/palg/ - Paladins General

Elf's Elf and Orc's Orc Edition

>Previous Thread:

>Official site
paladins.com/

>Patch notes
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?11541-Closed-Beta-33-Patch-Notes-Fierce-Competition

>Forums
forums.paladins.com/

>Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ about the game
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Datamining
smitedatamining.com/category/paladins/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>max poison bolt reload proc
>max poison bolt cooldown
>auto invis for when you fuck up royally and your other two invis are gone
>double cloak time
>ninja step
>that ult range and damage
when is this bitch getting nerfed?

>added everyone on the ID list
>still says no referrals even though many people have also added everyone
>have gotten multiple friend requests so I know people are adding me
What the fuck is going on?

Does it take 24 hours for the referrals to go through or something?

Why isn't it auto logging me in anymore?

Shit's slow to update.

I reconfirmed my credentials in the Hi-Rez launcher, and it works.

Holy fucking shit Ruckus is broken. What the fuck are they thinking? He's basically Reinhardt with Bastion's turret and D.Va's thrusters.

Was doing that for me, too friendo. I think the servers fucked up.

I fixed it by signing out of the launcher and signing back in there, try that.

What heroes are good if you've >200ms?

cassie LAMOOO just spam bro XD!

This honestly. It's at the point where I just force close the client if I see the enemy team has him.

How do you sign out in the launcher? It just takes me to the hi rez webpage.

Skye's bomb's range is way too big for how much damage it does.

It's an instakill to all but the strongest tanks, and if she plants it when your team is clumped up at all, it's a wipe.

And that's on top of doing enough damage to basically gib any character in 1-2 seconds while you're unable to stop her because you legitimately can't see her.

Like I feel like Evie's OP but Skye is absolutely broken.

Thank you kind anons who suggested insta-locking Kinessa and then swapping out at the last second so shitters can't play her.

My game quality has gone up, but i still get braindead viktors and skyes trying to play like a sniper.

Ruckus is not that scary. He's the least mobile of the frontliners, which is a major liability in this game, and he doesn't have reliable protections for anyone buy himself. Yes, he has the repulsor field to give everyone with him on the point a shield, but that's not very much. The only thing Ruckus really has going for him is his volume of firepower. I would by no means call him the most dangerous frontliner in the game, because he's not a tank so much as he is a very heavy DPS, so you just have to treat him accordingly.

Click the button in the upper left corner with the horizontal bars, and select Log Out.

>LE BOMB INCOMING
>Was ~10m away as soon as it spawned
>Jetback up and away instantly
>LE INSTAKILL STILL HAHAHAH
>BTW I JUST WIPED YOUR WHOLE TEAM DESPITE THEM ALL BEING FAR AWAY FROM THE BOMB HAHAH :DDDD
Dead game on arrival tbqh.

Skye is fine. It's your fault for being too shit to counterplay her correctly.

Right, thanks. I'm pretty retarded for not seeing it.

Ruckus isn't as scary as you think, but it doesn't change that D.Va WISHES she was as dangeorus as Ruckus.

>using reversal as androxis
>cassie walks right infront of me
>kills me with a normal fucking arrow

AYYYY LMAOOOO

Has anyone started competitive yet? How is it?

There's a short delay between the end of Reversal and Androxus being able to do stuff again. You can still get arrow'd in the face at that time.

This game is kind of a fucking joke. It has potential, but it needs a massive rebalance and adjusting of the numbers before launch.

How do you counterplay that ult? You die even if you are shielded.

>Skye is fine
>5000 damage that's inescapable for over half the classes is fine
>the entire match being decided by one attack is fine
>insta-killing the tankiest characters in the game is fine
>having invisibility to all but confirm you can plant this in the middle of a team is fine
No, fuck off. Skye is fucking broken and anyone who plays her as she is now is single-handedly killing this game.

:)

>Ult is blocked by shields
>Ult is blocked by payload
>Most of the cast has movement abilities that can avoid it
>Deciding to clump up in bad spots anyways when you know she's on the enemy team

I bet you complained about Mei in OW too, huh shitlord?

Immediately use your movement ability to clear the blast radius or at least get behind cover.

Alternately, Grover ult.

no dude she fucking shot me near the middle of the fucking skill im not retarded. i play genji for like 100 fucking hours in that horse shit game aswell

Is it just me or is Kinessa kinda shit?

She's fucking trash. Shame too, she's hot as fuck.

Kinessa is not shit; she has a very capable kit that lets her accomplish multiple tasks. The problem is that it's very obvious when you have a bad player getting their mitts on her. You can hide being a shit Fernando or a shit Androxus, but you can't hide a shit Kinessa.

She suffers from the "bad players = bad character" meme, and it's unfortunate.

>Ult is blocked by shields
Flat out lie. Skye's Ult goes through shields.
>Ult is blocked by the payload
Doesn't change a god damned thing, there's not enough time accurately find out where the bomb is relative to the payload
>Most of the cast has movement abilities that can avoid it
Another lie, any class that's movement ability doesn't send them halfway across the map like Grover or Evie literally can not get far enoguh away not to be hit by this.
>Deciding to clump up in bad spots anyways when you know she's on the enemy team
Bitch my team could be spread farther than your mom's legs on a weekday and the radius of this fucking thing will still tear them to shreds.

I bet you play Skye and just don't want your E-Z mode to be taken away.

She's good, but you need to have a good loadout for her.

I'm a big fan of just massive minespam Kinessa. More mines deployed, Mines can slow multiple enemies, faster mine recharge, longer mine beam length. Fucking cover the field in mines.

Sniper Kinessa is shit. Carbine Kinessa is godly.

>Another lie, any class that's movement ability doesn't send them halfway across the map like Grover or Evie literally can not get far enoguh away not to be hit by this.
I've outrun the bomb as Barik, so you're full of shit.

>play drogoz
>win

if only i could do the same with makoa

>Durr I'm ignorant and don't know how to play the game, must mean ur lying xD

kys senpai

found the evie main

skye i mean skye

hey guys thought people would like this clip :) really enjoying the game!

>have to scroll through endless "overwatch for poor people xD" reviews on steam to find a legitimate one
steam reviews were a mistake

after overwatch ranked me down 135 points in "platinum" even though i have a positive 54% winrate i stopped playing

Did we have a player list yet?
Scandi yuropoor looking for freelance mlg clan members.

this game sucks

the only classes that are fun to play are flankers

tanks are fucking required to do well but they've got the most boring designs and playstyles in the entire game

half the classes do way too much damage and the other half do way too little

support classes can barely support at all, only purpose is healing the tank because everything does too much damage to heal properly

cards are 90% shit that barely do anything, and the other 10% are literally fucking required because they're super OP or it's impossible to do your job without them

half of the items are so specific that you'll never use them because a general one would do the same thing but better, another 40% of them are barely even worth mentioning unless you get them to level 3, and the remaining 10% are super OP and you'll pick them 9/10 times

But Evie is really fun to play though. Almost makes it worth it

when is the chink slut being added to the game? She is literally the only reason I downloaded this game. EVERY SINGLE MALE ON THIS GAME IS FUCKING HIDEOUS. Jesus Christ those designs.

She's returning to the roster next week, along with the return of Payload.

playing evie is like an entirely different game

when i play evie i feel like an unstoppable god of speed running around and demolishing the enemy's backline and cheekily surviving encounters with the entire enemy team by the skin of my teeth

when I play other classes i feel like a cuck that moves about as fast as a snail while everyone else is having a good time having orgies

I've yet to get a handle on Evie, like what my pacing should be, how I should be getting around, when to engage, etc.

Does this game have any good husbandos?

An unfortunate downside is that my team-mates sometimes alt+f4

Indeed, in multiple flavors.

Oh by the way, GLORY TO FERNANDO.

Not a single one. Every male is sadly really ugly, in design and personality. The bomb guy is kinda cute, but he needs a rework. There is too much going on with his design, it needs to be cleaned, he should be looking like Vlad, from Rising Thunder

Good.

Im getting mixed signals.

Need builds for Grohk and Ruckus... Perhaps bomb king too

Makoa is a team player, if your team is shit, then fuck them

With Evie just always stay moving around the outside of the fray and via rooftops with a build like this. Try and engage with ice block+blink for the sweet 60% damage bonus, especially against tanks. go for point blank kills where it looks safe so long as you have an out, which as Evie you always should. I usually start a defensive item to better dul things like Androxus whos usually a pain to fight.

So in 2 days I am already in the top 10 Viktors, and here is my experience so far.
Because there is no ladder, when players don't get the champion they want, they either A) Immediately AFK or B) Spend the entire game bitching.
There is literally no incentive for players to do their best EVERY game and as a result the community is plagued by children that auto throw games. This in turn negatively reflects on everyone who does try to play their best every game. Also in any given game you may have the best player in the game and the worst player in the game, resulting in mass stomps and even more ragers.
While I like the idea of seeing where you stand against other players on the same champion, there needs to be a standard ladder to keep the crybabies in line and also to separate out the various skill levels.
Final complaint, you can only solo queue so I can't play competitively with my friends. There should at the very least be a duo queue.
TL;DR: Please implement a standard ladder, like every other competitive game in the world

Got the basically the samebuild but I always start cooldown. Makes entering and leaving fights at your whim so efficent because it generally means you can go back in at a different angle before your enemy has healed.

Dont play Ruckus or Grohk much, but Ive been doing pretty well with this for BK. Best of luck landing his autos, but his crowd control is great.

Just bought Barik. Any tips? What cards?

Turret heal sucks (because enemies destroy them in 2-3 seconds) go for either barrier or turret CD reduction

>not having a hidden turret

Get bowling ball, slam objects for a free shield. And don't listen to that other guy, turret heal is almost essential as well, especially to solo tank. I usually start heal on kill with him because you'll be tagging lots of people to trigger that effect all match long.

What's your favorite Ult line?

For me, nothing can ever beat:

>GIVE YOUR KING A BIG HUG!

I giggle like an idiot almost every time

I regret buying him already. He's so shit. Doesn't help last game I had retards that were never on the obj so I was the only one on there.

Weapon is buggy as fuck. The sound is far later than the actual shot. Not sure if it's hitscan, either. Seems to be delayed or actually a projectile.

BEHOLD! THE DRAGONS! FURY! *VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Barik's shotgun is hitscan. In Paladins, only hitscan weapons can headshot. This is why Kinessa can headshot, but Cassie can't.

this desu
barik can be annoying as fuck when he's on the enemy team because of the constant barriers, but no matter who's playing him, his gun always seems to do no damage (I never die to him and never kill anyone as him either)

wtf? i was in game and suddenly booted out the main menu. just before that my game closed. the fuck is going on?

Bariks shotgun has reasonably low damage per pellet and a pretty wide spread. I've managed to score a few kills with him but you need to be at almost point blank range.

Flankers shouldn't be able to outdamage Damage class heroes.

Flankers rely on the element of surprise, sneaking behind you, surprising you when you're busy fighting someone else, catching you from behind where they have advantage of you having to turn around and locate them.
Right now if a Damage class comes heads on with a Flanker they are as good as dead. At the very best it's a 50-50. It shouldn't be like that really. Especially not with a Tanky meta and a really fast capping control points. What's the point of picking Damage classes if Flankers do their jobs better.
Why not just rename them to Super Damage class, if you're going to make them and their kit that strong.

And you need to be backed up by both turrets.

The damage or the range need to be buffed.

Barik's shitgun needs larger range, tighter spread and faster firing rate. It still tickles, but at least he can do something to do the faggots that are on his ass 24/7

Damage classes shouldn't BE coming heads on with Flankers. Damage classes are good at long-range prolonged engagements.

I always run into a flanker when going out of spawn. They shoot my horse and then 1v1 me.

And it's not that damage class comes heads on with a flanker, it's that the flankers come head on with us on our side of the map.

Because flankers don't have mid/long-range capabilities like damage dealers do. Androxus, Skye and Buck will never win a marksmanship competition against Cassie, Viktor and Kinessa, and Evie doesn't have the raw destructive explosive power of Drogoz or Bomb King. Flankers have gap closers to make up for this, but it doesn't change that they all rely on short/mid-range skirmishes.

Cassie needs to be used a set servant of pleasure for the superior elven aristocracy.

Plus, you don't see flankers breaking frontline shields any time soon.

Damage dealers have more overall control of the map, too. Drogoz and Bomb King have area denial with their Salvo and Grumpy Bomb, and Cassie and Kinessa can dictate the pace of a fight with their Disengage and Oppressor Mines. Flankers have to use their ults to have any level of control like that (Androxus's Accursed Arm, Evie's snow storm, Skye's time bomb).

Skye would be the perfect pimp for Cassie.

Funny. I find Viktor to be nigh-useless long range but shreds up close. Unless you have an aim-bot, of course.

Or, y'know, you use his Iron Sights and have his recoil compensator card.

>Trying to run away from the bomb instead of still taking cover
It's the same fucking thing as D.Va Ult.

holy shit whose fucking idea was it to have ledges you could fall off of in spawn

every fucking game i'll maneuver my horse SLIGHTLY too close to the edge and fall off, and then for whatever fucking reason the game freezes

what the fuck

Still far better up close. Or better, use a hero that's actually useful.

>Ivan
>Not useful
All right, humor me. How is he useless?

Not all areas have cover. Some areas like the capture point or the points near the base doesn't have any cover nearby. Skye ults there when you defend and your whole team disappears.

And don't try to tell me "get behind the payload" because there are 4 enemies waiting back there shooting at you while you run and can't shoot back(unless you're telling me to WALK there, which means I won't get far enough from the bomb).

so when does the game stop being fun?

xD
what a fucking faggot
his name is Homunculoo

also, is this horse glitch happening for anyone else?
pay no attention to my shit quality

until you catch a stray bullet and ragdoll halfway across the map

Yeah but to be fair that's almost every class

You're trash, kill yourself.

no, I had noticed it earlier and turned on fraps to record the killcam

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR IN THE END IT DIDN"T EVEN MATTER

everything this guy said is true

tanks are boring, literally all the supports suck, everything else is just a burst-damage-race, since you heal to full outside combat
aoe's have the tiniest ranges in all the shooters I've played and feel weak as fuck

also all maps have shitty designs
they are all funnels leading you to the big clusterfuck in the middle
one exception is the forest map with the open hilly starting area and a town area around the point - that is the only decent map with opportunities to juke, get around the other team, use cov- oh sorry, you weren't on the point spamming damage at each other? POINT LOST

inb4 samefag cause I don't use caps like that other guy

I've had the horse glitch a few times. I'm pretty sure it is only in the killcam though and not what the other player actually saw.

>since you heal to full outside combat
You can't do anything for five seconds before health regen kicks in. Five seconds is a long time in this game.

git gud

>didn't break 300k