/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Previous:
>Vicar/Redditslayer Event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

saucenao.com/
darksouls2verificationdata.web.fc2.com/calculation-bloodborne.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Kek mods

i don't understand what is happening

I'm going 40 VIT on my 170. Is this a terrible idea?

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

Anyone have a spare dragonslayer swordspear spear + 0 on ps4?

I guess the mods decided this was the correct thread. Anyways, how safe is CE in DS3 now? I accidentally missed the Sunset armor on my first PvP character but I want it now for the stylish coloring. Would it just be better to go NG+?

so this is the new thread then? 4th for das best souls

Good. The mods are finally deleting the BB and Souls hybrid threads.

>the third one of all things ends up surviving

it's completely safe

I was running through the game with infinite iframse on, got invaded, then dropped the invader 600 of each item he gave to me as a favor

You can edit hard soul count, you can itemswap whatever, body sliders, whatever the fuck. There's a few unsafe things but the majority doesn't matter that much.

If you have good defenses and bleed resist and absorption vs slash I'd guess

You may become nearly unkillable

Maybe a bit of health regeneration but it's likely there's enough vicar with healing spells

For the PS4 fag wanting a dragon slayer SS
Where?

What're the unsafe things? I don't fuck around since getting softbanned for the durability fix in DS2.

Not if you've already got enough health

though it's still probably not a great idea.

Can someone drop me havel's ring +2
PS4

The threads wouldn't have to be deleted if you fags would link to the old threads

49 VIG

the only one I know off the top of my head is changing a highlighted item in the menu, whereas the safe way to transmute in DaS3 is to drop it on the ground before itemswapping

Just equip an Ashen Estus ring, user. It'll turn your 200 FP swig into a 240 FP swig, totally justifying that 35 Att investment and getting you one extra spell per flask.

Not unless you already have a +2 ring

Highwall
Password
heals

Elemental Saif has enough AR to melt everything in seconds. That fuckin R1 attack os so fast that you can say it's unparryable. Well it's parryable but you should play Demom Roulette and sacrifice six people for witch. Don't forget to add this into your pvp montage and call everyone scrubs.
Transformation attack combo wombo is even better than classic "balanced" Saw Spear attack. Saif is so EZ mode that even reddit tried to justify it as "high skill cap" lmao

Only invest in Vit if you can't get anything more out of Vig. 50vig/40vit is okay. 27vig/40vit is not.

Opinions on good DaS class? I haven't played any of the main Souls series yet but I just got platinum in Bloodborne. So while I get that combat is different, I'm not an absolute newfag. Are there best classes or does it not matter after the beginning, like in Bloodborne? Anything I should keep in mind?

What weapon should I use for my new build? I heard from a friend Vitality gave extra defense by itself so I thought to make one revolving around that, but I didn't think about the weapon.

What do you want to do? Melee with heavy weapons, all sorts of weapons, light weapons, throw fire, cast spells or throw lightning?

I'm assuming the CE tables have a command for that.

no fuck you go back to redit with this shit

Classes in any of these games are just for starting stats and equipment. This ain't fucking WoW.

Vit gives flat physical defense, str gives fire and physical, end gives lightning, int magic, and fth dark.

If you want maximum physical defense, probably a strength weapon. Note that the difference between 10 vit and 40 vit at SL120 is about 30 extra flat physical defense. Which is slightly better than it seems since that directly subtracts 30 damage from every attack, but you still need tons of HP to make it worth it.

Sorry, I actually read that wrong, here it is directly from the source
>According to my testing, the base regeneration is 1FP/5 seconds, going down 0.217 seconds per every upgrade level. At +10 it gives 0.35FP/sec (1FP every 2.85 secs). 0.7 FP/sec if in both hands.
So its actually worse than what I said, you get .7 with TWO Caesti, not one. Its .35 FP/sec with a single simple-infused weapon, which is so, so, so bad. Glad I can wait 2 minutes to get a single big spell back. Thanks From.

I generally do enjoy magic in games like this bit is it advisable for a new player to go with a magic class? As for weapon types I'm not really sure what options are.

someone ?

Consider going for pyromancer if you want to use spells in a way that isn't stat-hungry.

>This ain't fucking WoW.
And thank god for that, eh? Any rules of thumb for leveling then?

Maybe something that trades really well?

Magic in DaS is different from magic in BB. BB used it like items, DaS you need a wand or whatever and equip the spell to a separate slot that's based on a stat specifically for spell slots.

>And thank god for that, eh?
Don't try to fit in so hard, it's cringy.

The usual, upgrade equipment first and raise levels second.

????
Wrong person?
If I drop it I don't think you can see it unless you already have a +2

While I understand Vit isn't a substitute for Vig, I'm not sure what Str weapon I want. I got a Great Machete drop while running around the Settlement, I've the Butcher Knife, and I've got a couple other things on my mind. I was thinking going light-weight so I could use Havel's or some other ludicrously heavy gear, but now I'm not sure.

Don't level Resistance.

Thanks again senpai
If you ever need help with something let me know

I've been pretty regularly creating the new threads whenever I'm actually awake for it for the past week or two, I assume maybe the mods saw the IP of the thread maker and decided this one should survive?

No problem dude

oh sorry man I thought you wanted some +2 ring in exchange
also you dont need +2 ring to see other +2 rings
high wall of lothric pass dsg

Armor absorption % on heavy armors differs by single digits, and on top of that there's a diminishing returns effect when you start going over 25%. Havel's says it'll give you 20% more overall absorption than, say, Alva's, but when you actually equip it you only have 8% more. Armor absorption is calculated after flat defense, so the effect is smaller than you'd think.

Armor is for poise, mostly. Absorption is nice, but you can get good absorption off shit like Fallen Knight's and Alva's so it hardly matters. You still want Vit for the flat defense if you ever plan to trade hits, though, and having higher equip load helps out with the more massive Str weapons.

Don't forget absorption

>Don't try to fit in so hard
I just think WoW sucks cock tbqhwy. Didn't really have anything to do with fitting in on this Tibetan dog recipe exchange board. But thanks I will keep those things in mind.

Oh shit be there in less than 5

w-who drew this!?

Does anyone know how to make your eyes red like champion gundyr's

saucenao.com/
urafaget

just google

Get infected by the abyss

>not even mad enough that his eyes glow red

Different user, but if it really is calculated like that, then why are straight swords so powerful in the meta? A large number of small attacks would have a lot more of the damage mitigated by the flat defense on a per-strike basis, whereas big weapons would have a much smaller percentage of their damage reduced by the flat defense (a straight sword that does 300 damage against 100 flat defense would lose 33% of its damage before armor, whereas an ultra with 600 would lose 17%).

Is it just because poise isn't a thing anymore so it's near impossible to get big attacks off? Or am I grossly misunderstanding how it works?

I will do it
>try getting so mad my eyes glow red
>the just get kind of red but no glowing
what do

I miss real magic

DaS>BB>>>>>>>>DaS3>DeS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literally eating feces>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2

thanks dude

get even madder

you're waifu is shit

lmao

wear that one ds2 ring
No problem, nice face

Another different user: it's calculated after flat defense, but flat defense isn't "flat defense" in the truest sense of the term. Technically the nominal amount of damage your absorption decreases will go down a bit if you have more defense negating more of the damage beforehand, but it's not very significant. I mean, suppose you've got 100 fire resistance. A fire resin adds less fire damage than that. Have someone strike you with a physical weapon, then have them do it again with the resin applied. The resin still adds damage, so it's not like you're getting 100 damage subtracted.

>my waifu is shit
HOW DARE YOU MY WAIFU IS THE BEST AND YOURS IS SHIT.
FUCK YOU

MADDER

Supposedly it's similar to how it works in bloodborne

darksouls2verificationdata.web.fc2.com/calculation-bloodborne.html

the best waifu is __male Anri

Your waifu pleasures old hollows for money

That's... a very good point.

And I now just realized that the "flat defense" is actually DaS1 defense, and the "armor absorption" is Bloodborne defense. Those crazy nips used both at the same time, what the fuck.

>getting lagstabbed by koreans and furries even in DS3 now
I know for a god damned fact you can't rollstab in DS3 unless the person is retarded and doesn't even attempt to avoid it, what is this bullshit?

There is tech for backstabs. It's mlg_pro magic - backstep

step it up user, even ravioli backstab is in 3

How did you get all these items?

Best gift in DaS?

>get lag stabbed earlier
>take no damage

Wut?

For a first playthrough maybe old witch ring? Master key is by far best but I enjoyed finding shortcut keys my first time through.

Yeah I know the tech, this was
>1h swing a Gaxe
>guy runs at me with Dork Sword
>I roll well past him
>get backstabbed

So, if I keep building Vit, would it be better to use a lightweight weapon and 25% absorb armor to stay below 30% weight, or is fastroll not worth it when I have much better options and go for a heavier build below 70%?

Here's what I'm at currently. About to fight Abyss Watchers, so and when I originally asked if what weapon I should use, I had no weapons upgraded at all because I wanted to save resources. I've since started on the Great Machete, but that can change.

Right on, if the master key is what it sounds like, it's probably a little hacked. What does the ring do?

If someone rolls past you, you just unlock and turn 90 degrees and then hit R1. It will trigger a backstab against midroll about 95% of the time.

This has been around for a while. It looks really buggy when it works but it's consistently reproducible. Don't roll into or past competent players.

You're misunderstanding, he ran at me and rolled, when he rolled I rolled past him, then immediately upon him exiting the roll, I got BS'd.

>I rolled past him
Yes, this was your mistake.
If you roll past someone, they get a free BS on you as long as they know the trick. That's all there is too it.

I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU AND MURDER YOUR FAMILY
OH YOU FUCKED UP NOW I'M COMING FOR YOU

Just for clarification, the master key doesn't work on all doors, but it does work on many of them. It allows for neat sequence breaking on future playthroughs. You can also buy it from an NPC fairly early on.

The ring lets you understand an NPC you otherwise wouldn't understand. It's something pretty minor but the ring is kind of annoying (the way's a bit obscure, rather) to acquire other than as a starting gift.

Yeah but he was ALSO ROLLING, we rolled past each other and I was well out of range of my weapon once he got out of the roll. I've seen that tech done and there's no damn way you can initiate it from that distance immediately out of a roll.

How do I git gud at parrying?

Equip fist weapon
Mash L2

does upgrading a bow/crossbow counts as a level upgrade for online ?

Don't see why it wouldn't.

If you're talking about Bloodborne, lots of practice. It's weird and the timing varies from enemy to enemy. You don't absolutely have to know how to do it but you definitely want to.

Get one with a special animation.

Yes, rev up that +2 avelyn

fist or small shield and press l2.

I'm in Solaire's bonfire room, SL 47, on PC, using Dragon King's Greataxe and Grass Crest Shield. I've had my summon sign down forever, but no summons. Is Dark Souls 1 really that dead?

No comments?

do you have any nodes? `

Invasions are weird sometimes

Lords of Fallen in PSN worth downloading?