/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749157415

>The 54 Percent Club
amomentincrime.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QNQTLbm9Yv4
clyp.it/gbgfvoi0
clyp.it/3utwd242
clyp.it/ouftk4jf
youtube.com/watch?v=wkrb4OBZtYQ
clyp.it/xlwlbdqj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whomever is in charge of the marketing for Overwatch is highkey retarded. They made the face of their game (overwatch) the two shittiest characters (Tracer and Winston), both of which are awful in design and gameplay. They should have focused primarily on the trio of the most well-balanced characters with thee highest skill ceiling (Reaper, Genji and Jumprat). This would not only allow potential future players to understand which characters to pick that are actually useful, but give them game a much needed edgy and cool factor considering it has it runs off kirby tier family fun graphics. This would also be beneficial because it would attract less of the reddit crowd (the babies that complain about shit talk in a COMPETITIVE SETTING)

REAL NEW THREAD

>tfw you suck ass at McCree

youtube.com/watch?v=QNQTLbm9Yv4

Anyone have ideas for emotes and intros for Sombers?

thanks

Most successful launch would.beg to disagree. The way they handled the development stages and release were phenomenal. The game had really good exposure and drew in a shitload of people, and hardly just Blizzdrones.

just don't main him in competitive then.

looks like the other OP was linked first, don't know why he made a second shitpost thread.
Just stay in the first one, don't give him the satisfaction of making thread wars

Good thread, I like
Post enlightened omnics to cast away the cancer

also,
I disagree with you.
We've had this conversation with some anons a few threads ago, but Blizzard still actually makes playable and enjoyable GAMES. Not works of art to put their agenda into, not stunts to express their corporate opinion, not experiments and deeply personal searches to raise a shitstorm of discussions on the interwebs and in press.
Blizzard still make games, that you are supposed to PLAY and ENJOY doing so. And in that regard Overwatch is literal 10/10. It's fun, it's flashy, the genre is right, it has some depth to it, but it never takes itself too seriously, allowing itself to be silly sometimes when it's fun. It's a great videogame in the world where videogame industry is filled with story-driven movies and "art"

There's no way Genji is going to remain in the game in his current form unless either
A) Kaplan does not play the game himself
or
B) Kaplan is just playing Genji all the time himself

>disgusting preggo fetishist makes shitty threads

no, fuck off

Thanks for trying, but they'll probably just delete the thread with fewer posts. Even if the other was made very, very early.

Fingers crossed though.

pls kys

>pic very related

My best idea for a Sombre intro:

PotG appears to be a random member of the enemy team, but then the image distorts and changes to a Sombra PotG instead. Like she hacked their PotG and made it her instead.

clyp.it/gbgfvoi0
mercy is edgy

>my deviantart fetish OP

get out

sounds like a medieval/fantasy kinda voiceline

We might see some changes to him as shitters keep on whining even after the nerf.
I personally think Genji is fine with just a little "but" to him. His deflect hitbox is way too huge, to a point it's stupid.
Make it fit to his figure, it's not a zarya shield ffs

Edgy Mercy is the best Mercy.

Ana is adorable.
I'm glad at least hero additions are quality.

this doesn't even make sense. it's broken english

With that pic in mind,
>Start with Reapers 'Heroic' intro
>Camera distorts, and lowers
>Lil Sombra pops out and spooks you
Halloween Sombra legendary when?

I'm just glad that they shaved a few seconds off of Dragonblade. It may not seem like much but I think that it has made a humongous difference.

That's actually pretty cool, huh
But it must start as an actual potg intro of one of the players from that match, I'm sure it could be done.
Only problem is, how to showcase it in hero gallery screen?

"I am the chooser of the slain"

that's perfectly grammatical.

THIS THREAD IS INB4 404

NEW

THREAD

NEW THREAD

MIGRATE HERE

NEW

THREAD

I'd rather wait for this and your thread to 404 before clicking on that shit you swine

Post Reaper
Best character

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that sentence. I could see how it might sound strange to some people though. "chooser" isn't exactly a word that comes up often.

The line kind of reminds me of Valkyrie Profile.

On that note I wish she had a voice line when she res'd along the line of: "To my side my noble Einherjar!" or "Come to me, dark warriors; battle awaits us!"

Literally the best

Go fuck yourself dude, seriously. Janitor will have to delete this before I lost in a thread made 40 posts before bump limit with some dipshit's fapbait.

>reaper
>the best character
As much as I love life on the edge and linkin park, let me rather post the actual best character BUT with reaper shotguns! Isn't that great?
Reaper is top-tier as well though

What would.you change about Torbjorn or Bastion to make them more viable for.defense?

Also, will we ever have a combat drone hero that's like a mobile attacker variant of the turret class?

I like reaper because of how out there the pictures can get

With Zenny it's usually him just being himself with the occasional fucker of human bitches

Would it be overpowered if she could shoot.through full health teammates?

Her into is an ARG, and by ARG I mean it takes you to a website where you wait and then the cards pop up like normal.

Do you have that pic of him with the squirt guns, without his coat?

At first I steered clear from this over-the-top edgelord of skulls and misery, thinking he was too boring. Then I tried to play him a few times, wasn't all that bad.
Then I lurked into his emotes and voicelines...
Then I played him a bit more, he wasn't all that boring suddenly...
Then I lurked into his sprays and skins...
Then... I've changed...

He's my 3nd most played character now after lucio and reinhardt and I absolutely love spamming edgy shit in chat
SOMEBODY HELP IM LIVIN ON THE EDGE

With her current numbers, it would be absolutely broken.

If it was her concept from the beginning with the numbers to support, would be a much more fun character.

For Torbjorn do at least one of the following:

>Turret sets up instantly
>Hammer speed and repair/upgrade rates increased
>Torb spawns with an armor pack already applied.

Bastion's trickier. Maybe give him his shield from the beta back?

Yeah, reapy bullying is the best in ow fanart

That sounds like it might make them a little overpowered. I do think a more subtle change is needed though.

he's pretty great

Who else thinks Sombra will be released before Blizzcon? Probably before Halloween.

I bet they have something else in mind for Blizzcon.

Do you ever play a character you love for so long that you grow to hate them?

60+ hours of Lucio and I couldn't stand amping it up for a while. Thankfully a long break made him enjoyable again.

Quick, /owg/! Tell your

>platform
>favorite hero
>most hated hero
>fav map
>the single most annoying thing in the game for you

I'll start.
ps4
Zenny all day erry day
Mercy\Symmetra
King's Row
Matchmaking. I can rant for hours about how fucking stupid and bad it is, but everything has been already said a thousand times here

All 3 changes would be too much, yeah, but I feel like Torb needs something kind of drastic.

The main thing is that his turret gets focused down too quickly. So he either needs an easier time maintaining it (much stronger repairs) or an easier time using it for self defence (using it more like a mini-sentry).

reapersitioning

>you've made me like this Jack

b. va got new voice lines

clyp.it/3utwd242
clyp.it/ouftk4jf

why is she allowed to be so perfect

PC
Reinhardt
Symmetra
King's Row
Symmetra not switching after Point A. Attack Sym in general.

no none of that
make his turret target the class with the lowest current health rather than locking on to the closest target and tracking them until death

dicks out
youtube.com/watch?v=wkrb4OBZtYQ

>winstreak gives bonuses
>mm is so broken being in groups of 3-4 skilled people is free wins

this system is fucking dogshit. literally everyone in top 500 it just abusing group queuing. nobody solo queuing will get anywhere except being statistically lucky

PC
too many
Hanzo
King's Row/Dorado
Watching teams go into the wood chipper one by one

I know I'm a little later than usual (wasn't sure which thread we were using), but I wanted to say that I love Junkrat's new lines! It's like he just keeps getting cuter with every update!

The puns got a small giggle out of me, but they couldn't even be fucked to make Widow blue? Wouldn't even torrent.

This wouldn't be a bad change. Maybe make it prefer targets that aren't shielded/blocking.

Which is your favorite?

Made a few more of these

Xbone
Genji, Bastion or Mei
Lucio and Mercy
Volskaya Industries
My shit team. Being asked to switch.

It's hard to pick, but I think I like the beach line the most! It's not just the idea of going to the beach with him, the delivery is spot-on too!

>55% on 23.09
the longer this takes the more I believe that Sombra is a Halloween event
>let's face it, mid-october should this be at 100%

NEW OMNIC HERO WHEN?

PC, Lucio, hate Genji, Gibralter, the fact that Genji takes longer to kill than any other character in the game

Timer will reach 100 on a Tuesday.

Honestly it will be a lot better if the mmr change after the match would consider your personal contribution instead of this retarded streak bonus. That would fix a lot of problems with the matchmaking.

But it has to be a comprehensive system that recognizes roles, not that dumbed down placement gimmick which only counted damage and eliminations

>clyp.it/xlwlbdqj

What did he mean by this?

>instalock hanzo
>hanzo so bad
>muh gold noob tears
twitch tv /buds/v/85535813
start at 02:59 get gud kids

Doomfist is going to be some African big guy from Numbani. We would be lucky if he were even a full cyborg like Genji.

>havent played since end of season 1
>jump into a match last night
>can still juke people by cancelling Mei's Cryo and Wall for tremendous comedic effect

its been 4 months, c'mon Overwatchers

>qp
>dude instalocks hanzo
>I pick him too just to spite him, have literally 20 minutes on the hero
>he pings him like mad, saying "I'm the hanzo here, fok off"
>ended up playing 2 hanzos on the team
>mfw I had gold damage, elims and potg
>mfw no face

Shit hanzo is so brain dead it was actually fun to stomp with him. Would do again

I just started playing Overwatch. What can you buy with credits? I don't even see where to spend them? The shop just has dollars for loot boxes.

it should only exist for players that solo queue if anything

>they patched Mercy's piece of CAKE voice line
>it sounds worse than before

>Enemy D.va uses self destruct.
>Not much cover around. Not sure if I can make it.
>Enemy Mei puts up an ice wall.
>Haha, idiot! You just saved me!
>It's cancelled right before self destruct goes off

Why did I fall for.it?

That's either an absolutely terrible Mei or a malevolent genius

look at the names underneath doomfist
the last is an Omnic

>no more nanoboosts every 20 seconds

Aww, I'm gonna miss them. Why wasn't Mei's ult charge fixed doe tbqh famiglia?

Hero gallery

Why?
If you carry your group, then you'll get rewarded with more mmr
If you're being carried by your group, it wont be so easy for you to artificially inflate your rank
Seems fair to me

>inb4 real money boosters btfo

skins and stuff

No matter how bad you're doing, at least you're not this guy.

I thought Omnics had names like Zenyatta and Mondatta or HAL-fred Glitchbot. Since when do they have weird wingdings names?

Now that's just sad man.

because it is incredibly easy to repeatedly win with a group of competent players in size of 3-4

and he's been playing a solid character too
He must suck.

Why is deflect even a hitbox? Why not make it so it deflects whatever would've actually hit him.

New skin for Reinhardt. It has severe battle damage.

BROKENHARDT

Your point? You'll get more sr if you play well, and not because you're playing in stack for easy streak.

>always wonder why aiming feels a little muddy in Overwatch
>horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity have been set to different values the entire time

This isn't a default setting is it?

Post Pharmercy

How would he be hit from behind if it just covered his hit box?