/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

With Fire and Sword edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16 :
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/Kc6hzaW1

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
full download
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8
patch from earlier versions to 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!dt5mQQJL!TJaUZk2ZQDjRdyezFyRWrVhIKNY9pLk2rpMQeM5AqzI

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17
steamcommunity.com/id/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

2nd for the ETERNAL RHODOK

Mount & Blade & DLC's = the ultimate online LARP experience?

I hate memes stop posting them

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

this prestige system surely makes sense
i have to own fifty thousand apartments to have a chat with a king
or i can wait for the king to leave the city and i can talk to him for free.
amazing.

What mod?

>not a new IP

Reminder that Prima Nocta is the birthright of every Noble.

would anyone want to play this WFAS thing i'm doing after i'm finished? keep in mind it's based off native WFAS since the diplomacy version breaks the main quests apparently
working on cossacks atm, getting closed to finished
sounds like nova aetas

>tfw you've lost all motivation to keep modding Warband with Bannerlord on the horizon but Bannerlord never seems like it's getting any closer

>Bannerlord has been cancelled

What if I'm a level 100 Commoner and the Noble is only Level 1

BLEEE

The problem with roleplay in Warband multiplayer is that too many people care about 'winning' and 'progression' and do little actual roleplay.

>not classing-up at level 30
You're a in-maxing faggot.

What's the name of the mod that lets you play as your soldier when you die like in 1257

You quoted the wrong person
At level 100 I can still crush the noble's dick to paste with my vaginal walls.

I think it was something made specifically for 1257 and not released separately, like lance recruitment

fuck

>still no release date

"we're faggots and we don't want other mods to have cool features"

I know your feel. Most people also seem to roleplay as a cereal killer.

Isn't it also in Silverstag?

I don't know, it could be a different script with the same function. Is Silverstag opensource?

does anyone have the files to this one lewd mod?
pic related
forgot name

What mods have the highest quality or most interesting armor/weapon assets?
I've been fooling around putting new armors into acuck all day.

some of the new stuff in PooP is quite good

L'Aigle, ACOK, and 1257 probably have the best assets overall. Narf's latest OSP is likely the highest quality assets made for Warband yet but most of the models aren't in any mods (I think just a few are in ACOK).

>mfw I've been playing a Red Dead Redemption and 1866 lately.
I can't wait for the inevitable Bannerlord western mods, specially now with the new and improved horse riding mechanics.

Is RDR out for PC yer?

>mfw I thought it said "for a few denars more" with an xbow instead of a gun and dead swadians in front of him

the eternal rhodoks have warped my mind

Like what?
Just spent an hour looking through the brfs, most of it seems like dog shit

most recent armors, check the subforum on the upcoming patch and look through the images, there's similar stuff in there already

Photoshop of "For a few denars more" when?

kek

I'd watch it

Ah, there are a few good ones there.

I've heard rumors of rumors that it'll end up ported to PC when it gets ported to the new gen of consoles. Or something like that.

I'm pretty sure it worked out well for Dragon's Dogma so R* is likely to succeed rather well if they toss the game up on steam or whatever. You pretty much have a fair chance of snagging every male american pc gamer as a customer because everyone's inner 8 year old pretty much love cowboys. That and robots and dinosaurs.

RDR is the game besides DD that I remember REALLY wanting when I first heard about them but ended up being peeved about not having a console to play it on.

No.

But maybe Xenia will change that soon.

I've finally got a new computer so much for holding out till bannerlord so I can play something besides M&B and CK2. DD:DA is on my list of things to play along with DW:8:XLCE abd Mad Max.
I started with Mad Max and have really been enjoying it. I also really liked JC2 so that is probably why, same devs and very similar style of gameplay.

>STILL no Warsword patch 2
did they just give up?

GUYS WE ARE FUCKED
IT'S OVER
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

found out how to add the grenade explosive script to ranged weapons: you have to add it to the ammo
which may mean explosive ammo for caribbean
and explosive shotguns
but for now, bed

use it in battle pls

This map was really neat, with two large hills preventing flanking. I hope in bannerlord we get more variation in maps like this.

>Notice something odd about how they throw the practice kunai
>take a picture
Imagine how bad it would hurt, if they were blade first.

That dynasty warriors mod got an update, Cao Cao.

>tfw you conquer Nippon as a glorious Nanban
>tfw you eliminate the Sarranids as a glorious Swadian/Rhojewdok

>not playing as the sarranids
their gear is neat, and the scenes are comfy

>and the scenes are comfy

sultan hakim pls

t.b.h sarranids are the only faction who even bother putting effort to their castle interior though. They got the prettiest halls

the second being either swadian or khergits

the villages looks good, the desert bandit encampments are great too, whats with nice oasis's and palms

Is the Adventures in Nip Land sub mod compatible with Gekonewer?

I want extra Gaijin units and items

so what's each nations specialty in carribean?
guessing spanish are pike and french are musket but what are the others

its included in gekonewer

Neato, thank you.

I just started a character in Silverstag having chosen the son of an impovrished noble start, but I was given no prompt to choose a banner and have begun with blank heraldic armour, spoke with King Feastsalot and he commented on my common birth. Is this as intended, maybe that you're not recognised as a Calradian noble in Silverstag until you actually have a fiefdom in Calradia, or is something up with the mod/my installation?

Wow, right after posting I decided to just go ahead and play and see what's up and almost immediately afterwards got the banner prompt; I assumed it would be at chargen, but nevermind, all is well.

BANNERLORD

Why doesn't looting a village decrease honor?
Is it really okay to kill bunch of peasants and women for loot?

chivalry doesn't apply to peasants

Nobody knows

Are there any western mods for warband out?

DED

Would anyone be interested in me posting my tweaked version of a Rome mod? It's Bellum Imperii (which in my opinion has the best/largest map and best UI) as its base, with a shit load of assets and textures ripped from the Russian mod Imperia (which in turn ripped almost all of its textures from Rome at War). Bellum Imperii's biggest downside was the lack of variety, and I'm currently going through and adding a lot of the armors and weapons to troop tables, as well as tweaking it so the units ripped from Imperia and RaW will show up in the provinces (ie: Jewish troops in the garrisons and recruitable from villages in Judea, Gallic from Gaul, etc). I'm by no means knowledgeable in actual modding, so I'm not claiming it's original or groundbreaking, but it's at least a start from the blandness of Bellum, and the ridiculous and poorly done Slav job of Imperia.

Villages are pretty much the backbone of most medieval armies. They're valid military targets

GABBI
A
B
B
I

1860s Old America, but I have never tried it, so I'm not sure whether it's an upgrade or a downgrade from 1866.

Sounds interesting
Post it

Also interested in knowing this

Gekokujo has become the definitive Japanese mod, 1257 AD the realistic medieval mod, and Sands of Faith as the crusades mod, but there doesn't seem to be as strong consensus on what are the definitive Western or Roman mods

Only 1860s Old America and Mount and Gladius come to mind, but I haven't gotten to those yet so I suspect they might be shit

Which mods have the slootiest armor, or just good female armor in general?

>help Isolla take over Swadia
>several years later the entire continent
>she starts banishing all the lords out of Calradia
>only about 8 lords in total left with only one or two of them having one fief
>while she gives me EVERYTHING and tax inefficiency is slowly fucking me up
>only place she cares about is Suno the rest is more or less mine or unclaimed
>lords get banished for recommending their friends who don't get jack-shit
I want to rebel but I literally don't know how. What do I do?

this is what you wanted user

the butter king will be avenged

>flat sand
>wavy sand
>sand dunes
>steep sand dunes
>more sand
>oasis and some sand-coloured houses in the middle of sand
Nord villages, Vaegir towns, and Swadian nature a best.

Ugh.

I'm already regretting this.

oh fug I am so sorry user

that's a bad sign

Maybe 1866 is the one true Western mod?

It seems to have better assets than 1866 (and it took others straight from 1866), but knows jack-shit about how to properly use them.

I spent several minutes wandering around LOISVILLE trying to find the guy who always attacks you on the beginning before the merchant quests.

Well, this house doesn't look half-bad, but who fucking calls himself 'Tommygunz'?

I thought 1866 was a mod for the original MnB?

It is, but I can only they've taken a more authentic approach than fucking TOMMYGUNZ

Are there any good fantasy mods, possibly with mythological creatures?

Who the fuck designed this map and didn't even bother to make it geographically accurate? You could had at least not made everything fucking plains.

Warband adds desert buildings and all that shit, and you won't even bother using it.

It is. Mods like 1866 are the only reason to get the original M&B over (or as well as) Warband.

disgusting

you've suffered enough user, do not continue torturing yourself

thanks for your sacrifice

Share my friend

I don't even know what the fuck is going on down here.

the hell are the white spots supposed to be

why does the map look so jagged

why isn't it even a desert

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you know a person is autistic when they CAPITALIZE ALL THE CITIES

W-WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS CANCUN DOING, EXISTING IN 1860

THE CITY WAS FOUNDED LESS THAN HALF A CENTURY AGO AS A TOURIST TRAP
IT HAS ZERO HISTORIC VALUE
I SHOULD KNOW, I LIVE HERE
THE WHOLE STATE WAS NOTHING BUT MANGROVES AND FORESTS DURING 1900

THEY COULDN'T EVEN BOTHER ADDING ACTUAL COLONIAL-ERA CITIES OF THE REGION, LIKE MERIDA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

see warned you bruh

what does the whole map even look like

>nova aetas
>feast at sargoth
>ladies don't spawn
>there's like 7-8 spawn points total and only the jarls get to spawn
how did they fuck this up

Forests, for some reason every single one of them is snowy.

It's huge, and that is not good. Looks like a chore to travel through, specially considering that everything looks exactly the same.

Practically spans all of the East Coast, from the south of Canada to Guatemala and Belize.
It has practically every single island of importance in the Caribe, but they didn't even bother locating La Habana.

My resume is:

Don't fucking bother.
If you want to play a western mod play 1866. It's quality is far superior to this piece of shit, even if it's made for the original M&B.

>he doesnt flirt with jarls

How is the ending score difficulty calculated in vanilla? Obviously it doesn't change anything if I change the difficulty before retiring so is there anything I can do to raise the difficulty score?

>Don't fucking bother.

Noted

You did good, user

is cancun a shithole or is decent place to visit

It's pretty decent if you stick to the designated tourists spots, downtown, and most malls.

The place was mostly engineered as a small conglomerate of hotels with a small airport, but the place has been exponentially growing since 30 years ago after employees started bringing their families to live here.

You can walk around town and you'll probably have absolutely no problems other than people trying to sell you shit on the street if you can half-ass some Spanish and can bear riding the shitty public transport.
You have to haggle with anyone who doesn't have their prices written down, and they'll always try and charge you higher if you look like a tourist, specially if you don't speak the tongue.

Practically no organized crime other than people trying to sell you drugs at night clubs. You can get mugged at night if you go walking around deserted streets. Violent crime other than familiar disputes and domestic abuse is rare, and the only thing you have to bother about during the day is kids trying to sneak their hands into your bags/pockets while their brothers/sisters try and sell you stuff.

hey boys anybody wants to buy me Napoleonic Wars DLC TM

here's my steam steamcommunity.com/id/ memetoid/

thanks

>kids trying to sneak their hands into your bags/pockets while their brothers/sisters try and sell you stuff

everything sounded fine and reasonable up until this part

that's some real cunt shenanigans right there

>travel overseas
>wallet is stolen
>credit cards, passports, other important shit
>all gone just for pocket change that will get wasted in a day's time

fuck