What are some things you see people doing while driving that immidiately tells you that they have no idea how to drive?

What are some things you see people doing while driving that immidiately tells you that they have no idea how to drive?

>people that don't do corrective steering shimmys under panic stop braking

>they post on Veeky Forums from their phone

drive a dodge charger, nissan altima, or a chrysler 300

>people that don't do corrective steering shimmys under panic stop braking

This. I once had the steering lock activate on my car while going 70mph and the inability to correct the steering as I slammed the brakes on was a horrible feeling. I fear for people who just stamp on the brakes and death grip the wheel.

s-sorry, my laptop is too bulky to use while driving.

>A woman is driving the car

>taking more than 4 seconds to reach the speed limit
>driving in the overtaking lane because you have to make a turn in 10 minutes
>driving under the speed limit
>not indicating
>exiting a roundabout from the inside roundabout lane when you aren't allowed to
>people who are turning into the lane in front of you from a stop, speed to enter the lane to beat you when they didn't have enough time to enter the lane, then proceed to take ages to reach near the speed limit and then drive under or at the speed limit.
>people who don't park directly in the middle of a parking spot, they instead park their drivers side about 5 inches from your car and fuck your door up

Black Ice hanging from the mirror is a dead giveaway

why did your steering lock?

They don't have ecoboost

what if the speed limit is 60?

then you need a faster car

>getting into a turn lane and slowing down but not committing to the lane, and straddling it.
>being the car behind above person and not slowing down to stay behind said driver until lane is clear but instead trying to squeeze through
>people who pass bicyclists by gunning it and crossing their fingers
>people who treat a half width shoulder or bike lane as a turn lane when turning right (and again the person behind them almost always maintains speed and crosses the centerline to pass)

And obviously all the people who still have no clue what to do at a 4-way stop.

cute girl

German engineering.

Lane ends? Everyone's merging?

Why, I HAVE AN EMPTY LANE ALL TO MY SELF!

BEEP BEEP LET ME IN I AM MERGING

Tech savvy retards who think they save gas by turning on and off the over drive button on their automatic cars

>Death gripping the wheel with their face an inch from the air bag.
>Extensive body damage

>not wearing a seatbelt

>braking downhill

I've never heard of that. What exactly are you supposed to do?

If I'm driving on the highway and traffic slows down or stops real quick, I try and pull off to the side a little so the person behind can see traffic stopped ahead of me or pull off to the shoulder or other lane if I can't stop in time or the person behind is coming up too fast.

Today at an intersection two girls turned out into the wrong lane (oncoming traffic) I tried to tell them what was up, but they just looked at me like a crazy person. Crazed woman drivers.

>panic braking at all
its like they were not paying attention or thinking ahead

A 300 almost backed into me on my way home I believe it.

>people who don't drive their car as if they are in the big race

I had to do that when I had a Wrangler because it handled badly. My Volt is stable enough to where I don't have to do that while braking.

>drivers that pack like sardines in front of the line when creeping up for a left turn

>not having even brake force distribution

you know if you get one new brake caliper on the front wheel then the other front caliper has to be replaced too

Most know how to drive they just don't give a shit.

>cutting through parking lots
>using the merge lane that ends to pass you on the right
>slowing down near pokestops
>driver on main road who stops to yield for someone to turn off a side street reeeeeeeeeeeee

I will never understand the last one, makes a traffic hazard for karma bux.

The ones who genuinely dont' know are first generation Asian immigrants. Not their fault tho, its a cultural thing.

most of you guys dont know what its like to drive a high performance car, so many more dickheads trying to race you or drive aggressively around you trying to be alpha when your car has 0-60 like 4 seconds faster than their car.

>Woman driving
>Full-size truck
>Don't accelerate while merging
>Luxury SUV/Crossover
>Hang on your ass even if your going at the speed limit
>Hang on your ass with a lead foot while you take off a green light

what do you do at a 4 way stop?
i live in australia which usually has lights or roundabouts or 2 way stops but i just moved to a town that's fuckin obsessed with them, there's like 6
i guess you just give way to the right (remember traffic is flipped from the correct side) but what if 4 people arrive at exactly the same time

Everyone comes to a complete stop at the signage and/or crosswalk, and cross in the order that they arrived. If people stop all at the same time, it's up to them to decide to give way. Stop signs aren't really designed around 4-way stops, sometimes it's just easier to wave the other people across rather than wait awkwardly. Right of way may vary by state but not by much, stops signs all mean the same thing.

in canada, its pretty much this, + whoever is more courteous/a douchebag

Back where I use to live had a couple 4 way stops that weeded out bad drivers pretty well. There'd been so many crashes at one by my house that a cop car is pretty much stationed there every day during primetime, its hilarious.
Pretty sure most of the retards thought 4way stop meant you stop, wait, then gun it regardless of whoever is there. Almost always some old korean lady in their kia sedan or SUV, absolutely 0 perception of whats happening on the road around them. How these fucks got licenses is beyond me

>braking for gentle corners
>poor lane tracking
>not driving at the speed limit
>slowing down for light drizzle
>just generally losing their shit because it's not bright and sunny and that scares them

>asian drivers
>women drivers
>old drivers

fuck, you fucking nailed it

>going under 30 miles an hour down the highway in ice/snow when they're driving an SUV or large truck

>red light ahead
>start braking gently like half a mile out
>slam on their brakes when they actually get close
>spend the red light's cycle creeping forward into the 3-car space they left themselves

>corrective steering shimmy

Wut?

Anything hanging from the mirror really. I don't get how people do that.

at autocross the bad people do

and then there's the people with full recline on their chairs and are miles away from the controls

Started doing that once local Sheriffs started setting up speed traps at the bottom of some hills. 55mph posted but could reach 70mph if I don't brake.

>turning into the outside lane from a turning lane at an intersection
>immediately start turning when they start moving forward from the turning lane.
>grabbing the steering wheel underhand when turning
>driving with one hand at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel
>a bunch of shit and lanyards hanging from car keys (safety hazard)
>shit hanging off mirrors that block visibility (safety hazard)
>constantly creeping forward at stop lights
>not accelerating on on-ramps

That's how you know they got 2WD

>What are some things you see people doing while driving that immidiately tells you that they have no idea how to drive?

being female

>OLD PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE TRAFFIC POLICE AND INTENTIONALLY SLOW YOU DOWN BECAUSE THAT IS THEIR MISSION IN THE LAST YEARS OF THEIR LIFE.

I'm running a business, time on the road is money lost reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

>braking uphill
This happens to me all day, what a waste of energy.

>What are some things you see people doing while driving that immidiately tells you that they have no idea how to drive?

Nothing, because they are driving.

10/10.

>not using turn signals to alert others of your next move

That should be considered police entrapment. Of course gravity is going to speed you up unintentionally.

Veeky Forums is suppose to promote safe driving and discussion on all things automobile why would you use your phone while driving? That's illegal and dangerous. Please get off our board until you learn to drive safely.

Can't believe people are so nonchalant about using their phones, people are so dumb.

>Slight curve in road
>They slam on the brakes

RAGE.gif

>approaching red light
>signal to go to the left turn lane
>car already there in front of me
>nobigdeallol.jpg
>light turns green
>tfw no advance lefts after rush hour
>car doesn't move to centre even though the driver is staring forward and not distracted by anything
>all cars go through green opposite direction
>light turns amber
>turns red
>car infront of me guns it
>tfw cucked by a woman / ethnic driver

>go to look at a truck for sale
>"woman owned"
>aftermarket intake that isn't secured to anything
>tons of water exposure and mud in the engine bay
>she-seller is all fuk'd up or whatever and can't walk, different woman proxy selling truck
>crawl around it with buddy
>talk shit the entire time
>cat is gone, hollowed out with drill
>o2 sensor hanging from bailing wire from rear axle
>all the exhaust joints coated with epoxy and JB weld
>but hey the bottom of the engine block is dry!
>"she got this from a mechanic she trusted"

>is200
>"""""high performance"""""

It was just a prank bro, a simple social experiment.

>Arrive at stopsign 1 - 3 seconds before other vehicle stops
>I've come to a complete stop
>I start to go
>They start to go
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BITCH FUCK YOU I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY I STOPPED FIRST REEEEEE

just use your power of eye-fucking
>GTFO I WAS HERE FIRST EYEFUCK ACTIVATED

People using the turn signal in heavily Black populated City limits and people not using turn signals in primally white dominant area's

Doing dumb shit like weaving on the highway when there is a million cars and heavy traffic ahead of them.

Truck drivers using the left lane for anything more then just passing (sooner or later they run into a crazy driver.)

Mostly African drivers drivers who like to drive 16 in a 25 zone at 8 in the morning, I understand in Africa there are only Camels and that would be perfectly normal but here in the states we drive cars.

Doing 50 in the left hand lane.

and finally my all time Favorite, the woman behind the wheel with her eyes squarely glued to the cellphone in her hand.

I've seen a woman reading a book on the highway in the passing lane doing 20 under the speed limit.

I flipped her off, not sure if she saw because her face was down in her book.

This.

There's one particular main road near me, two lanes each way, 60km/h, well lit, lanes aren't too narrow, and there's this slight bend that the average car could take safely at 100km/h+ and every soccer mum who comes up on it brakes hard like it's a fucking hairpin.

If you can't control your car around that gentle corner consider surrendering your licence to your local police department.

>driver is turning off road into lot
>brake to a near stop slowly drifting into the shoulder but still in the way
>enter parking lot at 3mph after taking 20 seconds to execute a turn

Holy shit your car has brakes and there isn't a fucking bomb in the lot you are pulling into, fucking brake in the lot.

I hope you made you $20k

Living in southern california I'm sorta glad people slow the fuck down for light drizzle
99% of these people have NO idea how to drive in the rain.
>slight rain, nothing serious
>chick in an SUV doing a left turn
>couldn't have been doing more than 20mphh
>somehow manages to overstreer by 40 degrees, overcorrects like crazy and does a 180 in the other direction
>mfw

>Living in Los Angeles

It's a disaster. Everyone drives like a complete fuck. And the worst part is, you're forced to drive like a complete fuck as well just to deal with them. There's no escaping it.

It's just a big traffic anus with everyone making up their own rules as they go.

It drives me nuts man. I strongly feel that skid pan time should be one of the requirements in acquiring a licence so that people actually know how to control their cars when the sun stops shining - most seem to think that traction drops to 0 as soon as the first rain drop hits the tarmac.

> people who sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake rather than using the handbrake.
How fucking lazy are you that this little bit of courtesy is too much for you.

> people who brake hard on the road
If you have to do it you aren't paying enough attention and you shouldn't need to brake for a corner unless it's down hill.

> not indicating especially on roundabouts
No the rest of us aren't fucking psychic

> driving the lane 2 on a dual carriageway at 67mph oblivious to the chaos behind.
Yes you are obeying the speed limit, no what you are doing is not OK.

>overtaking on a dual carriageway in a hgv
See above only lets add some calculations,

you are traveling at a limited 56mph they are doing say 54mph (0.89m/s slower), the maximum length of a hgv is 18.75m so you need to pass double that plus your safe following distance and their safe following distance a total of 135.85m, that will take you a little over two and a half min, during which time you will travel 3803.7m or 2.36miles, a car traveling at 70mph would travel 2.95miles in that time 0.59 miles more, that 0.59 miles would have taken you an extra 1.4 seconds to travel at 54mph. You would have to be stuck behind the other vehicle doing 54mph for 64 miles for it to hold you up as long as the overtake holds up each car behind you.

I do that to get up hills
I realize it costs more gas but in OD my car shortshifts a bit too much for hills.

> people who sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake rather than using the handbrake.
i put my foot on the brakes rather than pull the handbrake because it turns on the brake lights. which makes me more noticable. never understood why someone wouldnt want that

>Triggered by some posting on Veeky Forums from a mobile device.

How sad has your existance become that the way someone browses a website is enough to trigger you?

BTW posted from a phone.

How many cars do you need to be behind you before you think your noticeability isn't improved?

>while driving

there's no downside to trying to increase how visible you are. there's a lot of people on the road who wouldn't notice a line of cars unless brake lights were. the more I can do to not be rearended the better

Yes there is when you are sitting behind some moronic retard with a high level brake light shining into your eyes at night. I'd shoot the lot of them but apparently that's illegal as well.

i dunno whose brake lights are blinding you but they're certainly not mine and i've never had an issue like that. besides if you're sitting behind them you're stopped its not like they're blinding you while driving

Not so much driving, but when I see someone pushing a cart terribly at the grocery store (plowing through aisles, not letting people pass by, etc.) I assume they're bad drivers

> you are stopping too close to the car in front
> you don't need to stare at bright lights. You're not a deer
> learn to squint or something you retarded faggot and stop posting on Veeky Forums forever

I do that but I only drive and brake in simulations.

win for me.

but it is cunt, what's your car? probably some shit heap

More than you can afford pal, Ferrari.

You are precisely the type of idiot this thread is about, congratulations, got to directly to driving school, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Trying to apex every turn

pay for a track ticket fgt

People that rest their hand on the shifter causing damage. People who constantly work the clutch on a hill instead of just using the break.

Youre supposed to move into the bike lane on a right turn you faggot

and/or asian

>96 Suburban
>no engine brake

:(

>>exiting a roundabout from the inside roundabout lane when you aren't allowed to
I absolutely hate these people. It's illegal here and people still do it. You can only exit a roundabout form the 1st lane, unless the signals or road paint says differently.

2 times I've almost had people drive into my side because they don't realise I have the right of way when they swap lanes.
The last time I got honked at. I think I might have scared the poor guy by blasting past him.

Flying around a downhill blind corner with a clearly marked crosswalk and intersection ahead sign.

>people on the phone
>people with headphones on
>people craned over the steering wheel like they're four foot tall
>old people
>people who aren't paying enough attention
>general lane discipline (or lack thereof)
>people who can't maintain one speed
>people who drive aggressively/tailgate
>people who don't turn their head (roundabouts are a good source of this)
>any modified car (until proven otherwise)

So about 95% of people on the road.

>exiting a roundabout from the inside roundabout lane when you aren't allowed to
Where abouts is this a law? Where ever I've been it's an absolute no-no to change lane in a roundabout what soever.

>high performance car
>posts a base IS200
lol

Where I live, you're only supposed to use the outermost lane if you're taking the next immediate exit. Otherwise you're supposed to take the roundabout using the innermost lane and then signal and change lanes when you're approaching your exit.

I suppose it's like this on every EU country.

>I suppose it's like this on every EU country.
It really isn't, and it somewhat defeats the point of having two lanes in your roundabout when a car is forced to cover both lanes throughout entry and exit.

The point of having two (or more) lanes is to allow the traffic to flow better.

Someone who isn't from the UK should step in this argument, so we could see how it's properly done on other EU countries.

>The point of having two (or more) lanes is to allow the traffic to flow better.
Exactly, but when a car's forced to cover both lanes, it defeats that flow as no one can drive side by side throughout the entry and exit... I would've though anyway.
Just looked up on UK's rules, and they're consistent with yours.

>Exactly, but when a car's forced to cover both lanes
Well in theory yes, but it doesn't really matter since you're not inconveniencing anyone when you're taking the outer lane to exit, since that lane is supposedly already empty (if everyone is obeying the rules, that is.)

>it defeats that flow as no one can drive side by side throughout the entry and exit
Depends on how many lanes the roundabout has.

This

Use your 4way blinkers bruh. That's one of their uses