/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. BootNTR has been fixed. Don't update unless you have a CFW installed, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-If you are on 11.0, install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!z5JhlJzS!plnYieqTxRpPcqEy1aLaefC7BXrBZ6-FBMssMJiRfDU
mega.nz/#!n1RHBQxT!ZcIR2VnwWr4IY9jpxd-S7Tup-xDVfP8h6D8SNGYKm1U
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2977
u.pomf.is/lwmhjy.xlsx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Taiko dlc never

Anime is for gays

Airship Q english dump?

Color Splash upload when?

So is there a new maidump version or not?

anyone know why i keep getting corrupted file while trying to skeleton VPK transfer via QCMA?
i would FTP but it's being a bitch

There is one, but the chinks won't share it since it uses Flow's DLC dumping code, and he specifically requested for it to not be shared outside the chinks' group.

it's a japan/asia only game

Sup, author of MegaTen undubs on 3DS here, I need a little help.

I'm currently working on undubbing SMT4 and Apocalypse properly (finally with undubbed moflex cutscenes too thanks to decrypter by some guy from GBAtemp and the encoder from Nintendo's SDK) but that's beside the point.

What I need help with is unpacking/decrypting DLCs for Persona Q so I can undub those DLCs.

A lot has changed since I undubbed stuff and it seems a lot easier now (went through A9LH yesterday as well to get up to speed), basically I'm using HackingToolkit3DS to unpack the .CIA with DLCs but that gives me a bunch of files called "DecryptedApp.0003.00000003", "DecryptedApp.0004.00000004" etc (pic related).
The CIAs were previously ran through Decrypt9, just saying.

Anyone know how do I go about decrytping/unpacking each one of them and then also repacking them once I'm done swapping files?

Hope someone will be able to help.

>People threw a bitchfit about Color splash when whole 15 seconds of it were shown
>But still want to play it/pirate it.

Okay.

Grim Fandango or Broken Age when?

Just buy them.

Did anyone tried to install Digimon next 0rder from the duowan site? I tried 4 times and all it did was exit after the boot I also followed the steps on reddit but nothing works :/

Am I shadowbanned?

Is there a way to transfer borderlands saves between pc and vita?

Nope.

it's almost like different people have different opinions or something. but nah, that couldn't be it. it must be the case that every single person wanting to play was also one of the many who threw a bitchfit over the first 15 seconds of footage

do you listen to yourself? do you understand how fucking dumb you sound?

this isn't reddit, retard

yes

>Buying games

There's an official english update patch for it.

Also, is there an operation abyss dump somewhere?

Hahahahahahahaha Vita piracy is over. Pay up or end yourselves.

Since the link in the doc is dead I decided to redump it with Vitamin 2.0.

Soul Sacrifice Delta US: mega.nz/#!z5JhlJzS!plnYieqTxRpPcqEy1aLaefC7BXrBZ6-FBMssMJiRfDU

Update 1.30: mega.nz/#!n1RHBQxT!ZcIR2VnwWr4IY9jpxd-S7Tup-xDVfP8h6D8SNGYKm1U

more like it just started

I'm pretty sure it's just in beta right now since they aren't impatient whiny babies and actually wait for a finished product unlike most of the people here.

Hey guys, I have a gateway(I know you guys don't like it ver much here), but it's an older version (3.0.4) and I'd like to update it to the newer version.

Is it only a matter of changing the files in the SD card ?

Also, I can't seem able to play pokemon saphire in it, with the new version will it work ? Or is it the firmware version ?

>they haven't heard
Enjoy those games you've got now. You aren't getting any new ones.

in the homebrew menu on 3ds, i press x to go to the home menu without rebooting and it just freezes
did i do something wrong?
i installed menuhax with basehax on an o3ds on 11.0
i'm trying to use ctr-httpwn

So how shit and disappointing is Color Splash from a scale from 0 (Super Metroid) to 10 (Other M)?

anyone?

I repeat, more like it just started
you fucking dumb weeb poster

is 3dsthem.es gone forever?

>piracy is over
>huge backlog to play
hahahahaha stay mad and thoroughly cucked you flaming vitagenner faggot.

Smug animeface duel, go!

Retail games currently released are FOREVER dumpable.

Downloadable games that are currently downloaded are also dumpable.

It's only new retail games (LOLOLOLLOLOOLOLLOL) and any games not downloaded before yesterday (give or take a few days) that will cause issues.

>There's an official english update patch for it.
ok sounds great
>Also, is there an operation abyss dump somewhere?
yeah 1 found the 3 versions (eu/na/jp) will try to undub this shit

>Pirates will NEVER EVER get god eater

>STILL no DS roms loading
Are these hackers even trying?

>pirates will NEVER EVER get taiko dlc

i have it on good authority that it's coming in 5 hours

Project was abandoned. time to get an r4

>it's another "it's ok for vitagen cucks to shitpost /hbg/" episode

>it's another "3DShitters think they own the general when we already banned them" episode

Anyone?

mad that 3ds piracy is easier than vita will ever be?

Anyone got a Persona Q save? Preferably near the end of the game and for US region. Need to test something. Has to work with JKSM.

Pirate scums on suicide watch

IS THERE A GUIDE ON HOW TO CREATE AND INSTALL ENGLISH PATCHES FOR JP GAMES?

Maybe we could all just report and ignore them.

*Pirate scum on suicide watch

It varies from game to game, so no

>newer games won't work
It's over bros

>5.5.1 will NEVER EVER get IOSU

What have you been playing recently /hbg/?

Obviously talk about games you're playing through Homebrew&Hacking.

>vita hacking died before it ever even really began
rip

You can't trick me jew

Demon's Souls.
Bought new ps3, will homebrew when e3 gets shipped.

I asked last thread but I never got an answer
I am currently hack my 3ds for the first time, and I have been following the guide in op for it thus far however I got up to this part
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
everytime I goto the link in the 3ds browser the system just locks up and nothing is happening
I am pretty certian I put the right files into the right places

New games won't work on Vita? Why not? That sucks I really wanted to play the english version of Valkyrie Drive.

So what exactly can you do on a hacked Wii U? Can you run pirated games off external storage?

check the gba temp thread

*Copyright infringers on suicide watch

Very fast spider people going at very hihg speeds!

I'd like to replace the text of Criminal Girls 2 JP with the English text of US version, since I believe doing that is easier than trying to uncensor the US version. What is the best way to do this? It seems to be holding its contents inside .dat file.

was meant for

demo when

>yifanlu holding the source code because muh challenge
>drama because of a dev leak
>kraut asking money for releasing a broken tool
>chinks holding their tool hostage
>lots of broken games
>yifanlu won't fix the savebug
>newer games won't work
This scene is JUST tier.

Sex take when

the games that already work will keep me busy for months and by the time I'm done with them there will probably be a new hack desu

This is Shita Shitposting General, fuck off cause you won't get help.

There won't be any new hack piratecuck. It's over.

Eiyuu Senki (with the english/18+ patch) on Vita
Was mostly in it for lewds but it's good game surprisingly.
whoever was the user that patched it, サンキュー

fuck off, vitagen

How's the battles and storyline? Is it fun?

Just saw this, if you're still here I'd appreciate it.

vitagen's thread is dead so they're just feeling lonely
:^)

wasnt the guy doing another patch because there were some things left to do?

make a review of phantasy star nova for me

not currently possible it seems, the tool that exists that extracts the dat can't repack it, and just putting the US dat in the JP rip wholesale causes the game to crash, if you manage to get them to extract, repack and still play (here's where I found the extract tool: zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2977 )

Here's a list of files in there and what differs between the two versions: u.pomf.is/lwmhjy.xlsx

Interesting it was in a demo too.

Why mandate the firmware for a demo (unless it's the full game locked up)? If I was the dev I'd dismiss that so even "filthy pirates" can actually try and it maybe buy it later.

Now that isn't even possible.

>Color Splash NEVER EVER

Hand over taiko's dlc. I'm done playing around. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. You got til the count of 3 mister. 1....2.....

>How's the battles
It's a watered down Sengoku Rance clone

>implying it's not true
You're too hopeful.

3!

Don't forget about the tranny.

That's not a thing here, retard.

Explain, i think i missed that one.

can someone dump the swindle for vita?

It's fun. You're taking over the world starting from Japan and everytime you take over a country you get new members. They're all famous heroes but female versions. Just got Lu Bu for example. The battles are pretty good.
Yeah, this is the second patch. The first one had a bunch of problems. This one's working fine though.
There's like 15 H-scenes untranslated but that's about it.

I have a 3DS on 11.0. Is there anything I can do with it without a hard mod or hacked system transfer? Could I not, for example, download the thing that makes me use the Nintendo store where everything is free (the name has escaped me) as an alternative to installing cia files?

If you put your 3ds in a garbage bin it'll download all the games.

1-9 buy cybersluts
0 fap

Sure, whatever

Phantasy Star Nova (no eng)
+Fun combat with tons of flashy moves and like 10 weapon types
+Really good character creation that's fairly in depth
+The game looks beautiful and runs like butter (most of the time) Vita screenshots dont do it justice
+You fight regular enemies and sometimes big ass enemies that You can catpture and use on the field

-No the easiest thing to learn at first, lots of menu's thrown at you in the beginning but a simple guide helps and you'll be on your feet in less than 5 hours ;)
-Lots of cutscenes, depending on whether you know japanese these can be an issue since the majority of which are just characters sitting around talking (skippable though)

8/10 though only 6 hours in.
Happy?

maybe I shouldn't buy a Vita after all

$70+ for 32GB

fuk u all

What games?

does it play like pso2 at all?