/indie/ Indie and Obscure Games General

Funny Trumpet Meme Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/483980/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was gonna play Barkley but then got preoccupied with Stick of Truth. Now I need to finish SoT before I can jam.

Post cute!

What's indie playing, making, or drawing?

I have a semi-developed idea for an exploration + RPG hybrid that I've been kicking around for a few months on and off. I've always wanted to do something like it, and I think I could pull it off given a year or two of active dev. Top-down for the exploration part and side view for the battle system, with the latter more focused on getting and combining abilities rather than leveling up. I'm still not sure if leveling up would even be a thing, since the player would only control the main character.

But I dread actually going the mile and sticking with it, since the actual time required may take far more than I can anticipate, and keeping motivated is difficult.

Whether or not to take it to Kickstarter is also a consideration, but then I'd be liable to provide some result.

What are some really atmosphere-centric or dreamlike games similar to Yume Nikki? Doesn't have to actually be about dreams.

Anyone play any of the Yume Nikki fangames? Supposedly there are a few decent ones but they don't sound very original.

Does it make any difference if I become a Rassaphore or a Investigator in Underrail?

Just played some waifu sex games on oculus.
It was pretty dissapointing

I thought facebook bought oculus and made it lame? I remember /v/ bitching about it a while ago.

There's stupid things you have to get through now, but they're relatively easy to get past.

Still it felt more like I was looking through binoculars at a 2d image of tits rather than actually looking at tits

Still replaying Faraway Story to beat all the "unwinnable" bosses at the hardest difficulty.

>How do I beat this guy who we fight 3v1
>Gang up on him until he dies!
Who'da thunk it would be that simple....

doot doot doot-doot-doot-doot

how the FUCK do I make a Dedicated Server for the New Reign Beta in DST?

Really wish we got a full OFF comic series.
Oh well.

abumpu

oh baby

Finishing battle animations and sketching the final area's in current RPGMaker project, I found a script awhile ago that turns the battle systems into the Press Turn System from SMT. It has helped me stay committed due to how badly I want it to see the light of day.

Darkest Dungeon has the best atmosphere I have seen in years and nightmare-ish enemies.

There are ton of great fangames, even though they are the same in concept, most are popular because they exceed Yume Nikki, examples like .flow (Focused atmosphere) and Yume 2kki (Content) are a must if you are just getting into them, but there are tons of hidden gems that you can only find by playing them for yourself.
Personal recommendations would be ME, -1 -Minus Ichi-, or Answered Prayers for something traditional.

For more original, play Middens, it is easily on of the best games I have played.

The only version of Nic I'd consider boning

why not the other versions?

Mortis Ghost's artstyle is so sexy

Pixel one doesn't look murderous enough to smash my kneecaps with his bat

>unlock keeper
>it already says I've beaten multiple bosses with him despite never doing so

why? I think some of my other post it indications are fucked up too, although I'm not sure since it's been a while

There are some items that change your character during a run. Not sure if there are for keeper though.

bump

Beowulf doesn't look that good without muscle and hair.

He's Beowulf's degenerate ne'erdowell older brother

Is Barkley too long of a game, or you can finish it in under 2 hours?
Also, what are some good indie games that last less than 2 hours?

Why does it have to be under 2 hours?
Aside from that, I believe Knytt and Knytt Stories both fit in that time range. I'm not entirely sure but I know they were pretty short.

Celebrating the release of Mad Father on Steam by actually playing the free version I downloaded years ago.

I wanna get into those weird obscure games. Any recommendations? Also, what to play first - Eastern Mind or Chu-Teng?

why is stardew valley so fucking addictive

pls help

Which RPG Maker horror game has the most 'iconic' heroine?

I'd say Madotsuki from Yume Nikki

It's definitely Madotsuki.

Where did it get released?

What game you making?

store.steampowered.com/app/483980/
Or do you mean the original release?

Virginias motion blur and 30FPS made me sick.

What's faraway story?

Oh wow I didn't even know it came to steam.

somewhere between an atelier game and Reccetear

bump

Virginia's music sounds pretty generic compared to Fargo and Twin Peaks, at least what was in the demo.

Lisa the first

Anyone wanna post game art they're doing or something since we're kinda dead right now?

Anyone know if Star Control 2 is good or not? I think it's like a really old point and click but I wasn't sure if I should play it or not.

Anyone play Last Fight?

How many of you are game devs?

What's your preferred engine?

AM2R team just released a soundtrack that was supposed to be included in the 1.2 update. Anyone know if theres a fan 1.2 update that incorporates them in game?

My preferred engine is GameMaker but me and 'Maker are feuding so I switched to Godot.

What do you like about Godot?

So I talked to the moon, he have me the money, but now I'm trying to leave and I'm endlessly looping. How do I get out?

Fuck Abyss Oddysey

Hey, if I go down to Deep Caverns in Underrail, can I get back up, or am I stuck there until I defeat the big bad? Can I buy TNT down there, I'd like to explore a bit.

There's a lad you can get stuff from down there if you allied yourself with the Tchortists.

You can come back up before you finish the game, but you're still going to be down there for a very long time before that's possible

Why?

Anyone know what engine Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor uses? I haven't played it but I sorta like how it looks.

jew engine

Rando says he and his army were left alone but didnt rule Olathe like the guys on the list. What did his army do then? Where they soldiers of fortune for various warlords of Olathe?

I always found that justification for Rando not being on the list kind of weird. Mr Beautiful is left alone, if he wasn't, he'd get steamrolled. So why is he considered a warlord?

Rando's army has the widest influence. Even back when Buddy was a baby, and three "areas" away from his main base of operations, Rick was aware of Rando. Plus, we only ever see Rando's army looking for Buddy, not anybody from Vega or Dice's gangs (which is probably due to being well supplied, there is much more gas in Rando Land than anywhere else.)

The guys on the list were all from east Olathe. Rando probably controlled the western half, but didn't exactly rule it.

I think the lowest three were from East Olathe like Buffalo Van Dyke

They may have just been without territory, since they were the lowest ranked. All the guys with territory are found in the expansion.

Mr. B is well respected, out of everyones way, and a friend of Rando's. He's also powerful himself. We dont know exactly when he took up pacifism and mightve been a violent warlord then converted.
None of the larger groups mess with him and if a smaller gang tried to steamroll them, theyd face retribution from either Rando or the other warlords.

I cant even name 5 other RPG maker horror games

Eastern Mind

If you had played it... you would know...

What?

Can I know why so I know why to avoid it?

I'm looking for a game that makes me question my existence. I've played OFF and such and I deeply enjoyed it. What are some surreal games? RPG maker games are perfectly fine.

Inside. You won't be disappointed.

Stanley Parable I hear might scratch that itch.

I'm looking for a game that tells me everything I already know

I've played Stanley Parable, about time I replay it. Low cost/Free games would be appreciated, by the way.

Rando's army was probably just extremely powerful in size and power compared to the warlords that they backed away from confrontation with him out of respect, especially since he was not violent and territorial like they probably were. They just fended for themselves and as a result became territorial leaders through pure fear and power.

I suppose that with his power he allowed Mr. Beautiful's tribe to go on without fear of attack by having his name revered as a warlord. I overall feel the Warlords were a rather rational bunch of people who just bite back when bitten. Even Big Lincoln's few subordinates expressed the desire not to have to fight Buddy who was a legitimate menace to everyone. It's just the vast number of civilian crazies that people ever needed to worry about. The warlords put a leash on them and Rando pushed forward stable civilization.

>We will never see a third story of Rando making a name for himself in Olathe
I need more Lisa

>I need more Lisa
Me too.
Too bad Dingaling is off to make meme games.

>implying Lisa wasn't already a meme game

>Praise the Sun
Dark souls moar lyke dank souls amirite or amirite?

Did Dingaling ever confirm if he would revisit Lisa?

Game's difficult in ways that are not fun. Enemies have large amounts of health and dispatching them takes time even when you are skilled. Recommended to play with at least one friend.

Sluggish Morss: A Delicate Time in History

I'm looking for a game that tells me everything I already know

o

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Not feeling Elliot's Quest

I've heard The Beginner's Guide does in a sense.

Finally got to Deep Caverns. These fucking mushroom turrents are annoying as fuck, they have true-sight, so you can't sneak past them, and they're immune to stun and fear.

what would an /indie/ movie look like?
Not one about the creators of games, but one about the characters of them?

All the shots would be still.
There would be lots of jump cuts.
90mm.

Big french titties

prolly a bad game

Its a good game

Is there any new dialogue in Arkantos or Hell Mode Im missing by skipping dialogue?

Is Darkest Dungeon good? I dunno if I wanna spend $25 on it

>die in abyss oddysey
>right under altar
>manlet soldier cant jump high enough to reach it even with walljumping

I think it's good, although you might want to wait for a sale or pirate it first so you can try and buy.

>more OFF comics never
just end me senpai