Have/do you street race?

Have you ever raced someone off the lights? Challenged someone to a highway pull? Chased them through the touge? Raced them through the streets? Is the thrill worth the risks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugXAJCiGn7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've done these things, No but you'll do it anyway. Nothing is worth being crushed in a horrible fiery metal box, but that's not how humans think.

I live my life a half a mile at a time. This is usually the distance between each bust stop.

Grow up kid

There's not a whole lot of danger with stoplight races. I don't do it when there are lots of pedestrians or at least not at WOT

I occasionally street race or fuck around on the highway with another car. Did a 40 roll against a 370z in my STi on the interstate (Lost by half a car length at 120mph.) Keep in mind this was at 2 am in the middle of the desert.

It's not worth the risk, but it is thrilling.

I do some of both, granted my car isn't the fastest thing out there, but while the rush is insane, it's not even close to the risks. So far haven't been pulled over or anything, but I've had more close Calls than I can count. Plus almost crashed once

>doing any kind of roll race in a Subaru

Should've challenged him from a standstill

I try to race everyone.
Only fools try to race back.
Silly cars think they're faster than liter bikes.

On ramp and other ramp merging races are fun.

Street raced in Hawaii, got caught once, between payment and lawyer I spent 1400$. I've moved since then, but still do it and more careful about it now.

Oh also forgot to mention, also totalled my car racing couple months ago, still willing to do it anyways. Pic related.

I passed some slow faggot in a truck on my way home from work today and he sped up and flipped me off, that counts as a victoy right?

I actully got caught racing from the lights when I was younger, got let off and told not to drive like a dickhead or i'll end up in court

pic related, it's how the cop looked as he came up to my window

You BTFO that faggot

thrilling as fuck especially when on interstate. But also an easy way to get your license taken/suspended and a ticket

I accidentally raced a cop the other night

Mfw racing prius in my work truck

>fellow UPS man works here
oh shit waddup

Here comes dat boi

With your package on time

>quads + trips

nice

My coworker just leased an A4. He wanted to race my supercharged Si last week.
Leaving work we did a 20 roll on a four lane highway.

My Si pulled so far ahead of him it was embarrassing.

I do it occasionally but only to assert dominance. I pick my battles carefully. On a stretch of road I'm familiar with, very low traffic and only if I'm provoked. Anything else is just delinquent and stupid.

Feels gud
now we wait for

UPS>Fedex

UPS>FedEx>POWERGAP>USPS
t. UPS Man

Are they manual or automatic? Or do they have both?

Also do you get to chose between them if they have both?

I did donuts in my old college parking lot with a friend once. The cops thought it was less fun than us, and "only" gave me a ticket for failure to signal.
>mfw

He probably thought he would win because his car looks faster and its an audi. I'm sure he was pretty buttmad when you smoked him

You'll end up killing someone crossing the street in the city. I've done burnouts and tried my 0-60 on empty highways though.

I've been provoked a couple of times but don't usually respond unless the road is clear or I'm very familiar with it.

I sometimes go WOT at ramp signals for the thrill.

Does racing my mate home from work count?
He is normally in his car, me on my bike, his car beats my bike on straights, my bike beats his car through corners so its its a fun race, i win maybe half of the time

yes. yes. no. yes . yes

My town has large meets and races every week. out in the sticks with long straights. good fun.

Flatlander

Not on purpose. I've owned a Miata and a Mustang GT and sometimes when I take off from a light quickly some joker will peel out like he was expecting a race. Probably went and posted on a Honda board about how he destroyed a V8 with his stock EK.

I only race at night, low traffic, either on the highway or out in the sticks. Never during the day (unless I'm on a back road I know or there's nobody on the highway) and mever in the city or when there are pedestrians or other people besides us around. If I fuck up, that's all on me and not going to affect anyone else in the immediate vicinity. Hell, I barely drive fast with a passenger in the car unless I ask and they say it's okay for me to hoon.

I have, whole lotta people want to try their luck against a bike. Mostly at night and in low traffic areas, the one time I did it in daylight and traffic was pretty sketchy and I probably won't do it again but you don't see a C63 AMG every day.

>Cruising in my buddy's Cadillac CTS V
>Night, going by a park
>Banked S curves coming up
>wannabe_Nuremburgring.jpg
>Some shit tier accord hooning up behind us
>Passes us on the left going into the first turn
>Understeer.jpg
>cuckhole almost hits us
>ABS stop REAL QUICK
This guy has a deathwish or some shit
>next 2 turns he's all over the road, cant control his car for shit but doesn't slow down because VTEC BRO
>ThisMotherfucker.jpg
>On his ass through all these turns
>Final turn comes up
>cut to the inside and brap the fuck out
He still tried to keep up until we hit like 120mph

i'll take you on my local touge fgt

People who race bikes in cars are idiots unless they know they have the hp to stomp them. Then there's half the bikers like you who try to race cars and are faggots for it cause you know it's not fair.

Yeah I sometimes race the VAG retards who try to overtake me when driving on the countryside.

No. If I want to do that sort of thing a track day isn't expensive.

Sure, but random encounters never anything that's set up yet. More highway pulls. Late night with no cars immediately near. Got lucky a month ago. Tried chasing a few speeders but the first two never slowed down to lineup. Sped up to play with them. Got passed by the chp going 90+ As he was tailing the other cars. Flashed his lights and kept going. Definitely puckered the butt. As long as there's decent space I'll try and go against any willing participant. Stupid, yes.

I mostly raced in really congested traffic so speeds vary from stand still to up to 150-160kmh after stoplights. Its more about finding the optimal path to lanesplit in than maining high speed, but usually one would just follow the other.

so far the sound has kept pedestrians away.

I ride a bike obviously.

In the process of building my eurobeat street racer as we speak. should rev up to 10k , probably won't be anything modern, but it'll make a helluva lotta noise and Ill probably be the only AW11 within 30miles.

>tfw no AW11 with 20v Blacktop

DHL GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=ugXAJCiGn7E

>Have/do you street race?
I did but I wouldn't call myself a street racer or whatever.
>Have you ever raced someone off the lights?
Only once or twice. Nearly all of the races I've done were rolling starts.
>Challenged someone to a highway pull?
Yep, only four or five times, all of them against coworkers.
>Chased them through the touge?
Most of my experience was touge, yeah.
>Raced them through the streets?
... Wouldn't the aforementioned be street racing? Derp.
>Is the thrill worth the risks?
To me it sometimes is. It depends on where and when. And it's not something you should do often for various reasons (more wear and tear on car, increasing likeliness of getting into an accident, possibility of attracting police attraction, etc.)
>BUT FOR THOSE 10 MINUTES OR MORE, I'M FREE

Mines only a 16v donor block from an AE86 :( I blew my blacktop up trying to keep up with the white z32 parked next to me :( but it's okay. 16V still goes pretty hard with a TVIS on it. just won't beat anyone on a highway drag. they can chase me through the burbs if they want. but dat MR layout through twisties...mmmgurl

yep, live in a big ass valley. no touge

Obnoxious

Somehow I beat a Genesis 2.0t in second gear in my miata. We were racing too, he beat me like 2 other times from previous lights.

>Have/do you street race?
Not since I moved out of the area of my social group. My last active run was somewhere around 30yo though I was out there a lot as late as my mid 40's. By then I'd become more of the "tuner guy". I even have a respectable street name because of it.
>Have you ever raced someone off the lights?
Only a couple of times really late at night. Most of the time it was the semi-organized 1/4 mile runs on backroads. We had 7 possible locations to use.
>Challenged someone to a highway pull?
I've never challenged. I've been challenged a couple of times as a teen and accepted but took to trying to get then to go somewhere safer as I got older. Most of the time they'd just go away which was fine by me.
>Chased them through the touge?
Lol. No such thing in deep South Texas
>Raced them through the streets?
Yeah, NO. Was with a friend one night when I was a teen and he took off after somebody racing down a bunch of side streets and that was enough of that shit for me.
>Is the thrill worth the risks?
For me in that time and place? Sure because the risks weren't that high in my estimation or I'd not have done it because I'm a chicken shit that hates pain.

Be me
Have basic mazda 3 08
No mods cause bitch
Coming home from work one day
See dickhead in a new dodge dart, gt
Dick head cut me off on small route
OH YOUR FUCKED.JPG
Come off side street following guy to highway, cause its the route home any way
Begin getting around dude
Dude in dart is having none of it
Race goes for 5km
Can't get around dude
Finally get around give dude thumbs up
Dude responds with thumbs up
It was a good race

you own an aw11 but talk like you own a spyder

yes and yes to an extent, ive done highway runs with friends and its fun if you dont get cought. best thing to do is get radar and know what cars the cops run in your area

>tfw will touge for sure once i actually own a car of my own

I've 'raced' a del Sol through a truck-filled highway on my way home from work one Thursday night. That's about it. I mostly just try and make all my turns smooth on my 45 minute commute. Feels good to leave the tailgater's behind after an s-bend

Tried it on with some guy in a Skoda Octavia VRS in my Fiesta 1.4 shitbox.

Gave the guy a thumbs up cause I beat him at another set of lights as they turned green.

What's UPS like to work for?

Sort of not really. Chased a couple in a mustang once from a stoplight.
>Behind convertible mustang at stoplight
>Drive Golf GTR
>Think"This might be fun"
>Put that DSG in S
>Light goes green
>He tries to pull away pretty fast (and does a good job at it)
>His face when he sees the same Golf from the stoplights still close behind him

We were only pulling up to the speed limit, but I enjoyed the look on his face when he saw me stick with him nonetheless

I raced a friend once,Pug 205 against Fard Mondeo. Obviously didn't win, but shit was hilarious. One of our friends got out to give us the start sign, pulled out his shirt and everything. We raced to about 120 on an 80 road, then went back to pick him up. Road was closed for maintaince or something, so wasn't really any risk.

A guy I knew in high school got into legit racing after he graduated, built an actual shitty race car out of a junked camero and raced around a local. When I picked up my first car that could actually move at any real speed, I convinced him to race me a few times on the backroads around where we lived.

He wasn't very good, but then again, I was still worse, but it was a lot of fun. Had to put a stop to it when someone in one of the three houses on our route called the police on us, despite that, the roads were empty and with clear line of sight for a long distance unless the fields had corn planted or something.