/hhg/ - Hot Hatch General

A thread to discuss about Econo-Pocket-Rockets.

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Last Thread - Current Hot Hatch Star of the Week - Mercedes Benz A45 AMG

First for EcoBoost

fuck off Fiat shill

Tuxedo Black a best. Came across this big turbo, water/meth injected focus on the highway not long ago. Sounded very mean.

Mercedes Benz aint Fiat's you dumb ass wipe.

Does station wagons come under hatchbacks?

Hello

Delete this trash.

Nice car. Too much money. And that's before dealer markups.

What to buy for 3k

Panther Black is the new...Black

Post ST's on mountains

One of these days I'll have enough money to put some more work into the car.

Wait for the i30N.

tuxedo black is goat. mine is currently bigger turbo, no water meth though.
wanna race from a roll?

ive been looking at STs as they seem to be the best option in the usa. besides the rs that is.

Jesus the Focus looks fat as fuck next to a Fiesta...

I'm considering buying one of these. Love the idea of cruising silently in the city but have as much power as a GTI at the same time.

The best hot hatch now on sale is obviously the RS.

Okay guys, real competition here.

The Golf R is 10K less expensive than the Focus RS.

>Both are available in a manual transmission.

Which is the better one? And Why?

With a half tank of gas and a spare wheel in the trunk the Fiesta is just under 2700lbs. :)

Depends what you want, the RS is more iconic. The R is more refined and generally golf's don't feel 'fast' even though they are quick hatches. The RS has that sweet exhaust, the R has that sweet interior. I think I'd lean towards an R (only seen a few around town), but the RS still has that snow flake status if that's your thing.

Hatch master race.

goddamn just take a look at that fascia
who in their right mind buys that disgusting piece of shit

are the 2016 GTI's really bad at reliability as ppl say? ppl seems to say if you have a Volkswagon ull be at the dealership alot.

its a shame if true cuz the car seems great in all check boxes

Do the Mazdaspeed3 and sti count as hot hatches? If they do what one is superior for daily driving? I like look and interior of both, both are 2009 and I was quoted about the same amount from my insurance agent for either one. What would you guys say is the best choice?

Yes, both of them are hot as hell, more than the "average" hot hatch like the fiesta ST.

I own a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, and it has a pretty nice interior. The touring has plenty of leather with a clean interior. Well laid out, and brings out the sportiness. It's also kind of a large car for a compact, but its width gives it a lot of room. It only comes in a manual. Some people say the stock suspension is a little tight, but its not bad.

STi's of the same years are waaayyy more expensive, and they are definitely faster than a speed 3. I've never been in one, but I can probably say its not as spacious, simple subie interior, but Im sure the 2.5L F4 Turbo in that has head gasket issues. The suspension is also not tuned at all for comfort, so it may be a hard ride. But, it is fast as fuck, and a lot more "sports car". It's gonna handle better

>silently