What is the going rate for a 2003 wrx with ~150k miles and in generally great condition...

What is the going rate for a 2003 wrx with ~150k miles and in generally great condition, barring some hideous rice I'm going to have to remove?

He's asking 8,500 but I'm thinking more like 3,500 just because the hood offends me.

Pic unrelated but close enough.

well what is the condition, not aesthetically?
is the check engine light on? does it run like shit? does it make weird noises or rattle?
and i assume the tranny has been rebuilt? those had that weak as fuck first gear.

No idea, haven't checked it out in person yet. I'm not buying if any of that is going on, I just wanted a general idea of how low I could go based on aftermarket parts and rice alone assuming it isn't a rolling turd.

It's 105 dollars usd per ton for scrap steel right now. That should give you a good answer

It also depends on where you live.
>Subaru is huge here and everyone thinks they are worth gold used, so they go for 10k here....

i do not know what you are thinking, but aftermarket parts do not really add value. certainly not compared to if they were sold off the car.

he should have things like a shifter kit and i guess other things like sway bushings if he modded it.

those do not add value

I'm thinking they decrease value by a large margin and that I can get it for a lot less than what he's asking.

If it's riced out stay away. You know some fuccboi owned it and beat the shit out of it

You won't get it for that much. His price is retarded but fair since that's the going rate including the rice tax.

decrease? no...
not as a rule of thumb

dude 100% of wrx are beat on. we already know.
worry more about the tranny syncros

>fair
What the fuck is that?

You're right on the money. 4-5 grand tops. He's being unrealistic on the price.

How much he can probably sell it for. Doesn't matter if you think it' is or isn't worth that much. Everyone here is right to say it would be stupid to pay him that much but suckers that would pay that much are a dime a dozen, meaning he's probably gonna get his asking price or close to it since there's big demand for these shitboxes right now.

I just don't think he's going to budge much on it because according to CL, he's becoming a 'student' and needs something cheaper. It's a 50/50 if that means the tranny is about to fall out or the gas mileage is just killing him.

But, desperation and honesty make for some favorable negotiations.

Do not buy one of these unless owner can provide service records especially timing belt. Also you better take it to shop for inspection before you buy

this, if owner can provide GOOD records then the price is fair but i'm sure he'd take 7500

>wrx
>service records

Removing the stickers and finding a less autistic hood costs more than that.

don't buy one off a fuccboi, I've seen many ads with serviced wrx's they just cost a bit more

that hood is fine for meantime, we can tell you are low on money. There will always be stock hoods to replace with for CHEAP

It costs me time more than anything else. I'm just looking for a step up from a miata approaching 200k that can get me to class and work the two times a year it snows and be a miserable pain in the ass that goes sideways through trees the rest of the year.

Then this is what you need, mention you really plan on replacing the hood and it will reflect price. Again, service records or don't bother

I'll look into it.

I'm also open to alternatives. I would get a truck but the truck market around here is absolutely fucked.