Would you drive Hummer H1? I think it's kinda cool...

Would you drive Hummer H1? I think it's kinda cool, but honestly it might be one of the few cars (along with ridiculous lifted trucks) I'd be too ashamed to drive, just because the level of douchebagginess associated with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

amgeneral.com/files/specs-sheet-m1165-domestic-09-15.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=CXvxIy4YupI
hmmwv-official.com/
youtu.be/uMsrjeny5pE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The h1 is probably the only hummer i Would drive, i mean just look at it looks like it could drive through A fucking house.

I feel the same, but I'd choose this instead because special snowflake

>the level of douchebagginess associated with it
That entire association is just normies that pretend to be enthusiasts.

Most normies don't make that association and nor do real enthusiasts.

Hell yes I'd drive one.

>Would you drive Hummer H1?
I do, kind of.

Why Are these things so fuckin expensive, i saw A late 80s surplus humvee that was beaten to hell for like 20000$?

Where'd ya get that? Is it beast off road?

They can really just go for a lot, especially if they are registered and plated and everything.

The ones I have all came into civilian hands like 12ish+ years ago. These things really are beasts off road. That HMMWV right there got through some really stupid thick, oily shit on the Red River that I think would have pretty much sunk anything else. When they're in M998 configurations like that one, they're really capable. Their reputations really get shit on from when they started uparmoring them with hundreds of pounds of shit they weren't designed for and tried to force them into that role, but they're great and comfortable to ride in, especially with those upgraded military seats in them.

>really old pic coming through

Wow, that's cool as hell. Humvees come only with diesel engine right? The fuel economy must still be horrible though, like 10mpg or something?

Yep, these all have the original 6.2s in them. They also have 6.5 Turbodiesels now that they kinda put in just because they were cramming so much armor on these things. Fuel economy's no bueno.

>literally caring what strangers think about you

Holy shit haven't seen that dog in forever.

Big dog was a meme before memes were called memes.

>They also have 6.5 Turbodiesels now
Source? I got out last year and have never seen a turbo diesel HMMWV

Yea, they're using the 6.5 in the uparmored shit.

amgeneral.com/files/specs-sheet-m1165-domestic-09-15.pdf

No.

>turn into my driveway in H1
>get stuck between the gate posts
>get stuck again between the house and the fence
>get stuck again in the garage opening

I needed a spotter the last time I tried to get a Sprinter van into my courtyard.

i like this one

Top lel

the transition from image macros to every fucking thing being a meme was dumb imo

Modern memes are just crossbreeding old image macros together and being obnoxious with them. See: the evolution of sadfrog.jpg and feelguy.jpg

>Big dog

4 u

Because even though they might be beat to shit they'll still drive for years if properly maintained. Also remember that 20K is what, 15-20% of the original cost, maybe less. The govt pays an overpriced amount for them.

no u don't
youtube.com/watch?v=CXvxIy4YupI

>pepe
>kojak
>old memes
wew

sorry about your penis :(

Have another one.

>removes two whip bases but not other antenna
Damnit fucking lwm lazy fucks

It's the only hummer that should have ever been made. The others are an abomination. I'd drive the shit out of an H1.

What?

You would be shocked to know how many Big Dog t-shirts have been printed.

dat new steering wheel

No, but I'd drive an Iltis as a DD. I remember zipping around in one once or twice in the CF, and just smiling the whole way. I think I'll be snagging one for my next car.

This. The other hummers are gigantic pieces of shit.

the Humvee was always an expensive vehicle. Its a military vehicle, and a special built one at that. This isnt a Willys Jeep that was designed to be fucking carried by a few guys. this thing was basically meant to be the ultimate off roader the military could afford.

of course there's also the meme factor involved.

when the civillian version hit, that alone was basically a luxury car.

Consider: the average price for a car in 1992 was about $17,000. The most basic model of the H1 had a suggested retail of about 40,000.

This is a vehicle that only existed because Arnold Schwarzenegger begged for it, and he bought the first 2 off the assembly line. So, naturally, it costs Arnold Money to buy one. they also became scarce when fuel prices skyrocketed in the mid-late 00's. They were already scarce because not everyone could afford one, and the H2 and H3, which were much more affordable, (as they were built on existing GM truck platforms, not the original Humvee one) drove up the meme factor.

So when the gas went up, all 3 generations of the Hummer went bye bye. Now that the oil bubble has popped and gas has gone down, theyve become desirable again, driving up the price.

not to mention, these are vehicles that they army still doesnt really want to let go of. It's being replaced on the battlefield, but for everything else, its still the truck they want. So they will only part with it if they really need to, and they are gonna milk every penny out of you because they know how desirable they are

so this is a thing
hmmwv-official.com/

[spoiler]and it can't be sold in the US because of our regulations[/spoiler]
[spoiler]thanks Obama[/spoiler]

Humvees are monsters.
youtu.be/uMsrjeny5pE

H1 only in Diesel form. Consumer diesel I think was only sold in the first year.

Makes sence

yeah. idgaf what others think about me.

>the Humvee was always an expensive vehicle. Its a military vehicle, and a special built one at that.

High maintenance. OK if you have a well equipped motor pool. But you'd better get good at replacing half axles and U-joints wherever you are when they break. And they will break because of the inboard disc brakes.

Lost my YouTube link to the Land Cruiser jerking a HMMWV out of a mud pit with a recovery strap.