't support multiple light sources, forcing nights looks like shit.

But that's only your opinion user. Others seemed to like it.

He's right though, the night time filter in AC is crap

Can I get more suggestions please?