/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread >Official news
Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel/Update12 announced (October):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

eso-skills.com/skill?z=V6A869jc@4XqPDyjj869jc@4XqPDyj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for brenton

Second for more solo arenas.

Second for Eric "Mages will starve in cages" Wrobel

4th for

Does the PC NA guild have a cool name or banner?

It's called TESOG and iirc, it's Sheo's emblem

any one know a good guild that is pretty active/big or at least "social" in the sense that they routinely do shit? Bonus points if i don't have to jump through autism hoops to join the "Secrit kool club" but i will

>tfw you find the perfect deal

someone was selling sword of willpower for 2k

PvP resto staff backbar - powered, precise or defending?

> Most people play with themselves
> People are looking forward to doing something they could already do
top kek this fucking community

>trials guilds requires TS
>social guilds are cancer
>public chat has bad players
>born too late to explore the Earth, too soon to explore the Galaxy and too retarded to explore trials

just farm normals like the rest of us peasants

Just join a random trial when people ask for DD in chatt.

Unless it MoL you can do normal with pugs, unless they really are all 160cp, also you're not good enough for vet trials even if hodor was carrying your ass.

That feel when I feel pressured to play lots of PvP, join groups even though I don't like zergs etc.
It's related to being promoted in my guild. I could also try to become part of the TS circlejerk, but it kinda disgusts me and I don't even have a mic.
I can hardly leave the guild as most of the serious PvPers in this campaign are in it, and many of my acquaintances
what do ;_;
I don't want to feel pressured to play a lot and run in zergs just to be 'active'

Are there any guilds that use mumble or discord? I wish discord would kill teamspeak for good, that crap deserved to be forgotten a decade ago.

Do people still literally unironically use TS? It's fucking 2016 for god's sake

..oh it's you again

seriously, what do you expect to hear that hasn't already been said?

>people still do thing in current year

First relevant post and it's for khajskoomas master race

Dude we gave you advice and it appears as though you've just sat on it
Man up and talk to people. They're Internet friends.

Skooma smuggler will end up as the most fun set for leveling since you can just pop a potion to go sanic.

This one is wondering, who is behind this post?

Stupid sexy Khajiit

>willpower
>sword
Boy that is garbage

not in some builds, it's not. and if you're going to be stubborn about it, it's "garbage" that normally goes for 20k

what is a decent low-trait set combo for a stamsorc, for BWB?

I just want to get vigor and I'm out of there

To be fair, OT does improve solo play. It means you can go whatever, do whatever quests, whenever you like. Reaper's March as a level one EP race? Sure, why not. Go to Rivenspire straight off the boat? Fuck it, sure, enjoy your vampires. Etc.

The dungeons thing is dumb though, that's for sure.

Do people even use Vigor as a Stamsorc? Between the Hurricane+Crit Surge combo on one bar and Dark Exchange on my back bar I never want for healing as a sorc. Hell, my health barely moves in normal content.

I could see it in PvP and maybe raids/dungeons, but in the latter two you have a dedicated healbitch anyways.

sure, I don't really need healing in PvE, but if I ever decide to take it for a spin in PvP, I'd rather not go to azura or trueflame without vigor

Willpower swords imo only complements sorc's overload and I don't think they have a very high drop rate so I wouldn't be suprised if sharpened ones go for 20k. That being said any sharpened set weapon usually go for 10+ thousand gold.

>robust necklace of agility for 20k
PS4 is amazing

To whom should I talk and why? I don't remember previous advice desu. ;_; Need to google it.

>console

If I want heavy armor google says I need to tank or learn to enjoy being crap, is that possible for whatever the hardest content in this game is, for anyone other than a dk? I think dragons are stupid.

They're worth about that much on PC NA desu

I'm using Powerful Assault + 4x Night's Silence, got about 2300 weapon damage buffed, it's been working.
When I get 6th trait in medium armor I'm going to craft myself Hunding's Rage instead of PA.

actually it's like 2500 because I also have weapon damage enchants on swords

So far only DK tanks have been able to do the hardest raid/trial content in the game.I hope you're an European and play on PC, otherwise you may as well give up on ever doing the hardest content in the game lel.

Yes.

It doesn't matter much if I ever do it right now, but, if later on the option presents itself I'd like to be able to take it if I want then.
So basically dk or no heavy armour? rip

DK tank or rip, there no such thing as pve dd in heavy if you want that shit then you got to go play pvp. No guild is taking a non-dk tank to vet trial unless you've already main tank a dk for them and you like 3rd in command of the guild and they know you're a good tank so they let you piss about with an alt templar tank or something.

Unless you wanna go into the cancer filled fest that is pvp

M8 it's common sense, don't go digging up common sense in the archives.

>I don't want to do TO
Ok. Then don't
>well then this will happen
OK then calmly explain to whoever is 'pressuring' you that you don't want TS and is there a way you can skip that.
>but then I won't be part of the circlejerk
You can't have your cake and eat it too. People who talk tend to know and clique up with each other.

>not playing an MMO on your couch with a comfy controller

You're not a guy who can't afford both, are you?

>not playing an MMO on your couch with a comfy controller on PC

You're not a faggot, are you?

I'm gayer than nine guys fucking eight guys, darling, but at least I'm not homo enough to fall for the platform wars meme.

Yeah but it's not just TS but the fact that it feels like running in those guild groups is a duty.
They don't pressure me, they just ignore me and it feels like they won't ever promote me even though I'm an old member because I'm not a 24/7 zerg drone or part of the TS elite.
>tfw salty

so leave

In that case it's even simpler.
>are these people actual friends
>if yes, they will understand these concerns when you address them with the members and include you
>if no
>they will continue to ignore you. The fact that they're not pressuring you one way or the other actually kind of alludes to the latter.
Video games aren't a job, and I'm struggling to understand why you feel pressured if they're not actually pressuring you. Regardless of their reasoning for doing so, perceived or not, this can all be cleared up by Nutting up and talking to the people you're complaining about.

Not to be an ass, but you're basically complaining that you want to be included in the group while not running with the group. If someone else is willing to zerg 24/7 and you're not, why should they take you, regardless of how long you've been there? You're an empty slot in a game that fills slots.

they will probably ignore me then
they're not my friends mostly
I think you meant talking to the commander.
>Video games aren't a job, and I'm struggling to understand why you feel pressured if they're not actually pressuring you.
I mean it feels like you actually need to do it if you want to advance in the guild, and even then tough luck if they don't like you because you're not on TS with them or whatever.
But you have valid points, as does I probably need to chill the fuck up.

I wish there was more guilds in BWB, perhaps more focused on small group play than muh end of campaign numbers and keep flipping
looks like there are, but in other alliances, and I don't want to be a traitor

It's console war, the "platform war" is as much a war as the Conquest of America.

>console war
>pc vs console
What did he mean by this?

instead of chilling, just realise you aren't entitled to anything. if you want to be included in guild activities, then include yourself

>is as much a war as the Conquest of America

No one can be that dumb. Read it again and use your fucking brain. No, I'm not him.

but it bores me and I don't have that much time anyway
I do need to chill. :(

>emoticons
You also need to end yourself

Which is exactly why I said that.
It makes no sense.
>haha it's just like this other thing that's not really a thing
Don't flatter yourself by thinking it was as unintelligible as the "what did he meam" literal meme buzzword implied
It was just not funny
So congrats

i-it was post-ironic

>Thinking that's excusable
No, no shame upon you and yours

Why is it so hard for people to understand how the planar inhibitor work?

What armor do you use?

light

For yourself or others?

well obviously for myself, I ain't gonna be anyone's healslut

Defending

alright, good, because I had already crafted it. thanks

>defends consoles
>fails to understand the most basic concepts
makes sense

> Not wanting hordes of people lust after your staff
What are you, gay?

>vet ICP
now there's one dungeon that's not worth the trouble

Is there even a reason to do vICP?

If you're trying to get scathing mage it is. The Lord warden helm is shit though.

ICP?

You know Shaggy and his miracles don't you?

bump

Change needs to happen

What's a good jewelry set for a magknight tank?

>magknight tank

Suicide set.

Thanks for the prompt response Eric

As in magicka-based tank? Willpower. Health enchantments on your armour will put you at 28k+ health.

rate my build

eso-skills.com/skill?z=V6A869jc@4XqPDyjj869jc@4XqPDyj

these build sites don't seem to be working

What's the best dk tank build guys? I really wana get into tanking but I've never done it and the guides I've checked are kinda old

Something something stamina and warhorn. Basically you best be able to stand pvp if you want to be a potential top tank

AMA on Reddit earlier today, few interesting things
>Pic related
In other posts
>We've got some sweet changes for magicka DKs planned for update 13!
>new version of Dragon Blood planned
U13 touted as balancing patch

Other:
>We have no plans to reintroduce BoE gear into Group Content
(Firmly sticking by "Undaunted Plunder" in various responses)
>No transmog plans, though "considered"
>Full 5 skill tree for vamps(?) some day
>Plans to revamp shittier traits
>Plans to "add new frost abilities in the future"
>Plans to de-shittify Destruction staves
>Jewelry crafting system maybe never
>Plans to unfuck Steam
>No free respecs with OT
>No bank space increase

What's his name again?

Yea I was on it as well. Wrobel is such a troll if you look on his responses.

Funny isn't it, if the moderation in Veeky Forums wasn't absolute non-existing when the old general were about, I wouldn't be browsing reddit.

Ain't it Eric "Causing diasters for casters" Wrobel
Don't wamps already have three skills in addition to the four or five passives? Wouldn't it be just two more actives. I'll just hold my breath, and die, until they unfuck destro staves

I've heard he's called Eric "Bane of mages trough the ages" Wrobel.

I heard it whispered as Eric "Mages' guilds? Not in my builds!" Wrobel

Generate ultimate and have Warhorn up and running 24/7.

>No free respecs with OT
Damn, I was counting on that. I grinded three characters to 50 in alchemy and provisioning and want to get the skill points back.

literally why?

Those crafts have useful passives.