/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Decapacitated Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Space Engineers
>StarMade
>Avorion
>From the Depths
>Factorio
>REM
>Robocraft
>Machinecraft
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Besiege
>Infinifactory
>Scrap Mechanic
>Robot Arena 2
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Algodoo
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

arcengames.com/optimizing-30000-ships-in-realtime-in-c/
sourceforge.net/projects/circuit/
sourceforge.net/projects/multimedialogic/
youtube.com/watch?v=bCq-yTixjt0
youtu.be/8O35riPatiE
strawpoll.me/10997899/r
store.steampowered.com/app/476530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

M__________ is the best /egg/ game.

Nth for my shitty LBP computer.

>80-100 meters long
What's wrong with smol botes?

Nothing really, it's just that sometimes making a small ship can be really hard, specially with having to cram stuff together.
If you build a bigger ship you can usually just plop things in and have space to make it look noice.

>you can usually just plop things in
See, that's the other way around from how I usually do it. I like to start with a central system or two- the missile rack in the case of , or for the PT boat I posted in the last thread I started with the engine, armored it, and let the rest of the vessel take shape around it.

Does anyone know where the fuck the Davy Jones outpost AI is? i don't feel like building a new outpost for resource gathering in that resource zone, so i want to capture it.

I think there's one hanging on a 'chain' outside the main walls, the main one is probably in one of the buildings

>arcengames.com/optimizing-30000-ships-in-realtime-in-c/
A single large FtD ship can probably hold more data than that game's entire state (or at least the parts that are running at the same time).

Thanks, i was missing the chained one, fortress is now mine.

surprisingly the only damage my ships took while capturing the fortress were a small hole on the rear section of the DDG (the big ship) and some damaged blocks when i tried getting the smol bote inside the fortress.

engineering

the fuck are you doing user. Is that a game? Logisim games are the best

>the fuck are you doing user
I HAVE NO IDEA
BUT I CAN'T STOP BUILDING IT
PLEASE FORGIVE ME

That's no game.
sourceforge.net/projects/circuit/

And this has the potential to be one, or at least let you build it.
sourceforge.net/projects/multimedialogic/

Are logic circuit simulators /egg/?

I know what logisim is. I meant if he was building a game IN logisim. I remember doing an "avoid the rocks" game with no CPU a while ago. Downloaded MML, thanks. And yeah, they are engineering. Better than calling robocuck an "engineering" "game"

So I tried learning factorio and as expected, my base is shit, it all started crumbling when I ran out of space to connect production and struggle even with blue science. Also didn't bother with aliens and now after building refineries they are kicking my ass. I just surrounded myself with random turrets for now, but what is next for me? Should I restart or try fighting my way out with flamethrower and start a new better factory?

Go full /dfg/ and fight your way out through whatever means
And remember, losing is FUN

Factorio flamethrower isn't that great tbqh ceмья.

What are all those components user? I might be interested in something like that for my computer.

which at some point I want to rebuild properly to use A B C D IP SP and flag registers and a real instruction set

i built a fighter sized torpedo bomber that goes 110 m/s
i should make a carrier variant one day

Some sub-circuits I cobbled together.
One's a red ROM-controller that operates the 7-seg display, other's a BLUE little counter that I whipped up to, partially test the display, partially just for the hell of it after i discovered that you can set anythyng you want as maximum hooray, no more fucking with comparators!
Nothing groundbreaking, just baby steps and getting the hang of parts I have at my disposal.

Looks like a metal flying squirrel on a pink bikini.

Are you me? How many people are going through digital suffering? Three days ago I made a calculator and decoded the output to a 7 thingie display.

It was combinational logic btw, not sequential as your thing.

I'm a bit baffled by the use of the flip flops in the counter. If I'm understanding what your 4b counter is doing, is that counter going up to 10 and pulsing out to the next counter and resetting?

If thats true what are the flipflops even needed for?

Is there any way to have a separate power supply for your shields, one for you guns, one for your laser defenses etc?

Still trying to learn the game and this is causing me huge dramas. I have large battery reserves but they're useless as a buffer for shields or anything as far as I can tell.

muh boatfu

I'm pretty sure the engine's GUI has options for that kind of thing?

kek, what an OP

I must be dumb then because as far as I can tell it's impossible to keep your shields up on a ship with a large laser system regardless of how much storage you have?

Do they expect you to build the ship in such a way that it never hits max power consumption?

>Do they expect you to build the ship in such a way that it never hits max power consumption?
They expect you to build a bigger ship

Building a bigger ship doesn't really solve the problem of basic power management.

Are you serious? Energy storage is irrelevant and the only solution is to build a bigger engine?

That doesn't sound very engineery

>I'm a bit baffled by the use of the flip flops in the counter.
Y-you too
>If I'm understanding what your 4b counter is doing, is that counter going up to 10 and pulsing out to the next counter and resetting?
[Clk] wire acts as both clock and a trigger for the first counter.
When it reaches 9 maximum set in attributes it pulses the [D flip-flop] that propagates the signal to the other counter when the "clock" pulses again.
By the time D-flop pulsed the next counter, previous have zero'd already.

The use of D-flops is the only way I managed to make it work reliably.
Hope what I wrote is understandable.

>That doesn't sound very engineery
That's the way FtD is designed

>left hand holds black cable
>right hand holds red cable
BUT WHO WAS CAMERA?

C̶̶̨̨̙̖̺̖̻̃̍͌ͭͫ̏̓ͪ͜ ̸̶̌̍̓ͫ̋ͮͩͭ̒ͫ̆ͮ̄̓̐͒͠҉̻̞̺̳̗̝͔̝̫̼͝Lͮͫ̑̇̑̒ͣͬͨ͏̝̜̤̫͈̬̺̙̫͖̼͕̞̹̼̫͝ͅ ̛̦͔̫̫̝̺̰̤̙͙͙͖̲̠̥̩̈́ͦ̀̒̒͋̈̀͝Ǎ̸̾ͬͩ̅ͪ̇̍̔̇̏͊͐̂ͧ̿͟͜͏͚̩̼͚̘ ̷̵̱͓̤̠͕̺͓͎̤̖͕̼͉̘ͤ͛̈̿ͩͩͪͫͮͪ̏̈̍̏̈́ͭͧ̐ͅN̸̢̩͙͇̹̬̫̦̎̌͗̏̓͗͋ͣ̈́̈́͒̊̊ͤ͆ͩ͗̀̚ ̨̧̦͍̪̬͕͉̗̣̯͖̝͔͈̹͋́ͮ̔̄̔̔͂̀͞G̨̛̘̳̼̖̲͕̼͚̱͖̜̎ͯ͗̒͐̐ͦ̕͠͠ ̡̢̜̮͚̬̻̗̲͎̝̘͉̖̙̙̉̄ͬ́̇ͬͬͤ͊̿̅͒̂̌

How many of you are engineers in real life or in school for engineering? If so, what type of engineering is it?

I'm in computer engineering. Hopefully for the last year

i wish it was as squirrely as the flying squirrel

studying CE
prolly going to go back and get second bachelors in EE

getting a diploma for mechanical engineering
i may consider getting an engineering degree when i go to university

According to nexis and nick they are working on RPM management for engines. (And some missile stuff). I guess that will improve the energy aspect. But I really wish you could make separate power grids. Or give priority to who gets power

wtf, why don't you get a master's in ECE?

School doesn't offer it.
Also I don't think I can get masters in nanoscale science mixed with computer engineering anywhere.
Nanotech is taught as a subset of EE here.

So is the Warbros serbian online with the changes? Should I switch to DEV branch when I get home? I Haven't logged in more than a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=bCq-yTixjt0

>Are logic circuit simulators /egg/?
KOHCTYPOP and algodo are, so yes.

>Energy storage is irrelevant
why?
also, nice ship

>hanger
>e

>hangEr
>LSG
>it doesn't even vacuum the floor properly

absolute trash

Hunger

>hangREEEEEEEEEEEE

You can shut your factory down and just rebuild everything from scratch. The pause in production output will reduce the biters attacks.

It is only lost, when you have no materials to expand.

Electric engineering and suffering (Tm) here. 3rd semester
What do you mean you get a engineering diploma but don't go to uni?

youtu.be/8O35riPatiE

What's wrong with this anime's hand?

A little bit. How much will it cost anyway?

Nobody's holding it

We'll know in a few hours

i'm studying in a polytechnic, and in my country polytechnics are the equivalent of junior colleges and don't offer degrees.
i can skip a year at university if i do decide to enrol in an engineering related course though, i think. But i'm definitely going to forget a lot of things since i have to spend 2 years in the military so i don't know if it's a good idea

I meant it as a question. If there's a way to stop your shields going down by using batteries I'd like to hear it since I'm stumped.

>nice ship

Thanks I'm really happy with it and this game in general. FtD is so satisfying when things work out and fun when they don't.

I didn't really understand what I was doing and tried to build a fuel efficient laser ship for campaign mode. It's not a complete failure though since it scored 900,000 damage and 13 efficiency in the tester which is far better than the other two vehicles I've built so far.

The angled hull seems to be really good at deflecting bullets too. It has stayed at 100% health for up to 40 seconds in the test.

Then go to another school, wtf. you don't need to go to grad school the same place you got your bachelor's

Reminder.
strawpoll.me/10997899/r

>Skelecopters
MAKE IT HAPPEN, FUCKDAMNIT

>no limit
but magic is not infinitely powerful, there is some amount of force that is imparted on the bones, the bones can only move as fast as that force can accelerate them, and presumably there is a limit to how long that force can be sustained due to mana

you don't need higher education to do digital logic etc.
I mean heck, consider KOHCTYPOP, how many who play that game have higher education? How many Logisim users have?

>you will never get high off education from a video game

I got my BS in mechanical engineering one year ago. Still haven't found a job.

i'm assuming you're using lots of electric engines attached to your batteries already?
>FtD is so satisfying when things work out and fun when they don't.
This, so much.

>i'm assuming you're using lots of electric engines attached to your batteries already?

Yes but all that seems to do in ftd is give you 10 electric engines outputting 800 power each instead of 1 engine with 8000 power. I'm not sure extra engines actually improves the discharge rate.

You will also want more has engine power to keep the shield and lasers running

rate my /egg/

stealthy and slow

/egg/thetic

turn off the stealth field user

This is my night mare. Do you live in America? Do you live in a major city?

Are you White? Black? Brown? Yellow?

So, you guys still breaking Besiege over your knees? Any new webms?

besiege was FOTM 2013 or something, user

we're all about shooting down hype for new games nowadays

Yesterday was still stable, but Ced said we moving to dev soon.
I think the exodus thing got canceled.

22.99€

I was gonna buy it, but not at that price, so i'll just take a look around

>tfw irl car wheel starts to show sign of CLANG
>tfw it probably fucked up the power steering
Am I blessed by CLANG?

you can always refund it

Yeah, kinda pricey. I'm not even sure i have enough autism to enjoy it.
Torrent when

I've searched it and haven't found it yet. I'll search again in an hour

>store.steampowered.com/app/476530
>just released
>25 dollars
why

$12 for me. Benefits for living in a 3rd world country

If you've bought it, could you tell us how fun it is?

It's too autistic for me, sorry

Go back to DotA general, then.

White middle-aged male, living in utah. Got a BS in ME with a 3.0 GPA and one internship. Still no jobs.

DotA actually requires far more skill and intelligence than most kiddo games here.

>it's literally impossible to enter 100
How do you manage to survive on a daily basis, when you fail such a simple task?
>start at 20
>add 0 to have 200
>highlight 2, replace with 1
Alternatively
>start at 500
>highlight 5, replace with 1
I'm not even trying to defend FtD's notoriously bad UI, but what the fuck, user.

inb4 the same 50 fucking frogposting retards that think memes are funny reply to this

You can't highlight in textboxrs in FtD.

>too autistic
In what sense?

>You can't highlight in textboxrs in FtD.
Then i've done some kind of CLANG tricks all my life.
Have you tried double clicking the text?

I bring you: THE PATRIARCH (version 2)

(more pics to come soon)

He is a big guy uuuu with over 14k blocks. The hull is only 1m thick or less in all possible places, and there is a second layer of 1m armor in a "box" around the middle stuff. Besides that I've tried to keep the block count down without sacrificing looks.

Fuck, why I'm suddenly so bad at this.